Border Agent killed by Friendly Fire? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Border Agent killed by Friendly Fire?

glock39
10-06-2012, 15:32
"(NBC News) Investigators are preparing to announce that the death of Border Patrol Agent Nicholas Ivie in Arizona earlier this week was the result of friendly fire...

The conclusion is based on an analysis of the ballistics, the lack of evidence of other criminals in the area at the time, and other factors, the sources said.

The FBI released a statement later on Friday confirming that preliminary evidence showed friendly fire was to blame in the shootings."

I am quite aware that these types of tragic mistakes happen in both war and law enforcement. I would ask for a moment of prayer for the family that just lost a loved one.

However, I have grown somewhat cynical about reports coming out of the current administration (well, any administration actually, but especially this one). When our ambassador was killed in Libya, there was confirmation in 24 hours that it was a planned terrorist attack, but the president spent a week claiming it was a spontaneous demonstration against a video that no one had ever heard of. Which, admittedly, probably sounded better than having to explain that his whole foreign policy program was falling apart.

Now, if the Border Agent had been killed with, for example, a Fast & Furious weapon, then the administration certainly wouldn't want to admit that right before an election. But all this is frankly just based on my noticing that this seemed like suspiciously good timing for that announcement to come out.

Am I just being paranoid? Could someone with law enforcement experience tell me if I'm reading too much into this? If the administration hadn't just been trying to deny that terrorists attacked our consulate in Libya, then I wouldn't be thinking things like this :whistling:

wprebeck
10-06-2012, 15:41
Not according to a guy who was on scene - check out the coptalk thread.

glock39
10-06-2012, 16:04
Thanks, I knew somebody here would be talking about it. I don't have any facts, just my BS alert going off.

I hope the true facts come out. More specifically, I hope they come out, one way or the other, before the election.

azatrox
10-06-2012, 16:32
Didn't Mejico have two in custody?

wprebeck
10-06-2012, 16:35
Think so - I haven't followed it as closely as I should. I do know that a GT member was on scene and actively involved in the incident, and has said as much as he is able. I'll take his word over ANY news media outlet, anytime.

azatrox
10-06-2012, 17:14
Think so - I haven't followed it as closely as I should. I do know that a GT member was on scene and actively involved in the incident, and has said as much as he is able. I'll take his word over ANY news media outlet, anytime.

Roger that.

QNman
10-06-2012, 19:02
Yeah... I'll buy friendly fire. But I find it nearly impossible to believe they shot EACH OTHER.

jeanderson
10-06-2012, 20:11
I don't trust anything the media or government say anymore. And I don't think you're paranoid.

Peace Officer
10-06-2012, 20:50
Smells like another Bama/Holder coverup. I don't put anything past this Muslim loving president along with his "bro" in arms Holder. Four more years! Bend over America,,,,,,it's going to happen!:rofl:

Gunnut 45/454
10-06-2012, 23:25
Yea the same FBI that helped Holder cover up Fast & Furious. Couldn't get into Bengashi to investigate the Murders! That FBI that had a hand in the Fast&Furious operation! Yea we're going to trust anything they have to say! Not!:steamed:

DOC44
10-07-2012, 06:45
convenient BS PC report.

Doc44