iPad question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : iPad question

rsagona1
10-07-2012, 10:28
Ladies and gentlemen,
My mom was given 8 iPads for her work. Each iPad has to have the same apps installed on them. Instead of installing and purchasing them 8 different times separately, can she download them to a computer and sync each one?

She doesn't have the iPad here right now so I can't test.

I'm clueless with these iPads.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

certifiedfunds
10-07-2012, 10:39
Ladies and gentlemen,
My mom was given 8 iPads for her work. Each iPad has to have the same apps installed on them. Instead of installing and purchasing them 8 different times separately, can she download them to a computer and sync each one?

She doesn't have the iPad here right now so I can't test.

I'm clueless with these iPads.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Is mom an octopus?

G29Reload
10-07-2012, 10:47
I think most paid apps they let you go 5x, the free apps of which there are many should be able to propagate to all of them.

Good chance if they're all sync'd from the same computer they may let you load all.

boomhower
10-07-2012, 11:07
She or you is going to have to do some reading of EULA's. I'm guessing that the option to install on more than one tablet is only for consumer use and not business use for most apps.

If she can get her company to spend some money it will make her life a heck of a lot easier as well to get a multi dock.

Example (http://www.camcor.com/cat/Parasync-iPad-Charge-and-Synchronization-Dock-for-Multiple-iPad-Units-Includes-10-iPad-Protective-Cases-PARAI10-02NAP2.html)

This (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-configurator/id434433123?mt=12) application may also be of use.

edcrosbys
10-08-2012, 09:40
Make a company itunes account. Have all devices registered on the one company account. Sync them all with the same computer and select the option to install all available apps.

edcrosbys
10-08-2012, 09:41
I think most paid apps they let you go 5x,

I believe this is the number of computers that can link with the same itunes account. Not iOS devices (they are unlimited).

**edit**

Looks like they changed this last year. From what I read online, it's 10 total devices per itunes account (computers + iOS). It would still work for the OP.