EOW: USBP Douglas AZ - Second BP Death This Week [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : EOW: USBP Douglas AZ - Second BP Death This Week

blk69stang
10-07-2012, 11:58
Man, the US Border Patrol's Tucson Sector has had a rough week, losing a second agent right on the heels of the high-profile friendly-fire death of BPA Nick Ivie earlier this week.

RIP Agent Knight. :fallenofficer:

Official message below (edited for privacy of the family):

Ladies and Gentlemen:

It is with great sadness that I inform you of the death of Border Patrol Agent Richard "Sterling" Knight from the Douglas Border Patrol Station. Agent Knight passed away Saturday, October 6th, as a result of an unexpected illness.

Agent Knight, a 29 year old Texas native, entered the Border Patrol Academy as a member of Class 1000 on January 16, 2012. He is survived by his father, his mother, his step-mother, his step-father, and his two sisters. His step-father is the Assistant Patrol Agent in Charge of the Uvalde, Texas Border Patrol Station. Agent Knight's mother, is a former Border Patrol agent.

On behalf of the entire Border Patrol family, I extend my deepest sympathies to Agent Knight’s family, friends, and colleagues. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Ajon412
10-07-2012, 14:03
Rest in Peace, Brother...:fallenofficer:

Vigilant
10-07-2012, 15:04
God bless the good folks on the front line of the Border Patrol.

Godspeed, Agent Knight.

Kingarthurhk
10-07-2012, 15:45
Man, you're right they can't catch a break out there. It is amazes me there is a class 1000, it makes me feel old. 29 is just too young. A tragedy.

ClydeG19
10-07-2012, 16:11
It's been a rough couple of years for BP in Arizona.