Nothing like waiting till the last minute... lol [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nothing like waiting till the last minute... lol

Detectorist
10-08-2012, 00:24
Had a 5 page paper to do this week for my IT Governance class. I actually forgot about it and remembered it at 11pm tonight. It was due at 1 am, central time. Yikes. If I was late, even a minute over, I would have at least 10% deducted from my grade.

Drank some strong coffee and got down to business. The format was APA and my weakness is using Word 2010. I need to learn it better. Much better.

After realizing that Word keeps citations, I was able to use some old ones to create a bibliography.

I sent the paper in at 12:59 am. Just one minute under the deadline.

Who says a degree in English is useless? lol

skeeter7
10-08-2012, 00:31
I remember those late night papers in college. The internet as well as "Copy and Paste" were my friends...:whistling:

Detectorist
10-08-2012, 00:38
I remember those late night papers in college. The internet as well as "Copy and Paste" were my friends...:whistling:

When I got my first degree, there was no Internet or computers. We had to type out everything. 'Whiteout' was our friend.

Students, these days, have it way easier now.

skeeter7
10-08-2012, 00:43

I totally agree with you there. I thought it was a joke for the most part and a way for an institution to commit highway robbery for the most part. I did learn some things in college but learned far more out in the field which I didn't have to pay for.

CitizenOfDreams
10-08-2012, 01:08
When I got my first degree, there was no Internet or computers. We had to type out everything. 'Whiteout' was our friend.

We also had to walk to school. Ten miles, barefoot, in the snow, uphill both ways.

Detectorist
10-08-2012, 01:10
We also had to walk to school. Ten miles, barefoot, in the snow, uphill both ways.
What's this "we". I grew up on a tropical Island. I took the bus.

ilgunguygt
10-08-2012, 01:27
Gotta be careful with internet and copy-paste, there are easy ways of detecting this.

Glock40man
10-08-2012, 02:52
I don't miss writing papers at all.:puking:

tous
10-08-2012, 04:13

You think that was bad, I had to chisel mine in stone tablets and if I made a mistake I had to hike to the quarry, break off another tablet and start over.

And yes, the quarry was up hill both ways.

:wavey:

WhiskeyUnicorn
10-08-2012, 04:28
Well...I had to...Yeah, I've got nothing. My school was easy and so was college because of computers and the internet.

Pauliec
10-08-2012, 08:12

funny, I got my undergrad in 92 and went back from my mba 20 years later....crazy how much the internet changes things! first paper I wrote after 20 years away I was surprised at how much easier Word makes references etc.

Geko45
10-08-2012, 10:03
5 pages? I could do that in my sleep. I've got a 15 page (minimum) research assignment coming up in graduate statistics.