Israel air to air kill versus a dron... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Israel air to air kill versus a dron...

bunk22
10-08-2012, 11:18
....hopefully not a repost.

VIDEO: Israel Shoots Down Drone That Entered Airspace- Is it Iranian from Iran to incite War ? - YouTube

SpectreRider
10-08-2012, 11:42
Honestly, they should have sent a copter, matched pace and trajectory and shot (with a rifle) it down at close range.

Not nearly as much evidence left to examine when using an air-to-air missle with an explosive warhead.

JW1178
10-08-2012, 12:10
Too bad it was unmanned.

Geko45
10-08-2012, 12:30
The missile they hit it with looked bigger than the drone.

M&P15T
10-08-2012, 12:49
Massive Jambogery....

Still, has anyone figured out who owned the drone? Where it came from?

AK_Stick
10-08-2012, 13:49
Honestly, they should have sent a copter, matched pace and trajectory and shot (with a rifle) it down at close range.

Not nearly as much evidence left to examine when using an air-to-air missle with an explosive warhead.

Uh, do what?

In a word, no.

devildog2067
10-08-2012, 14:39

Nah, they should have sent a HALO jumper to jump on top of it and ride it down to the landing.

:upeyes:

KalashniKEV
10-08-2012, 16:00
Nah, they should have sent a HALO jumper to jump on top of it and ride it down to the landing.

...or jammed the control signal, forcing it to loiter for hours and then just pick it up when it runs out of fuel and crashes.

:whistling:

http://gerarddirect.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/iran-rq170-17.jpg

SPIN2010
10-08-2012, 16:03
Wonder what the estimated cost of that explosion was? It was a pretty run.

raven11
10-08-2012, 16:51
Wonder what the estimated cost of that explosion was? It was a pretty run.

If it was a Aim-9x it would be right around $84,000 keep in mind the individual contract and discounts that Israel would negotiate for the IDF would bring the unit price down

And before the GT googlers burn me at the stake $84,000 was the figure a contractor gave me back in 2006 so the unit cost might be a little off now

KalashniKEV
10-08-2012, 18:11
Wonder what the estimated cost of that explosion was?

Cost to who?

el_jewapo
10-08-2012, 20:37

You're on the right track with the HALO jumper, but you don't want to just crash the drone, you want to kill the pilot (yeah, they do).

You drop a skilled hacker from HALO to hack into the on board computer systems and trace where the signal is coming from. You then send a trained Ninja assassin (hell, drop him from HALO) to kill the operator and slice him up in such a way that his mother never dreams of rearing another drone operator.

Yeah, that'll show them.

el_jewapo
10-08-2012, 20:41
Are we sure this wasn't our drone? Wouldn't be the first time Israel has attacked our stuff.

waawaaweenie
10-08-2012, 20:42
maybe they could have caught it with a net and looked at it, or sumptin tttsss

Brucev
10-08-2012, 20:50
Are we sure this wasn't our drone? Wouldn't be the first time Israel has attacked our stuff.

Think... U.S.S. Liberty... Pollard. Yep. Israel is a real friend of the U.S.

Patchman
10-08-2012, 22:50

OK, Israel is not a true friend, but they're the best ally/partner we have over there.

IndyGunFreak
10-08-2012, 23:56

:rofl:

IndyGunFreak
10-09-2012, 00:03

Ok, the Liberty... I kind of understand. Israel was at war, they claimed they didn't know the ship was ours. They paid reparations to families, servicemen and the US because of the incident. Yeah, that's small potatoes I know..

As for Pollard... if you really don't think that we have spies in Israel, despite them being our ally, you're fooling yourself. I imagine we have spies in almost every nation in the world, both friend and foe. I'm guessing most nations in this world, also have spies here in the US. It's just the way it is.

Clutch Cargo
10-09-2012, 01:09

http://www.canadiancopywriter.ca/images/slimpickens.gif

JuneyBooney
10-09-2012, 01:41
Too bad it was unmanned.

:rofl:

Brucev
10-09-2012, 04:47
OK, Israel is not a true friend, but they're the best ally/partner we have over there.

What good has israel ever done for the U.S.? Please be specific. What specific good has israel as a ally ever produced for the U.S.?

Brucev
10-09-2012, 04:54
[QUOTE=IndyGunFreak;19499482]Ok, the Liberty... I kind of understand. Israel was at war, they claimed they didn't know the ship was ours. They paid reparations to families, servicemen and the US because of the incident. Yeah, that's small potatoes I know.. The little folks in the idf attacted a U.S. ship and killed U.S. sailors. A supposed incident when n. vietnam boats attacked a U.S. ship was enough to justify the U.S. going to war in Vietnam. Why was israel cut slack for an actual attack? Who cares if they said, "So sorry. We made a little mistake. Here's some chump change to jingle in your pocket. Here's a nice Hallmark card for you to read. Be sure and keep sending the foreign aid."

As for Pollard... if you really don't think that we have spies in Israel, despite them being our ally, you're fooling yourself. I imagine we have spies in almost every nation in the world, both friend and foe. I'm guessing most nations in this world, also have spies here in the US. It's just the way it is. So... we're supposed to cut a supposed ally and a traitor slack? Really? So... if the same exact thing is done by a traitor and some other nation... let's say maybe... mexico, canada, n.korea, china, etc., then we're supposed to just say, "Stuff happens!" and then smile and go right on giving them lots of money, etc. Oh! Wait a minute! We give lots of money, etc. to israel! And from them we get... nothing! At least with mexico, canada, china... we get free trade. And from n.korea we get... kabuki!