This sense of entitlement must end! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : This sense of entitlement must end!

IndyGunFreak
10-08-2012, 13:35
I don't care who you vote for, this sense of entitlement that many people in this country have is ridiculous. Sorry if this is long winded, but this was just beyond words.

I've been shopping for a Lazy Boy the last couple of weeks. A local furniture store, I'd been in there, and they had some decent prices. As luck would have it, I checked their website on Sunday, and they were having a 30% off sale. So I figured as long as they didn't mark the one I wanted way up, I'd buy it. I go in, sure enough it's still the price I'd saw previously. I asked the guy if I could pay for it, and pick it up Monday morning. He says no problem, I pay and leave.

I go back in this morning to pick it up, the young man who helps people load furniture sees me, remembers he had put an item in back for me, and asks my name. As he's getting my chair, this lady starts going off on a female employee because she "missed the sale this weekend" and wants this nice coffee table for 30% off. Girl says she can't authorize that, and the manager is out of the office until 1:30 (it's 10am). I'm not going to bother with the demographics of the situation, as we can probably all figure them out. She is really giving this girl a cussing over this coffee table and (get this) "she only missed the sale by one day". :faint:

Truth be told, I'd bet if she calls the manager later today, he'll probably give her that 30% off, or maybe pretty close to it. If an employee told me a customer treated them like that, I'd tell them to leave my store. It was really that ridiculous.

IGF

hamster
10-08-2012, 13:39
I don't care who you vote for, this sense of entitlement that many people in this country have is ridiculous. Sorry if this is long winded, but this was just beyond words.

I've been shopping for a Lazy Boy the last couple of weeks. A local furniture store, I'd been in there, and they had some decent prices. As luck would have it, I checked their website on Sunday, and they were having a 30% off sale. So I figured as long as they didn't mark the one I wanted way up, I'd buy it. I go in, sure enough it's still the price I'd saw previously. I asked the guy if I could pay for it, and pick it up Monday morning. He says no problem, I pay and leave.

I go back in this morning to pick it up, the young man who helps people load furniture sees me, remembers he had put an item in back for me, and asks my name. As he's getting my chair, this lady starts going off on a female employee because she "missed the sale this weekend" and wants this nice coffee table for 30% off. Girl says she can't authorize that, and the manager is out of the office until 1:30 (it's 10am). I'm not going to bother with the demographics of the situation, as we can probably all figure them out. She is really giving this girl a cussing over this coffee table and (get this) "she only missed the sale by one day". :faint:

Truth be told, I'd bet if she calls the manager later today, he'll probably give her that 30% off, or maybe pretty close to it. If an employee told me a customer treated them like that, I'd tell them to leave my store. It was really that ridiculous.

IGF

There is no point in getting bent out of shape with someone about a sale. Personally, I don't pay much attention to "Sales" and the dates they post. There is always another sale right around the corner. 99.99% of the time if I ask a manager to honor a price they had before they'll give it to me.

Besides, I haggle everywhere for every major transaction. Can't tell you how much I've saved over the years simply by asking nicely and being able to walk away.

raven11
10-08-2012, 13:42
the worst is when you get stuck behind a certain demographic women throwing down a stack of coupons at the register and arguing for a hour about how she should be allowed to use coupons that expired last year

Annoyedgrunt
10-08-2012, 13:45
Damned naggers.

IndyGunFreak
10-08-2012, 13:46
There is no point in getting bent out of shape with someone about a sale. Personally, I don't pay much attention to "Sales" and the dates they post. There is always another sale right around the corner. 99.99% of the time if I ask a manager to honor a price they had before they'll give it to me.

Besides, I haggle everywhere for every major transaction. Can't tell you how much I've saved over the years simply by asking nicely and being able to walk away.

I have no problem with haggling, but you have to haggle with the right people, and the right way. I've been known to haggle quite a bit myself.

I'm guessing if you'd went in and they told you the manager was unavailable to talk to you about the price, you would not start cussing out a girl who seemed to just be a cashier. Like I said, my guess is, had the lady handled this more appropriately... the manager probably would have honored the price she wanted when he was available.

hpracing007
10-08-2012, 13:51
Damned naggers.

What is people who annoy you?

IndyGunFreak
10-08-2012, 13:54
What is people who annoy you?

Absolutely classic episode!

DanaT
10-08-2012, 13:55
I'm not going to bother with the demographics of the situation, as we can probably all figure them out.

I would guess a govt employee or union member?

IndyGunFreak
10-08-2012, 13:59

Oh... I bet she's getting a govt' check all right.

IGF

moeman
10-08-2012, 14:01
I can't believe old people whom paid taxes way back when don't understand that the rich need more money now! Cough up your investments..ooops entitlements-- we need more Cayman Reverse Collateralized Derivative Tax Free Entitlements (sorry Grover).

Hey old people: Thats why they invented dog food and dollar stores-- Who cares that your generation won WW2?

And all those kids who picked to be brought up in a house without a beemer and some illegal mowing the lawn, cleaning the house... Shame on those kids! What were they thinking when they were born into being...

Ordinary.

DanaT
10-08-2012, 14:06
Who cares that your generation won WW2?

Refresh my memory. Who's generation STARTED WW2? Was the beemer driving kids generation that started it?

gwalchmai
10-08-2012, 14:10
OBAMACHAIR!!!!

Git yo' OBAMACHAIR!!!!

m51
10-08-2012, 14:16

Oh yeah, those gawd awful, worthless govt workers, like Boehner, Cantor and Ryan. Even worse union members. Looks like you had your daily dose of Koch Bros kool aid. Better tune back into Faux news and get your refill.

m51
10-08-2012, 14:18
the worst is when you get stuck behind a certain demographic women throwing down a stack of coupons at the register and arguing for a hour about how she should be allowed to use coupons that expired last year

Could you please explain in clear terms what a certain demographic person is? Just say it,, come on, put up or zip it.

DanaT
10-08-2012, 14:23
Oh yeah, those gawd awful, worthless govt workers, like Boehner, Canter and Ryan. Even worse union members. Looks like you had your daily dose of Koch Bros kool aid. Better tune back into Faux news and get your refill.

I always like Herr Koch. I like Frau Kellnerin too.

I would have a hard time eating without them.

Beware Owner
10-08-2012, 14:25
And if she didn't get the sale price she's "entitled" to, she's feel disrespected.

m51
10-08-2012, 14:26
I always like Herr Koch. I like Frau Kellnerin too.

I would have a hard time eating without them.

I appreciate an honest man.

DanaT
10-08-2012, 14:28
I appreciate an honest man.

I visit them quite often, what can I say?

IndyGunFreak
10-08-2012, 14:48
OBAMACHAIR!!!!

Git yo' OBAMACHAIR!!!!

LOL.. That was going to be the subject of this thread, but it didn't appear she wanted the chair for free.

txgunguy
10-08-2012, 17:23
They don't understand the art of dickering.

There are times when it cannot work. Dealing with corporate run stores is one of them.

Hauptmann6
10-08-2012, 17:38

Middle Easterners? And those from the Indian sub-continent?

Bruce M
10-08-2012, 17:47
In fairness to her, I wonder how many other times she has breached the peace, yelled, threatened someone, created a disturbance, or some similar uncivilized behavior and has got what she wanted. I am guessing that type of behavior works often enough such that it is essentially encouraged.

raven11
10-08-2012, 17:52
Middle Easterners? And those from the ,Indian sub-continent?

Yep, use to work as a cashier over the summer

JW1178
10-08-2012, 18:44
To the OP... take a job in retail for a day. :rofl: