The Latest Wacker [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Latest Wacker

Ida81
10-08-2012, 16:37
http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2012/oct/06/police-cop-impersonator-demanded-free-fast-food/

razdog76
10-08-2012, 16:52
Why wasn't he charged something along with armed robbery... displayed weapon and, demanded property? :dunno:

Course it is NEVER a good idea to treat those that make your food badly. Prime candidate to receive "special" sauce on his Big Mac. :whistling:

janice6
10-08-2012, 17:10
People don't comprehend the difference between Demanding Respect and Commanding Respect.

Kingarthurhk
10-08-2012, 17:53
http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/bwe/images/2009/08/gun.jpg

Supersize it! D'oh!:rofl:

denn1911
10-08-2012, 17:57
What a tool.

blueiron
10-08-2012, 18:27
I think I may head over to Beverly Hills, show my retirement credentials, and demand a free Aston Martin V12 Vanquish because I had just come from 23+ years of policing.

If I am going to go down in history as a whacker, I want to go all the way.

frizz
10-08-2012, 20:00
Why wasn't he charged something along with armed robbery... displayed weapon and, demanded property? :dunno:

Good question. The article isn't clear, and I don't know FL law on robbery, but my guess is that he just showed it as part of the "proof" that he was a cop.

In other words, did he display the weapon in a threatening manner?

But this is just a guess.

razdog76
10-08-2012, 20:50
What would be the purpose of displaying it (menacing) if not as a threat of force... even as slight as to elude he is a cop when he was not.

It is certainly implied because being the po-po gives special powers.

CitizenOfDreams
10-08-2012, 20:54
In other words, did he display the weapon in a threatening manner?

Isn't there a twist in the law that would make it an "armed robbery" even if the weapon was not used, displayed or even mentioned? I remember a thread some time ago where a shoplifter was charged with armed robbery because he had his CCW gun on him during the theft.

P.S. For the record, I think in this case an armed robbery charge would be appropriate.

frizz
10-08-2012, 21:07
Isn't there a twist in the law that would make it an "armed robbery" even if the weapon was not used, displayed or even mentioned? I remember a thread some time ago where a shoplifter was charged with armed robbery because he had his CCW gun on him during the theft.

P.S. For the record, I think in this case an armed robbery charge would be appropriate.

I see the point both of you are making.

For the CCW guy, some states make a "strong-arm" robbery into armed robbery by the mere presence of a gun, even if it isn't used or mentioned in the robbery.

Again, I think it is going to boil down to the reason for displaying the weapon. Since it looks like he just said "see this is my badge and gun" that may not be enough to qualify for robbery.

It looks like the cops called it that way.

But they could have been wrong, and the article could have omitted facts or even gotten them wrong.

CLoft239
10-08-2012, 21:27
Wait wait wait... you mean, all I have to do to get free McD's is break leather?

Wtf, and I've been paying full price all these years...

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

razdog76
10-08-2012, 21:30
It looks like the cops called it that way.

But they could have been wrong, and the article could have omitted facts or even gotten them wrong.

Experience says the prosecutor called it that way.

My money will be on that he was arrested on that charge to get him off the streets, and buy a little time to put together a robbery charge.

CanIhaveGasCash
10-09-2012, 00:04
He was outed because every real cop knows that a badge is only good for a coffee at the local stop and rob.

blueiron
10-09-2012, 01:22
He was outed because every real cop knows that a badge is only good for a coffee at the local stop and rob.

Many times, not even that. Around here, it's the single digit wave.

Vigilant
10-09-2012, 06:28
Should have started on something more believable, and hit Dunkin Donuts.

lawman800
10-09-2012, 07:55
Hmmm... does that look like spit to you?

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2011/10/moneysaversplash1001.jpg

golls17
10-09-2012, 09:02

In WI, if you enter a house unarmed, then steal a gun, it just became armed burglary, so yes, even being in possession without using it would still count.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

golls17
10-09-2012, 09:02
People don't comprehend the difference between Demanding Respect and Commanding Respect.

I like it. Truth.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

A6Gator
10-09-2012, 09:29
Authorities in Florida say a man flashed a fake gun and badge

Think it was the blue Glock that tipped off the restaurant folks? :supergrin:

razdog76
10-09-2012, 10:34
Might have been the AK pistol sprayed orange. :whistling:

frizz
10-09-2012, 10:38
Wait wait wait... you mean, all I have to do to get free McD's is break leather?

Wtf, and I've been paying full price all these years...

A few hours after you chow down, you'll be breaking wind!

blueiron
10-09-2012, 13:06
Might have been the AK pistol sprayed orange. :whistling:

Isn't he still in Tennessee suing 'abusive ' cops, demanding 'rights', and setting case law?

razdog76
10-09-2012, 13:15
Isn't he still in Tennessee suing 'abusive ' cops, demanding 'rights', and setting case law?

Not sure, just hasn't been in the news lately, so I figure he went on vacation.:supergrin:

Kingarthurhk
10-09-2012, 16:13
Hmmm... does that look like spit to you?

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2011/10/moneysaversplash1001.jpg

Meow, it may look like spit, meow. However, meow, it might not be meow.:supergrin: