I'll just leave this here [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I'll just leave this here

G19G20
10-08-2012, 16:56
I know how much you all love the gifs so here's a good one.

http://i.imgur.com/rMHo7.jpg

alphacat
10-08-2012, 16:59
A vote for anybody other then Romney is a vote for Obama.
my 2

Ruble Noon
10-08-2012, 17:00
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae291/Streetmaster45/photo.png

Snowman92D
10-08-2012, 17:04
Hussein's got the coke on his side of the ledger. I suppose that's what passes for a "subliminal" message in Ron Paul's kool-aid kingdom. At least among those RP supporters who are actually in the tank for "O". :supergrin:

countrygun
10-08-2012, 17:20
And he leaves another deuce. I hope he wiped his Ron Paul this time

callihan_44
10-08-2012, 17:25
ron is not in the race, I understand the frustration with the repubs but even if ron was the nominee he wouldnt be able to get much done unless he had a house and senate full of paulites.....its time to get on board

nmk
10-08-2012, 17:34
A vote for anybody other then Romney is a vote for Obama.
my 2

Even when you hate and disregard math it remains neutral toward you. I like math.

Angry Fist
10-08-2012, 17:40
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae291/Streetmaster45/photo.png
:animlol:

< Likes Pepsi!

PawDog
10-08-2012, 18:43
What Paulatarians see in their nightly dreams and fantasies.

http://i.qkme.me/35zqj5.jpg

jdavionic
10-08-2012, 18:47
I know how much you all love the gifs so here's a good one.

http://i.imgur.com/rMHo7.jpg

You promised a gif and gave us a jpg

G19G20
10-08-2012, 18:47
And as expected, a pointless attack of the messenger entirely unrelated to the message of the post itself. Thanks for the bump though PawDog!

You promised a gif and gave us a jpg

You promised me a conservative and gave me a liberal

jdavionic
10-08-2012, 18:51
http://www.politicsplus.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/AprilFools2012.gif

countrygun
10-08-2012, 18:53
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/CountryG/Comeon.png

jdavionic
10-08-2012, 18:53
Here's another "gif" for you
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/89a829e6-b10f-46ea-8883-d836a32ffc1b.gif

G19G20
10-08-2012, 18:55
Ron Paul lost. Get over it.

jakebrake
10-08-2012, 19:04
And as expected, a pointless attack of the messenger entirely unrelated to the message of the post itself.

we just consider the source.

how long before you start writing on the walls in feces?

so sad that weed still won't be legalized.

so sad ron won't be taking you to the mothership.

PawDog
10-08-2012, 19:30
we just consider the source.

how long before you start writing on the walls in feces?

so sad that weed still won't be legalized.

:rofl::rofl: Please stop, LMAO! my dog thinks I've gone insane! :supergrin:

PawDog
10-08-2012, 19:32
Ron Paul lost. Get over it.

Says the Obamatron with the "Paulbot" avatar......:rofl:

jdavionic
10-08-2012, 19:34

http://bp0.blogger.com/_stuMq1GJnrA/R1rHv67xahI/AAAAAAAAAx4/qCAblgXHKcw/s400/RonPaulBlimp.jpg

G19G20
10-08-2012, 19:35
Says the Obamatron with the "Paulbot" avatar......:rofl:

Keep the bumps coming!

The Machinist
10-08-2012, 19:51
Look at all the Romneybots refuting the misrepresentation of their candidate in the OP. Oh wait. They can't.

Sam Spade
10-08-2012, 20:41
Keep the bumps coming!

Here's another.

You're moderately more amusing than flintlocker. I suspect she gets paid by the thread, and quality suffers.

countrygun
10-08-2012, 20:46
Here's another.

You're moderately more amusing than flintlocker. I suspect she gets paid by the thread, and quality suffers.

Flintlocker is the coach, some of them are on the team and G19G20 is the waterboy from the Special Ed class.

OctoberRust
10-08-2012, 20:48
A vote for Romney is a vote for Obama.
my 2

Fixed it for you.

G-19
10-08-2012, 20:55
These Paulbots really are some cry babies.

Gunnut 45/454
10-08-2012, 23:05
Ron Paul who? Isn't he some dinasuar liberterian who is now retired!! I think he got reincarnated as Garry Johnson who is just like him can't get more then 5% of the vote!:rofl:

countrygun
10-08-2012, 23:22
Ron Paul who? Isn't he some dinasuar liberterian who is now retired!! I think he got reincarnated as Garry Johnson who is just like him can't get more then 5% of the vote!:rofl:

They have switched their bets from "Uncle Martin" (my favorite Martian) to "Howdy-Doody"

:rofl:

The Maggy
10-09-2012, 01:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPgfzknYd20

Mitt Romney won the debate against Obama... but how does he stack up in the biggest match-up of this election; Mitt Romney vs. Mitt Romney?

jdavionic
10-09-2012, 03:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPgfzknYd20

Mitt Romney won the debate against Obama... but how does he stack up in the biggest match-up of this election; Mitt Romney vs. Mitt Romney?

He did pretty well against this guy...I wonder why.
http://cdn.theatlanticwire.com/img/upload/2012/02/22/bzg.gif

Cavalry Doc
10-09-2012, 04:35
Those that cannot see the difference are blind.

The ability to examine a situation and make difficult choices is an adult trait, and often leads to a successful life.

ChuteTheMall
10-09-2012, 04:53
These Paulbots really are some cry babies.

That's OK, the more childish they behave, the less likely they'll ever win elective office anywhere.
Keep these silly clowns away from the conservative movement.
The lunatic fringe is impotent.

http://i49.tinypic.com/20gmkk1.jpg

ChuteTheMall
10-09-2012, 05:02
http://i49.tinypic.com/3142p9u.jpg

ChuteTheMall
10-09-2012, 05:05
http://i47.tinypic.com/r26j2x.jpg

G19G20
10-09-2012, 07:48
Those that cannot see the difference are blind.

Sounds like identity politics to me. Only sighted people can see the difference? One is white, one is black. One has white people hair, other has short curly black people hair. Ignore that they both have similar records and rhetoric, just pay attention to what you can see and make your choice!

The ability to examine a situation and make difficult choices is an adult trait, and often leads to a successful life.

LOL, says the person that gets all of his information from two sources, Fox News and GTPI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPgfzknYd20 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPgfzknYd20)

This is who Im expected to vote for? Romney and Obama insult my intelligence with this sort of blatant lying and flip flopping.

Cavalry Doc
10-09-2012, 08:19
Sounds like identity politics to me. Only sighted people can see the difference? One is white, one is black. One has white people hair, other has short curly black people hair. Ignore that they both have similar records and rhetoric, just pay attention to what you can see and make your choice!

LOL, says the person that gets all of his information from two sources, Fox News and GTPI.

This is who Im expected to vote for? Romney and Obama insult my intelligence with this sort of blatant lying and flip flopping.

Sighted people can read too. Their positions differ quite a bit, but a bot can't see it. That says a lot about you that you can only see race as the major difference. The fact that you get your news from Noory and savage is clear.

Stubudd
10-09-2012, 08:34

Lol, i saw this one on the sidebar. Holy smokes, these poor people.... How do they fall for the same **** over and over and over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vJfWPtpCCs&feature=related

OctoberRust
10-09-2012, 09:01
That's OK, the more childish they behave, the less likely they'll ever win elective office anywhere.
Keep these silly clowns away from the conservative movement.
The lunatic fringe is impotent.

http://i49.tinypic.com/20gmkk1.jpg

I find it funny you use the term "childish" for them, then go ahead and call them lunatics/clowns, and post pictures belittling those you just called childish.

Hypocrisy in the neo-conservative movement knows no bounds.

Cavalry Doc
10-09-2012, 09:13
I find it funny you use the term "childish" for them, then go ahead and call them lunatics/clowns, and post pictures belittling those you just called childish.

Hypocrisy in the neo-conservative movement knows no bounds.

Turnabout is fair play. :rofl:

aircarver
10-09-2012, 09:15
This is a pointless sideshow. Voting out the head commie, and all his little commies is job one .

Cavalry Doc
10-09-2012, 09:27
This is a pointless sideshow. Voting out the head commie, and all his little commies is job one .

Some people are destined to be unhappy. They will forever whine about what they want without ever accepting reality for what it is and making the best of the situation. This time around, there are no messiahs running. You're going to have to save yourself.

Kablam
10-09-2012, 10:08
Romney = Obama is wrong, and most reasonable people can see that. Romney may not be the messianic figure that the hard core ideologues (you know, the type that elected this thing we have for a president now) want, but pragmatically, he's clearly the better choice for the country. If one chooses not to see the difference, or can't let go of their adulation for their favorite savior who can single handedly turn this country into the pure constitutional haven we all want, then so be it. Pragmatism is an adult trait.

wjv
10-09-2012, 10:38
And as expected, a pointless attack of the messenger entirely unrelated to the message of the post itself. Thanks for the bump though PawDog!

When you deliver an actual message worth responding to, we will argue for/against it. But so far all I see is the same tired, old, dis-proven crap you put in all of your threads.

Sorry YOU can't see the difference between O and R, but 98.9% of use here apparently can. Oh I forgot. . We are brainwashed idiot and you are the only one here with clarity of vision and understanding.

I'm sick of your crap. With every thread you insult every person here by implying that we are idiots who "just don't get it" and you're the effing genius. While in reality you're the one who lacks the ability for a LONG TERM vision as to how to turn things around.

Obama has sliced our nation's wrists and we are dying as a country and as an economy, and you're worried about a hangnail.

Don't care about your stupid nearsighted self-serving opinion. All you have proven to me is that you don't care if America gets destroyed by the current crop of communist who making up this administration. As long as you get your way that is all that matters to you.

You just went on my ignore list. . .

Kablam
10-09-2012, 10:41
I was trying to be nice. :supergrin:

countrygun
10-09-2012, 11:02
It is incredible to me that some folks can actually hold in their head the notion that the Federal Governement is too big and powerful, and yet think they can fix this by electing someone to the top office because he is principled and will stick to that philosophy,

But if he sticks the principles how can he fix things when he is being smaller and less powerful?

It really smacks of the leftist idea that "rights come from the Government", these particular idealogues do not realize that while they chant "power to the people" they are expecting someone in the highest office to GIVE them that power, as if power came from Government.

The way to disempower the Executive Branch, and the rest of the Federal government is to not be dependent on it to solve all of your problems and ESPECIALLY when it is the problem you want to solve. You simply reduce it's significance. By letting your cities and Counties and States look to the Fed for solutions you are putting the chains on yourselves, and you think electing a new "Massa" will take them off.

Silly children, looking to the source of the problem for the answer to the problem.

OctoberRust
10-09-2012, 11:06
Turnabout is fair play. :rofl:

Not when he said he wasn't going to take his turn. :tongueout:

Chute is one of the top 10 people on GT, CF's quote in my sig line would apply to.

"Then you don't understand conservatism. Could be like how a fish doesn't understand "wet" :rofl:

gwalchmai
10-09-2012, 14:00
Well, bye.

PawDog
10-09-2012, 16:41
When you deliver an actual message worth responding to, we will argue for/against it. But so far all I see is the same tired, old, dis-proven crap you put in all of your threads.

Sorry YOU can't see the difference between O and R, but 98.9% of use here apparently can. Oh I forgot. . We are brainwashed idiot and you are the only one here with clarity of vision and understanding.

I'm sick of your crap. With every thread you insult every person here by implying that we are idiots who "just don't get it" and you're the effing genius. While in reality you're the one who lacks the ability for a LONG TERM vision as to how to turn things around.

Obama has sliced our nation's wrists and we are dying as a country and as an economy, and you're worried about a hangnail.

Don't care about your stupid nearsighted self-serving opinion. All you have proven to me is that you don't care if America gets destroyed by the current crop of communist who making up this administration. As long as you get your way that is all that matters to you.

You just went on my ignore list. . .

+1......What we're seeing is the product of the "no one is a winner or a loser" mentality, and everyone gets a prize. Little Johnny has never been spanked or chastised, and can do no wrong, as Mommy told him he's her special little snowflake, and no one can tell him differently.

They pout, hold their breath, and stomp their little Nike clad feet when they don't get their way, while Mommy continues to tell them it's OK, and they'll always be cute and special.

The disturbing part is, they never outgrow this mentality, and often wonder why they move from employer to employer, believing the employer just doesn't realize how smart and special they are. It's never their fault, and they're never wrong. Mommy told them so.......:faint:

The Machinist
10-09-2012, 16:51
Still waiting for a single Romneybot to defend their candidate with anything other than, "He's not Obama." He's a clown who say anything to get elected. He's proved that, beyond any doubt. Maybe some people just enjoy being lied to.

jdavionic
10-09-2012, 17:02
Still waiting for a single Romneybot to defend their candidate with anything other than, "He's not Obama." He's a clown who say anything to get elected. He's proved that, beyond any doubt. Maybe some people just enjoy being lied to.

What's wrong, Sunshine...no one wants to play with you :crying:

jlavallee
10-09-2012, 17:09
Because they are no different on anything of real merit, I have to support Johnson.

I don't hate the lesser evil voters, that would be like picking on a retarded child. They just don't know any better.

countrygun
10-09-2012, 17:12
Because they are no different on anything of real merit, I have to support Johnson.

I don't hate the lesser evil voters, that would be like picking on a retarded child. They just don't know any better.

seems to me you are going out of your way to put yourself on the short bus for the handful of "Special" people.

jdavionic
10-09-2012, 17:12

If this guy was a viable choice, he'd get my vote. For some reason, he has a tough time being seriously considered. Not sure why that is.
http://cdn.theatlanticwire.com/img/upload/2012/02/22/bzg.gif

The Maggy
10-09-2012, 17:19

I would make your challenge a little easier for them.

Convince me to vote for Romney without making a single reference to Obama.

Partisan politics has given us an "Us vs. Them" mentality. You have to vote for my guy because we can't let the other guy win! When exactly did presidential elections shift from doing what is best for our country to what is best for a particular party. Get your chosen guy elected so the party can swing the pendulum of big government back your way.

So, Why should I vote for Romney? Please explain without making a reference to Obama.

jdavionic
10-09-2012, 17:23

Partisan politics has given us an "Us vs. Them" mentality. You have to vote for my guy because we can't let the other guy win! When exactly did presidential elections shift from doing what is best for our country to what is best for a particular party. Get your chosen guy elected so the party can swing the pendulum of big government back your way.

So, Why should I vote for Romney? Please explain without making a reference to Obama.

Why? Are you incapable of making your own assessment? Who are you voting for and why do you believe they are the best and most viable choice?

It's not up to us to convince you. You're a big boy. Do you own damn assessment.

countrygun
10-09-2012, 18:21

Uhm, yah "My boots have a leak in them and I am standing in the creek. Now convince me that boots that don't leak are better without refering to moisture of any kind"

dipstick.

The Machinist
10-09-2012, 18:27
Same old song and dance from the Romneybots. You can't figure out how to spin his stances on gun control, healthcare mandates, illegal incarceration, entitlement spending, and so you're left with just lashing out like a dumb beast at anything that strays too close.

countrygun
10-09-2012, 18:31
Same old song and dance from the Romneybots. You can't figure out how to spin his stances on gun control, healthcare mandates, illegal incarceration, entitlement spending, and so you're left with just lashing out like a dumb beast at anything that strays too close.

As the Country prepares for a top-fuel drag race, there is a group on the sidelines messing with their lawnmower-powered go-cart whining "It's not fair, they won"t let us play because they know we'd win":crying:

The Maggy
10-09-2012, 18:40
Why? Are you incapable of making your own assessment? Who are you voting for and why do you believe they are the best and most viable choice?

It's not up to us to convince you. You're a big boy. Do you own damn assessment.

Oh no, I'm not saying that my mind is made up and yes I have done my homework.

"Romney is the only one that can beat Obama"

"I don't like Romney either; but I'll hold my nose and vote for him over Obama."

"Romney is better than Obama."

Et cetera ad nauseam..... :puking: It's been a pretty familiar theme this election season, to the point that we are voting for a Liberal progressive (D.) vs. a Liberal Progressive (R.)

I am asking the people that are telling me that myself and everyone else considering a third party are obligated to vote for Romney, to explain why I should vote for Romney without referencing Obama.

Yes, if my only two options were Obama or Romney, I would vote Romney. I have more than two choices.

I am asking anyone that supports Romney to make a sales pitch on Romney alone. Sale me on the republican brand this election season... by only using the republican brand; if you can't do it that's fine, just say so.

countrygun
10-09-2012, 18:51

"I don't like Romney either; but I'll hold my nose and vote for him over Obama."

Et cetera ad nauseam..... :puking: It's been a pretty familiar theme this election season, to the point that we are voting for a Liberal progressive (D.) vs. a Liberal Progressive (R.)

I am asking the people that are telling me that myself and everyone else considering a third party are obligated to vote for Romney, to explain why I should vote for Romney without referencing Obama.

Yes, if my only two options were Obama or Romney, I would vote Romney. I have more than two choices.

I am asking anyone that supports Romney to make a sales pitch on Romney alone. Sale me on the republican brand this election season... by only using the republican brand; if you can't do it that's fine, just say so.

No

You show me how voting for a third party candidate, who can't get elected, is going to keep the water out of your boot?

The Maggy
10-09-2012, 18:51
Uhm, yah "My boots have a leak in them and I am standing in the creek. Now convince me that boots that don't leak are better without refering to moisture of any kind"

dipstick.

These boots, the ones here in my hand, they don't have holes in them... here, sit on this rock and try them on.

You seemed to have missed my middle paragraph. How is Romney any better for America? Yes getting Romney elected is better for Rupublicans and those sitting at their table... but how is he better for America?

Can you sale me your candidate without referencing Obama or is he such a terrible candidate that when viewed by himself, he looks just as bad as Obama?

jakebrake
10-09-2012, 18:54
These boots, the ones here in my hand, they don't have holes in them... here, sit on this rock and try them on.

You seemed to have missed my middle paragraph. How is Romney any better for America? Yes getting Romney elected is better for Rupublicans and those sitting at their table... but how is he better for America?

Can you sale me your candidate without referencing Obama or is he such a terrible candidate that when viewed by himself, he looks just as bad as Obama?

if anyone has a chance at fixing this totally jacked up economy, romney is your best shot. he is a numbers guy. ryan is as well. we need that to stand any chance at getting out of this in one piece.

jdavionic
10-09-2012, 18:59

Funny, Romney was not my first choice in the primaries. In fact, I was staunchly opposed to Romney. I have also voted for 3rd party candidate in the past. With all that said, I was capable of analyzing my options and making my own decision without begging others to "show me".

Make up your own mind. Your criteria is likely unique to you...just like mine was to me. Your age, sex, lifetime experiences, etc...they all come into play in determining why you pick the person that you pick.

Don't beg people to convince you. You know the choices. You know that one of two people will win - whether you like it or not. It doesn't mean that you are limited to voting for either of them. That's a wonderful part of what we have here. Whether you use your vote to make a statement, to eliminate a greater perceived evil via a lesser evil, or whether you're dillusional and believe that there is a possibility of a 3rd candidate making a surprise...it's all your choice. Choose wisely:wavey:

countrygun
10-09-2012, 19:08
OK, I'll play

We are in an economic mess. Romney is a successful businessman with a history on good analysis skills.

I believe him when he says he won't sign any gun control bills IF they are sent to him

He has shown, in his personal life to be a compassionate man.

I share his view of a strong America internationally.

I agree with him that private business being able to hire more people is a better way of improving the econmy, than taking more money away from the private sector and handing it out.

I agree with his notion, put forth in the debate, that health care is best left up to the States, thereby giving a nod to State's right AND states Responsibility. It seems to be a clear message that he doesn't look to the Federal Government as the answer to everything.

I do not agree with his religion, per say, but I like the idea of a candidate that comes from a faith that teaches self-reliance and preparedness. It is a philosophy of self-responsibility.

How's that?

Kablam
10-09-2012, 19:12

Why do you keep trying to get people to convince you of why they want to vote for Romney? You have made up your mind and now continue to denegrate those that have done the same. The choice is between the guy that's in and somebody else. Why do you insist that people make the decision without considering all the options? It's a really childish line of thinking. Most thinking people compare the candidates and make a choice. Voting against something is viable when one thinks that is the best reason to choose.

jaws48
10-09-2012, 19:17
To the OP----GET OVER IT!

A vote for anyone other than Romney is a vote for Obama...if that's who you want in office for another 4 years appointing another 2 or 3 Supreme Court justices, go for it! How does Justice Holder or Justice Janet Napolitano or some other similarly left leaning asshat sound to you?

countrygun
10-09-2012, 19:19
Why do you keep trying to get people to convince you of why they want to vote for Romney? You have made up your mind and now continue to denegrate those that have done the same. The choice is between the guy that's in and somebody else. Why do you insist that people make the decision without considering all the options? It's a really childish line of thinking. Most thinking people compare the candidates and make a choice. Voting against something is viable when one thinks that is the best reason to choose.

I played along or the heck of it, but you are right. Some people do not really like the idea of a two-party system, and do not like the idea of comparing and figuring out which of two is better. they want everyone to vote individually.....that way we can elect a President with a 10% plurality and their low-draw whacko candidates will have a chance. Of course the thought of a President coming from a 10% voter base scares me, as do supporters of the idea.

The Maggy
10-09-2012, 19:21
if anyone has a chance at fixing this totally jacked up economy, romney is your best shot. he is a numbers guy. ryan is as well. we need that to stand any chance at getting out of this in one piece.

but how exactly does he plan on doing this? Romney is a good business man, no doubt; but most used car salesmen are good business men too, successful business tends to be telling someone what they want to hear and then doing what benefits you the most.

So far Romney has given contradicting viewpoints on just about every major issue. I'm not sure if he has flip-flopped on abortion yet; but taxes, foreign policy, social policy, the economy, obamacare... he has offered several viewpoints throughout the election season, there is very little consistency in what he has said from day one.

The Maggy
10-09-2012, 19:21
Funny, Romney was not my first choice in the primaries. In fact, I was staunchly opposed to Romney. I have also voted for 3rd party candidate in the past. With all that said, I was capable of analyzing my options and making my own decision without begging others to "show me".

I'm not begging, I am hoping that people will look at their candidate objectively instead of subjectively. I feel that it is honestly one of the few ways that we will ever see a better candidate come about.

jdavionic
10-09-2012, 19:23
I'm not begging, I am hoping that people will look at their candidate objectively instead of subjectively. I feel that it is honestly one of the few ways that we will ever see a better candidate come about.

Ahh...I see. So you're arrogant. You believe that people are incapable of making up their own minds and that they somehow require your coaching.

countrygun
10-09-2012, 19:30
but how exactly does he plan on doing this? Romney is a good business man, no doubt; but most used car salesmen are good business men too, successful business tends to be telling someone what they want to hear and then doing what benefits you the most.

The limitations of your experience is showing here.

what do you expect from a used car dealer? As a customer your expectations are different from his employer. A president is employed by the voters. If he has a reputation for doing good work for hiis employers in the past, I take it as a good sign.

Your attempt to use business experience as a negative thing is very telling about your real agenda.

Why do you hate capitalism?

The Maggy
10-09-2012, 19:41
Ahh...I see. So you're arrogant. You believe that people are incapable of making up their own minds and that they somehow require your coaching.
not really arrogant, I just don't get caught up in the "Us or Them" mentality that seems to be growing with every election.

Arrogance, to me, is repeatedly telling someone that they are obligated to vote for a chosen party or candidate, no other options, and the constant berating of anyone that attempts to discuss the ideas or viewpoints of a third party candidate.

I am tired of "vote for the lesser of two evils because the country is going to end if I don't!" Bush/Clinton, Clinton/Dole, Bush/Gore, Bush/Kerry, Obama/McCain, and now Obama/Romney and now if I elect Romney the republicans promise to put up a better candidate after Romney is out? Not likely, electing Romney moves the Republicans another couple of steps to the left.

jdavionic
10-09-2012, 19:44
not really arrogant, I just don't get caught up in the "Us or Them" mentality that seems to be growing with every election.

Arrogance, to me, is repeatedly telling someone that they are obligated to vote for a chosen party or candidate, no other options, and the constant berating of anyone that attempts to discuss the ideas or viewpoints of a third party candidate.

I am tired of "vote for the lesser of two evils because the country is going to end if I don't!" Bush/Clinton, Clinton/Dole, Bush/Gore, Bush/Kerry, Obama/McCain, and now Obama/Romney and now if I elect Romney the republicans promise to put up a better candidate after Romney is out? Not likely, electing Romney moves the Republicans another couple of steps to the left.

No, you may not like the label but you're arrogant. You're presuming that people are incapable of making up their own minds using what you deem to be the right criteria without your guidance. That's arrogant.

chickenwing
10-09-2012, 20:04

Well said.

countrygun
10-09-2012, 20:06
No, you may not like the label but you're arrogant. You're presuming that people are incapable of making up their own minds using what you deem to be the right criteria without your guidance. That's arrogant.

Well said!

jlavallee
10-09-2012, 20:12
A president is employed by the voters. If he has a reputation for doing good work for hiis employers in the past, I take it as a good sign.

:rofl: It's so cute that you believe he'd think of the voters as his employers and not the folks who bought him.

Run Forest run!:faint:

countrygun
10-09-2012, 20:19
:rofl: It's so cute that you believe he'd think of the voters as his employers and not the folks who bought him.

Run Forest run!:faint:

I am a cynic by nature, but I am not so cynnical that I don't believe you are really the twit you present yourself as.

The Machinist
10-09-2012, 20:32
A president is employed by the voters.
The only two candidates you can see past your blinders are both employed by Goldman Sachs. The voters don't factor into their decisions, once in office. You work to provide them with income. Other than that, you're nothing to them.

ChuteTheMall
10-09-2012, 20:37
You work to provide them with income. Other than that, you're nothing to them.

As an independent registered and likely voter in a swing state, I mean far more to them than you do.
:tongueout:

countrygun
10-09-2012, 20:38
The only two candidates you can see past your blinders are both employed by Goldman Sachs. The voters don't factor into their decisions, once in office. You work to provide them with income. Other than that, you're nothing to them.

Well since the OP asked a question and I answered.

The OP isn't bothering to respond themself to my answer I guess I should expect one of the petty flaks to chime in.

BTW how are the polls showing the third party candidates doing? It's a pity that it takes voters to get elected, isn't it?

The Machinist
10-09-2012, 21:01
As an independent registered and likely voter in a swing state, I mean far more to them than you do.
So exactly what kind of power do you think you wield? Both of your choices share the same stance on every important domestic and foreign policy issue. Regardless of which empty suit wins, your role is limited to that of tax livestock.

Snowman92D
10-09-2012, 21:19
The only two candidates you can see past your blinders are both employed by Goldman Sachs.

Yup...both are taking contributions from the New York jews. It's such a relief to see that Ron Paul gets his campaign cash from the Muslims. Effin' jews.

SUPPORT RON PAUL FOR 2016...! :smoking:

countrygun
10-09-2012, 21:44
So exactly what kind of power do you think you wield? Both of your choices share the same stance on every important domestic and foreign policy issue. Regardless of which empty suit wins, your role is limited to that of tax livestock.

You are soooo right, you have much more power supporting candidates that can't get on the ballot and can't get into office.

I am humbled by your awesomeness:upeyes:

Stubudd
10-10-2012, 00:19

lol, yea, you mean a lot- you get a huge volume of specially customized lies blaring out of your tv and radio, we only get the occasional generic. You're the very most important sheep they're trying to herd into their pens.

jdavionic
10-10-2012, 03:33
Yup...both are taking contributions from the New York jews. It's such a relief to see that Ron Paul gets his campaign cash from the Muslims. Effin' jews.

Hush now, don't taint their idols

jdavionic
10-10-2012, 03:35

And who wears the blinders? If you believe Romney and Obama have the same stance on domestic and foreign policy, then clearly your blinders need to be pulled a little wider.

Cavalry Doc
10-10-2012, 05:00

Vote anyway you like. Most people have already decided what they are going to do, an I seriously doubt most are open minded about it.

The Machinist
10-10-2012, 05:27

It has nothing to do with Jews. You're no better than liberals, because A) You're voting for one, and B) The only thing you have left is resorting to charges of racism, bigotry, etc.

The Machinist
10-10-2012, 05:29
You are soooo right, you have much more power supporting candidates that can't get on the ballot and can't get into office.

I am humbled by your awesomeness:upeyes:
I don't seek power, and I don't want it. Swing and a miss.

The Machinist
10-10-2012, 05:33
And who wears the blinders? If you believe Romney and Obama have the same stance on domestic and foreign policy, then clearly your blinders need to be pulled a little wider.

Both support entitlement spending that has bankrupted us. Both support military adventurism with no goals or exit strategy. Both support government healthcare mandates. Both support the authority of the government to arrest Americans without charge or trial. Both support increased spending to keep increasing the size and scope of the government.

Where are they different again? Oh, that's right! You can't even name one thing! Just the rest of the Romneybot! Shocker!

series1811
10-10-2012, 06:56
I voted for H. Ross Perot. I saw what I was a participant in making happen.

I don't have to learn the same lesson twice.

jdavionic
10-10-2012, 07:24
Both support entitlement spending that has bankrupted us. Both support military adventurism with no goals or exit strategy. Both support government healthcare mandates. Both support the authority of the government to arrest Americans without charge or trial. Both support increased spending to keep increasing the size and scope of the government.

Where are they different again? Oh, that's right! You can't even name one thing! Just the rest of the Romneybot! Shocker!

So you're both arrogant and stupid. Sorry, you cannot claim ignorance if you simply refuse to check the facts for yourself.

I'm not going to do it for you because a) you've already formed an opinion and are not interested in educating yourself any further, and b) I've got better things to do with my time.

Just a sample -

Cap federal spending below 20% of the economy
consolidate agencies
reduce non-security discretionary spending by 5%
eliminate various energy regulations like the ones that are destroying the coal industry
Gradually reduce growth in medicare and social security benefits for more affluent seniors
repeal and replace Dodd-Frank
and on & on
Now prove that you are not stupid and or a liar. Show me the exact same plan from Obama. It's understandable to say you don't agree with candidate A and B, and prefer C for the following reasons. That's an intelligent approach. But to sit here and tout such utter BS that A and B are the same...that's just stupid.

I have many criticisms of Romney and was strongly opposed to him during the primaries. However Americans spoke and my guy is out of contention. Therefore I have made a choice based on my own criteria. My choice is Romney. And compared to what I consider the only other viable option, I back Romney 100%.

You do not. We get that. Wonderful. For your own reasons, you believe that voting for someone other than Romney or Obama is the best decision for you. Great. Why you see the need to continue the games of "please convince" (like some whining little B ****) is beyond me.

wjv
10-10-2012, 11:36
But to sit here and tout such utter BS that A and B are the same...that's just stupid.

Amen!!!! Yet those same people are claiming that WE are the ones that are "brainwashed" and incapable of independent thinking.

I have many criticisms of Romney and was strongly opposed to him during the primaries. However Americans spoke and my guy is out of contention. Therefore I have made a choice based on my own criteria. My choice is Romney. And compared to what I consider the only other viable option, I back Romney 100%.

Same here. I really wanted Cain to get the nomination, but sadly that didn't happen. I suppose I could still write his name in, which would accomplish absolutely NOTHING towards getting the current guy replaced or towards helping America.

You do not. We get that. Wonderful. For your own reasons, you believe that voting for someone other than Romney or Obama is the best decision for you. Great. Why you see the need to continue the games of "please convince" (like some whining little B ****) is beyond me.

:thumbsup: +100!! They can vote for whomever they wish. But claiming that O and R are the same, or that voting for an alternate candidate instead of R, doesn't help O is pure dishonesty.

countrygun
10-10-2012, 12:28
Amen!!!! Yet those same people are claiming that WE are the ones that are "brainwashed" and incapable of independent thinking.

Funny you hear them cry "You are just voting for Romney because the is the Republican candidate" yet many of them sya they are voting for a third party candidate simply because he isn't:dunno: actually sounds like the same thing.

Same here. I really wanted Cain to get the nomination, but sadly that didn't happen. I suppose I could still write his name in, which would accomplish absolutely NOTHING towards getting the current guy replaced or towards helping America.

Me too

:thumbsup: +100!! They can vote for whomever they wish. But claiming that O and R are the same, or that voting for an alternate candidate instead of R, doesn't help O is pure dishonesty.

The primaries are about voting for principle and to get your individual preference heard.

The General election is about winning the office.

There are only three voting possibilities

They know their candidate can't win.

They don't want Romney to win or they would vote for him

The only one left they can be helping win is Obama

It is that simple.

OctoberRust
10-10-2012, 12:55
As the Country prepares for a top-fuel drag race, there is a group on the sidelines messing with their lawnmower-powered go-cart whining "It's not fair, they won"t let us play because they know we'd win":crying:

You sort of just proved his point. You have no logic or talking points other than the "we're voting him, cause we don't want the guy over there to win!"

Kablam
10-10-2012, 13:10
You sort of just proved his point. You have no logic or talking points other than the "we're voting him, cause we don't want the guy over there to win!"

So what's wrong with that reasoning? In this case, for alot of people, their vote for that reason is a pragmatic step towards improving things. For some people, that's a good enough reason for their vote. The the self proclaimed socially and intellectually superior beings that keep hammering people for that (I'm specifically referring to the Romney=Obama crowd) can't seem to accept others' reasoning for their vote. Is that because their guy lost the primary, and then that group wasted any chance they had of having an impact on the GOP because they threw a temper tantrum and started trying to sue the GOP (with a "got my law degree from a matchbook cover lawyer) and overthrow the convention rather than accepting what happened and using their non-zero number of delegates to bargain for the party to move in their desired direction? They're so friggin' smart.

countrygun
10-10-2012, 13:16

So you are saying an Obama win is desireable?

Why do I ask? Of course you do.

OctoberRust
10-10-2012, 13:25
So what's wrong with that reasoning? In this case, for alot of people, their vote for that reason is a pragmatic step towards improving things. For some people, that's a good enough reason for their vote. The the self proclaimed socially and intellectually superior beings that keep hammering people for that (I'm specifically referring to the Romney=Obama crowd) can't seem to accept others' reasoning for their vote. Is that because their guy lost the primary, and then that group wasted any chance they had of having an impact on the GOP because they threw a temper tantrum and started trying to sue the GOP (with a "got my law degree from a matchbook cover lawyer) and overthrow the convention rather than accepting what happened and using their non-zero number of delegates to bargain for the party to move in their desired direction? They're so friggin' smart.

Until we have adequate representation for tax payers, Romney, Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc will continue to do what gets them the most votes. Romney and Obama are not the answer to our country's problem, and the end result will land us in the same spot.

Romney will want to stay in office for 2 terms (assuming he even wins 2012, which is doubtful in itself.) Either president will cater to special interest groups and voters who put nothing in the pot at the end of the day, because we have inadequate representation for taxation (allowing everyone to vote) and we overstepped the constitution and the bounds it put on gov't, and installed a crony capitalistic system in place. Which gives the gov't the power to decide which business fails, and which does not.

Romney or Obama will do what's best for their party, not this country.

So you are saying an Obama win is desireable?

Why do I ask? Of course you do.

Obama or Romney, IDGAF between those two. You can continue to make accusations, just like how your liberal friend GWshark calls you a racist with no apparent evidence of you being one. Should I introduce you two? I could call one of you pot, and the other kettle! :wavey:

Kablam
10-10-2012, 13:40
Until we have adequate representation for tax payers, Romney, Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc will continue to do what gets them the most votes. Romney and Obama are not the answer to our country's problem, and the end result will land us in the same spot.

Romney will want to stay in office for 2 terms (assuming he even wins 2012, which is doubtful in itself.) Either president will cater to special interest groups and voters who put nothing in the pot at the end of the day, because we have inadequate representation for taxation (allowing everyone to vote) and we overstepped the constitution and the bounds it put on gov't, and installed a crony capitalistic system in place. Which gives the gov't the power to decide which business fails, and which does not.

I don't have any particular bones to pick with you about this statement. However, it has absolutely nothing to do with my post. But it does illustrate what I'm talking about. Rabid ideology (my guy or thought didn't win so eff the rest of you "dummies") isn't more correct than a pragmatic decision based on what one thinks is the best realistic path forward. There can only be a limited number of candidates. As a result, very few people will get to vote for their fantasy candidate. Some of us realize this, and try to make the best decision, looking at all options (and this necessarily includes what we don't want) with what's left. This may or may not involve picking a guy that has a chance to win. That choice is up to the individual.

countrygun
10-10-2012, 13:46

Obama or Romney, IDGAF between those two. You can continue to make accusations, just like how your liberal friend GWshark calls you a racist with no apparent evidence of you being one. Should I introduce you two? I could call one of you pot, and the other kettle! :wavey:

There is a little flaw in your project there, Skeeter.

The people you speak of have an opportunity to choose their representation. They are completely free inside the voting booth to vote as they wish.

So, uhm, it doesn't seem that a whole lot of them are chosing a third path. I was taught that, to be successful, any political group has to prove to the populace that there is an acheivable benefit to supporting them.

It appears as though nobody outside of the two parties has managed to clear that bar.

As unfortunate as it seems, perhaps it would be a better strategy if the effort was put into making a third party more attractive, rather than the current strategy of simply calling the populace "stupid for not supporting it"

Just a thought.

OctoberRust
10-10-2012, 13:49
I don't have any particular bones to pick with you about this statement.

Not many do, when I lay it out like that for them.

However, it has absolutely nothing to do with my post. But it does illustrate what I'm talking about. Rabid ideology (my guy or thought didn't win so eff the rest of you "dummies") isn't more correct than a pragmatic decision based on what one thinks is the best realistic path forward.

I'm not doing a "my guy didn't win so I'm throwing a fit". I'm doing a "I'll continue to vote for what's truly right for this country, and for freedom, and won't compromise one inch to the gov't.

You probably know as well as I, you give the gov't/system an inch, they run with a mile.

There can only be a limited number of candidates. As a result, very few people will get to vote for their fantasy candidate.

Actually, no, there can be more than 2 if that's what you're getting at. Now since we have a 2 party system, and both parties suck (because of what I just laid out for you, which actually does have everything to do with what you and I are discussing) I'm not going to compromise. Either way it's absolute crap, and this (my) vote will be for the country, not for someone's party or special interests group.

Some of us realize this, and try to make the best decision, looking at all options (and this necessarily includes what we don't want) with what's left. This may or may not involve picking a guy that has a chance to win. That choice is up to the individual.

It's that mentality that is part of the reason why the GOP selected such a horrible candidate to run against Obama. The religious right, "social conservatives", neo-conservatives, and many more will never vote for someone who's in favor of bringing back the constitution how it was and having a truly free market/society, because they're scared. They're either sucking off the military industrial complex teet, the war on drugs teet, or the welfare queen teet (yes that's including medicare and SS).

OctoberRust
10-10-2012, 13:51
There is a little flaw in your project there, Skeeter.

The people you speak of have an opportunity to choose their representation. They are completely free inside the voting booth to vote as they wish.

So, uhm, it doesn't seem that a whole lot of them are chosing a third path. I was taught that, to be successful, any political group has to prove to the populace that there is an acheivable benefit to supporting them.

It appears as though nobody outside of the two parties has managed to clear that bar.

As unfortunate as it seems, perhaps it would be a better strategy if the effort was put into making a third party more attractive, rather than the current strategy of simply calling the populace "stupid for not supporting it"

Just a thought.

Do yourself a favor there, before you start name calling, since my name isn't Skeeter.

First things first, look up the 17th amendment.

Next thing's next - do some research on how allowing everyone to vote will always go to hell in a handbasket.

Once you grasp these two concepts, you'll have a better understanding of how an economy works, and how a government goes downhill, FAST.

Berto
10-10-2012, 13:53
Not cool associating Obama with Coca Cola.

Kablam
10-10-2012, 14:16
Not many do, when I lay it out like that for them.

Glad you're so self assured. :supergrin:

I'm not doing a "my guy didn't win so I'm throwing a fit". I'm doing a "I'll continue to vote for what's truly right for this country, and for freedom, and won't compromise one inch to the gov't.

You probably know as well as I, you give the gov't/system an inch, they run with a mile.

I was speaking in a broader sense than just what YOU are saying. Sorry I didn't make that more clear.

Actually, no, there can be more than 2 if that's what you're getting at. Now since we have a 2 party system, and both parties suck (because of what I just laid out for you, which actually does have everything to do with what you and I are discussing) I'm not going to compromise. Either way it's absolute crap, and this (my) vote will be for the country, not for someone's party or special interests group.

That's not what I was getting at. More than two is fine, even desired. How many does it take to ensure that everybody has the chance to vote FOR their guy and not even entertain the idea of voting against a candidate? And to be clear, I was talking about the disrespectful response of the Romney=Obama crowd (usually lecturing the rest on how smart they are) to the decision making process that some use to determine what they think is best for THEIR vote. Some actually believe that Romney, although not the super messiah many yearn for but will never find, will be better in the next 4 years than Obama.

It's that mentality that is part of the reason why the GOP selected such a horrible candidate to run against Obama. The religious right, "social conservatives", neo-conservatives, and many more will never vote for someone who's in favor of bringing back the constitution how it was and having a truly free market/society, because they're scared. They're either sucking off the military industrial complex teet, the war on drugs teet, or the welfare queen teet (yes that's including medicare and SS).

Sorry...my inadequate reasoning abilites can not get from A to B with you here based on my previous post, although I tend to agree with your statement, abeit it has nothing to do with what I was saying. I am not in any one of the above described groups ("The religious right, "social conservatives", neo-conservatives) by the way. Big swipe you took there, whittling society down to three groups (excluding "yours" of course), without any real meat to it. Sounds like an ideological outburst to me. "Not that there's anything wrong with that" if that's the way you want to present your argument.

So, in general, I'm just saying that what I see is utter disdain from the more vocal libertarian leaning on this board shown to others that have a different view. It saddens me, as I have been on board with the "freedom" movement for years, and it seems like it has now been hijacked by an OWS/Leftist mentality (e.g., we didn't like the results of the GOP primary so we're gonna sue somebody even though the process belongs to the GOP). This destroys the credibility of the movement.

countrygun
10-10-2012, 14:18
Do yourself a favor there, before you start name calling, since my name isn't Skeeter.

First things first, look up the 17th amendment.

Next thing's next - do some research on how allowing everyone to vote will always go to hell in a handbasket.

Once you grasp these two concepts, you'll have a better understanding of how an economy works, and how a government goes downhill, FAST.

I cause people to whine when I mention my education so I will leave that aside and point out that you are again flawed in your blurring the line between what you want and reality.

"Next thing's next - do some research on how allowing everyone to vote will always go to hell in a handbasket."

That may well be true, but it is they way it works and cannot be changed in this Country unless the people vote for it.(which in and of itself presents an amusing dichotomy) So exactly how do you rationalize a philosophy that has a rational impossibility as part of its foundations?

ModGlock17
10-10-2012, 14:49

:

Republicans may get a mild surprise. My sense of Romney is that he is not a blindly-republican kind of guy.

Ruble Noon
10-10-2012, 16:09
Republicans may get a mild surprise. My sense of Romney is that he is not a blindly-republican kind of guy.

Yeah, he's more of a Ted Kennedy democrat type of guy.

countrygun
10-10-2012, 16:21
Yeah, he's more of a Ted Kennedy democrat type of guy.

He murdered a woman by buying her husband's company, he didn't drive her off a bridge, get your talking points right

sheesh:upeyes:

Ruble Noon
10-10-2012, 16:27
He murdered a woman by buying her husband's company, he didn't drive her off a bridge, get your talking points right

sheesh:upeyes:

Hello my paid stalker. :wavey:

countrygun
10-10-2012, 16:38
Hello my paid stalker. :wavey:

You flatter yourself.

i am strictly an amature who likes pulling the wings off of S**t flies:wavey:

The Machinist
10-10-2012, 19:12
Just a sample -

Cap federal spending below 20% of the economy
consolidate agencies
reduce non-security discretionary spending by 5%
eliminate various energy regulations like the ones that are destroying the coal industry
Gradually reduce growth in medicare and social security benefits for more affluent seniors
repeal and replace Dodd-Frank
and on & on

Are you serious? The vague campaign promises of a very well known flip-flopper are now admissible as proof?
LOL! Roll over and take it like a woman, then. You deserve it!:rofl:

jdavionic
10-10-2012, 19:16
Are you serious? The vague campaign promises of a very well known flip-flopper are now admissible as proof?
LOL! Roll over and take it like a woman, then. You deserve it!:rofl:

Nice try, Sunshine. One more reminder of your challenge -
Now prove that you are not stupid and or a liar. Show me the exact same plan from Obama.

Care to try again or shall we just leave it as you being proven to be a liar and stupid? Your choice.

The Machinist
10-10-2012, 19:33
Nice try, Sunshine. One more reminder of your challenge -

Care to try again or shall we just leave it as you being proven to be a liar and stupid? Your choice.
Both candidates are in favor of everything I listed in my first post. If you spent more time learning about the candidates, and less time slinging your slack jaw, you'd have figured that out by now. Stick your "challenge" up your backside, cupcake. When I start caring about what you think of me, I'll let you know.

jdavionic
10-10-2012, 19:38
Both candidates are in favor of everything I listed in my first post. If you spent more time learning about the candidates, and less time slinging your slack jaw, you'd have figured that out by now. Stick your "challenge" up your backside, cupcake. When I start caring about what you think of me, I'll let you know.

Sorry Sunshine, care to try again? I've already done half your work for you. Just post that Obama site with the exact same plan and you're home free. Otherwise, I'm sorry...you're still a proven liar and not a bright one at that.

Here's the challenge one more time in case you forgot.
Now prove that you are not stupid and or a liar. Show me the exact same plan from Obama.

Cavalry Doc
10-13-2012, 14:06
:popcorn:

G19G20
11-06-2012, 23:05
Ahem.

You can't beat a liberal by running a liberal.

jakebrake
11-07-2012, 03:40
i'm looking forward to the first gary johnson bumper sticker i see.

going to be a fun little stress reliever.