P220 not chambering with full mag [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : P220 not chambering with full mag

Pier23
10-08-2012, 17:19
Gentlefolk,

Back from playing with my P220 with a Sig mag. After I cleaned the weapon, I fully loaded the mag with 7 rounds FMJ, released the slide, and found the round did not chamber.

Works fine with six rounds in the mag, but that 7th round really, really binds the cartridges. i needed to push the 7th cartridge out with a tool to get it out of the mag.

Odd, because everything was fine at the range....

Ideas? I figger I need ro tear down the mag and see if something got bent, but I am not that hard on mags....????

silversport
10-09-2012, 04:35
I have always found the 7 rounders to be tight when fully loaded and downloading by hand can be a finger buster...downloading by using the pistol has never been an issue for mine...currently I use my older P220 with the newer P220 8 round (MecGar made) magazines...I have read that similar 8 rounders from ACT Mag work as well...

It couldn't hurt to disassemble the magazine to see if it is binding and assembled properly...good luck and hope you get it settled soon...

Bill

Gary1911A1
10-09-2012, 07:40
Have you tried leaving the magazine loaded for a week or so? Sometimes that helps with the initial set most springs seem to have when new.

Pier23
10-13-2012, 08:19
Have you tried leaving the magazine loaded for a week or so? Sometimes that helps with the initial set most springs seem to have when new.

Yeah..lthis isnt a new piece, and at the range I was fully loading the mag and it was chambering fine.

Not a big deal since I don't fully load my mags anyway, more of a quirk that suddenly appeared.

Mag seems to be seating correctly.

Will play with different mags and see if I can find a common thread.