Does your state have party ticket votes? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Does your state have party ticket votes?

JuneyBooney
10-08-2012, 20:33
Does your state allow you to vote "ticket" or "party" on the ballots? In the areas I have been Va allows "party ticket" like voting all Republican and Maryland does not.

I was curious because in Va George Allen may win the Senate seat if people vote "ticket". My opinion.

USMCsilver
10-08-2012, 20:35
I think our voting touch-screen booths have this feature.

I don't use it.

Diesel McBadass
10-08-2012, 20:45
we got paper ballots

Snaps
10-08-2012, 20:56
We've got it on the computers

vikingsoftpaw
10-08-2012, 21:31
No. Not in my lifetime.

skeeter7
10-08-2012, 21:33
Yes...we have paper ballots and there is a box that you can check or fill in to vote for your party on the entire ballot.

JuneyBooney
10-09-2012, 01:43
That is interesting to see how the states vary in their methods in the US.

rick458
10-09-2012, 03:05
Yexas does
But there are often several members of the same party running for the same office
straight ticket doesn't let you pick between them

Brucev
10-09-2012, 04:45
No. From a brief bit of reading, straight line voting helps demokrats. Go reason to eliminate it.

686Owner
10-09-2012, 05:37
Yes, although I don't believe it casts a vote for the president in a presidential election.

Bren
10-09-2012, 05:59
We have it, but I've never used it. I vote mostly Democrat in state politics and mostly Republican in national.

Eurodriver
10-09-2012, 06:36
We have it, but I've never used it. I vote mostly Democrat in state politics and mostly Republican in national.

Me too, although most of the good ole boy Dems are being replaced by tree hugging homosexual loving big government liberals. :crying:

CBennett
10-09-2012, 06:42
Does your state allow you to vote "ticket" or "party" on the ballots? In the areas I have been Va allows "party ticket" like voting all Republican and Maryland does not.

I was curious because in Va George Allen may win the Senate seat if people vote "ticket". My opinion.

yes they do in PA i do review the candidates though B4 hand to be sure as I dont always(but most of the time do) vote a straight ticket..In the past we have had some good very PRO 2nd amendment democrats(good enough they got the NRA recommendation) running VS a few Republican candidates that were for reasons I wont go into we shall say less than desirable candidates...so I voted Republican all but that 1 guy. In the latest votes I was able to vote a straight Republican ticket though.

MLM
10-09-2012, 07:53
In North Carolina you can vote straight ticket. However it does not cast a vote for President. You have to do that independently.

mhill
10-09-2012, 09:55
Missouri has straight ticket voting. Straight ticket will also pick the president.

Lee Cabana
10-09-2012, 09:56
Not in Maine - changed about 30 years ago.

WarCry
10-09-2012, 11:21
For those who have and who may use the straight-ticket vote, I recommend watching this. Yes, it is for a particular candidate, but I think it's a lot of fun (especially as a fan of the show) and demonstrates that punching a straight ticket doesn't mean you're done:

Walk and Talk the Vote - West Wing Reunion - Bridget Mary McCormack - YouTube

Dennis in MA
10-09-2012, 11:52
Yes...we have paper ballots and there is a box that you can check or fill in to vote for your party on the entire ballot.

How does one get a Democrat or Republican ballot in a general election? What about people who are registered Independent (which is a large % of the Democraps in this state who were unable to vote for John Silber over Bill Weld 20-something years ago)???

I'm 99.999% sure we have ONE ballot when I go in Mass.

Sheesh, voting is the most patriotic thing I do. (I'd say pay-taxes is not patriotic if I'm REQUIRED to do so.) Why would I want someone else voting ANY of my ballot?

JuneyBooney
10-09-2012, 13:51
No. From a brief bit of reading, straight line voting helps demokrats. Go reason to eliminate it.

I have seen "color coding" in some states to help democrats too. I think they vote ticket in some places and people get in just because they are on that ticket.

PBCounty
10-09-2012, 13:54
I don't know. Ours are too hard to read. We just start writing and punching holes for a while and then leave.

10-09-2012, 14:24
As of the summer, New Mexico stopped straight ticket voting.

jtmac
10-09-2012, 14:34
I have had a ballot before with an option at the top for a party-line vote. I left it alone, then proceeded to mark boxes for the same party all the way down.

I think the scant seconds it saves an individual aren't worth the shame of having such a thing.

F350
10-09-2012, 15:18
I have had a ballot before with an option at the top for a party-line vote. I left it alone, then proceeded to mark boxes for the same party all the way down.

I think the scant seconds it saves an individual aren't worth the shame of having such a thing.

The straight party votes are counted in the states I use to live so the statistics say X Rep and Y Dem party votes were cast; I have done it just to let the Dems know just how much I HATE them.

Z71bill
10-09-2012, 15:21
I would like to see an easy way - push one button - to vote --

For all incumbents or against all incumbents.

Sure some races don't have an incumbent - so it would not cover every race - but it would sure make the idiots in power take note --

Mrs.Cicero
10-09-2012, 15:25
Michigan has it on their paper ballots.

2bgop
10-10-2012, 11:13
Missouri has straight ticket voting. Straight ticket will also pick the president.

No we don't.

Bilbo Bagins
10-10-2012, 11:39

I can see how some senators and reps can get in simply because they are the same party as a popular president/presidential candidate.

In PA we have the option to pull the straight party lever, however I never use it. I know people who were voting officials and they say everything is registered. There was a voter protest in a small town by me were during a local primary election over 80 register republicans came in to vote and all that they did was step in the booth and pulled the done lever without flipping a single lever for any candidate. The County GOP took notice that 80 voters from the same town gave a no confidence vote and all of the sudden there were multiple boro counsel people stepping down.

If you pull the party lever you may be giving a free vote to some A-hole how doesn't deserve it. For example, in PA Arlen Spector was a Republican Senator from 1980 up until 2009, when he flipped parties, Whne he was a republican I made sure he never got my vote.

Its funny because the old lever voting booth would have a Democrat and Republican lever, however there was no Libertarian lever even though each election there was multiple libertarian candidates on the ballot.

PA modernized and now its all computer touch screen.

captainstormy
10-10-2012, 12:27
No straight ticket in Ohio. I wouldn't use it if there was.

I don't even think the ballot tells you what party most people are with here. Unless I just miss it. I started to make a cheat sheet at home to take with me so I don't look that closely at the ballot anymore since I just gotta punch in the choices I've already made.