Ryan says Mitt will approve pipeline Day 1 tells Ohio it will create jobs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ryan says Mitt will approve pipeline Day 1 tells Ohio it will create jobs

DOC44
10-09-2012, 05:48
Ryan says Romney will approve pipeline on Day One, tells Ohio crowd it will create jobs

SWANTON, Ohio — Mitt Romney’s administration on Day One would approve a pipeline that would run from Canada to U.S. refineries in Texas, creating thousands of jobs and pushing America on its way to energy independence, Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan said Monday.

Ryan told supporters during his third trip to swing state Ohio in the last two weeks that there are enough energy resources for North America to become energy independent within eight years.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federal_government/ryan-says-romney-will-approve-pipeline-on-day-one-tells-ohio-crowd-it-will-create-jobs/2012/10/08/0e43df76-11ae-11e2-9a39-1f5a7f6fe945_story.html

Doc44

JFrame
10-09-2012, 06:01
Between approving the pipeline and rolling back most of Obamacare, I doubt that Romney could do two better things for the economy...

aspartz
10-09-2012, 06:45
Between approving the pipeline and rolling back most of Obamacare, I doubt that Romney could do two better things for the economy...

Romney has already stated that he supports the parts of ObamaCare that destroy the concept of insurance. I have no faith that he will actually roll anything back other than perhaps the mandate. Even with that gone, we are still on the path to single payer.

ARS

JFrame
10-09-2012, 07:05
Romney has already stated that he supports the parts of ObamaCare that destroy the concept of insurance. I have no faith that he will actually roll anything back other than perhaps the mandate. Even with that gone, we are still on the path to single payer.

ARS

If he takes away the individual mandate, I don't see how Obamacare will have the legs to stand on its own. I still think the rollback will be significant. It just makes good sense from a business standpoint.

cowboy1964
10-09-2012, 07:08
I have no doubt that if Romney wins the stock market is going to soar. I'm ready for it.

LASTRESORT20
10-09-2012, 08:35

Absolutly

IvanVic
10-09-2012, 09:10

ARS

As JFrame said, taking out the mandate without repealing the rest of the bill would be worse than leaving the bill as it is.

IvanVic
10-09-2012, 09:14
I have no doubt that if Romney wins the stock market is going to soar. I'm ready for it.

It's currently 500 points shy of an all-time high (and that high was right before the bubble busted). I doubt it's going to "soar".

FFR Spyder GT
10-09-2012, 09:19

How can Romney "rolling back most of Obamacare"?

ObamaCare is a Federal Law that only a 50% +1 vote (in both the House and Senate ) of Congress can overturn.

So, exactly, how is Romney going to "rolling back most of Obamacare"?

Once again your ignorance is showing.

JFrame
10-09-2012, 09:27
How can Romney "rolling back most of Obamacare"?

ObamaCare is a Federal Law that only a 50% +1 vote (in both the House and Senate ) of Congress can overturn.

So, exactly, how is Romney going to "rolling back most of Obamacare"?

Once again your ignorance is showing.

He can issue Executive Orders for individual agencies to cease and desist -- just like Obama has done with Homeland Security.

The Senate can also perform budget reconciliations with a 51-vote majority.

Those are just two tricks off the top of my head.

Why don't you tell us again how you thought Obama won the last debate? :upeyes:

I guess y'all watched a different debate than the rest of the world watched.

Zombie Surgeon
10-09-2012, 09:56
Why don't you tell us again how you thought Obama won the last debate? :upeyes:

Did he really said that?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh brother, what a maroon!:rofl:

callihan_44
10-09-2012, 11:11
i hope romney personally fires up a drilling rig, drilling through a family of baby seals to get to that black gold

Angry Fist
10-09-2012, 11:16
That's cool, but I want to see more nuclear power plants being approved and built, nationwide. THAT will create jobs.