It beeps the same 3 beeps every 2 minutes for eternity
When you open the door, it beeps
When you change a setting, it beeps
The beep cannot be stopped, it cannot be silenced
I found online someone dampened the beep,
but only by taking off the beeping back,
and shoving a beeping screwdriver into the beeping speaker
That sounds beeping dangerous

The final straw, the other day I open the door, set the time and turned away for just a second to grab my food, it beeped to let me know I had waited too long and the time I'd entered had been cleared.

It is difficult to change the temp settings or get them back to normal, food has been burned or barely warmed before because of this.

I've put up with this damn thing for 4 years. It was a gift from a family member who was staying with me when the old microwave that came with the house died. Well the custom space in the kitchen is for an older large model, but this is a small more modern (annoying) one.

I hate punching in #s, I wanted a dial microwave and thought they were non existant. Found one today for $59.99... it looks like you can only get the cheapos that aren't digital now. But being as I'm use to a small microwave now I don't think I'll have a problem.

It even has a dial you turn for the temp. If my grandmother didn't need a better microwave I'd spend my off day this week blowing the holy crap out of the evil thing.

1995, here I come baby yeah! http://www.walmart.com/ip/Haier-0.6-cu-ft-Microwave-Oven/19888015#Product+Reviews

G23Gen4TX
10-09-2012, 11:18
Rtfm!

Drain You
10-09-2012, 11:21
I rtfm, I even went online and did research, there is no option to disable or turn down the beep. Obviously I would have done that before searching for a new unit & spending $

4 glocks
10-09-2012, 11:35
Life's a beach.

G29Reload
10-09-2012, 11:36
Repair shop, aka "range target"

BEEP THIS!

:rofl:

glock_19guy1983
10-09-2012, 11:39
Be sure to crinkle up some tin foil and microwave it before you throw it away. It makes for a pretty cool show.

G23Gen4TX
10-09-2012, 13:06
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28072734.jpg

G23Gen4TX
10-09-2012, 13:07
On a serious note, I would just take it apart and find the speaker. Then muffle it or disable it.

PBCounty
10-09-2012, 13:11
I think we have the same microwave. There is no using it if someone is sleeping in the house. It's a beep whore.

dango
10-09-2012, 13:20
OH , YEAH ..! MOVE YOUR WIFE'S 88 YEAR OLD MOTHER-IN-LAW IN AND YOU AIN'T HEARD NOTHING YET.!

EVERYTHING THAT MAKES NOISE WILL UNTILL I TURN THEM OFF...!
A HELLISH SYMPHONY EVERY DAY..! BEEPS , CLICKS , BELLS , FARTS , ETC...! Yes , I can relate.........!

glock_19guy1983
10-09-2012, 13:31
OH , YEAH ..! MOVE YOUR WIFE'S 88 YEAR OLD MOTHER-IN-LAW IN AND YOU AIN'T HEARD NOTHING YET.!

EVERYTHING THAT MAKES NOISE WILL UNTILL I TURN THEM OFF...!
A HELLISH SYMPHONY EVERY DAY..! BEEPS , CLICKS , BELLS , FARTS , ETC...! Yes , I can relate.........!

look on the bright side. Her SS checks are now coming to your house. When she kicks the bucket, just toss her in a freezer and keep cashing the checks.:thumbsup:

dango
10-09-2012, 13:36
look on the bright side. Her SS checks are now coming to your house. When she kicks the bucket, just toss her in a freezer and keep cashing the checks.:thumbsup:

Hmmmmmmmmm...?

cgwahl
10-09-2012, 13:36
I can't post it because there is a lot of cursing, but there is a rant on this on youtube about this.

Do a search for "angry nerd microwave". Will be the second or third one from the top.

And agreed about the beeping. Kind of annoying. I'd be fine with a beep or two when it's done, but it just beeps so much.

cgwahl
10-09-2012, 13:38
Oh yeah...first world problems.

Hummer
10-09-2012, 13:39
I don't like the microwave beeping either. There is a pathetic lack of sophistication in appliance controls. Cheap digital wrist watches are smarter. I don't get it. Seems to me that smart, intuitive, user friendly appliances would be good sellers and cost very little more.

gwalchmai
10-09-2012, 13:48
It a OBAMABEEP!!!!!!

CitizenOfDreams
10-09-2012, 16:17

Just make sure you have her name on the inside of the mailbox.

Shinytop
10-09-2012, 16:57
What is worse that that is to try to find a beeping microwave that opens with the hinge on the right instead of the left. They don't make them. The only place for a microwave in my kitchen makes that very inconvenient!

Drain You
10-09-2012, 23:04
I can't post it because there is a lot of cursing, but there is a rant on this on youtube about this.

Do a search for "angry nerd microwave". Will be the second or third one from the top.

And agreed about the beeping. Kind of annoying. I'd be fine with a beep or two when it's done, but it just beeps so much.

The Angry Video Game Nerd, been watching him for about 7 years now. I've seen that video too, I felt like he was my long lost brother.

ghostman1960
10-09-2012, 23:21
First world problem.

dango
10-10-2012, 00:08
It a OBAMABEEP!!!!!!

Shhhh...! Then they will all know ....! :shocked: