Would a U.S. attack on Iran before the election help or hurt Obama? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Would a U.S. attack on Iran before the election help or hurt Obama?

cowboy1964
10-09-2012, 11:13
I'm not sure, but I'm afraid if O thinks it will help then it may happen. Yes, I'm that cynical. How could a person not be with this narcissistic thug?

Angry Fist
10-09-2012, 11:13
He ain't got the balls.

Chesafreak
10-09-2012, 11:25
I think the markets will plunge due to speculation and options trading, but I'm certainly not a market expert. I seem to remember something like that happening in the past.

coastal4974
10-09-2012, 11:26
The Obama would do it if he thinks it will get him some votes.

But since the Obama hates Jews and their vote is irrelevant, I think the only way this would happen is if he was forced into it by an Israeli first strike. The Israelis will probably strike before the election if it looks like the Obama could force and fraud his way back into our house. If they think Romney will win, they will probably wait.

countrygun
10-09-2012, 12:28
My guess,

It wouldn't help him at all with dedicated supporters, and only in a few places are they allowed to vote more than once. His Dead voting base in Illinois won't care.

Among undecideds and Republicans who might think it was a good thing 90% of them would recognize it as an election ploy.

I think the number of his supporters who would stay home would out number any of the undecideds he drew. No Republicans are going to switch.

JFrame
10-09-2012, 12:31
My guess,

It wouldn't help him at all with dedicated supporters, and only in a few places are they allowed to vote more than once. His Dead voting base in Illinois won't care.

Among undecideds and Republicans who might think it was a good thing 90% of them would recognize it as an election ploy.

I think the number of his supporters who would stay home would out number any of the undecideds he drew. No Republicans are going to switch.

This pretty much mirrors my thoughts...

stsai465
10-09-2012, 13:02
Unlikely, for the reasons listed above. He'd be far more likely to try and arrange an incident here, which would be easier to "manage". Starting a war with a foreign power entails complications that no one sane would want to risk.

JBnTX
10-09-2012, 14:03
He ain't got the balls.

Obama's so scared, I'll bet he doesn't even take a poop until after the election.

countrygun
10-09-2012, 14:23
Obama's so scared, I'll bet he doesn't even take a poop until after the election.

Given his psychology I wouldn't be surprised to find that he doesn't want to win. He has massively messed up, the overpolling he wasn't looking that good in reality. given that, if he loses he merely needs a scapegoat to blame and then he can bail out on the mess and tell himself that it wasn't a "loss" he was a "victim" of some conspiracy, yah, that's the ticket, "victim of a conspiracy"

Zombie Surgeon
10-09-2012, 15:22
The Iranian regime is Obama's natural ally. He had the opportunity to peacefully topple Amedinajad and the mullahs 2 years ago during the popular uprising - yet he didn't moved a finger to help.
Why anyone would think he would do it now by force, it is beyond logic. Obama wants a nuclear Iran - for him it is unjust that only developed Western countries and Israel have nukes.

LASTRESORT20
10-09-2012, 15:28
Chance`s are it wont happen....with this admin.
What would happen.....When Isreal makes its rightful move.... the admin will "assist" Yes of course....for the votes of uninformed minds.....

"see...we always stood behind Isreal"

stevelyn
10-09-2012, 15:47
Since we have no justification for attacking Iran, it would hurt any president.

jakebrake
10-09-2012, 16:06
the lib base would go into convulsions if he did. i'm not sure they've forgotten libya at this point.

jdavionic
10-09-2012, 17:08
US attack...absolutely not going to happen. Whether the US or Israel attack Iran, the result would be panic at the pumps. That would not work well for Obama.

Flintlocker
10-09-2012, 17:48
Don't worry. Romney's already beating the war drums again. If he gets elected you'll probably get your war with Iran.

Starting a war with a foreign power entails complications that no one sane would want to risk.

Lol, thanks for the laugh. Too bad none of you had the same sense 9 years ago.

jdavionic
10-09-2012, 17:50
Don't worry. Romney's already beating the war drums again. If he gets elected you'll probably get your war with Iran.

Prove it. Show me where he has advocated that the US declare war on another nation in this time.

Angry Fist
10-09-2012, 17:53
Prove it. Show me where he has advocated that the US declare war on another nation in this time.
I see *crickets*, and they don't know they're loud! :supergrin:

JBnTX
10-09-2012, 17:54

Really?:faint:

Iran has repeatedly stated they intend to destroy Israel.
Iran has repeatedly threatened US military bases in that part of the world.
Iran has either funded or at least instigated most if not all of the Islamic terrorism in the world.

Would another 9-11 attack change your mind?
What about a nuke set off in Israel or the United States?

LASTRESORT20
10-09-2012, 18:04

Really? Justification?

It would serve American interests and the ***Whole f@#k% Western World in a major and effective way to Attack Iran for obvious reasons....Obvious to most.

Most Americans have Long Term memories....And most Western troops have long term "IUD" Injuries sealed in memory
Most leftists have short term memory if any...

~ "I think the evidence is strong that the Iranian government is making these IEDs, and the Iranian government is sending them across the border and they are killing U.S. troops once they get there," says Richard Clarke, former White House counter terrorism chief and an ABC News consultant. "I think it's very hard to escape the conclusion that, in all probability, the Iranian government is knowingly killing U.S. troops." ~

Iran is the nesting place of terrorism....

The "Infidel" Western world has been "talking" to Iran for a very...very long time with no results....Isreal has been holding back and trying to "appease" western "liberals" for a long time also.....Time is up.

Flintlocker
10-09-2012, 18:04

He's hasn't specifically stated he would go to war with Iran. But take a look at the evidence:

He's was for the war in Vietnam and then dodged the draft by going to France for 3 years.

He was for the war Iraq... gee, didn't that turn out well.

And finally, he's a grandmaster at caving to ideologues on the far right of the Republican party as evidenced by continuous pandering to them.

So, my guess, vote Romney if you want our soldiers on the ground in Iran.

jdavionic
10-09-2012, 18:11
He's hasn't specifically stated he would go to war with Iran. But take a look at the evidence:

He's was for the war in Vietnam and then dodged the draft by going to France for 3 years.

And finally, he's a grandmaster at caving to ideologues on the far right of the Republican party as evidenced by continuous pandering to them.

So, my guess, vote Romney if you want our soldiers on the ground in Iran.

So, no...you cannot prove what you said and admit that you lied. You offered an opinion that is at best debatable...if not laughable.

I have no issues if you say "In my opinion, Romney would ..." However that's not what you said. You lied and have been caught lying. :wavey:

jakebrake
10-09-2012, 18:58
So, no...you cannot prove what you said and admit that you lied. You offered an opinion that is at best debatable...if not laughable.

I have no issues if you say "In my opinion, Romney would ..." However that's not what you said. You lied and have been caught lying. :wavey:

making that post different from featherlocker's others, how?:dunno:

Rally Vincent
10-09-2012, 20:30
Would help. We are sheep in times of crisis. He's our current shepherd.

Angry Fist
10-09-2012, 20:44

So, my guess, vote Romney if you want our soldiers on the ground in Iran.This is fulla more holes than the average libturd's brain. :faint:

CitizenOfDreams
10-09-2012, 20:52

Iraq war back in 2003 made Bush's approval rating jump 10 percentage points.