Need a credit report [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need a credit report

mhill
10-09-2012, 12:46
I need to get a credit report on a person that wants to rent from me. Anybody have an easy way to do this? I can't seem to find it through all the ads for free credit reports.

Gregg702
10-09-2012, 12:49
You have to set up an account with the credit bureaus and run the reports as a merchant. You will have to have the persons permission in writing to do this. You will also want to make sure you are running it as a soft inquiry so it doesn't effect their credit.

md2lgyk
10-10-2012, 06:28
Everyone can get one free credit report from each of the three credit bureaus annually. Ask the potential renter to pull one of his and give you a copy.

ICARRY2
10-10-2012, 08:56
Freecreditreport.com

Gallium
10-10-2012, 09:00
Everyone can get one free credit report from each of the three credit bureaus annually. Ask the potential renter to pull one of his and give you a copy.

This does not provide the granularity of detail a renter needs.

Gregg is also correct about what type of report should be run, as to not -ively impact the credit score of the applicant.

Detectorist
10-10-2012, 09:24
creditkarma.com

Sgt. Schultz
10-10-2012, 12:20
Freecreditreport.com

The only REAL way to get your free annual credit report is by going through the FTC-mandated website ...

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

... limit one every 12 months from each of the three reporting agencies. Instead of getting all three reports at the same time spread them out over a four-month period, asking for a different report each time ... that way you get three a year.

GeorgiaGlocker
10-10-2012, 12:48
The only REAL way to get your free annual credit report is by going through the FTC-mandated website ...

Not true. I call all three credit agencies every year and obtain free copies from all three. I have been doing it this way for years.

CigarandScotch
10-10-2012, 13:13
If you have a buddy in the mortgage or car lending business they can probably hook you up, but you will need to make sure to have proper forms signed, and management's cooperation/permission. Shouldn't be a big deal to them, but some compliance officers won't allow it. Just ask.

Sgt. Schultz
10-10-2012, 13:31
Not true. I call all three credit agencies every year and obtain free copies from all three. I have been doing it this way for years.

If you go directly to any of the big three websites they charge for the report unless a credit application was recently denied, a quick check of the three sites show that the telephone listed for a free report goes to annualcreditreport.com

GeorgiaGlocker
10-10-2012, 13:42
If you go directly to any of the big three websites they charge for the report unless a credit application was recently denied, a quick check of the three sites show that the telephone listed for a free report goes to annualcreditreport.com

I call the 800 number which is listed on their individual websites and obtain my credit reports FREE of charge every year. I do not go through the FTC mandated site. It takes no more than a minute or two to give them the required info over the phone. In a few days I will receive a hard copy of my credit report in the mail.

Sgt. Schultz
10-10-2012, 14:11
I call the 800 number which is listed on their individual websites and obtain my credit reports FREE of charge every year. I do not go through the FTC mandated site. It takes no more than a minute or two to give them the required info over the phone. In a few days I will receive a hard copy of my credit report in the mail.

That's true but the 800 number listed on each site takes you to annualcreditreport.com services were you give them the required info and receive a hard copy ... same number on all the websites.

md2lgyk
10-10-2012, 14:28
This does not provide the granularity of detail a renter needs.

Gregg is also correct about what type of report should be run, as to not -ively impact the credit score of the applicant.

"Granularity of detail?" What's that in English??

DaneA
10-10-2012, 14:44
I need to get a credit report on a person that wants to rent from me. Anybody have an easy way to do this? I can't seem to find it through all the ads for free credit reports.

What exactly do you want to know from the credit report. Some of the information can be acquired without a credit report.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

GeorgiaGlocker
10-10-2012, 14:49
That's true but the 800 number listed on each site takes you to annualcreditreport.com services were you give them the required info and receive a hard copy ... same number on all the websites.

Again not true. Different 800 number for each. The 800 numbers take you directly to either a live person or their automated ordering system.