Teen Calmly Tells Dispatcher He Killed His Family [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Teen Calmly Tells Dispatcher He Killed His Family

DVeng
10-09-2012, 13:37
http://www.big1059.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104668&article=10479834

This has to be some of the most disturbing 911 audio I've ever heard. I don't know that I have anything to say about it...just wow.

DVeng

jamesbern
10-09-2012, 13:42
Wow.....that is all kinds of messed up. I'm actually speachless....

SCSU74
10-09-2012, 15:37
Right next to us, very creepy. Took the county 30 some minutes to respond

Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong

Kingarthurhk
10-09-2012, 16:46
Young Dexter gets caught?

CLoft239
10-09-2012, 17:12
Somebody's about a toy short of a happy meal...

Kudos to the dispatcher.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

Cochese
10-09-2012, 18:55
She did really well.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

jakebrake
10-09-2012, 19:00
Young Dexter gets caught?

more like edward kemper...the next generation.

Kelo6
10-09-2012, 20:12
Holy....... Kudos to the call taker. My prayers for her that she can get through this. I can't imagine taking that call.

greenman19
10-09-2012, 20:57
Excellent job by the dispatcher, she kept the situation contained and eliminated alot of the defense's options at the same time.

Hour13
10-09-2012, 21:32
****ing hell. I don't even know...

Absolutely outstanding job by dispatcher, solid, solid work. Have no idea what else to say, that is damn scary to listen to.

Not a praying man, but prayers sent regardless.

rednoved
10-09-2012, 21:43
Crazy.

I take Advil, Sudafed, and Zyrtec as well. I seem to be ok though.

AKRover
10-09-2012, 23:27
I think I'm going to have nightmares just from listening to that. I don't understand how someone can just choose to take lives like that, especially family. My brain just doesn't work that way.

The 911 operator deserves all kinds of kudos for her professionalism. So many I'm afraid would have panicked and made the situation worse. That is one very bad situation that could have been made a lot worse simply by saying the wrong thing to the caller. My prayers go out to the dispatcher that she isn't effected by taking the call.

collim1
10-09-2012, 23:36
She did really well.

I agree, top notch dispatcher.

If he wanted to kill so bad he should have stuffed that revolver down his throat and choked on it.

frizz
10-10-2012, 00:16
She did really well.

Yes... phenomenal. She had to be masking her horror while putting on an empathetic voice to keep him on the line and at the scene.

I couldn't listen for more than a few minutes, and she did it for 30.

I wouldn't be surprised if this winds up in training for dispatchers.

CLoft239
10-10-2012, 00:26
Crazy.

I take Advil, Sudafed, and Zyrtec as well. I seem to be ok though.

You'll be fine... until you feel "smothered", at which time you're gonna twist off on somebody.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

RyanBDawg
10-10-2012, 05:23
No suicide at the end?

What a failure.

Apparently it takes half an hour to respond to a double murder in Annetta South Texas..

Sent from my iPhone 4s

purrrfect 10
10-10-2012, 06:00
No suicide at the end?

What a failure.

Apparently it takes half an hour to respond to a double murder in Annetta South Texas..

Sent from my iPhone 4s

I Agree now we going to support him for the rest of our lives. Very sad all around, especially for the rest of his family

Hats of to the dispatch but,
yea that took way to long CMon the kid could have said this is taking to long think I will walk the neighborhood and see who else I can shoot.

DoogieHowser
10-10-2012, 07:23
wow... I stopped listening to it after about 6min...

merlynusn
10-10-2012, 07:42
Kudos to the dispatcher.

We had something similar happen here.

Sgt127
10-10-2012, 08:26
To give folks outside of Texas some perspective regarding response times. Parker County is 910 Square miles. Population, 118,000. I'll bet there are MAYBE a dozen Deputies working at any time.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&q=parker+county+texas&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x8651fefbae5ecbf3:0xceceb2b8e5e7849f,Parker,+TX&gl=us&sa=X&ei=voR1ULbgJejC2wXyqIG4BQ&ved=0CHYQtgM

gajones06
10-10-2012, 08:49
Wow...He is so calm. I know it's not fake but it seems like it..both of them are so calm.

puckhead
10-10-2012, 11:20
Great job to the dispatcher. Large county is going to have long response times. Especially if they don't have gps or MDT's and just a map book. Sounds like they may have been caught up at the gate for a bit too.

Even if the first deputy got there, hes not going to go in alone. Backup could be 15-20 out. The house was probably being covered waiting for extra deputies.

There are counties here where deputies aren't on all night. They go home and sleep and are on call. This adds to response times as well.

DaBigBR
10-11-2012, 01:35
Somehow this doesn't really surprise or shock me. People are ****ed up.

ChiefWPD
10-11-2012, 11:45
[QUOTE=...Apparently it takes half an hour to respond to a double murder in Annetta South Texas.....[/QUOTE]

Well, a million years ago I attended a training course for new chiefs of police. One of the "students" was the new sheriff of Nye (sp?) County Nevada (the one with the brothels). He told me that back-up for one of his deputies normally took one and a half hours.

Not every venue is a compact area with help and resources just around the corner.

AKRover
10-11-2012, 12:24
Alaska State Troopers are often stationed in villages where they are the only law enforcement for hundred of square miles. Backup has to come by air or boat often and can take hours to arrive.

rockapede
10-11-2012, 12:52
Stuff like this illustrates just how screwed up it is that in many areas, dispatchers are still completely left out of critical incident debriefings. As much as I piss and moan about my dispatchers on occasion, I know for a fact that they've saved my butt and my case on more than one occasion and a lot of the stuff they hear is very disturbing, especially for somebody who just got pulled off the street to do a low paying job with little or no training in managing emotions after a crisis.

Roering
10-11-2012, 16:17
Aren't you supposed to speak calmly when you dial 911? :whistling:

GumbyDammit
10-11-2012, 22:20
wow... I stopped listening to it after about 6min...

You made it longer than I did. Seriously, if poeople want to kill that bad why not start with themselves.

frizz
10-11-2012, 23:34
I Agree now we going to support him for the rest of our lives. Very sad all around, especially for the rest of his family

A double murder? Of your mother and sister? In Texas?

I see the words, "May the Lord have mercy on your soul" in his future.

RyanBDawg
10-12-2012, 00:39
A double murder? Of your mother and sister? In Texas?

I see the words, "May the Lord have mercy on your soul" in his future.

Supreme Court ruled that persons under the age of 18 cannot be executed. Most he can get is life without parole.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

frizz
10-12-2012, 01:49
Supreme Court ruled that persons under the age of 18 cannot be executed. Most he can get is life without parole.

Oh. missed that fact. Can he even get life without? I can't remember if the recent Miller v. Alabama decision from the USSCt precludes LWOP for juveniles or if it just said that mandatory LWOP parole is unconstitutional.

Texas has to be careful in sentencing this poor "child" for his crimes.

:picard: would do a facepalm on this one.