Chicago's answer to shootings: A Violence Tax! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Chicago's answer to shootings: A Violence Tax!

jeanderson
10-09-2012, 15:56
Only in Chicago... The Cook County board president is proposing a "violence tax" on guns and ammo sold in the city and surrounding suburbs. The level of stupidity in Chicago has no bounds:

If we were to pursue a tax on something like guns and ammo, clearly that wouldn’t be popular with the [gun lobby] out there, and it may not generate $50 million, but ... it is consistent with our commitment to pursuing violence reduction in the city and in the county.

Brilliant. Reduce violence by taxing law-abiding citizens for their guns and ammo. I'm sure the gangbangers will just give up now. :faint:

Full story: http://www.suntimes.com/15644719-761/cook-county-mulling-violence-tax-on-guns-and-ammunition.html

aircarver
10-09-2012, 15:59
Just one more big city scheme to get their hands on the wallets of their surrounding 'neighbors' .... :upeyes:

countrygun
10-09-2012, 16:01
Liberals suggesting the solution to a problem lies in a TAX?

I am shocked, I tell you, shocked!:shocked:

JBnTX
10-09-2012, 16:03
They should tax the people who commit the crimes.
But that would be racist, wouldn't it?

JFrame
10-09-2012, 16:20
I recall that a recent mayoral candidate for Baltimore, MD, suggested a tax of $1 per firearm cartridge (that's per round) to "pay" for the repercussions of urban violence.

Such is the mind of the leftist...

janice6
10-09-2012, 16:28
Some cities believe when a BG commits a crime, more law abiding citizens should be punished for it. Makes you wonder whose side they are on.

Naw....I don't wonder about it, I know.

michael e
10-09-2012, 16:29
I don't even know what to say.
This will work just as good as not allowing CC and we see how good that's going for them.

Kablam
10-09-2012, 16:35
So they're proposing a tax that will intrude most heavily on law abiding citizens who are not directly involved in Chicago's liberal driven gun, gang, drug, cultural/social problems to help "pay" for the problem. No mention whatsoever about correcting the problem? Can liberals not see??

smokin762
10-09-2012, 16:36
I couldn't and wouldn't put up with crap like this. I would move elswhere.

JBnTX
10-09-2012, 16:56
I couldn't and wouldn't put up with crap like this. I would move elswhere.

But the residents of Chicago will bend over and take it, like the good little sheep that they are.

People DO get the government they deserve.

Angry Fist
10-09-2012, 16:59
Considering their anti-gun policies are what is perpetuating the violence, I see no problem with Chitcago lawmakers footing the bill themselves.

jdavionic
10-09-2012, 17:32
So they're proposing a tax that will intrude most heavily on law abiding citizens who are not directly involved in Chicago's liberal driven gun, gang, drug, cultural/social problems to help "pay" for the problem. No mention whatsoever about correcting the problem? Can liberals not see??

Unfortunately, no. 'If we just throw all the guns in the ocean, the world will be a better place'. That seems to be the mentality. And since the average person is incapable of making the choice that they deem necessary, they will force them to do so.

It's not just the 2A. Freedom of speech...unless it's something they object to.

stevelyn
10-09-2012, 17:40
I don't even know what to say. This will work just as good as not allowing CC and we see how good that's going for them.

I do, but coming right out and saying it would likely get me banned.

I will say this, Chicago isn't going to be fixed by working within the system. The system there and the people in it are too corrupt and as the ancient book of Hebrew wisdom says, "Evil men will wax worse and worse". You have criminals running the streets and criminals running the govt there. Everyone else is caught in the middle.

Roering
10-09-2012, 17:46
Only in Chicago... The Cook County board president is proposing a "violence tax" on guns and ammo sold in the city and surrounding suburbs. The level of stupidity in Chicago has no bounds:

Brilliant. Reduce violence by taxing law-abiding citizens for their guns and ammo. I'm sure the gangbangers will just give up now. :faint:

Full story: http://www.suntimes.com/15644719-761/cook-county-mulling-violence-tax-on-guns-and-ammunition.html

Aren't they already paying taxes (property tax) for a police force that is failing?

Nevermind, I'm sure this will fix everything.

JFrame
10-09-2012, 17:54
On the other hand, Chicago teachers negotiated a new contract, so hopefully 35 percent of their students will continue to read at the appropriate grade level... :whistling:

Providence
10-09-2012, 18:22
The end result will be more gun violence.

countrygun
10-09-2012, 18:33
OK, I get it, but how do they make the criminals pay the tax:dunno:

JFrame
10-09-2012, 18:40

Hmmm... You may have found the flaw in the "Master Plan..." http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/remake/rtfm.gifhttp://www.kolobok.us/smiles/remake/haha.gif

CanMan
10-09-2012, 18:41
The level of stupidity in Chicago has no bounds

Yep, just look at good old Rahm.

JFrame
10-09-2012, 18:45
Yep, just look at good old Rahm.

I'm more inclined to cast the blame at the utter morons who voted him in...

oldman11
10-09-2012, 18:54
Some cities believe when a BG commits a crime, more law abiding citizens should be punished for it. Makes you wonder whose side they are on.

Now you know where the crime bosses are. :cool:

Sam Spade
10-09-2012, 19:31
I'd pay if I got to pick who I could whack.

Gunnut 45/454
10-09-2012, 19:47
Why any gun owner would live inside Cook County is beyond all reason!:steamed: Or IL in general!:faint:

callihan_44
10-09-2012, 19:50
i still have no reason to visit chicago, oh well

W420Hunter
10-09-2012, 19:53

Every one knows you can't be a OG ganster if you don't pay your taxes.

Cambo
10-10-2012, 07:05

The liberal always sides with the gangbanger and opposes the armed citizen. The liberal wants the citizen to be disarmed so that they are robbed, tortured and killed by the criminal scum. It makes them feel better in the sense of some perverse cosmic justice that the law abiding person is only that way because they "have more" than the scum. Therefore, any killing of the law abiding citizen will balance the scales of hardship economics. The liberal probably hopes that killing a citizen makes the scum "feel" better in the process as well. Nothing will convince me that this isn't the case. It's the foundation philosophy for all gun control.

cowboy1964
10-10-2012, 12:27
If I lived in Chicago I'd gladly pay a violence tax on ammo if they in exchange would allow me to legally carry.

Booker
10-10-2012, 13:44
They'd raise more revenue with a victims tax. The victims are easier to find than the criminals.

Get shot in the Windy City, youse gotta pay a tax!