Racism and its double standards. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Racism and its double standards.

OctoberRust
10-09-2012, 18:33
I thought this may be a political issue, but it's really more of a social issue, with certain examples being political. Anyways, if mods feel this isn't the appropriate forum, my apologies in advance, and feel free to move or delete it.

Has anyone noticed how it's ok if someone like Snoop Dogg comes out nonchalantly saying the top reason for him and why others should vote for Obama is because he's black? We all know what would happen to whites, and how the media has and will tear you apart for saying such an ignorant thing, however it seems if you're of color you can get away with it. Almost like the media expects you to be ignorant, which in turn is racist in itself; and ultimately seems like a big insult on blacks, and other "non whites" who the media does this to.

Another example would be Zimmerman. Almost immediately after the shooting, the Urban culture (not black, urban can be any color, it's the urban mindset I'm trying to describe) labeled him a racist, when he said no such thing to make someone think otherwise? FBI even had to confirm and dig up his past and could find nothing, however there is still a large following who INSIST he's a racist, and it was race motivated. The black panthers even put a bounty on his head.

These are two examples I can think of at the moment, where it seems the Al Sharpton crowd LOVES labeling anyone and everyone a racist that benefits them, even if they haven't said such a thing.....BUT when someone like Snoop Dogg comes out and says he's voting someone solely on their skin color, and a few other things that don't make a damn difference to the abilities or lack thereof regarding the president.

Even though I understand both sides are wrong when it comes to this, my question is, why is it not OK for whites to act like idiots - such as what Snoop Dogg is doing, but if the other side does it, you can actually put innocent men in jail or on trial for something they never would have gone through otherwise?

*ASH*
10-09-2012, 18:42
one thing , and if you get this one thing nothing will surprise you and you wont have to ask questions

READY ??

EVERYBODY IS A RACIST , EVERYONE IS A RACIST IN SOME FORM OR FASHION ,THU THEIR LIFE , DAY TO DAY OR OTHERWISE.

people who say they are not racist about anything is lying ,plain and simple .

the end

Beretta92guy
10-09-2012, 18:43
because most blacks, especially their racist leaders jesse jacko jr. and sharpton hold a grudge against the white man for slavery.....and feel that "whitey" owes the black man until the end of time.....since they are the "minorities" they should be able to speak out against the evil white man......

i say that slavery was the best thing to ever happen to the modern black person, if you forefathers had not been slaves, you might be swinging in some tree over in Africa instead of living in a house with A/C and cable TV.....

in my town every year they host a "mr and mrs. black pageant"......i always wanted to host a "mr and mrs. white" pageant and see what would happen.....

hypocrisy at its finest.....but that is the way most people....black or white are......hypocrites!!!

and i am PREJUDICED.....prejudiced against AHOLES.....black or white.....some of the nicest people i know are black, and some of the biggest AHOLES i know are white......its not about skin color, its about attitude.....

but racism and hypocrisy carries on

OctoberRust
10-09-2012, 18:46
one thing , and if you get this one thing nothing will surprise you and you wont have to ask questions

READY ??

EVERYBODY IS A RACIST , EVERYONE IS A RACIST IN SOME FORM OR FASHION ,THU THEIR LIFE , DAY TO DAY OR OTHERWISE.

the end

Strange, I guess I'm a liar then.... :dunno:

Don't get me wrong, I love my prejudice and stereo-typical jokes, but I'm not one to pass judgement solely on someone's skin color.

Now if they're wearing XXL graffiti fubu jeans, have an afro-pick, and a gold grill, yes, I'll be making some assumptions. That's not because they're black though, that's because they're dressed like a goof ball. I'd pass the same judgement on the white guy with a mullet, wife beater and mustard stain in his old pickup that hasn't passed inspection since 1982. Therefore, that doesn't make me a racist, since it's not the skin color/race I'm making judgements on before their actions have taken place, it's the way they're presenting themselves.

Now is that prejudice/judgmental? Sure... Is it racist of me? No...... If you disagree, look up the definition to racism.

*ASH*
10-09-2012, 18:52
Strange, I guess I'm a liar then.... :dunno:

Don't get me wrong, I love my prejudice and stereo-typical jokes, but I'm not one to pass judgement solely on someone's skin color.

Now if they're wearing XXL graffiti fubu jeans, have an afro-pick, and a gold grill, yes, I'll be making some assumptions. That's not because they're black though, that's because they're dressed like a goof ball. I'd pass the same judgement on the white guy with a mullet, wife beater and mustard stain in his old pickup that hasn't passed inspection since 1982. Therefore, that doesn't make me a racist, since it's not the skin color/race I'm making judgements on before their actions have taken place, it's the way they're presenting themselves.

Now is that prejudice/judgmental? Sure... Is it racist of me? No...... If you disagree, look up the definition to racism.

yeah i get that part of it , but to a point everyone is racist or closet racist . its only my opinion and i stick to it , no worries

Averageman
10-09-2012, 18:54
I'm the Father of a Bi-racial Son.
Life is what it is, I had to have a very F'ed up heart to heart to explain to my Son, that NO You cannot jog at 11 PM no matter how close to our house you remain, you might be able to do that if you were white in our neighborhood, but you aren't, so you cannot.
Thats the facts of life, not a Hope or a dream; thats the way life is and both sides have jacked it up.

OctoberRust
10-09-2012, 18:55
yeah i get that part of it , but to a point everyone is racist or closet racist . its only my opinion and i stick to it , no worries

"Everyone" can not be one thing, when it comes to behavior. I'll respect your opinion, and we'll most likely have to agree to disagree, but I stand firm on I'm not a racist (by it's true meaning, IE - judging someone based on their ethnicity/race) And, I'm betting it's a safe assumption to say there's other out there who think the same way I do, even if I and those others are in the minority of this thought process.

Tim151515
10-09-2012, 18:56
preaching to the choir bro. your not voting for obama? you hate all blacks. Your put off by two men sucking face in public? you hate gays. you think women should buy their own BC? you hate women. its just the way it is. the fact is, a lot of people are going to hate you unless you toe their line. ive lost several childhood friends because i dont support obama. the funny thing is they have always known i leaned conservative, but ever since obama came into office, now its becaue im "racist."

the fact is, is this country is becoming more and more divided. the best you can do is make deciscions that you think are best for yourself and best for your country. if people want to label you as prejudice because of that, oh well. there is NOTHING you can do or say to change their mind. like I said, i lost severy friends i was VERY close to growing up, because im white, dont support obama, therefore I am racist.(in other words, if someone wants to label you as something, their going to, no matter how much logic goes against it.)

for me its somewhere between depressing and infuriating. but i am at the point where i just said screw it, stopped paying attention to it, and realized all i could do is vote, and wait for the riots to start if the messiah doesn't get to keep is throne. dont blame yourself though. if you not prejudiced, then you are not at fault.

Gombey
10-09-2012, 18:59

READY ??

the end

http://youtu.be/aHKIMOgoJoU

concretefuzzynuts
10-09-2012, 18:59
The fact? Racism is considered a white sin. Most blacks think they cannot be considered racist because only whites have historically been in an authoritarian position. It stems from a power or authority view. I kid you not. I have gotten into many debates about this.

Anyone can see that if you hate or whatever someone of another race because of their race, you are a racist.

OctoberRust
10-09-2012, 19:00
I'm the Father of a Bi-racial Son.
Life is what it is, I had to have a very F'ed up heart to heart to explain to my Son, that NO You cannot jog at 11 PM no matter how close to our house you remain, you might be able to do that if you were white in our neighborhood, but you aren't, so you cannot.
Thats the facts of life, not a Hope or a dream; thats the way life is and both sides have jacked it up.

There are plenty of white neighborhoods I wouldn't feel safe in either though. It's a cultural issue, not a color issue.

Now with that being said, I'd prefer to stay on topic of my OP, which is why is this double standard there? How can so many people find this acceptable the media plays it like this?

jakebrake
10-09-2012, 19:03
preaching to the choir bro. your not voting for obama? you hate all blacks. Your put off by two men sucking face in public? you hate gays. you think women should buy their own BC? you hate women. its just the way it is. the fact is, a lot of people are going to hate you unless you toe their line. ive lost several childhood friends because i dont support obama. the funny thing is they have always known i leaned conservative, but ever since obama came into office, now its becaue im "racist."

the fact is, is this country is becoming more and more divided. the best you can do is make deciscions that you think are best for yourself and best for your country. if people want to label you as prejudice because of that, oh well. there is NOTHING you can do or say to change their mind. like I said, i lost severy friends i was VERY close to growing up, because im white, dont support obama, therefore I am racist.(in other words, if someone wants to label you as something, their going to, no matter how much logic goes against it.)

for me its somewhere between depressing and infuriating. but i am at the point where i just said screw it, stopped paying attention to it, and realized all i could do is vote, and wait for the riots to start if the messiah doesn't get to keep is throne. dont blame yourself though. if you not prejudiced, then you are not at fault.

the gospel according to tim151515. amen!

spot on...sadly.

OctoberRust
10-09-2012, 19:06

Well that's the thing though. I don't really see double standards with homosexuals showing PDA in public, yea some may be offended or grossed out by it, but I don't really see homosexuals showing disgusted or disapproval if I'm showing PDA with my girlfriend and I. As opposed to what I said in the OP, it's ok if "they" do it, but god forbid a white person doesn't even have to do ANYTHING! (referencing Zimmerman).

As far as not voting for Obama and being called a racist, it sort of reminds me when I tell people I'm not voting for Romney either, and they call me a liberal. I'm not sure what's more insulting, being labeled a racist, or a liberal. Especially when it's not true....