Mitt Romney personally, annonymously covers VA milk bill for 2 yrs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney personally, annonymously covers VA milk bill for 2 yrs

Snaps
10-10-2012, 00:20
http://specfriggintacular.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/mitt-romney-personally-paid-for-va-hospitals-milk-weekly-for-2-years-annonymously/

they tell the man they need milk, he writes a check every week for 2 years to cover it.

I know, he doesn't love the military like obama though

goldenlight
10-10-2012, 02:51
Wow: this story breaks just WEEKS before the election.

What an UNCANNY coincidence!

The way *I* heard the story, Mitt was paying for ALL the milk for ALL the *orphanages* in Boston.

THAT story will probably break in about 10 days or so.

CLoft239
10-10-2012, 03:06

The way *I* heard the story, Mitt was paying for ALL the milk for ALL the *orphanages* in Boston.

Kinda like the bull***** report of less people being unemployed under "O" 'The Messiah' right before election?

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

jbutenhoff
10-10-2012, 06:18

Wow, something must be wrong with your PC as it must not have displayed that this blog post was from 9-14, almost a month ago. Also your PC must be on the fritz since it didn't let you realize that the media has totally ignored this story and ran with how Romney wants to kill Big Bird.

You need to get your PC fixed because it couldn't be you that is that clueless.

Rabid Rabbit
10-10-2012, 06:24
Wow, something must be wrong with your PC as it must not have displayed that this blog post was from 9-14, almost a month ago. Also your PC must be on the fritz since it didn't let you realize that the media has totally ignored this story and ran with how Romney wants to kill Big Bird.

You obviously don't see the main problem, Romney did this with HIS money, not somebody elses.

Gallium
10-10-2012, 06:31
You obviously don't see the main problem, Romney did this with HIS money, not somebody elses.

When you're rich it's all paper money anyways. I'm sure he uses $100 bills like toilet paper, and 50's like kleenex.

It would have been MORE IMPRESSIVE, if he'd donated money to buy cell phones for inner city youths who are inclined towards robbing other people for their phones, or if he marched in unity with the wall street protesters.

(set sarcasm detector to "low")

RedTop
10-10-2012, 06:42

His computer won't log onto Yahoo Mail either.:rofl:

douggmc
10-10-2012, 14:38
I don't doubt the story. I'm sure Romney is a very nice and decent man. His policies just suck IMO (even though he has changed position on virtually every major one at some point or another over the past 20 years).

What strikes me though? How sad it is that it needed to be done. This happened in ~1993 or so when he was running for the Senate against Ted Kennedy. Why was the VA in such bad shape that it couldn't get the milk needed? I don't know ... but if we are talking presidential politics ... we were coming off of 12 years of Republican presidents at about that time (8 years of RR and 4 years of GB). Hmm.

Ruggles
10-10-2012, 14:42
If true then props to Mitt:)

Phaze5ive
10-10-2012, 15:32
If true then props to Mitt:)
And that's a BIG if... That page isn't even trying to hide its bias with that background. If it's true, I would think other news sites, especially FOX, would have picked it up by now.

Ruggles
10-10-2012, 16:55
And that's a BIG if... That page isn't even trying to hide its bias with that background. If it's true, I would think other news sites, especially FOX, would have picked it up by now.

Well if Obama's people had the story it would have been Mitt taking milk from the vets......and their babies no doubt.

LASTRESORT20
10-10-2012, 17:11

Sorry amigo....This story has been around awhile...But...I learned of it over 2 months or so ago...

podwich
10-10-2012, 17:33
I don't doubt the story. I'm sure Romney is a very nice and decent man. His policies just suck IMO (even though he has changed position on virtually every major one at some point or another over the past 20 years).

What strikes me though? How sad it is that it needed to be done. This happened in ~1993 or so when he was running for the Senate against Ted Kennedy. Why was the VA in such bad shape that it couldn't get the milk needed? I don't know ... but if we are talking presidential politics ... we were coming off of 12 years of Republican presidents at about that time (8 years of RR and 4 years of GB). Hmm.

The current administration is destroying our country. Snoopy would be better than Obama.

Dennis in MA
10-10-2012, 17:48
I heard he actually stole half the milk back to haze college students.

Adjuster
10-10-2012, 17:52
How is this anonymously all over the internet? Does anonymous not mean what I thought it meant?

/

CanMan
10-10-2012, 18:25
I'm sure the Obama campaign will say that milk is tainted with extra antibiotics....

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3GlMLoylK7gHhP5bvW5hX7Og153RADLhTYDEdj168-93m8pBM

I really don't care if Big Bird gets fried but they better leave the important stuff alone!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUOBAmT0QyaOlmEwEasphHd0JqWtF1lF-s3mfOpkTAW3ZOHBcVmA

I'm voting for Mittens!

nmk
10-10-2012, 18:46
How is this anonymously all over the internet? Does anonymous not mean what I thought it meant?

/

I think it's pretty obvious what is going on with this story.

Bren
10-10-2012, 18:53

:rofl: Did you just recently move to this country?

I know - you're so far left that CNN probably looks like a right wing propaganda machine.:rofl:

aircarver
10-10-2012, 18:57
If you found a cure for cancer, you'd have trouble staying out of jail ... :upeyes:

Bren
10-10-2012, 18:58
This story is also included in this one, with several others:
7 Incredible Personal Stories About Mitt Romney That You May Not Know (http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2012/09/25/7_incredible_personal_stories_about_mitt_romney_that_you_may_not_know/page/full/)

They include:
1) Mitt Romney saved the life of a 14 year old girl;
2) Mitt Romney gave milk to a V.A. hospital;
3) Mitt Romney helped a dying 14 year old boy write his will;
4) At one point, Mitt Romney was doing 10-20 hours a week of volunteer church service'
5) Pam Finlayson talks about how Mitt Romney treated her family and her extremely ill child;
6) Mitt Romney and his sons saved a family and their dog from drowning;
7) Mitt Romney pays for the college education of two boys who were left as quadriplegics after a car wreck

Jason D
10-11-2012, 17:02
This was covered by Glenn Beck weeks ago.

onebigelf
10-11-2012, 18:14
There are a lot of stories like this about a man that has donated the kind of money Romney has over the last 20 years. It goes back way beyond his presidential run. Remember that his father left him a significant amount of money when he died, Romney donate the entire sum to charity in his father's name.

None of it counts because worthwhile things are not done by individuals with charity, only by governments with tax money. The purpose of wealth is so that governments can seize it so that liberals can feel good about themselves by getting government to support the causes that the liberals don't fund themselves.

John

Snaps
10-11-2012, 19:17
This was covered by Glenn Beck weeks ago.
SOrry about that, I pulled it off a wounded warrior project board. I haven't heard glenn since they pulled him out of the evening time slot here and put him on in the AM

MAC702
10-11-2012, 19:38
...It would have been MORE IMPRESSIVE, if he'd donated money to buy cell phones for inner city youths who are inclined towards robbing other people for their phones...
Right, because giving them something would make them want to earn everything else in life and would not reinforce their sense of entitlement.

Jason D
10-12-2012, 16:51
SOrry about that, I pulled it off a wounded warrior project board. I haven't heard glenn since they pulled him out of the evening time slot here and put him on in the AM

There is no need to be sorry for anything. It's good that someone else is saying something about it.

I find it odd though that as of now only Wounded Warriors and Glenn Beck have said a word about this. Not one single mention on any of the big networks. Then again Mitt didn't do it for a pat on the back.

I truly don't like the guy, but he seems like a good genuine honest to God human being that likes helping people because it's the right thing to do, and not some scumbag working an angle.

For anyone that is interested. Glenn Beck is back on the air on The Blaze. It might me only on Dishnet though. You might have to request the channel. Channel 212 on the Dish.

kirgi08
10-12-2012, 19:49
:whistling: