Another Article On Lance Armstrong [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another Article On Lance Armstrong

redbaron007
10-10-2012, 07:17
Here's a USAToday article (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/cycling/2012/10/09/lance-armstrong-doping-case/1622699/) that quotes Lance's Armstrong's attorney making preemptive strike on the soon to be released USADA report.

I hope the UCI rejects their case.

:wavey:

red

ron59
10-10-2012, 08:22
He was the most tested guy ever.
He got tested after just about every stage he raced.
Other guys got tested, they got busted.
He either knew some trick nobody on earth knew.... or he didn't do it.

No evidence, no crime. Just a bunch of haters.

redbaron007
10-10-2012, 09:04

I'm with ya! :thumbsup:

Being convicted of something with just hearsay testimony is a crock of (well you know what I was wanting to say). I hope the UCI reviews the info and decides it is without merit..no evidence. However, they will be hard pressed to do that, based upon the WADA rules.

red

eruby
10-10-2012, 09:05
I put as much credence in the USADA as I would the ADAA (American Dodgeball Association of America).

Dodge, Dive, Dip, Duck and ..... Dodge.

Tour de Lance!!!!!

redbaron007
10-10-2012, 12:38
According to this article (http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/10/anti-doping-agency-to-release-evidence-against-lance-armstrong/?hpt=hp_t1), the USADA is releasing their report today. Doesn't say to the public or to the WADA & UCI. :dunno:

George Hincape (Armstrong's teammate) did admit today he used banned drugs, too.

red

SC Tiger
10-10-2012, 12:50

Here is how it was explained on another website I frequent:

In cycling, everyone at the top level dopes. There are two types of dopers - "pushers" and "pullers".

"Pushers" use the latest and greatest. They have to be very careful about what they use, when and how they use it so they don't get caught.

"Pullers" use stuff that they are sure or nearly sure won't get them caught (like EPO before the tests). These drugs are less effective but harder to catch.

Floyd Landis was a "Pusher." Had he cycled off of the drugs properly (for a couple of days after his insuline shot) he would never have been caught. However, he didn't so he was caught.

Lance was a "Puller." That is why he beat so many tests. He wasn't clean but he was using less effective stuff than many others.

No idea if this is right but it is interesting.

HerrGlock
10-10-2012, 14:09
I've come to the conclusion I no longer give a damn whether or not he doped. They're going after something that's over 5 years old and have been after him since day one.

Let it go already and put all that time, effort and money into making the CURRENT sport safer.

All I've seen for the past few years is a witch hunt. There's nothing about justice any more, it's a bunch of people crying because they didn't win.

Berto
10-10-2012, 14:23
I've come to the conclusion I no longer give a damn whether or not he doped. They're going after something that's over 5 years old and have been after him since day one.

Let it go already and put all that time, effort and money into making the CURRENT sport safer.

All I've seen for the past few years is a witch hunt. There's nothing about justice any more, it's a bunch of people crying because they didn't win.

I agree with that. I think Lance won the races fairly, he played the same game everyone else played and came out on top.
It's all politics.

Berto
10-10-2012, 14:24
On the flip side, I'm not going to be quite as embarrassed riding a Lemond bike.

JLA
10-10-2012, 14:56

Right on :thumbsup:

RWBlue
10-10-2012, 15:50
Why is my tax money being spent on this?

Let the ruling agency for the sport test how they want to test.
If there is a disagreement, let it be argued in civil court.

series1811
10-10-2012, 15:52
Bunch of butt hurt Euro cycle trash keeping this going.

redbaron007
10-10-2012, 15:56
Here is how it was explained on another website I frequent:

In cycling, everyone at the top level dopes. There are two types of dopers - "pushers" and "pullers".

"Pushers" use the latest and greatest. They have to be very careful about what they use, when and how they use it so they don't get caught.

"Pullers" use stuff that they are sure or nearly sure won't get them caught (like EPO before the tests). These drugs are less effective but harder to catch.

Floyd Landis was a "Pusher." Had he cycled off of the drugs properly (for a couple of days after his insuline shot) he would never have been caught. However, he didn't so he was caught.

Lance was a "Puller." That is why he beat so many tests. He wasn't clean but he was using less effective stuff than many others.

No idea if this is right but it is interesting.

Very interesting. I think its easier to say: there is doping and getting caught; then there is doping and NOT getting caught. :supergrin:

Witch hunt is correct!

I agree with that. I think Lance won the races fairly, he played the same game everyone else played and came out on top.
It's all politics.

Yep!

On the flip side, I'm not going to be quite as embarrassed riding a Lemond bike.
:rofl: :rofl:
They're still good bikes.

red