The Drudge Report is Worth Hundreds of Millions of Dollars [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Drudge Report is Worth Hundreds of Millions of Dollars

Flying-Dutchman
10-10-2012, 19:19
And Drudge owns it all. Good for him.

Drudge is America’s conversation starter.

Talk show hosts just look on Drudge for the topic of the day.

http://www.businessinsider.com/drudge-report-is-worth-2012-10

Little Joe
10-10-2012, 20:27
I never would have thought that.

I've noticed when scrolling down his homepage, it will reload on its own. It's a little aggravating to be scrolling down looking at the links headlines only to be automatically reloaded and sent back to the top. I wonder if all of those automatic reloads count as new page views. Automatically reloading 14 million regular viewers 3 or 4 times each visit would really skew his numbers.

jame
10-10-2012, 20:35
One of my favorites. I check it multiple times per day.

If you want to watch how liberal media can spin, check Drudge, the go immediately to msnbc.com and look for the same story. It can be a real eye opener.

CLoft239
10-10-2012, 20:41
He didn't build that site, someone else did.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

scwine
10-10-2012, 20:47
He didn't build that site, someone else did.

Who did?
I know of the site and like it, that's about it. But you have my curiosity piqued.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drudge_Report

AK_Stick
10-10-2012, 20:48
fish on!

CLoft239
10-10-2012, 20:58
Who did?
I know of the site and like it, that's about it. But you have my curiosity piqued.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drudge_Report

Sarcasm... remember Nobama's "you didn't build that" speech?

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

scwine
10-10-2012, 21:03
Sarcasm... remember Nobama's "you didn't build that" speech?

:rofl:
Ahh....Sorry, I must be a little slow tonight. Good one.

UtahIrishman
10-10-2012, 21:38
He needs something besides monospace fonts. I find it difficult to read. To me it smacks of amateurism and thus I don't take his reports seriously and rarely read it.

Rabbi
10-10-2012, 21:41
He needs something besides monospace fonts. I find it difficult to read. To me it smacks of amateurism and thus I don't take his reports seriously and rarely read it.

9 figures from a single page.

He doesnt *need* anything. If I was him, I wouldnt change a damned thing.

MrKandiyohi
10-10-2012, 21:46
"D" <ENTER> gets me to Drudge

UtahIrishman
10-10-2012, 22:09
9 figures from a single page.

He doesnt *need* anything. If I was him, I wouldnt change a damned thing.

I'm not questioning that he's making money, and evidently lots of it. So does Rupert Murdoch and I don't take his newspapers seriously either.

About the only news source I take seriously anymore is my local newspaper and then only on local matters. National news is way too twisted.

You are correct he doesn't need anything, but I don't need his report either.

certifiedfunds
10-10-2012, 22:23

Reports? It's just hyperlinks.

ChuteTheMall
10-10-2012, 22:34
It's amazing that people exist here who don't understand how the Drudge Report works.

I'll keep this as simple as possible.

Drudge posts headlines, they link to media stories.

Sometimes he improves the headlines, but the media still writes nearly all of the stories.

I hope this didn't go over everyone's heads.:upeyes:

ChuteTheMall
10-10-2012, 22:38
I find it difficult to read.

:animlol:

wjv
10-11-2012, 00:33
Drudge posts headlines, they link to media stories.

Sometimes he improves the headlines, but the media still writes nearly all of the stories.

I hope this didn't go over everyone's heads.:upeyes:

Whu?

:tongueout:

UtahIrishman
10-11-2012, 06:28
:animlol:

It's the font not the content...not that there is any to speak of

gad...unbelievable...

Rabid Rabbit
10-11-2012, 06:32
I never would have thought that.

I've noticed when scrolling down his homepage, it will reload on its own. It's a little aggravating to be scrolling down looking at the links headlines only to be automatically reloaded and sent back to the top. I wonder if all of those automatic reloads count as new page views. Automatically reloading 14 million regular viewers 3 or 4 times each visit would really skew his numbers.

No, the reason for the reload is the site was hacked several times and refreshing automatically apparently is a solution for certain types of hacks.

RedTop
10-11-2012, 06:50
The Thug Report (http://www.thugreport.com/) is good too.

Cmacc
10-11-2012, 07:06
Drudge fancies himself as an old fashioned scoop newspaper reporter and thus his font somewhat resembles the plain old teletype/typewriter look. Click on the link in the OP and check out his signature hat. Check here: https://www.google.com/search?q=matt+drudge+gay&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1TSNF_enUS423US423&prmd=imvnso&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=-cN2UK2CDY3W9ASmyoD4Cg&sqi=2&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1138&bih=555#hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1TSNF_enUS423US423&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=matt+drudge+&oq=matt+drudge+&gs_l=img.12..0j0i24l9.14875.14875.0.17092.1.1.0.0.0.0.123.123.0j1.1.0...0.0...1c.1.HxBEhmWlxWs&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=66cbf0e2407bcfc5&bpcl=35243188&biw=1138&bih=555

TKM
10-11-2012, 08:31
Down here we just get a dozen or so DJs reading Fark.com to us every morning.

Saves on show prep I guess.

Bilbo Bagins
10-11-2012, 09:45
I remember the days when he wasn't that partisan. It was just an easy to read news link website with some DC and hollywood gossip. Kind of like the USA Today of the internet.

Then after he broke the Monica Lewinsky scandal, all these conservative talking heads were offering him radio talk show gigs, then it was all downhill from there. He sold out and now links anything, even sites like infowars and RT as legit news.

As a guy he seems OK, but I think he always dreamed to being that old school respected news reporter. These days he is more of a propangandist.

I guess he cries about that in his limo driving back to his mansion, with his yacht docked nearby.

Little Joe
10-11-2012, 10:13
No, the reason for the reload is the site was hacked several times and refreshing automatically apparently is a solution for certain types of hacks.

Got it! :thumbsup: