So Iím At A Wake This Evening [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So Iím At A Wake This Evening

seanmac45
10-10-2012, 19:49
Minding my own business. The deceased is the uncle of my sonís girlfriend of three years. Through the chatter of the crowded room I hear from the right, ďSean! Thatís him!Ē Now I realize this is nothing good since I know four people max out of this group of people. The wife and I only attended to support the sonís girlfriend who is a charming young lady and we adore her. I see a wave going around the room of heads turning and glancing at me.
Youíre being paranoid I think to myself, but just in case I sidle my back up to a wall. Sure as ****, here comes my son hysterical laughing. ďNice going Dad!Ē he states with obvious glee. You locked up her uncle and he picked you out by name as soon as he laid eyes on you. My bride rolled her eyes and proceeded to laugh herself sick.
Everyone thought it was extremely amusing. Everyone except me and the perp that is.

The wedding should be a howl.

jpa
10-10-2012, 20:22
So you locked up the dead guy or was it yet another uncle? If it was the dead guy, how did he recognize and ID you? Or was it his ghost? :bigevil****eatinggrin:

F the wedding, I wanna know what the baby's Christening and every family get-together for the next 10 years are gonna be like...good luck!

seanmac45
10-10-2012, 20:28
Deceased was one of seven brothers. I collared one still stealing oxygen.

I told my wife we were probably off the Christmas card list.................

Newcop761
10-10-2012, 20:29
That sucks. Not a good evening.

Look on the bright side, you're no longer constrained by policy... :tbo:

nursetim
10-10-2012, 21:40
Do you carry off duty?

golls17
10-10-2012, 21:53
Do you carry off duty?

If he didn't before, I bet he does now!

jpa
10-10-2012, 22:30
If he didn't before, I bet he does now!

ESPECIALLY to family events! :rofl:

(sorry, this was reference to a thread in carry issues about if you would carry to a social event/dinner at a friend's/family's house)

indigent
10-10-2012, 22:40
It's always nice to be recognized by your adoring fans..........

Dragoon44
10-10-2012, 22:42
Do you carry off duty?

Seanmac isn't off duty, he is just...well....OFF!

:supergrin::wavey:

Dragoon44
10-10-2012, 22:49
I know the feeling though. My oldest son's first "serious" girlfriend turned out to be the Daughter of a woman I had arrested back when she was a teenager working at a store and letting her friends go through her checkout line without paying. She hit the store for about 5K in goods.

indigent
10-10-2012, 22:59
Seanmac isn't off duty, he is just...well....OFF!

Are you the pot or the kettle........

:supergrin::supergrin::whistling:

Dragoon44
10-10-2012, 23:29
Are you the pot or the kettle........

:supergrin::supergrin::whistling:

I do not wish to create joinder with you.

:tongueout::rofl:

RyanBDawg
10-10-2012, 23:47
http://arrogantass.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/hawkward.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone 4s

GRIMLET
10-11-2012, 03:57
My then 16 yo son started dating a girl. I asked her name. Specifically, last name and fathers name. Yep! I knew him. I hooked him up twice and he just got out of the pen for meth from another agency. NICE...
Dating cancelled.

seanmac45
10-11-2012, 05:02
Do you carry off duty?

I'm retired 11 years now, and the answer is yes absolutely.

My 9mm's (Dept. mandated) retired the same day I did.

I carry a 5" Government model with me wherever I go, and last night just proved the efficacy of that habit.

As to Dragoon, he carries the first club he ever used to drag a woman into the cave with.:tongueout:

seanmac45
10-11-2012, 05:04
ESPECIALLY to family events! :rofl:

(sorry, this was reference to a thread in carry issues about if you would carry to a social event/dinner at a friend's/family's house)

Yeah, i caught that reference, LOL.

I stayed out of that thread, my answer is a boring 24/7 everywhere I go.:whistling:

PinkoCommie
10-11-2012, 08:44

I told my wife we were probably off the Christmas card list.................

The family might actually appreciate your good deed ;)

PinkoCommie
10-11-2012, 08:46
As to Dragoon, he carries the first club he ever used to drag a woman into the cave with.:tongueout:

Dragoon pre-dates wooden tools. He had to use his charm and good looks!

Schaffer
10-11-2012, 11:23

And a rock.

Dragoon44
10-11-2012, 11:55
And a rock.

Damn, do you have to blab ALL my secret techniques?????

Dragoon44
10-11-2012, 11:57
As to Dragoon, he carries the first club he ever used to drag a woman into the cave with.

Sigh, the good old days when MEN dragged WOMEN off. Nowdays.......oh don't get me started.

RetailNinja
10-11-2012, 15:36
I think it could have been worse. It seems to me, from your post, that he's not too butt hurt about it.

indigent
10-11-2012, 18:56

Good looks were relative when the women back then looked like men......

Gallium
10-11-2012, 19:03
Damn, do you have to blab ALL my secret techniques?????

Well since there is a crack in the dam are you going to mention that time you were playing around with atoms, smashed a few together, and created earth?

Just how freaking old are you anyways??? Is the Smithsonian still calling you up to ID your pet dinosaurs?

Dragoon44
10-11-2012, 19:40
Just how freaking old are you anyways??? Is the Smithsonian still calling you up to ID your pet dinosaurs?

I finally got them to stop asking me to identify the pre biotic soup everything came from. It was getting annoying.

jpa
10-12-2012, 02:16
Sigh, the good old days when MEN dragged WOMEN off. Nowdays.......oh don't get me started.

Yeah....damn emo metrosexuals.....

Good looks were relative when the women back then looked like men......

you can identify the women by the pissed off look and the men by the beaten-down disposition....

steveksux
10-12-2012, 14:11
Yeah....damn emo metrosexuals.....

you can identify the women by the pissed off look and the men by the beaten-down disposition.... only after marriage was invented....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

rv4driver
10-12-2012, 17:02
Y'all are treading on thin ice...some of the..uh, "chicks" peruse these forums!

steveksux
10-13-2012, 14:54

I told my wife we were probably off the Christmas card list.................True, but I bet they still send you a nice fruitcake. Made with extra special love. Or at least love byproducts. :rofl:

Randy

Dragoon44
10-13-2012, 15:01
Y'all are treading on thin ice...some of the..uh, "chicks" peruse these forums!

WTF?????? Chicks can read now?????

it's worse than I thought!!!

:rofl::rofl:

Dragoon44
10-13-2012, 15:04
I heard thru the grapevine that the guy Sean arrested gets panic attacks whenever he sees a broomstick now.

:tongueout::rofl::rofl:

DonGlock26
10-13-2012, 15:08
I always have something for former customers. It's called excellent customer service.

seanmac45
10-13-2012, 15:46
I heard thru the grapevine that the guy Sean arrested gets panic attacks whenever he sees a broomstick now.

:tongueout::rofl::rofl:

Now Now Now,...................

it was a plunger handle.:tongueout:

seanmac45
10-13-2012, 15:47
BTW I collared him back in 1998.

Sheeesshhh but he's got a long memory.

m2hmghb
10-13-2012, 16:13
BTW I collared him back in 1898.

Fixed your mistake :whistling:

Dragoon44
10-13-2012, 16:34
Now Now Now,...................

it was a plunger handle.:tongueout:

Stupid criminals they can never get things right.

Reminds me when we were booking a guy that had fought us when asked how he got his lip busted he pointed to the other officer and said he had punched him in the mouth. which wasn't true....It was me busted his lip.

Snowman92D
10-13-2012, 16:41
Sounds like the outcome of an efficacious "rapid therapy session" to me. :whistling:

seanmac45
10-13-2012, 16:49
Fixed your mistake :whistling:

It's good to know you've got my back.........:faint:

ICARRY2
10-13-2012, 17:07
WTF?????? Chicks can read now?????

it's worse than I thought!!!

They vote and drive cars too! :(

Dragoon44
10-13-2012, 17:10

Stop!!!! Stop!!! I can't take any more. Next your gonna tell me they can own property and be paid as much as men in the workplace!

:wow::rofl:

Dragoon44
10-13-2012, 17:13
It's good to know you've got my back.........:faint:

I have always been meaning to ask you Sean, How rough was it working for Boss Tweed back in the day?

Hack
10-13-2012, 18:41
Stop!!!! Stop!!! I can't take any more. Next your gonna tell me they can own property and be paid as much as men in the workplace!

:wow::rofl:

Well, they're working in men's prisons as, *gasp* officers.:whistling:

I still have un pc thoughts about that one.

Dragoon44
10-13-2012, 20:54
Well, they're working in men's prisons as, *gasp* officers.:whistling:

I still have un pc thoughts about that one.

Yeah we had a few back when I worked for state corrections before going to the PD. They were not allowed on the compound or anywhere near inmates.

Now here just a few years ago the Chief correctional officer was a woman.

Hack
10-13-2012, 22:13
Yeah we had a few back when I worked for state corrections before going to the PD. They were not allowed on the compound or anywhere near inmates.

Now here just a few years ago the Chief correctional officer was a woman.

The keys for getting hired into certain positions in my agency. There is an emphasis on hiring minority races, instead of strictly by merit. If a person is woman, or of the LGBT choices there is an emphasis on inclusion of diverse people.

So, this in order: Who you know; minority race; women; LGBT. Europeans are not at the top of that list.

:soap:

I'm an unverified mixed blood. I think the whole thing is appalling. If I were to become verified by any Cherokee nation that I am part Cherokee, (the people at Talequah would probably be interested), with just enough lineage to count as being part Cherokee I would be eligible for certain things; including being hired for things other than being hired on a basis of knowledge; skills; and abilities.

It is interesting that they do not say they are this way, but I see other ethnic groups other than Europeans being celebrated; I see a push for cultural diversity as long as it is accepting anything other than light skin European; and here lately they are cramming LGBT, (something that is written against in the Christian and Jewish bibles), down our throats. I get tired of this. The way I look at it you are either a US Citizen, or not; and are entitled to the same protections under the US Constitution, and our various state constitutions equally.

OK, rant off.

Dragoon44
10-13-2012, 22:36
Come on Hack, don't be shy tell us what you really think!!

:rofl::rofl::wavey:

Hack
10-13-2012, 23:22
Come on Hack, don't be shy tell us what you really think!!

:rofl::rofl::wavey:

I was being polite.:whistling:

seanmac45
10-14-2012, 10:09
I"d be banned for life if I relented and posted what I truly believe about women in policing.

Let's just say Hack and I are in sync.

Ohio Cop
10-14-2012, 10:13
The keys for getting hired into certain positions in my agency. There is an emphasis on hiring minority races, instead of strictly by merit. If a person is woman, or of the LGBT choices there is an emphasis on inclusion of diverse people.

So, this in order: Who you know; minority race; women; LGBT. Europeans are not at the top of that list.

:soap:

I'm an unverified mixed blood. I think the whole thing is appalling. If I were to become verified by any Cherokee nation that I am part Cherokee, (the people at Talequah would probably be interested), with just enough lineage to count as being part Cherokee I would be eligible for certain things; including being hired for things other than being hired on a basis of knowledge; skills; and abilities.

It is interesting that they do not say they are this way, but I see other ethnic groups other than Europeans being celebrated; I see a push for cultural diversity as long as it is accepting anything other than light skin European; and here lately they are cramming LGBT, (something that is written against in the Christian and Jewish bibles), down our throats. I get tired of this. The way I look at it you are either a US Citizen, or not; and are entitled to the same protections under the US Constitution, and our various state constitutions equally.

OK, rant off.

I mark the "other" box on everything.

I'm a proud Irish American!

metal
10-14-2012, 11:12
I mark the "other" box on everything.

I'm a proud Irish American!

You and me both.
I did make my own box once, checked it and wrote American next to it :supergrin:

Dragoon44
10-14-2012, 11:42
I"d be banned for life if I relented and posted what I truly believe about women in policing.

Let's just say Hack and I are in sync.

Dinosaurs! you guys need to be more modern like me!

:whistling::supergrin::wavey:

Patchman
10-14-2012, 13:09
BTW I collared him back in 1998.

Another example why LEOSA is so necessary.

MB-G26
10-14-2012, 19:12
you can identify the women by the pissed off look ....

http://www.raising-chickens.org/images/baby-chick-image1.jpg

:whistling:

Skeet732
10-14-2012, 19:18
To hell with him. If he behaved himself, you wouldn't have busted him, I'guessing

indigent
10-14-2012, 22:14
It's always nice to see old "customers". It's a chance to get a grasp on their customer satisfaction for the service you provided...........

Just saying.

Hack
10-15-2012, 01:02
Dinosaurs! you guys need to be more modern like me!

:whistling::supergrin::wavey:

He, he. You know you're getting old when: some of the ones your own age are retiring. I tried going modern. Didn't work. Oh well, in about four years they will be trying to put me out to the pasture, because I am bull headed.:rofl:

evilwill
10-16-2012, 09:47

Yeah...right. You mean to tell me that women can do all that ....from their kitchens?? I call shenanigans.

Dragoon44
10-16-2012, 11:30
Yeah...right. You mean to tell me that women can do all that ....from their kitchens?? I call shenanigans.

RussP
10-16-2012, 18:51
You guys are bad... :animlol: