I'm so happy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I'm so happy

Dalton Wayne
10-10-2012, 23:18
They finally broke ground on the new Wal-Mart a mile from my house, now I wont have to travel 15 miles each way to buy my ammo,
down side being I bet it takes them all of a year to build it,
It's been in the planing stage for four years, the road is put in, they are bulldozing the land to start the build.:cool:

Detectorist
10-10-2012, 23:26
Did you put in your application yet?

Dalton Wayne
10-10-2012, 23:39
Hell NO! I have a job I like, Wal-Mart won't let me open carry my gun like I do at my job :tongueout:

okie
10-11-2012, 07:16
Congrats on the Wal Mart, Douglas:thumbsup:

JBnTX
10-11-2012, 07:20
They finally broke ground on the new Wal-Mart a mile from my house,

Watch out for the increase in vehicle traffic.

Dalton Wayne
10-11-2012, 14:57
Watch out for the increase in vehicle traffic.
I'm hoping it brings more traffic into where I work.

BTW just how long does it take to build a wal=mart super center....

ignantmike
10-11-2012, 15:04
a year?.....maybe faster....oh, saw you are in florida......faster i think....

havensal
10-11-2012, 15:25
They have been telling us that Walmart is coming for years. Maybe there is still hope.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

RonS
10-11-2012, 15:38
You know that site, The People of Walmart? They are coming to your neighborhood too so you get the free floor show. :) Every lining has a silver iodine cloud. Or something like that.

Ours went up in less than a year after the lawsuits ended despite the main wall falling down in a thunderstorm before they got the trusses up.

I do like being able to buy ammo there, they are carrying Remington 115gr hp value packs now, much better than WWB which was my staple. And the Wrangler cargo pants in ripstop.

Foxterriermom
10-11-2012, 15:52
Are you so excited that you just can't hide it?
Are you about to lose control and think you like it?

Dennis in MA
10-12-2012, 08:00

BTW just how long does it take to build a wal=mart super center....

Not super-fast. A year is probably a good estimate.

John Rambo
10-12-2012, 08:03
Funny, I just sent an email to the zoning master and am going to a meeting Monday to object to a new Walmart being put in right near my house.

But then again, theres already 4 within a few miles...

Those things are getting out of control.

DairyFresh
10-12-2012, 08:31
Funny, I just sent an email to the zoning master and am going to a meeting Monday to object to a new Walmart being put in right near my house.

But then again, theres already 4 within a few miles...

Those things are getting out of control.

Oh, you are one of those.....

John Rambo
10-12-2012, 08:52

One of those who is happy with 4 Walmarts within a couple miles (literally) and doesn't want another unneeded one dropped in LITERALLY adjacent to neighborhoods with no buffer, so the good people of walmart can drive up crime levels and add noise, light, and physical pollution to the surrounding area?

Yeah, I'm one of those. You know what else we're called? Homeowners.

Jack23
10-12-2012, 13:29
Some people don't like WalMart. My daughter HATES them and won't go into one. If she even suspects that a gift came from there she'll give it right back to you. Me? I'm a WalMart kinda guy. I don't choose where I dine or where I shop based on any political issues or who I hate. Unlike my otherwise wonderful daughter I don't operate in the upper socio-economic level of society and I can't afford all them high-fallutin' principles. I gotta go where they have what I'm after and have it cheap. If I have to go more than 3 days without bein' in a WalMart I start to smell funny and my sparkin' personality begins to disappear.

Zonny
10-12-2012, 13:31

Most likely, it will have the opposite effect.

ilgunguygt
10-12-2012, 13:51
Yes, yes he is.

John Rambo
10-12-2012, 13:58
Yes, yes he is.

Do you even have a process to appeal these types of things in Illinois? Or do you just do what you're told by your local government over there?

Batesmotel
10-12-2012, 14:06
You know that site, The People of Walmart? They are coming to your neighborhood too so you get the free floor show. :) Every lining has a silver iodine cloud. Or something like that.

They should install bleachers and sell tickets. Especially the night before a science fiction/fantasy/comic book convention.

huskerbuttons
10-12-2012, 14:06
When I read the title I thought that you had finally evicted the freeloader and his broke down RV off of your property.

huskerbuttons
10-12-2012, 14:07
They should install bleachers and sell tickets. Especially the night before a science fiction/fantasy/comic book convention.

^^^^Or the first of the month.

DairyFresh
10-12-2012, 15:51
Do you even have a process to appeal these types of things in Illinois? Or do you just do what you're told by your local government over there?

I usually don't feel comfortable telling people what they can and cannot do with their own property. Because I wouldn't want them telling me what to do.

Your comfort is certainly more important than those jobs and infrastructure improvements anyway. Kudos.

John Rambo
10-12-2012, 18:08
I usually don't feel comfortable telling people what they can and cannot do with their own property. Because I wouldn't want them telling me what to do.

The only reason you don't live next door to an adult toy store and a coal refinery is because not everyone feels the same way as you. Consider that before you reply.

Your comfort is certainly more important than those jobs and infrastructure improvements anyway. Kudos.Infrastructure improvements? They want to put another streetlight on the part of Dale Mabry thats already some of the most horribly congested by streetlights. Then they want to build a Walmart and a 24 hour convenience store on Dale Mabry and a two-lane residential street to attract all the degenerates literally adjacent to houses with NO BUFFER when we've got a Walmart about 3 miles North, another Walmart about a mile South, another Walmart about 5 miles South, and another Walmart about 4 miles West.

These are our homes. We live in this area because we didn't want to live in the middle of the city. We like the light commercial businesses near us - the eateries, the small grocery stores, all of those things. If we want to go to Walmart, we can drive an extra mile and actually go to one. We don't want to live next to heavy commercial buildings. No sane human being would.

G17Jake
10-12-2012, 18:42
The only reason you don't live next door to an adult toy store and a coal refinery is because not everyone feels the same way as you. Consider that before you reply.

Infrastructure improvements? They want to put another streetlight on the part of Dale Mabry thats already some of the most horribly congested by streetlights. Then they want to build a Walmart and a 24 hour convenience store on Dale Mabry and a two-lane residential street to attract all the degenerates literally adjacent to houses with NO BUFFER when we've got a Walmart about 3 miles North, another Walmart about a mile South, another Walmart about 5 miles South, and another Walmart about 4 miles West.

These are our homes. We live in this area because we didn't want to live in the middle of the city. We like the light commercial businesses near us - the eateries, the small grocery stores, all of those things. If we want to go to Walmart, we can drive an extra mile and actually go to one. We don't want to live next to heavy commercial buildings. No sane human being would.

I wouldn't want to live too close to one either. One mile is plenty close.

ilgunguygt
10-12-2012, 18:52
Oooh, are we gonna have another Illinois bashing bout? Another idiot that thinks all of illinois is Chicago? Do we really need to go down that road? I am happy to give you an education of Illinois politics and explain everything you DONT know.

Sorry pal, I dont hate capitalism and I dont hate wal mart.

There is always an opportunity to speak out during the zoning phase and application phase at city council meetings. Most of us would rather have the tax money that comes into our town from it.

riverrat
10-12-2012, 20:29
I have come to accept wmart and they made me a bunch of money. Good price on gas at the Murphy USAs in the parking lot though. A necessary evil maybe?

Arquebus12
10-12-2012, 22:13
You ain't never heard of mail order ammo?

It's what I live for, personally...

jame
10-12-2012, 22:22
I go the reloading route.

Hella cheaper then even Walmart (I'm a caster, too.) and I can shoot the caliber I choose, rather than having to pick from the plain vanilla 9mm, 38, .357, .45 ACP flock.

I really can't say I blame him. From a private enterprise point of view, I'm all in.

I'm also OK with city planning and zoning to provide decent barriers between residential and high traffic retail. A strip joint in a strip mall just doesn't make a lot of sense.

John Rambo
10-12-2012, 22:47
Oooh, are we gonna have another Illinois bashing bout? Another idiot that thinks all of illinois is Chicago? Do we really need to go down that road? I am happy to give you an education of Illinois politics and explain everything you DONT know.

Sorry pal, I dont hate capitalism and I dont hate wal mart.

There is always an opportunity to speak out during the zoning phase and application phase at city council meetings. Most of us would rather have the tax money that comes into our town from it.

I tell you what I know.

You've got an FOID card.

Arquebus12
10-12-2012, 22:50
I go the reloading route.

Hella cheaper then even Walmart (I'm a caster, too.) and I can shoot the caliber I choose, rather than having to pick from the plain vanilla 9mm, 38, .357, .45 ACP flock.

I really can't say I blame him. From a private enterprise point of view, I'm all in.

I'm also OK with city planning and zoning to provide decent barriers between residential and high traffic retail. A strip joint in a strip mall just doesn't make a lot of sense.

You wont' save any money, but you'll be able to shoot more. Win-win.

jame
10-12-2012, 23:06
You wont' save any money, but you'll be able to shoot more. Win-win.

You got me on that one. No one seems to be giving away powder and primers.

I don't count my time as an expense, because I enjoy it. I can't encourage other shooters enough. You wouldn't believe the flexibility it affords.

Assuming I have supplies on hand, I can reload a box in the time it takes to run to the store.

Unless you have things planned out as you might, ordering online to keep stocks replenished….then you've got an edge on me there.

ilgunguygt
10-12-2012, 23:24
I tell you what I know.

You've got an FOID card.
Again, what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Grow up and quit whining about about how people use thier own property.

DairyFresh
10-13-2012, 00:32

I considered it. If I was in the market for affordable housing, I would be thankful that opportunity existed to live next to less desirable locations. Otherwise I would move, which it seems like the solution to your problems

Infrastructure improvements? They want to put another streetlight on the part of Dale Mabry thats already some of the most horribly congested by streetlights. Then they want to build a Walmart and a 24 hour convenience store on Dale Mabry and a two-lane residential street to attract all the degenerates literally adjacent to houses with NO BUFFER when we've got a Walmart about 3 miles North, another Walmart about a mile South, another Walmart about 5 miles South, and another Walmart about 4 miles West.

Early settlers had to get a huge wagon, horses, equipment, and all kinds of stuff together. They had to worry about disease, Indians, wild animals, injuries, getting lost, no services at all, roughing it completely, and THEY STILL MOVED. Shoot, all you have to do is call the damned moving company, but you would rather use the power of government to restrict others pursuits. Don't be surprised when people don't want you for a neighbor either.