Hiring shady characters for yard work [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hiring shady characters for yard work

Drain You
10-10-2012, 23:28
and paying them at the end of each day is a good way to have piles of **** laying all around, a fence taken apart over a week ago that still lay in pieces.

JUST SAYIN'

TKM
10-11-2012, 00:37
Good thing you got it straightened out on the first job.

:dunno:

Oh wait, 1000 posts in six months.

You and your horse.

D-E-F-E-N-S-E!
10-11-2012, 00:45
I thought GNG only ridiculed for low post count...mind blown.

jeager
10-11-2012, 01:11
Good way to have your harp playin' daughter kidnapped, too!

Geeorge
10-11-2012, 04:03
I would have only given them a job that they could finish in one day

Probably would have done better using mexicans

Psychman
10-11-2012, 04:50
Next time let them use your bathroom when they ask.

HerrGlock
10-11-2012, 05:05
Next time let them use your bathroom when they ask.

If they're shady characters then perhaps it's not a good idea to ever invite them in.

Once you've invited them in they're welcome across the threshold

Psychman
10-11-2012, 05:13
If they're shady characters then perhaps it's not a good idea to ever invite them in.

Once you've invited them in they're welcome across the threshold

Kind of like vampires?

skew12
10-11-2012, 05:17
Seems like a piss-poor idea to me. I hope unfinished work is the least of your worries

Bren
10-11-2012, 05:21
and paying them at the end of each day is a good way to have piles of **** laying all around, a fence taken apart over a week ago that still lay in pieces.

JUST SAYIN'

Could be worse - my wife's grandmother hired a non-shady seeming college student to do yard work in 2007. She ended up firing a shot at hime when he came back in through a door he left unlocked, later that night, apparently trying to steal the cash she had in her purse, that she paid him from.

paul45
10-11-2012, 05:28
JUST SAYIN'

Intentionally hiring "shady characters".:upeyes::wow:

That is about the most foolish, stupid, no mind, dumb as a rock thing I could imagine doing to myself or my family.

HerrGlock
10-11-2012, 05:44
Kind of like vampires?

Well he did say shady...

Halojumper
10-11-2012, 06:06
If you're hiring shady characters, perhaps they should be restricted to working on the trees.

MARKDANIEL
10-11-2012, 06:16
That worked well for my Aunt. He came back that night broke into her house and robbed her.

Drain You
10-11-2012, 09:25
Good thing you got it straightened out on the first job.

:dunno:

Oh wait, 1000 posts in six months.

You and your horse.

Did they speak English in the country you were born in?

I did not hire these people. Just an observation I'm making on someones yard that did hire "some guys" her son knew. They've shown up a few times, instead of cutting down a big tree then doing away with it, they've got random trees partially cut up all around the yard.

Took down the back fence that was used daily for dogs to go outside, cut down a tree so it could fall there, cut up the tree about 80% of the way and then moved on to the next tree, fence still in pieces.

I'm just scratching my head. Seems they left for a few days because there was a payment discrepancy. I asked what that had to do with them taking down the fence first thing and not putting it back up the next 3 days they were working, no reply.

coastal4974
10-11-2012, 09:34
Itís also a great way to lose everything you have when one of them gets hurt on your property. They may not know how to finish the job but they know all about how to sue you blind.

Never hire anyone to work on your property that doesnít carry their own insurance.

CitizenOfDreams
10-11-2012, 09:39
There are only two ways to do something right.
- Do it yourself (if you have the tools and the skills);
- Motivate a professional (if you know how to find one who has the tools and the skills).

There are numerous ways to do something very wrong; hiring shady characters is just one of them.

PBCounty
10-11-2012, 09:46
I do it but it's a sexual thing...not really worried about the quality of the work. As long as they're sweating in the sun and they tolerate me yelling at them then I'm happy.

badge315
10-11-2012, 10:59
If you're going to have characters like that work on your property, you need to properly supervise them...preferably from the back of a horse, with a shotgun in hand, while wearing mirrored sunglasses.

Cali-Glock
10-11-2012, 11:43
Hire a licensed and bonded company of good reputation.