White House calls for gun bans on their official website.... Again. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : White House calls for gun bans on their official website.... Again.

TheJ
10-11-2012, 03:05
Like they did when they first came into the White House, the administration again calls for gun bans on their website.

http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda

<scroll down about 80% down and look at the last thing under "Crime and Law Enforcement">

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

1)The first statement is a lie as law enforcement ALREADY have access to trace info for investigations. The restrictions are only on access to it for OTHER purposes. So reducing the restriction would allow antigunners to use info for their agenda.
2) I'm sure they just want "common sense" gun control. :upeyes:
3) Mandating childproof guns is something ONLY an ignorant non-gun person would advocate and scares the poop out of me.
4) Of course the "assault weapon" Ban.. Because it prevented so much crime the first time..:upeyes:

For all the people who lie to themselves and cling to the D talking point that Obama isn't really against 2nd Amendment here is the proof.
I guess since this is now a base-election they have given up trying to keep faking support for the 2A

Bren
10-11-2012, 04:59
I have never doubted it. The only thing holding them back is the political mood of the majority of potential voters, on gun issues.

JBnTX
10-11-2012, 06:21
I have never doubted it. The only thing holding them back is the political mood of the majority of potential voters, on gun issues.

:thumbsup::agree:

pugman
10-11-2012, 06:41
I for one welcome this proposal 100%*

*Because it seems the only thing now a days which motivates anyone are end results. Want proof? There are approximately 4 million NRA members but 80 million firearm owners in this country. The NRA is far from perfect…but right now they are the best we have. O proposes a true firearm ban and the NRA’s numbers would grow ten fold overnight.

If O came out claiming what he really wanted it might be enough for people to realize the Fed is nothing short of a legalized mob.

I don't have children but have a lot of nieces and nephews ranging in age from still in the womb to 14. There is no such thing as childproof – try locking up their Halloween candy once and see how long it lasts. I also notice in the quote about addressing gun violence there isn’t anything as it relates to crime? I propose a little experiment – use a gun in a crime get 25 years in prison, no parole, internet, T.V…and its hard labor. Shoot someone…get 40 years….kill someone get the death penalty.

Unfortunately for firearm owners we are generally our own worst enemies.

CitizenOfDreams
10-11-2012, 06:55
I also notice in the quote about addressing gun violence there isn’t anything as it relates to crime? I propose a little experiment – use a gun in a crime get 25 years in prison, no parole, internet, T.V…and its hard labor. Shoot someone…get 40 years….kill someone get the death penalty.

We already have laws with fancy names like "10-20-life". Like other "automatic" laws, they mostly affect good people like this lady who fired a warning shot at her abusive husband:

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-05-21/story/experts-floridas-10-20-life-empowers-prosecutors-handcuffs-judges-juries

TheJ
10-11-2012, 07:17
I just am still a little surprised they put this out there considering how "under the radar" they have tried to be. I mean I get that this is turning into a base election but still I am curious what the calculation they made on this is.

4Rules
10-11-2012, 08:03

<scroll down about 80% down and look at the last thing under "Crime and Law Enforcement">

People who are voting for gun rights are already voting Republican.

People who would vote against gun rights need a reason not to vote Republican.

With this statement, the White House can't lose any support, but they might gain some.

Gundude
10-11-2012, 08:26
Like they did when they first came into the White House, the administration again calls for gun bans on their website.

1)The first statement is a lie as law enforcement ALREADY have access to trace info for investigations. The restrictions are only on access to it for OTHER purposes. So reducing the restriction would allow antigunners to use info for their agenda.
2) I'm sure they just want "common sense" gun control. :upeyes:
3) Mandating childproof guns is something ONLY an ignorant non-gun person would advocate and scares the poop out of me.
4) Of course the "assault weapon" Ban.. Because it prevented so much crime the first time..:upeyes:

For all the people who lie to themselves and cling to the D talking point that Obama isn't really against 2nd Amendment here is the proof.
I guess since this is now a base-election they have given up trying to keep faking support for the 2AI don't know that any non-delusional person thinks Obama is anything but anti-2A. Nothing in that proposal is defensible, and the "childproof gun" thing is testament to the idiocy that backs up that entire proposal.

That said though, it's going to be up to congress to not send any anti-gun bills to the White House over the next four years, no matter who is sitting there. Anybody who would stake anything on what Romney's true intentions are is foolish. The thought of Democrats regaining congress at Romney's midterm (which is a pretty common occurence, congress switching away from the party of the White House holder) is scary. In contrast, congress has never switched to the party of the White House holder, so the odds are overwhelming that republicans will keep congress during the remainder of Obama's presidency.

Zombie Surgeon
10-11-2012, 08:42
Trusting Obama will not push for gun control in his second term is a sure manifestation of severe mental retardation.

John Rambo
10-11-2012, 08:45
If Obama comes back in with nothing to lose you can bet your bottom dollar he'll gut the 2A. We have got to get Romney voted in. Thats just all there is to it.

aircarver
10-11-2012, 08:45
& I call for a ban on Democrats .... again ! .....:supergrin:

Gundude
10-11-2012, 09:10
If Obama comes back in with nothing to lose you can bet your bottom dollar he'll gut the 2A. We have got to get Romney voted in. Thats just all there is to it.You give the man a lot of credit for being able to accomplish things. What is that based on?

He barely squeaked Obamacare by when democrats had full control of congress. His next most egregious accomplishment was "amnesty" by refusing to enforce part of immigration law.

He doesn't have congress anymore, and how is he going to gut the 2A by executive order? The more laws Obama (or any administration) refuses to enforce, the better IMO.

FFR Spyder GT
10-11-2012, 09:12
Gee,

I was just at the real "official" White House website and couldn't find the statement that the OP posted.

Here's a link to the real "official" White House website......

http://www.whitehouse.gov/?d=w

Maybe someone can find the "story" that the OP was talking about and poi t it out for me.

John Rambo
10-11-2012, 09:16
You give the man a lot of credit for being able to accomplish things. What is that based on?

He barely squeaked Obamacare by when democrats had full control of congress. His next most egregious accomplishment was "amnesty" by refusing to enforce part of immigration law.

He doesn't have congress anymore, and how is he going to gut the 2A by executive order? The more laws Obama (or any administration) refuses to enforce, the better IMO.

He has already demonstrated a complete lack of respect for the authority of SCOTUS, a willingness to do whatever he wants and continue to do so until forced to stop, and a desire to circumvent the due process of our government by any means possible.

That makes him very, very dangerous.

JFrame
10-11-2012, 09:26
Putting restrictions on the 2A is part of the Democrat Party 2012 platform:

Firearms. We recognize that the individual right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation. We understand the terrible consequences of gun violence; it serves as a reminder that life is fragile, and our time here is limited and precious. We believe in an honest, open national conversation about firearms. We can focus on effective enforcement of existing laws, especially strengthening our background check system, and we can work together to enact commonsense improvements—like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole—so that guns do not fall into the hands of those irresponsible, law-breaking few.

http://www.democrats.org/democratic-national-platform

Every Democrat has ascribed to this as a goal. There's not even a discussion on the matter.

Acujeff
10-11-2012, 09:30
You give the man a lot of credit for being able to accomplish things. What is that based on?

As Obama supporters you and Spyder must really like Obama's record of:

Fast and Furious and the subsequent cover-up (the biggest criminal political scandal in American history), which lead to orders registering gun purchases in the four southern border states, using the ATF to harass gun shops out of business and promoting the UN Gun Ban Treaty.

Obama also appointed two anti-RKBA Supreme Court Justices and 125 anti-RKBA liberals to federal judgeships, including 25 to appellate courts.

Under an expansion of the civil forfeiture doctrine, Obama has just given the ATF the power to seize your firearms if they choose to, without due process, and even if you are not under investigation. Under Obama’s new decree, if the ATF says they are going to confiscate your firearms, they can.

The draft cybersecurity order, which would place all activities on the Internet under the jurisdiction of the DHS, included gun control language, encouraged by Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY). When that cybersecurity bill didn’t pass, Obama began drafting one of his own, which he plans to introduce by Executive Order, … will that EO contain limits on our Second Amendment right to bear arms?

I bet Gundude and Spyder can't wait what he'll do if he gets a second term. In the very least, more regulations and executive orders governing every aspect of gun and ammo ownership and commerce, lots more proposed gun control legislation and anti-gun judges and up to four more anti-gun Supreme Court justices. Obama and the Democrats are campaigning on re-instating the AWB, banning gun shows and private gun transfers and sales, and regulating ammo purchases.

It's up to gun owners to make sure we are not scammed into giving Obama another term.

Gundude
10-11-2012, 10:01
I bet Gundude and Spyder can't wait what he'll do if he gets a second term. In the very least, more regulations and executive orders governing every aspect of gun and ammo ownership and commerce, lots more proposed gun control legislation and anti-gun judges and up to four more anti-gun Supreme Court justices. Obama and the Democrats are campaigning on re-instating the AWB, banning gun shows and private gun transfers and sales, and regulating ammo purchases.

It's up to gun owners to make sure we are not scammed into giving Obama another term.The Republican congress is going to propose gun legislation if Obama wins? Obama will nominate up to six SC justices during his eight years?

Who exactly are you attempting to frighten with these random unsubstantiated rants?

Gundude
10-11-2012, 10:04
He has already demonstrated a complete lack of respect for the authority of SCOTUS, a willingness to do whatever he wants and continue to do so until forced to stop, and a desire to circumvent the due process of our government by any means possible.

That makes him very, very dangerous.If he was smart, aggressive, and competent I would agree.

He is none of those things.

jeanderson
10-11-2012, 10:06
I just am still a little surprised they put this out there considering how "under the radar" they have tried to be. I mean I get that this is turning into a base election but still I am curious what the calculation they made on this is.

They have to throw a bone to the gun control idiots. Obama has to show the left he's there for them, you know.

Acujeff
10-11-2012, 10:59
The Republican congress is going to propose gun legislation if Obama wins? Obama will nominate up to six SC justices during his eight years?

Who exactly are you attempting to frighten with these random unsubstantiated rants?

You are right Gundude. Four US Supreme Court Justices (Scalia, Kennedy, Breyer and Ginsburg) will be 80 or older, and two, Thomas and Alito above 65, by the end of Obama's second term. He could likely appoint up to 6 more Justices if he is re-elected - all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come. An anti-2A Court would be free to re-define and dismantle the RKBA out of existence. The current anti-2A Justices have already stated their intention to do exactly that.

Obama appointed anti-Second Amendment Justices, Sotomayor and Kagan. Given the opportunity he will do it again. All they need is one more like minded Justice to get a majority of five anti’s and implement their stated agenda through the courts.

If that happens we’ll never see a pro-RKBA victory again in our lifetime.

There are already more RKBA cases headed to the Supreme Court involving the private right of armed self-defense outside the home and the heavy restrictions in places like Chicago and Washington DC.

Notice how Obama supporters like Gundude and Spyder do not dispute or defend Obama awful record?

Bren
10-11-2012, 11:29

If he was smart, aggressive, and competent I would agree.

He is none of those things.

So you argue in this thread that he is completely ineffective (and you wouldn't be the first to compare him to Jimmy Carter). Yet you also seem to be an Obama supporter in other threads. Do you just want to vote for the black guy, or what? Brucev, is that you changing sides again?:rofl:

Bren
10-11-2012, 11:33
The Republican congress is going to propose gun legislation if Obama wins? Obama will nominate up to six SC justices during his eight years?

Why does he need 6? We were only 1 vote away from losing the entire second amendment when they voted on Heller. Having him nominate/appoint 1 is plenty.

RWBlue
10-11-2012, 12:07
Bump because it is important issue for the election.

4Rules
10-11-2012, 12:52
Gee, I was just at the real "official" White House website and couldn't find the statement that the OP posted. Here's a link to the real "official" White House website......
http://www.whitehouse.gov/?d=w
Maybe someone can find the "story" that the OP was talking about and poi t it out for me.

If you go to the http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda website that the OP quoted, then scroll to the bottom, and select ABOUT THIS SITE/CONTACT (http://change.gov/about/contact). you get this:
About

Thank you for your interest in contacting us. Starting on the afternoon of January 20th, we encourage you to visit the Contact page at WhiteHouse.gov.
All postal mail should now be sent to:
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

http://change.gov/about/contact (http://change.gov/about/contact)

Gundude
10-11-2012, 12:58
You are right Gundude. Four US Supreme Court Justices (Scalia, Kennedy, Breyer and Ginsburg) will be 80 or older, and two, Thomas and Alito above 65, by the end of Obama's second term. He could likely appoint up to 6 more Justices if he is re-elected - all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come. An anti-2A Court would be free to re-define and dismantle the RKBA out of existence. The current anti-2A Justices have already stated their intention to do exactly that.

Obama appointed anti-Second Amendment Justices, Sotomayor and Kagan. Given the opportunity he will do it again. All they need is one more like minded Justice to get a majority of five anti’s and implement their stated agenda through the courts.

If that happens we’ll never see a pro-RKBA victory again in our lifetime.

There are already more RKBA cases headed to the Supreme Court involving the private right of armed self-defense outside the home and the heavy restrictions in places like Chicago and Washington DC.

Notice how Obama supporters like Gundude and Spyder do not dispute or defend Obama awful record?Of course I don't defend Obama's record. Trying to defend an indefensible record on gun control would make someone look like an idiot, wouldn't it? :whistling: Look in the mirror real quick

Less idiotic would be to admit that the person who is going to win in November has an anti-2A record, and vote for congresscritters who won't send a gun ban to him.

Less idiotic still would be to refrain from suggesting Alito might retire after less than 10 years on the bench. Justices time their retirements to maintain the balance of the court. That's realty. The only way that'd change is if they're incapable of holding out due to health reasons. The only one who will be older than 80 during Obama's term is Ginsburg, and Obama replacing her won't change a thing.

Breyer will not turn 80 before Obama is gone, that's flat out wrong. Scalia and Kennedy will only turn 80 in Obama's last year. And Ginsburg is a liberal.

Your "four" justices is down to maybe 1 liberal. Throwing in Thomas and Alito just shows how desperate you are.

FFR Spyder GT
10-11-2012, 13:22
As Obama supporters you and Spyder must really like Obama's record of:

I bet Gundude and Spyder can't wait what he'll do if he gets a second term.

It's up to gun owners to make sure we are not scammed into giving Romney a term in office. .

I'm not an Obama supporter. Plus I fixed your post.

If you go to the http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda website that the OP quoted, then scroll to the bottom, and select ABOUT THIS SITE/CONTACT (http://change.gov/about/contact). you get this:

This link does NOT take you to the real "official" White House website.

Gundude
10-11-2012, 13:29
Why does he need 6? We were only 1 vote away from losing the entire second amendment when they voted on Heller. Having him nominate/appoint 1 is plenty.... unless the one he's replacing is one who voted against Heller, in which case it won't change a thing.

I'd rather Scalia's, Kennedy's, and Breyer's replacements get appointed by the person who comes after Obama in 2017 rather than by Romney. Who knows, that person might actually be pro-2A.

If Romney gets in we won't have the possibility of a pro-2A prez until at least 2021. It'll either be Romney for 2 terms or Romney followed by a Democrat.

Gunnut 45/454
10-11-2012, 14:50
Wow what a surprise! Not! Liberterians for gun control!! Yea go vote for Garry Johnson ie Obamamoa!:steamed: Now lets here you say your vote doesn't count Liberterians! Are you going to vote against the COTUS?

TheJ
10-17-2012, 04:03
Obama openly admitted in the debate last night that he wants the AWB to be brought back.

Clutch Cargo
10-17-2012, 05:50
Gun bans are nothing more than treason.

Sam Spade
10-17-2012, 06:09

I don't believe you.

Does anyone?

JFrame
10-17-2012, 06:16
I don't believe you.

Does anyone?

Hmmm...Let's put it this way...How many non-Obama supporters do we know who accuse everyone voting for Romney of being racist?

How can anyone that's a gun owner, a Veteran or a Christian support Romney?

Oh, that's right....... because Obama is black.

aircarver
10-17-2012, 06:22
Hmmm...Let's put it this way...How many non-Obama supporters do we know who accuse everyone voting for Romney of being racist?

Busted ! ...... Again ! ..........:supergrin:

HexHead
10-17-2012, 06:24
Obama openly admitted in the debate last that he wants the AWB to be brought back.

I was surprised he actually said that.

cowboy1964
10-17-2012, 06:26
Really surprised they aren't going after ammo based on EPA regs or new taxes. Seems like that would be much easier to get done.

aircarver
10-17-2012, 06:28
Really surprised they aren't going after ammo based on EPA regs or new taxes. Seems like that would be much easier to get done.

...But not as 'symbolic' ..... :upeyes:

kirgi08
10-17-2012, 09:52
Kinda funny,after the debate our local libs are absent.'08. :animlol:

Zombie Surgeon
10-17-2012, 10:11

You are a pathological liar.

stevelyn
10-17-2012, 12:47

Actually his thugs have tried that route through the EPA.

series1811
10-17-2012, 15:11
I'm not an Obama supporter.

I don't believe you.

Does anyone?

No, not really. :supergrin:

GAFinch
10-17-2012, 15:27
I was surprised he actually said that.

He's seen the unfiltered, internal polling showing a landslide victory for Romney...he has nothing to lose.

Glock26z
10-17-2012, 18:13
Bleep!!!!!!!!!

TheJ
02-05-2013, 04:32
Guess this doesn't seem so tin foil hat now....

What happen to all the Obama-isn't-really-anti-gun people?

CitizenOfDreams
02-05-2013, 09:26

They are in some other thread, talking about something else that "couldn't happen here".

series1811
02-05-2013, 10:12
They are in some other thread, talking about something else that "couldn't happen here".

Ain't that the truth.

Acujeff
02-05-2013, 11:05

They'll be back next election cycle to blame Republicans for gun control and the problems the Democrats created for the country.