VP debate tonight.... place your bets! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : VP debate tonight.... place your bets!

Atlas
10-11-2012, 06:14
Ryan or Biden?

GreenDrake
10-11-2012, 06:23
Ryan is going to clean Biden's clock.

jdavionic
10-11-2012, 06:28
I think it will be a nasty debate. However I don't expect Ryan to lose.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

JBnTX
10-11-2012, 06:32
I want to hear the democrat excuses tomorrow morning as they try to defend Biden's embarrassing performance.

Fox
10-11-2012, 06:34
Biden will be aggressive, he will bring up his blue collar roots and play the class warfare card.

Ryan is a wonk, he will have the facts and numbers, but he might bore the audience.

Rabid Rabbit
10-11-2012, 06:36
Dunno, four years ago Biden surprised everyone by not screwing up. I guess he could focus on performing for an hour that or they found a body double for the debate.

Psychman
10-11-2012, 06:44
Dunno, four years ago Biden surprised everyone by not screwing up. I guess he could focus on performing for an hour that or they found a body double for the debate.

Yes, but look who he was debating then.

All we need is a draw, but I think if Ryan stays on message and doesnt let Biden get away with his usual crap statements he will win.

oldgraywolf
10-11-2012, 07:01
I think Ryan is the cooler, more rational, better informed of the two. I look for Biden to make plays on emotion using "facts" about Ryan's proposed budget cuts. Many like to portray Biden as a bumbling idiot, but he really isn't. I don't expect him to demolish Ryan like he did Palin, but I also don't expect Ryan to run away with it.

ETA: There's always the possibility (probability) of a major gaffe from Biden, much less from Ryan.

frank4570
10-11-2012, 07:04
I'm not betting. The last presidential debate proved I have no freaking idea what to expect.

okie
10-11-2012, 07:09
Ryan is going to mop the floor with biden, then kick his ass for leaving a waxy yellow build up:rofl::rofl:

jdavionic
10-11-2012, 07:20
Ryan is going to mop the floor with biden, then kick his ass for leaving a waxy yellow build up:rofl::rofl:

I always like your colorful way of expressing an opinion.

raven11
10-11-2012, 07:21
Biden is going to look like a rambling old man, and Ryan is going sweep the floor - like a party reverse of the Kennedy- Nixon debate

John Rambo
10-11-2012, 07:28
Biden is a stumbling, bumbling idiot. I'll be amazed if he stands up on the stage and is actually lucid.

Ian Moone
10-11-2012, 07:37
It won't be a slam dunk, but Ryan will win by a field goal. Biden is a very experienced Washington veteran and will play politics to the max. Ryan will pull off the win with his sincere conviction to change the country for the better and with his presentation of irresputable facts.

coastal4974
10-11-2012, 08:40
Ryan was mean and lied, Joe was affected by the altitude.

The stories are ready to roll, they just need to plug in a few specifics to make it look good.

bocaboca
10-11-2012, 09:04
Biden is going to spend all night defending his boss's inability to move the country in the right direction.
I dont think he will be able to get on the offensive.....there's just too much Ryan can attack him with....

Its not going to be a Smack Down.....but it will show that Ryan can hold his own....and then some.

czsmithGT
10-11-2012, 09:05
Biden will be upbeat and energetic. He will spout a lot of nonsense. He can bluff his way through a debate especially with a moderator who is in the tank for the Democrats. He will attack but try his best to not come across as an ill-tempered bully. He will probably make some gaffs but that won't matter because everyone expects that.

Ryan will be lower key and straight forward. He will have a lot of facts. I don't really know anything about his actual debating skills.

When it is over, all the analysts and talking heads except for most of the ones on Fox will declare Biden won handily and Ryan lied. I doubt either campaign will get much of a boost or be hurt much by the debate results.

LASTRESORT20
10-11-2012, 09:09

okie has it right....:supergrin:

Zombie Surgeon
10-11-2012, 09:11
Biden will put out a stellar performance tonight:

http://youtu.be/NmRXH7RkCZQ

Diesel McBadass
10-11-2012, 09:19
im betting my wings and beer will be delicious and ill thouroughly enjoy this thing

Glotin
10-11-2012, 09:31
Paul Ryan -vs- President Obama Debate - YouTube

vs

Joe Biden Indian American Full comment - YouTube

My money is on Ryan.

ChuteTheMall
10-11-2012, 09:32
Normally, I would agree that the media already has the script ready to report how Biden won; that's what I expected last week but it didn't happen.

Romney so obviously beat Obama that the media had to admit it, and it took them several days to coordinate any spin at all.

Tonight I expect "young" Rep. Paul Ryan (R, WI) with his 14 years experience in Congress, (plus his prior years as speechwriter and aide to 3 legislators,) to suddenly impress a huge audience with the fact that at almost 43, he's the same age as young millionaire John F. Kennedy was on election day.

Crazy Joe Biden will turn 70 next month, just a little older than Ronald Reagan when he was first elected as our oldest President.
:fred:

Since history has shown that since JFK, only Obama was elected President without first proving himself as either a Governor or a Vice President, many viewers will be watching the VP debate to see who might be next in line to become President.

I think tonight's debate will benefit Ryan far more than Biden, no matter what the media says or does.

Biden has to defend Obama's miserable failures, Ryan merely has to attack them.

I also predict that Biden will experience a third brain aneurism on stage during the debate, causing his hair plugs to fall out and he'll drop the 'F' bomb and blurt out the 'N' word, but somehow it will be Ryan's fault.
:elephant:

BuckeyePPC
10-11-2012, 09:39
Is anyone worried the moderator and her husband are friends of the President ?

Roering
10-11-2012, 09:52
What is the over/under on how many times Biden utters the word "Scranton"?

Little Joe
10-11-2012, 10:03
Ryan needs to avoid letting the moderator control him.

Brucev
10-11-2012, 10:19
Ryan or Biden?

Ryan. Biden is an old man. His thinking processes, never his strong point, are aged. He is an old man out of time.

Detectorist
10-11-2012, 10:34
It doesn't matter who 'wins'. For over 50% of the electorate it's 'likability' that's important. Biden scores well in that department.

What Ryan doesn't want to do is make Biden out to be a 'victim' in the debate.

certifiedfunds
10-11-2012, 11:05
Yeah, I don't think it will even be close. Whether or not Biden shows up sober, he's out matched against Ryan.

mgs
10-11-2012, 11:07
The best thing Biden could do for Barry is to plead the 5th on all questions. He has nothing good to say after 4 years of zero progress and no fiscal plan but go bankrupt.

rick458
10-11-2012, 11:13
Hopefully Biden will get on a roll and let it (get good to him) and go all Joe Biden and loose a chains or equal statement before 80 million people

mgs
10-11-2012, 11:22
Yeah, I don't think it will even be close. Whether or not Biden shows up sober, he's out matched against Ryan.

Sarah Palin even kicked his ass!

Fishawk
10-11-2012, 11:22
Life is hard even harder when your stupid. VP Biden will prove that tonight.

G29Reload
10-11-2012, 11:48

This. Biden, for all his goofiness is a vicious hit man.

Those in doubt, go to marklevinshow.com and download the .mp3 of last nights show.

Hopefully Ryan has been warned and prepped accordingly.

Joe Biden is not a "nice guy". He's a prick and Ryan needs to be on his toes.

More than enough chance for a Ryan win. Biden doesn't either have the truth or a record on his side.

Ayman al Zawahiri is Alive, and GM is on life support. That ought to be Ryan's retort.

We bought into GM in the 50's and its now in the 20's; the Volt costs 80k a copy and are selling for under 40k. You can't stay in business doing stuff like that.

vart
10-11-2012, 12:02
It won't be a slam dunk, but Ryan will win by a field goal. Biden is a very experienced Washington veteran and will play politics to the max. Ryan will pull off the win with his sincere conviction to change the country for the better and with his presentation of irresputable facts.

Ditto...

Diesel McBadass
10-11-2012, 12:16
im hoping for some funny biden bloopers

Ive seen Paul Ryan speak a bunch and he always seems calm, biden will come across as a jerk and Ryan will just say the facts and win

stevelyn
10-11-2012, 12:40
Biden is going to have his ass handed to him. Democraps are incapable of using facts or even being honest and operate on emotion only. Look at how they have been dwelling on the Big Bird theme. They got nuthin'.

Ryan has facts on his side and is smarter than Biden. Besides, he's a bowhunter and has a level of patience and discipline that most democraps I've known lack.

czsmithGT
10-11-2012, 13:59
Is anyone worried the moderator and her husband are friends of the President ?

I don't know if the moderator is friends with Obama or not. She divorced the guy in 1997 who went to her wedding as he was Obama's classmate and later political aid and appointee as FCC chairman. Doubt that means much. I would be more concerned that she is part of the biased liberal media establishment.

Bilbo Bagins
10-11-2012, 14:06
Ryan or Biden?

Young Athletic Fighter vs Crazy old guy

My money is on the young guy, but Crazy Old Guy may have a few trick up his sleeve.

We need to have a drinking game for this Debate.

Everytime Biden says something off the wall - Drink

Everytime Ryan has a "WTF" look - Drink

SC Tiger
10-11-2012, 14:09
Were I a Vegas oddsmaker, I wouldn't take bets on this. The outcome is almost inevitible.

Biden's best chance is to bribe the moderator, or crack Ryan over the head with a baseball bat before the debate.

Bren
10-11-2012, 14:12
Biden will be aggressive, he will bring up his blue collar roots and play the class warfare card.

But will he be making those crazy "I'm auditioning to play the Joker in the next Batman move" faces? I hate those.

Fox
10-11-2012, 14:29
Biden is going to play the class warfare card by going into his blue collar roots, then he will go on to say that Democrats are looking out for the little guy and that the "Country Club Republicans" only care about wealthy 1%.

He will use his charm and people will find him likeable. Someone they might want to share a beer with.

Biden has been coached and prepped for this debate. As long as he stays to the script written by his handlers then he will be formidable. I hope he goes off the script and ad libs, that is where he will make the sort of gaffes that we know him for.

CanMan
10-11-2012, 14:59
I hope Joe Blow comes down with a temporary case of Tourette's tonight and pops a cork!

porschedog
10-11-2012, 15:10
Debbie Whatshername Schultz and her assistants better known as CNN and MSNBC say no need to watch, Uncle Joe will win easily.

fnfalman
10-11-2012, 15:11
I didn't bother with the presidential debate, but I'd watch this one just to see what sort of idiotic crap Biden is going to spew tonight.

jdavionic
10-11-2012, 15:12
Debbie Whatshername Schultz and her assistants better known as CNN and MSNBC say no need to watch, Uncle Joe will win easily.

She's so hot!

BSA70
10-11-2012, 15:32
I don't think it will be as decisive as the first debate. I don't expect ryan to lose but it may be close to even. Then again, biden could screw up. With the comments and gaffs he has recently made, it makes me wonder if old age is affecting his performance. IF that is the case tonight, Biden will look really bad.

ignantmike
10-11-2012, 15:43
ryan will chew him up.......

Drjones
10-11-2012, 16:28
Honestly, tonight's going to be a total slaughter.

I knew zero was not going to fare well against Romney, and boy did I underestimate how badly it was going to go for hussein; after the first debate there's talk that he's lost the election - and there are still two more to go!

He got beat that badly, as we all know.

Anyhow, the biden/Ryan debate is going to be one for the history books. Ryan is one of the sharpest tools in the shed and a real "policy wonk." (I hate that phrase, but it's accurate).

Biden is a hotheaded idiot who's dumber than the bricks the shed is made out of. He's proven himself over the years to be a reactive loudmouth and regardless of the planning, grooming & practicing, his ego is going to get the best of him like it always does.

Just spend a few minutes watching video clips of the dumb things he says in speeches & to the general public; that side of him is going to be in rare form tonight.

certifiedfunds
10-11-2012, 16:52

I knew zero was not going to fare well against Romney, and boy did I underestimate how badly it was going to go for hussein; after the first debate there's talk that he's lost the election - and there are still two more to go!

Anyhow, the biden/Ryan debate is going to be one for the history books. Ryan is one of the sharpest tools in the shed and a real "policy wonk." (I hate that phrase, but it's accurate).

Biden is a hotheaded idiot who's dumber than the bricks the shed is made out of. He's proven himself over the years to be a reactive loudmouth and regardless of the planning, grooming & practicing, his ego is going to get the best of him like it always does.

Just spend a few minutes watching video clips of the dumb things he says in speeches & to the general public; that side of him is going to be in rare form tonight.

I heard Biden described as a good retail politician. I think that's pretty accurate.

Glock&KimberLady
10-11-2012, 17:51

I see what you did there. :rofl:

Biden is going to come up with some memes of his own in this debate, to be sure.

tsmo1066
10-11-2012, 18:14
Expectations have been set so low around Biden and so high with respect to Ryan that all Biden will have to do is show up and pronounce his own name correctly for it to be percieved as a "victory".

As long as Biden doesn't screw up on an epic scale (which IS a possibility), the pundits will say "Hmmm. Biden managed to hold his own against Ryan" and that will go down as score for the Dems.

Ryan's best bet is to be cordial, likeable, confident and accurate with his facts...then hope Biden gets flustered and starts tripping over his own tongue.

aplcr0331
10-11-2012, 18:19
On CNN the poll on who is going to win stands at 58% for Biden and 42% for Ryan.

Drilled
10-11-2012, 18:20
Biteme is a moron...it has taken him almost 10 days to prepare for this debate.

Ryan is smart and knowledgeable he will get the dummocRAT early on.

No teleprompter no ability to even keep pace with the young guy.

Dragoon189
10-11-2012, 18:28
Ryan or Biden?

I really could use a good laugh, so I just hope Biden just acts like Biden :upeyes:.

Rabid Rabbit
10-11-2012, 18:37
If biden doesn't go catatonic and pass out or stark raving mad while stripping while shouting I'm not wearing pants the libs will declare biden the winner, otherwise its a tie but Ryan lied.

itisbruno
10-11-2012, 19:26
biden acts like an angry old man

garander
10-11-2012, 19:49
biden has been laughing the whole time while ryan speaks. i dont think that tactic will go over too well. he looks bad doing it.

raven11
10-11-2012, 19:53
I don't know who Ryan is debating , the VP or the moderator who has to interject her "opinion" after every comment

tsmo1066
10-11-2012, 19:55
How are things going, overall? I'm not able to watch at the moment.

Restless28
10-11-2012, 19:58
I don't know who Ryan is debating , the VP or the moderator who has to interject her "opinion" after every comment

Ditto. The fix is in.

byf43
10-11-2012, 19:58
Every time Joe Biden speaks, laughs, makes that 'smirk' that he does, I can't help but be reminded of "Walter".

Spittin' image.

Jeff Dunham must have used Biden as the model for Walter.

Fox184
10-11-2012, 19:59
This debate is a joke. The moderator will not take control of the debate and Biden keeps interrupting Ryan and the moderator keeps interrupting Ryan.

Biden is acting so unprofessional that it is making him look very bad. He has no defense so he is using mockery. What a ****** bag.

Bow Commander
10-11-2012, 20:03
I can't stand Joe but he seems to be holding his own, even though he keeps grinning like an idiot. Ryan nees to hold his ground and stop Joe from interrupting.

CBennett
10-11-2012, 20:04
i had to turn it off ZZZZZZZzzzzzz

raven11
10-11-2012, 20:04

It's going pretty good considering Ryan is being attacked by Biden and the " moderator " he is standing his ground and every time a point is made the moderator moves to the next subject

tsmo1066
10-11-2012, 20:06
If the public perceives that the moderator was flagrantly biased, that won't do Biden any favors.

Bilbo Bagins
10-11-2012, 20:07

Honestly Biden knows his stuff and is doing a better job then Obama did. Biden is a seasoned political veteran. There are slight peeks of Crazy Joe but so far he is keeping it under control. Biden has also had a few senior moments studdered a few times. What is coming out is the over the top partisanship and he is trying to overtalk and bully Ryan.

Ryan is doing well too, smart but trying to be humble. Wants to work with Democrats to fix medicare and the debt.

RYAN WANTS THE BOYS TO COME HOME FROM Afghanistan and it threw Biden for a loop. He really knows his stuff about Afghan war.

Ohh crap Biden is screwing up bad on the Libyan/Syrian issue.

" Why attack Libya, and not Syria?"

Biden- "Libya is different, Syria is 5 Times larger land mass than Libya"

Biden just flunked Geography
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/n_africa_mid_east_pol_95.jpg

Restless28
10-11-2012, 20:19
Ryan lost. The republicans cannot leave the social issues alone. The abortion, anti-choice rhetoric is a losing position.

Obama thanks you, Paul Ryan.

CBennett
10-11-2012, 20:23
pretty meh debate...if i was undecided this would not have swayed me either way.

uptomyneck
10-11-2012, 20:24
It doesn't matter what was said is true or not. People will remember Biden's good acting and deliverance over Ryan's staleness and weak responses.

Biden won this debate hands down.

CBennett
10-11-2012, 20:26
But Ryan did kill the end part about what he would say to the soldier.....just slammed it lol.

Hussell_Crowe
10-11-2012, 20:26
Ryan is an emotionless drone, I cant tell if he's a robot or not. Romney won the presidential debate, Ryan lost this debate.

1-1.

CBennett
10-11-2012, 20:27
i call it a tie but very boring 1 win 0 losses 1 tie

Bow Commander
10-11-2012, 20:29
It doesn't matter what was said is true or not. People will remember Biden's good acting and deliverance over Ryan's staleness and weak responses.

+1 unfortunately. Ryan has lacked coviction all night. He wasn't the young pitbull I hoped to see. Closing statements now...

CBennett
10-11-2012, 20:32
And i would say Ryan got the ending th get the tie

Bow Commander
10-11-2012, 20:33
Ryan's closing statement was much better than Biden's. Well delivered, and was looking the camera head on.

ChuteTheMall
10-11-2012, 20:35
Ryan's closing statement was much better than Biden's. Well delivered, and was looking the camera head on.

It also repeated his main points from the beginning of the debate, which was important.

Bow Commander
10-11-2012, 20:37
It also repeated his main points from the beginning of the debate, which was important.

Agreed.

czsmithGT
10-11-2012, 20:37
Biden lied about the Libyan terrorist attack.

ChuteTheMall
10-11-2012, 20:40
Goofy laughing hyena grinning and interrupting, repeating himself loudly, didn't bring the facts.

Jackasses will eat this crap up, likely voters won't.

:deadhorse:

Bilbo Bagins
10-11-2012, 20:43
Yea, I would say it was a tie. Joe did better then everyone expected, but he looked a little bit like a belligerent prick.

Ryan knew his stuff, but I think he was a little stiff. Romney plays the emotions well, Ryan not so much.

The Catholic/Abortion issue..feehh I don't think Ryan played it too bad. Its up to the states, and the Democrats/obamacare are coming down on Catholic healthcare. Trust me I didn't cringe like I do with the old Christian Taliban candidates like Santorium and Bachmann.

One funny thing that was just mentioned online...during the debateRyan stole Biden's water glass and took a sip.

Jeez...ABC post coverage is very slanted left :upeyes:

ChuteTheMall
10-11-2012, 20:43
Ryan is an emotionless drone, I cant tell if he's a robot or not. Romney won the presidential debate, Ryan lost this debate.
1-1.

Biden was a loud laughing clown, unable to follow the math.

Hey Hussell, you've been gone from GT for months.
Did you find a new babysitting gig yet?

jame
10-11-2012, 20:46
A lot of spin about Biden's debate style. Overtly aggressive, condescending, and "…too much Red Bull."

Pretty even, from a literal perspective, but image can be everything.

Overall, I'd call it even. Both seemed to be talking to their perspective base. I don't see many votes being swayed tonight.

Restless28
10-11-2012, 20:50
Thank God for Libertarians. These 2 candidates make me happy that there is a 3rd choice.

mgs
10-11-2012, 20:56
I'll call it......Strike Two!

Diesel McBadass
10-11-2012, 20:58
there isn't other choices, Romney or Obobo Will be President, and a failed republican pretending to be a Libertarian and polling at half a percent is not a contender.

Shinytop
10-11-2012, 21:01
Biden led thru most of the debate. But for the last 10 or 15 minutes I really began to wonder if he was having a medical problem. It was like he was drained of energy, he actually hemmed and hawed. Ryan was unprepared for the rude clown tactics and it showed.

Bow Commander
10-11-2012, 21:06
Biden led thru most of the debate. But for the last 10 or 15 minutes I really began to wonder if he was having a medical problem. It was like he was drained of energy, he actually hemmed and hawed. Ryan was unprepared for the rude clown tactics and it showed.

I noticed that about Biden. His voice fell into that of a 30 year smoker or something.

PawDog
10-11-2012, 21:08
Thank God for Libertarians. These 2 candidates make me happy that there is a 3rd choice.

Yeah, because this guy is soooo Presidential. :upeyes:

http://cdn.ph.upi.com/sv/i/UPI-8361349287715/2012/1/13492888515146/Gary-Johnson-goes-crowd-surfing-VIDEO.jpg

aplcr0331
10-11-2012, 21:17
Yeah, because this guy is soooo Presidential. :upeyes:

http://cdn.ph.upi.com/sv/i/UPI-8361349287715/2012/1/13492888515146/Gary-Johnson-goes-crowd-surfing-VIDEO.jpg

I know right?

http://media.tecca.com/2012/09/19/fva-630-president-obama-talk-like-a-pirate-day-ahoy-matey-630w.jpg

jdavionic
10-11-2012, 21:27

Well, even after the debate...I stand by this.

Annhl8rX
10-11-2012, 21:28
Ryan or Biden is like a coin toss with a two tailed coin.

K.Kiser
10-11-2012, 21:35
The moderator failed miserably to be fair, but helped the democrat debate... I give her a failing grade at doing what she was supposed to do... It seemed very biased to me, and all biden's tactics were just as slimy as I expect from everything that he's about and the moderator did little to nothing in regard to keeping it straight for Ryan's behalf...

aplcr0331
10-11-2012, 21:38
Interruptions:

Biden = 96
Ryan = 6

Great job moderator. How many pointed follow up questions did the "moderator" ask Biden compared to Ryan?

Grabbrass
10-11-2012, 22:01
Martha ....

Martha ...

Martha! ...

Ian Moone
10-11-2012, 22:09
As a financial guy, there is one thing that has ticked me off in debate #1 and #2. Why do Romney/Ryan let the other side get away with the phrase "let Detroit go bankrupt" without clarification.

I understand the term bankrupt means bad things to the common man. However, at the mega-corporation level, the only significant difference between a corporate bankruptcy filing and a government bailout is ...under organized bankruptcy, unions lose power. Otherwise, the business reorganized its finanance, amend debt covenants, restructures management and sheds some debt. The real losers are the common stockholders, bondholders and the banks ...aka rich people with the dems hate.

A simple compare/contrast could further expose Obama/Biden for the double-talking hypocrits that they are.

aplcr0331
10-11-2012, 22:17
http://i.imgur.com/LvKO7.png

frank4570
10-11-2012, 22:20
http://i.imgur.com/LvKO7.png

Now we just need some cartoons.

JW1178
10-11-2012, 22:27
The VP debate needs to be about VP issues and what they would do as VP.

What it looked like was two girls arguing about who's boyfriend is better.

It is a proven fact that the VP has little to do with the election. Well, the McCain run could upset that fact but I don't think this has that factor.

JW1178
10-11-2012, 22:36
As a financial guy, there is one thing that has ticked me off in debate #1 and #2. Why do Romney/Ryan let the other side get away with the phrase "let Detroit go bankrupt" without clarification.

I understand the term bankrupt means bad things to the common man. However, at the mega-corporation level, the only significant difference between a corporate bankruptcy filing and a government bailout is ...under organized bankruptcy, unions lose power. Otherwise, the business reorganized its finanance, amend debt covenants, restructures management and sheds some debt. The real losers are the common stockholders, bondholders and the banks ...aka rich people with the dems hate.

A simple compare/contrast could further expose Obama/Biden for the double-talking hypocrits that they are.

That is a good point. The who idea behind the GM bailouts was to save the Unions. So what if GM did go bankrupt? The company failed. Let the winners win and the failures fail. Same with the banks. All the government does with bailouts is perlong the problem and hurts us all in the long run.

rick458
10-11-2012, 22:38
Its worse than that
Bailouts on failed companies PUNISH
successful companies, by unleveling the field

Fox
10-11-2012, 22:57

You may be right.

aplcr0331
10-11-2012, 22:59
You may be right.

It's not looking that way. The CNN poll had it 48% Ryan and 44% Biden (although it is within the sampling error).

Plus some of the fact checks are coming out, and Ryan might be ahead on those as well.

http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-slips-vice-presidents-debate-023354584--election.html

LASTRESORT20
10-11-2012, 23:15

http://moderateleft.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/johnson.jpe

cool man......cool...:supergrin:

Grabbrass
10-11-2012, 23:44

Actually I've been browsing comments on a few different sites and was surprised to find a LOT of people, especially women, very put off by Biden's rudeness and lack of serious attitude, foolish anger, and condescension. I don't really think Ryan did a very good job of rebutting and steering the topics - he doesn't strike me as a person of colloquial wit - but it seems at least that not being a jackass is good for something. I read that Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times. I didn't count but I watched the debate, and if true it doesn't surprise me. I am very interested to see the time split for this debate. Obama got an extra 4 minutes last week. I'm near certain Biden hogged up on the time too, but where Obama was just slow and meandering in making points, Biden was using up all his time then giving Ryan 10 seconds before blurting out and stopping the response. I'm sure partisan members of the Obama army loved it, but for anyone who actually wanted to hear what both of them had to say, Biden looked like a jerk.

Edit: have to add this - found browsing comments to the yahoo factcheck aplcr0331 linked to above:

"If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet." - Proverbs 29:9

Glock&KimberLady
10-12-2012, 00:19
/wiping tears from eyes at lightning pic, I have nothing to add that is useful while in the throes of hilarity/

Jay9928
10-12-2012, 04:27
Lost count how many times Biden said uh or um.

gwalchmai
10-12-2012, 04:53
I think undecided voters would see Ryan as a far saner choice that Biden. Nothing on it to change anyone who's already made up their mind, of course. So, overall I think the debate helped the good guys.

I hope the lightning pic goes viral. If young voters can see Biden as an old corrupt Dem insider it will only help our cause.

Psychman
10-12-2012, 04:57
I think Ryan won by not giving in to the temptation to reach over and smack that laughing boy.

Restless28
10-12-2012, 04:59
Kinda funny when Joe reminded Paul about the 2 letters that he wrote requesting stimulus funds for Wisconsin, after Paul made a passionate case against the stimulus.

I also liked when Joe said, "I won't force my faith on anyone."

Flying-Dutchman
10-12-2012, 05:18
During the debate, I wished Ryan hammered Biden and the “moderator” who were double teaming him.

But now while I do not remember much what was said, I do remember the weirdness and rudeness of Biden and that image will stay.

gwalchmai
10-12-2012, 05:30
I also liked when Joe said, "I won't force my faith on anyone."He was of course referring to Catholicism, and not his real faith - liberalism. He'll use the full force of government to force that on anyone.

Restless28
10-12-2012, 05:33
He was of course referring to Catholicism, and not his real faith - liberalism. He'll use the full force of government to force that on anyone.

Which is worse?

mgs
10-12-2012, 05:36
Ryan lost. The republicans cannot leave the social issues alone. The abortion, anti-choice rhetoric is a losing position.

Obama thanks you, Paul Ryan.

What radio were you listening to? Ryan was a Professional vs. a Clown. Just sayin.

gwalchmai
10-12-2012, 05:40
Which is worse?
Liberalism.

Restless28
10-12-2012, 06:04
Liberalism.

Not sure if I agree.

gwalchmai
10-12-2012, 06:12
Not sure if I agree.
That's why pencils have erasers.

ChuteTheMall
10-12-2012, 07:24
Not sure if I agree.

Considering the fact that you voted for Rick Santorem in the primary after months of supporting Ron Paul, I agree that you are not sure of what you are doing at any given time.
:nutcheck:

Bilbo Bagins
10-12-2012, 07:33
Kinda funny when Joe reminded Paul about the 2 letters that he wrote requesting stimulus funds for Wisconsin, after Paul made a passionate case against the stimulus.

I got to admit that Ryan letter writting thing was a zinger.

However the Biden "I won't force my faith on anyone." is a slap in the face to Catholics. Obamacare is forcing Catholic hospitals to preform abortions and provide birthcontrol, and the same with Catholic employers forcing them to pay for healthcare coverage for their employees that will offer covered Abortions and Birth Control.

Sure Biden says he does not want to force his Catholic faith on anyone, but he sure will force his liberal faith on you regardless what God you believe in.

G36's Rule
10-12-2012, 07:46

However the Biden "I won't force my faith on anyone." is a slap in the face to Catholics. Obamacare is forcing Catholic hospitals to preform abortions and provide birthcontrol, and the same with Catholic employers forcing them to pay for healthcare coverage for their employees that will offer covered Abortions and Birth Control.

Sure Biden says he does not want to force his Catholic faith on anyone, but he sure will force his liberal faith on you regardless what God you believe in.

You would think that after Ron Paul was called on earmarks, and gave a good answer to it, that libertarians and other confused voters would have shut up forever about Reps. Requesting funds for constituents.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=BWTyHbGcUQY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBWTyHbGcUQY

frank4570
10-12-2012, 07:49
Bear with me, I'm not up to speed on this. How will the govt force a private business to accept these conditions?

RHVEtte
10-12-2012, 07:54

Yep. The only way Biden can come out of his okay is if he conveniently breaks his leg between now and the debate and can't be there. Ryan's going to hand him his rear.:supergrin:

pesticidal
10-12-2012, 07:54
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/pesticidal/obama/bidennotes.jpg

ChuteTheMall
10-12-2012, 08:00
Yep. The only way Biden can come out of his okay is if he conveniently breaks his leg between now and the debate and can't be there. Ryan's going to hand him his rear.:supergrin:

:headscratch:

The debate happened yesterday.

Diesel McBadass
10-12-2012, 08:02
any news do a breakdown yet, number of interruptions, amount of time each candidate spoke, etc.

GreenDrake
10-12-2012, 08:05
I think the count was Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times.

Diesel McBadass
10-12-2012, 08:12
Id like to see amount of time each spent speaking, like how everyone blamed romney for going over time but Obama spoke more, etc.

Bilbo Bagins
10-12-2012, 08:16
Bear with me, I'm not up to speed on this. How will the govt force a private business to accept these conditions?

Obamacare considers contraceptives, sterilizations, and abortion a "preventative services" that must be covered whether its private insurance or goverment healthcare. As an employer under Obamacare you are required to offer insurance to your employees or face fines. So regardless if you are pro-life, if you are an employer you must provide coverage for abortions to your employees, and if you are a taxpayer you will be paying for abortions for those under government healthcare. The catholic church itself was recently exempt, but all other Catholic orgainzations are not.

http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=46822

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/22/catholics-step-up-protests-obama-administration-contraceptive-coverage-mandate/

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/061812-615248-catholic-hospital-association-opposes-obamacare-mandate.htm?p=full

ChuteTheMall
10-12-2012, 08:37

And I just heard that the Radish interrupted Ryan another 31 times, making a total of 113 interruptions of Ryan in 90 minutes.

She interrupted Biden only 19 times. She's the most biased moderator in modern debate history. It was really two against one.

GLWyandotte
10-12-2012, 08:45

Nope, it was 800 million billion...:supergrin:

BuckyP
10-12-2012, 09:04

:perfect10: Romney explained this briefly IIRC, Ryan completely let this go.

The VP debate needs to be about VP issues and what they would do as VP.

Yes, like how about pressuring Harry Reid to allow bills to be voted on, win or loose? (the VP is president of the Senate)

On the other hand, Biden talks smack about the wars that he voted to fund. Could have been an even bigger zinger if Ryan was aware of it and he brought it up.

Diesel McBadass
10-12-2012, 09:08
obamacare re defines full time as 120 hours a month so businesses will slash employee hours to under that. Ive been told my hours will be capped at work. ant believe more people aren't against this seeing they'll need 2 jobs to get by and finding other jobs in an obama economy will be tough

javelinadave
10-12-2012, 09:38
I figured Biden would do something retarded and I wasn't wrong. He showed up as the worlds biggest, rudest tool.

czsmithGT
10-12-2012, 14:43
Id like to see amount of time each spent speaking, like how everyone blamed romney for going over time but Obama spoke more, etc.

From what I recall hearing it was pretty even with Biden talking a few seconds more than Ryan.

czsmithGT
10-12-2012, 14:44
And I just heard that the Radish interrupted Ryan another 31 times, making a total of 113 interruptions of Ryan in 90 minutes.

She interrupted Biden only 19 times. She's the most biased moderator in modern debate history. It was really two against one.

I actually thought she was fair and asked Biden as many tough questions as she asked Ryan.

czsmithGT
10-12-2012, 14:51
I didn't care for Biden's demeanor, but so what. Biden lied about the Libyan Ambassador's murder and he lied about Catholic church leadership's position on Obamacare's mandates that they violate Church doctrine. Quite frankly slimy politicians like Biden make my skin crawl. That said, i don't think Ryan did a particularly good job. Al-in-all not an inspiring debate and won't impact the election one way or another.

jakebrake
10-12-2012, 14:55

you do know who she's married to, right?

czsmithGT
10-12-2012, 15:08
you do know who she's married to, right?

Tom Gjelten. So?

frank4570
10-12-2012, 16:52
Thank you for spelling that out for me.
I'm very much pro choice.
But religious people shouldn't have their choice taken away. So, I'll have to think on this a bit.

Obamacare considers contraceptives, sterilizations, and abortion a "preventative services" that must be covered whether its private insurance or goverment healthcare. As an employer under Obamacare you are required to offer insurance to your employees or face fines. So regardless if you are pro-life, if you are an employer you must provide coverage for abortions to your employees, and if you are a taxpayer you will be paying for abortions for those under government healthcare. The catholic church itself was recently exempt, but all other Catholic orgainzations are not.

http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=46822

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/22/catholics-step-up-protests-obama-administration-contraceptive-coverage-mandate/

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/061812-615248-catholic-hospital-association-opposes-obamacare-mandate.htm?p=full

Flying-Dutchman
10-12-2012, 17:18

I agree, extremely biased.

She made sure it was payback time for the trouncing Romney gave Obama.

certifiedfunds
10-12-2012, 17:57
I agree, extremely biased.

She made sure it was payback time for the trouncing Romney gave Obama.

She looked like that meth head woman from Breaking Bad season 1,2,3. Debbie?

tsmo1066
10-12-2012, 18:09
I find it interesting that Biden said he didn't want to force his convictions on others, yet he and Obama have pushed forcing Catholic institutions to perform abortions and abortion counseling against their will.

Seems that he doesn't mind forcing his convictions on others at all, as long as it's a pro-abortion conviction.

I wish Ryan would have pointed that out and thrown it back at him during the debate.

RayB
10-12-2012, 22:31
Biden came off as the quintessential horse's ass he really is.

Had this been a courtroom venue, any justice worthy of his or her bench, would have cited Biden for contempt—several times.

And speaking of quintessential, Martha Raddatz is one of the most blatant examples of a Liberal hack, that I can recall in recent memory.

If you mistake belligerence for strength, and arrogance for intelligence, you'll give last night's debate to Biden, hence the Liberal victory claimed.

If substance and honesty are more your thing, and you want to grade the event by replaying it point by point, without mainstream bias, you’ll find that Paul Ryan lent dignity and quality to an otherwise wasted 90-minutes.

--Ray

P.S. The Breaking Bad meth-whore’s name is Wendy. Love that show! :thumbsup:

glockman66
10-13-2012, 17:09
Here, in one picture and one picture only, is the instructive, succinct, accurate, to the point, and above all the "TRUTHFUL PORTRAYAL" of what actually transpired during the VP debate. :rofl::supergrin::rofl::supergrin:

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2012/10/study-in-contrasts-vp-debate-in-one.html

RayB
10-13-2012, 19:52
Here, in one picture and one picture only, is the instructive, succinct, accurate, to the point, and above all the "TRUTHFUL PORTRAYAL" of what actually transpired during the VP debate. :rofl::supergrin::rofl::supergrin:

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2012/10/study-in-contrasts-vp-debate-in-one.html

Yes, that about nails it! :thumbsup:

--Ray

Shark1007
10-13-2012, 21:35
Great cartoon, but I did think Biden crushed him. Ryan seemed so indecisive, ill informed, noncommital and "thirsty"

Biden was pretty agressive, borderline rude at times, but I'd rather have Biden as Pres than Ryan, just don't think Ryan has the stuff.

Now, please feel free to bash me.

RayB
10-14-2012, 08:21
Great cartoon, but I did think Biden crushed him. Ryan seemed so indecisive, ill informed, noncommital and "thirsty"

Biden was pretty agressive, borderline rude at times, but I'd rather have Biden as Pres than Ryan, just don't think Ryan has the stuff.

Now, please feel free to bash me.

If you mistake belligerence for strength, and arrogance for intelligence, you'll give last night's debate to Biden... :upeyes:

--Ray

mhambi
10-16-2012, 10:28
http://i48.tinypic.com/waj9j8.jpg