Say a prayer... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Say a prayer...

PinkoCommie
10-11-2012, 08:18
...for Jessica Ridgeway and her family.

Things are not looking good.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/293899/339/No-new-info-in-Jessica-case-after-body-found

A body has been found. No ID has been made. Area searches continue. That tells me that the body is not intact.

What in the **** is wrong with people? A 10-year-old girl? Really?

:angel:

Cochese
10-11-2012, 18:07
I was out there for ten hours today. Dismemberment.

Why do I do this job again?

indigent
10-11-2012, 19:02

For the same reason that the rest of us do....

Because for all it's crappy days, long nights and just plain suckness, when your dance card get's it's last punch and we can join the ranks of guys like SeanMac, Dragoon and the other "oldtimers" you'll know that for all its bad days we've made a difference...

wprebeck
10-11-2012, 19:02

I'm the wrong guy to ask that, at this moment in time. Right or wrong, the only reason I'm still here is simple:

I have no other skill set that will allow me to find another job with the same pay and benefits, and I can retire in 7.5 years.

I guess that's really two reasons, but still...if I came into enough money that I could quit and not worry about bills - I leave without a second thought.

You'll have my prayers tonight, brother. This is (at least) the second bad one for you this year. Give me a call if you need to - I don't see what you see (thankfully), but I get it.

Knute
10-11-2012, 19:26

It wasn't for the burgers they served at lunch....

Good to see you. Too bad it was for this purpose.

Kingarthurhk
10-11-2012, 20:00
Once the guy who did this gets caught, it would great if he was put in general populous with the knowledge of his actions being spread through that population. I suspect he would be missing some key body parts by the next day. One can only dream.

Or better yet, let him lose in a closed football stadium, and let the family do whatever they place. Again only a dream.

I hate people who hurt kids.:steamed:

RussP
10-11-2012, 20:35
Prayers...

frizz
10-11-2012, 20:51

Ever made a felony arrest? Violent people who are in prison don't get to kill, rape, and rob. How much hurt did your arrests prevent, both directly and indirectly?

Today, you were on the eating end of a **** sandwich. Someone has to do it because that sandwich ain't gonna eat itself.

I hope you can take solace in the fact that your work should contribute to the conviction of the killer.

Ohio Copper
10-11-2012, 21:11

Kind of cliche, but if not you then who?

We do a job that most people can't or won't do and only we know the reasons why. It could be the lady you comforted whose only son was just killed by a drunk. Breathing life back into a helpless child or ensuring the little old lady that nobody is in her back yard or peeping in her windows.

Good luck and keep fighting the good fight, all of ya.

GumbyDammit
10-11-2012, 21:56

I'll say a prayer for her and YOU! Serious, did you guys win the **** lottery or something? Hang in there brother.

PinkoCommie
10-11-2012, 22:55
Hang in there, Cochese. You are in this because whether they know it or not, the good people of your community want people like you to show up when their kid is missing, or when there is something strange in the neighborhood.

Cochese
10-12-2012, 11:19
Having lunch with Knute made it suck less, for sure. Those burgers were nasty lol.

I have about 50 hours into this case. All grunt work, but we've been pounding ground since the 5th. It's getting tiring. I hope the MFer responsible for this dies in a hot fire.

PuroMexicano
10-12-2012, 12:07
Prayers sent for the little girl, Cochese, Knute and all of you that are helping.

rockapede
10-12-2012, 12:10
Ever made a felony arrest? Violent people who are in prison don't get to kill, rape, and rob. How much hurt did your arrests prevent, both directly and indirectly?

Today, you were on the eating end of a **** sandwich. Someone has to do it because that sandwich ain't gonna eat itself.

I hope you can take solace in the fact that your work should contribute to the conviction of the killer.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but until you've actually been in a cop's shoes in a crappy situation like this you're really unqualified to comment. Every cop on this board knows the logical answers to the questions raised in your first paragraph. When you're in the suck though, it doesn't help. We get through it in the short term by wishing we could really DO something about it in a way we've got too much integrity to actually do, but in the long run it's just that much more frustrating. Your post, to me, comes off as a bit of a patronizing "now, now, chin up" type deal (especially the first sentence....), but you haven't been there. I know that's not what you meant.

Again, I mean no disrespect.

To all my brothers on this case: Godspeed, find this SOB, and may justice be swift and terrible.

Cochese
10-13-2012, 01:18
No rest for the weary.

Right out of ****ing roll call and into an active shooter/homicide with a side of explosives.

:faint:

PinkoCommie
10-13-2012, 02:20
No rest for the weary.

Right out of ****ing roll call and into an active shooter/homicide with a side of explosives.

:faint:

Time for a vacation? Somewhere tropical, with a white sand beach, endless blue sea, and a drink with a little umbrella in your hand.

4949shooter
10-13-2012, 02:33
Prayers sent.. :sadangel:

Hang in there guys. You are the best of the best. God put you there for a reason.

Officer X
10-13-2012, 06:01
Stay strong

Prayers sent

LT642
10-13-2012, 06:15
Cases such as this are often the last straw emotionally for us. Not that is career endeing or anthing like that but we see things and are asked to do things that most folks couldn't.

To anyone who is feeling hurt, pain, or just plain burn out, ask for help. If you don't ask the department, do on your health plans dime. We are human, we hurt too.

Continue the great work and remember you are fighting for a victim who can no longer fight or speak for herself.

BTW, there is no doubt in my mind that when this child left this planet she went straight into the arms of the Lord, she's okay now!

PinkoCommie
10-13-2012, 06:22
BTW, there is no doubt in my mind that when this child left this planet she went straight into the arms of the Lord, she's okay now!

I'd like to send the murderer into someone's arms, too...
:steamed:

LT642
10-13-2012, 06:58
I'd like to send the murderer into someone's arms, too...
:steamed:

I know what you mean!!! I'm just trying to focus on the victim, not to diminsih what this monster has done.

RussP
10-13-2012, 08:02
Time for a vacation? Somewhere tropical, with a white sand beach, endless blue sea, and a drink with a little umbrella in your hand.The image of him sitting there holding a little parasol, sipping on his drink - priceless. :rofl:

merlynusn
10-13-2012, 08:07
If you need anything Jason, let me know. Knute, same to you.

This job changes you, many times for the worse. Make sure you get the help you need. Get in with CISD or EAP or something. Take a vacation and get away. This year has sucked for you guys and you need to take care of yourself. We aren't invincible.

frizz
10-13-2012, 13:03
Please don't take this the wrong way, but until you've actually been in a cop's shoes in a crappy situation like this you're really unqualified to comment. Every cop on this board knows the logical answers to the questions raised in your first paragraph. When you're in the suck though, it doesn't help. We get through it in the short term by wishing we could really DO something about it in a way we've got too much integrity to actually do, but in the long run it's just that much more frustrating. Your post, to me, comes off as a bit of a patronizing "now, now, chin up" type deal (especially the first sentence....), but you haven't been there. I know that's not what you meant.

Again, I mean no disrespect.

To all my brothers on this case: Godspeed, find this SOB, and may justice be swift and terrible.

I meant no disrespect either, and I did not mean to sound patronizing.

I have not exactly been there, but I saw someone who felt like throwing in the towel after a horrible experience. That's what came to mind when I read the line, "why do I do this?" That was the basis for my response.

Thanks for the post. Really. And to Cochese, I hope I didn't add to a bad situation for you.

jpa
10-13-2012, 15:19
I'll say a prayer for you and all you guys in the Mile high city. You've had a hell of a year.

Hack
10-13-2012, 19:20
You know, many times I have heard from various other LE that I could not do what you do. Trust me. I could not do what you do, (at least now a days). There is a reason I went into prison work instead.

Prayers for all of you involved with this kind of stuff.

seanmac45
10-13-2012, 19:47
Cochese;

Hell of a year for you, sir.

Take good care of yourself.

25pd
10-15-2012, 20:36
May the Little ANGEL REST IN PEACE. and may her killer rot in hell for all eternity I am so glad that I'm retired and not dealing with all of this worlds nasty people any longer:crying: