Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me the cop! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me the cop!

Southswede
10-11-2012, 08:26
Well, Mr. Citizen, it seems you've figured me out. I fit neatly into the category where you've placed me.

I'm stereotyped, standardized, characterized, classified, grouped, and always typical. Unfortunately, the reverse is true. I can never figure you out.

From birth, you teach your children that I'm the boogeyman, then you're shocked when they identify/associate with my traditional enemy... the criminal! You accuse me of coddling criminals...until I catch your kids doing wrong.

You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer for having one cup between calls. You pride yourself on your manners, but think nothing of disrupting my meals with your troubles.

You raise Cain, and sometimes resort to violence, with the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws...but somehow you've never gotten a single ticket you deserve.

You shout "FOUL" if you observe me driving fast to a call, but raise the roof if I take more than ten seconds to respond to your complaint.

You call it part of my job if someone strikes me, but call it police brutality if I strike back. You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a tooth or your doctor how to take out an appendix, yet you are always willing to give me pointers on the law.

You talk to me in a manner that would get you a bloody nose from anyone else, but expect me to take it without batting an eye.

You yell that something's got to be done to fight crime, but you can't be bothered to get involved. You say you have no use for me at all, but of course it's OK if I change a flat for your wife, deliver your child in the back of the patrol car, or perhaps save your son's life with mouth to mouth breathing, or work many hours overtime looking for your lost daughter.

So Mr. Citizen, you can stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my work, calling me every name in the book, but never stop to think that your property, family, or maybe even your life depends on me or one of my buddies.

Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me the cop!

Rabbi
10-11-2012, 08:37
Few people like the person who is charged with the task of searching out and making people accountable for their actions.

I sleep very well at night.

PaulMason
10-11-2012, 08:46
Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me the cop!

I think there are many more that hold a differing opinion then what you presented. They are the good people that teach their children respect for the police. They are part of the silent majority.

glock_19guy1983
10-11-2012, 08:49
SHHHH! Rabbi, you know not to talk to the POlice.:whistling:

Yall do a hard and thankless job. Ive got a good many friends that are LEO, there are still alot of people that appreciate the job you do.

devildog2067
10-11-2012, 08:51
You talk to me in a manner that would get you a bloody nose from anyone else, but expect me to take it without batting an eye.

I don't disagree with the rest of your post, but this one did jump out at me. If you can't take some lip without punching someone, you probably shouldn't be a cop. As Rabbi pointed out, sometimes not being liked is part of the job.

Stay safe.

John Rambo
10-11-2012, 08:53
Couldn't keep this confined to Cop Talk, huh?

Nice job rebutting those stereotypes. Why don't you bleat it a little louder?

tsmo1066
10-11-2012, 08:56
Like Dentists, Police Officers are often hated for what they have to do, but it's a necessary job. Also like Dentists, police officers are held to a higher standard of accountability while doing their work than is the "average Joe". Unlike Dentists, however, Cops normally don't make very much money while doing their work.

Police work definitely isn't for everyone, but thankfully we live in a country where nobody is forced at gunpoint to hold down a job that they hate. If police work doesn't do it for you, move on to something that does...maybe even dentistry. :dunno:

Drain You
10-11-2012, 09:17

http://i.imgur.com/3s88V.jpg

Booker
10-11-2012, 09:20
Sounds like you need a new job! One where you won't get butthurt so much!

zoyter2
10-11-2012, 09:21

Before you get slammed, it should be asked how long a thread would be open if a "Yes Officer, it's me the Citizen" was opened in Cop Talk and every hater from GNG flocked in to post?

Now, prepare to be eviscerated.

Southswede
10-11-2012, 09:27
I don't disagree with the rest of your post, but this one did jump out at me. If you can't take some lip without punching someone, you probably shouldn't be a cop. As Rabbi pointed out, sometimes not being liked is part of the job.

Stay safe.

Try re-reading the post.

Gallium
10-11-2012, 09:28
... calling me every name in the book, ...

Such as "hero", "brave", "dedicated" - along with the more usual colorful despicable names.

lots of occupations are thankless. People in medicine, rescue, .mil, emergency response, .gov, court system, sanitation, road crews, educators, etc have "thankless" jobs.

The decent folks amongst us recognize their value and without much fanfare make those folks know where we stand on their contributions.

We live in a society very biased towards "non essential" things - like sports (NFL Superbowl, World Series, Olympics), entertainment (Grammys, Oscars, Billboard Chart, Avatar, Harry Potter etc)

Southswede
10-11-2012, 09:28

Try going back over to cop talk. You might see why I posted this again on GNG.

Gallium
10-11-2012, 09:29
Try re-reading the post.

Yes, he got it wrong. Those damn educator/geeks! :tongueout:

Southswede
10-11-2012, 09:37
Sounds like you need a new job! One where you won't get butthurt so much!

Interesting, well thought out post.

Booker
10-11-2012, 09:39
So Mr. Citizen, you can stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my work, calling me every name in the book, but never stop to think that your property, family, or maybe even your life depends on me or one of my buddies.

Tell it to Jessica Ridgeway

diamondd2
10-11-2012, 09:45
And you get paid well to do your job. It's not like your a volunteer.

John Rambo
10-11-2012, 09:45
Try going back over to cop talk. You might see why I posted this again on GNG.

Posting it with your fellow officers to vent it one thing. And its why I didn't comment on it in there, nor do I post negative comments much of at all in Cop Talk, because thats where cops go to vent. I, as well as almost every Glocktalk member (with a few notable troll exceptions) read and keep quiet in there out of respect.

Once you actually come out here into GNG thumping your chest, you're not just blowing off steam, you're making a statement to the rest of us about how we're not nice enough to you and how much you do for us. You're, for no discernable reason, coming in here and smashing an egg into our face just because you can.

Well, we can respond with all types of things. We can talk about the cop on trial now for anally violating suspects. We can talk about the cops who murdered people during Katrina. We can talk about the cops who burst into the wrong houses and gunned down the startled occupants. We can talk about how cops are given a break on breaking laws while in the course of duty and slapped on the wirst when someone else would get jail time. We can talk about the preferential treatment in everything from gas stations to traffic citations. We could go on and on and on about it.

Or we could just say, "Quit yer *****in' and take your paycheck. Go do another job if you don't like yours."

hogfish
10-11-2012, 09:46
Thread title could've been: Civilians Blow. :wow:

nmk
10-11-2012, 10:02
I think my posting history would classify me as almost always falling on the side of LEO, but this is dumb. It's just...dumb.

DairyFresh
10-11-2012, 10:05
If my dentist upsets me, or does bad work, I can find another. My doctor cannot make my life miserable because he takes a dislike to me. Cops serve on the public's whim. Never forget that.

racerford
10-11-2012, 10:06
.....We live in a society very biased towards "non essential" things - like sports (NFL Superbowl, World Series, Olympics), entertainment (Grammys, Oscars, Billboard Chart, Avatar, Harry Potter etc)

I was with you until you started saying Harry Potter was non-essential. :wow::whistling::supergrin:

MAC702
10-11-2012, 10:08
Like Dentists, Police Officers are often hated for what they have to do, but it's a necessary job. Also like Dentists, police officers are held to a higher standard of accountability while doing their work than is the "average Joe". Unlike Dentists, however, Cops normally don't make very much money while doing their work....

Like Dentists, you always wonder about what KIND of a person wants that kind of job.

As for being held to a higher standard, I find the opposite is usually the case. With citizens, ignorance of a law is no excuse. With police, on the other hand, the courts have held that ignorance of the law IS an excuse, as long as they THOUGHT they were doing the right thing. That's just one example.

Seems every time I pull up one in the local news, they are making well over $100,000 a year.

But the OP was a nice post. A little long for a bumper sticker, but about as accurate.

nmk
10-11-2012, 10:09
Apparently this has been posted all over the web for years. It would be appropriate to acknowledge that you didn't actually write any of the original post.

Chain email...LEO edition.

fwm
10-11-2012, 10:14
Thread title could've been: Civilians Blow. :wow:

Right!

Seems he stereotyped all of the rest of us non-LEOs into the same group. I will say that I have never fallen into ANY of the stereotypes he mentioned, but I have been treated like I do on several occasions.

Apparently he only sees the 1% bottom sucking scum all day, and never realizes that the rest of us are NOT like that. Just another divisive statement by someone that can't figure out why he isn't on a pedestal somewhere.

Drain You
10-11-2012, 10:20

LOLWUT?

I've seen agencies advertising starting pay around $14 an hour, degree and/or prior military required. I made more than that as a 20something year old former drop out.

Al Czervik
10-11-2012, 10:22
I'm sure it is a thankless job, and I applaud all those willing to do it.
But, we all choose our jobs or professions.
Many volunteer to do several of the thankless, but necessary things described that the paid staff doesn't want to do, or perhaps lacks the resources to do. Plenty of them get spit upon, thrown up on, knocked down, bruised, cut, and burned. I don't often hear them complaining.
YYMV.

mgs
10-11-2012, 10:28
Police investigate crime....that is the bottom line. They come when you call. They really do not protect you or your property. Personal responsibility and insurance take care of that. The firearm they carry protects them....not you. They will step in if witnessing a crime in progress. When Police are used to create revenue by writing lots of tickets, that can be an issue. If I get stopped for speeding, it's my fault but don't put me in a "I got cha" situation to make money. I was always taught to respect LE because disrespect just makes it harder and usually costlier for all parties envolved. A fair shake is all I want and I don't mind assisting an Officer if asked. Respect is a two way street and earned with each encounter.

m2hmghb
10-11-2012, 10:29
In case ya'll missed the point he's saying things he deals frequently with in police work that don't occur frequently in other occupations. In other words he's showing the divide between police work and other jobs. I mean how many other jobs are there where you have to be ready to be shot or stabbed at all times while on duty? Even in the military you typically only do tours of duties where you expect that, then you take a breather and do it again, in police work it's everyday for 20 plus years.

I don't think he's lumping everyone into the same category, he's just saying things that occur frequently. How often do you think a cop gets thanked compared to be cursed at spit on and so on?

rockapede
10-11-2012, 10:31
Southswede, I read you loud and clear and know where you're coming from, but I've gotta admit reposting this in GNG was probably not the best idea.

diamondd2
10-11-2012, 10:32
LOLWUT?

I've seen agencies advertising starting pay around $14 an hour, degree and/or prior military required. I made more than that as a 20something year old former drop out.

Don't kid yourself. Around the NY/NJ metro area its a $130,000+ with OT for 5yr+ on the job. NJ State Troopers are $150,000+ with the OT.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

tsmo1066
10-11-2012, 10:32
Like Dentists, you always wonder about what KIND of a person wants that kind of job.

As for being held to a higher standard, I find the opposite is usually the case. With citizens, ignorance of a law is no excuse. With police, on the other hand, the courts have held that ignorance of the law IS an excuse, as long as they THOUGHT they were doing the right thing. That's just one example.

Seems every time I pull up one in the local news, they are making well over $100,000 a year.

But the OP was a nice post. A little long for a bumper sticker, but about as accurate.

None of the police officers I know make anywhere near 100K, but then again I live in Houston, which has one of the lowest paying departments of any major city in the country.

JohnBT
10-11-2012, 10:33
The cut-and-paste in the OP was supposedly called The Great Police Officer and it was supposedly written by Virginia trooper Mitchell Brown. Thing is, there was never a trooper by the name Mitchell Brown with the Virginia State Police.

Everytime I've seen that piece recently - the last year or so - it's been attributed to Unknown.

My father was a Virginia State Trooper and taught me that some people are just idiots, but certainly not most people. He also taught me to try and treat people as individuals and not to jump to conclusions about them.

He was a proud citizen of the USA.

John

Drain You
10-11-2012, 10:36
Don't kid yourself. Around the NY/NJ metro area its a $130,000+ with OT for 5yr+ on the job. NJ State Troopers are $150,000+ with the OT.

What do 5 year officers in a city larger than most countries have to do with what I said :dunno:

diamondd2
10-11-2012, 10:38
What do 5 year officers in a city larger than most countries have to do with what I said :dunno:

Point is, that police are not underpaid. They are up to par with pay according to their location. Those low starting numbers are all smoke and mirrors.

And those numbers put them into upper middle class. Even around this area.

Glock20 10mm
10-11-2012, 10:39

Actually... my property, life and family are MY responsibility and in a FREE nation I am within my RIGHTS to defend them as needed. Those that CHOOSE to rely on the police to perform the DUTIES of protector CHOSE poorly.

badge315
10-11-2012, 10:41
Right!

Seems he stereotyped all of the rest of us non-LEOs into the same group. I will say that I have never fallen into ANY of the stereotypes he mentioned, but I have been treated like I do on several occasions.

Apparently he only sees the 1% bottom sucking scum all day, and never realizes that the rest of us are NOT like that. Just another divisive statement by someone that can't figure out why he isn't on a pedestal somewhere.

Can't say that I disagree with this statement. While it is undeniably true that LEOs are often unfairly painted with a broad brush because of the actions of a few, the opposite is also true...some (not all) cops tend to treat everyone with little better than thinly veiled contempt because they mostly deal with scumbags all day, every day.

PaulMason
10-11-2012, 10:43
Apparently this has been posted all over the web for years. It would be appropriate to acknowledge that you didn't actually write any of the original post.

A bit ironic isn't it. A police officer plagiarizing a work on how he is misunderstood. It just goes to show that police officers are human. They make mistakes also.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Well%2C+Mr.+Citizen%2C+it+seems+you%27ve+figured+me+out.+I+fit+neatly+into+the+category+whe re+you%27ve+placed+me.++I%27m+stereotyped%2C+standardized%2C+characterized%2C+classified%2C+grouped% 2C+and+always+typical.+Unfortunately%2C+the+reverse+is+true.+I+can+never+figure+you+out.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

janice6
10-11-2012, 10:47
Not all of us feel like that about cops.

How many others will take a job where BG's shoot at you, for that kind of money?

Policeman is an honorable profession and will always be so. Putting yourself between thugs and good guys is an honorable calling. Yes, if it were just a job, it probably would pay more.

Police, of necessity, present a cross-section of citizens. Not all are perfect.

mgs
10-11-2012, 10:48
It's hard to believe but Police work came in 14th in the most dangerous jobs show I saw a while back. Hard to believe.

diamondd2
10-11-2012, 10:53
Not all of us feel like that about cops.

How many others will take a job where BG's shoot at you, for that kind of money?

Policeman is an honorable profession and will always be so. Putting yourself between thugs and good guys is an honorable calling. Yes, if it were just a job, it probably would pay more.

Police, of necessity, present a cross-section of citizens. Not all are perfect.

How often do police actually get shot at? You have a greater chance of being a truck driver and getting killed in a accident. But nobody cares when a truck driver dies driving a truck, do they?

MAC702
10-11-2012, 10:57
...How many others will take a job where BG's shoot at you, for that kind of money?...

Most police work is not like TV.

Most people shot by bad guys are not cops.

janice6
10-11-2012, 11:00
How often do police actually get shot at? You have a greater chance of being a truck driver and getting killed in a accident. But nobody cares when a truck driver dies driving a truck, do they?

But when a dangerous truck driver is causing problems the police, not you, are called to confront them.

You will get away to somewhere safe.

A policeman's duty is to confront danger, not run from it.

The confrontation is the danger.

mgs
10-11-2012, 11:00
Most police work is not like TV.

Most people shot by bad guys are not cops.

That's because Police Open Carry!

tsmo1066
10-11-2012, 11:06
I mean how many other jobs are there where you have to be ready to be shot or stabbed at all times while on duty?

Cabbie
Liquor Store Clerk
Bicycle Courier
Security Guard
Convenience Store Clerk
Pizza Delivery Driver

Just to name a few...

Statistically speaking, there are plenty of occupations that carry with them exceptionally high risks of getting shot or stabbed. In fact, nearly all of the occupations listed above have higher rates of on-the-job shootings and stabbings than does police work, and most of them also pay less than does a law enforcement career.

I'm not saying this as a slight on the police, but it is important to point out that cops don't have a monopoly when it comes to facing high risks in return for crappy pay...in fact, odds are the guy delivering your pizza from Domino's this weekend faces risks that are at least equal to what your average police officer goes through, and the Domino's driver does so for less money.

MAC702
10-11-2012, 11:10
...A policeman's duty is to confront danger, not run from it.

The confrontation is the danger.

Big deal. Any parent/spouse has the same job at such a time.

Cops are well documented to stay outside of danger while assessing a situation so they can respond without being in danger themselves. And there is nothing wrong with this. We each have personal responsibility for our own safety. Cops are only responsible to society as a whole, and mostly do this through apprehending offenders, not by actually preventing crimes.

MAC702
10-11-2012, 11:12

Outstanding point! Cops against open carry (but for concealed carry) are hypocrites.

ray9898
10-11-2012, 11:15
Oh man.....this could be classic.

bmoore
10-11-2012, 11:26

How come you aren't doing it then?

bmoore
10-11-2012, 11:27
Cabbie
Liquor Store Clerk
Bicycle Courier
Security Guard
Convenience Store Clerk
Pizza Delivery Driver

I did some research on all those. None of them come close to police officers shot/stabbed and or assaulted on duty. Got any others?

MAC702
10-11-2012, 11:33
I did some research on all those. None of them come close to police officers shot/stabbed and or assaulted on duty. Got any others?

Since you just did it, do you care to share the research?

What are you using as the definition of "assault?" Its legal definition does not require physical violence.

tsmo1066
10-11-2012, 11:46

Wrong.

Cab drivers alone face risks of homicide and robbery on the job that are not just double or tripple, but well over FOUR TIMES higher than that of any other profession studied - including police work.

Here's a summary from one study presented at a North American Conference on workplace risks held a few years ago in Montreal which looks at the risks cabbies face in the United States and Canada.

http://www.taxi-library.org/Criminal_Intent_Workplace_Violence.htm

And another...

http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2000/Apr/wk1/art03.htm

Your facts are wrong.

mgs
10-11-2012, 11:49
9th according to this site!

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dangerous-jobs-2011-9?op=1

SGT HATRED
10-11-2012, 11:54
Why is this posted in the lounge? Trolling?

Gallium
10-11-2012, 11:55
occupations are like organ systems in the body. virtually all the critical and in some instances some are more important than others.

send from my phone I apologize for any errors

tsmo1066
10-11-2012, 11:59
9th according to this site!

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dangerous-jobs-2011-9?op=1

It's important to note that the listing you are looking at lists job risks of all types, not just shootings, stabbings and criminal attacks. Also, bear in mind that over 75% of all criminal assaults on cabbies never get reported! The first study I linked accounts for this and the government study I linked below it also partially accounts for the under-reporting phenomenon.

Based on that, they put the risk of criminal attack against cabbies at more than 4 times that of the average police officer.

Bill Powell
10-11-2012, 12:08
I'm glad this is here. I submitted a post one time and got a flame job sobad my feathers are still smoking. My brother was in law enforcement 30 years and Itry to honor his memory as much as possible. Here are a couple of his thoughts.

I've never been protected by a policeman in my life and don't expect to be. I got no problem with that. However, I really get pissed when I protect myself or my loved ones and when the law shows up their primary mission in life is to throw my ass in jail for doing what it was impossible for them to do.

His thoughts on police work were that it's kind of like being an airline pilot, 99 per cent boredoom and one per cent sheer, stark terror.

rockapede
10-11-2012, 12:22
I've never been protected by a policeman in my life and don't expect to be. I got no problem with that. However, I really get pissed when I protect myself or my loved ones and when the law shows up their primary mission in life is to throw my ass in jail for doing what it was impossible for them to do.

I'm sorry if you've had that experience. Believe me when I say that's not my approach to police work. Hell, I arrested a lady yesterday who'd gotten the absolute dog-poo kicked out of her when she showed up to another woman's residence drunk and refused to leave. I try my best to judge a scene objectively.

rockapede
10-11-2012, 12:25

I'd wager it's got more to do with most cops conducting themselves as if they've got a bullseye on their back, as opposed to many *NOT ALL* open carriers who conduct themselves as if they're invincible because they've got a gun on their hip.

Bill Powell
10-11-2012, 12:45
wasn't my experience, it was my brother's. I know that the protection offered by LEO to me is in an abstract sense. I got no problem with that.

Naelbis
10-11-2012, 13:05
I wish I made 100k+ a year. I don't even make 50% of the median pay for my county, which puts me in the bottom 25% for pay here. Heck, Wal-Mart starts people off here at roughly what we pay our new hires...which could possibly be why we have such a hard time finding or keeping people.

DanaT
10-11-2012, 13:15
A bit ironic isn't it. A police officer plagiarizing a work on how he is misunderstood. It just goes to show that police officers are human. They make mistakes also.

Isn't plagiarism also known as THEFT of intellectual property? Even college freshmen are taught that plagiarism is unacceptable and can (and often does) result in expulsion.

DanaT
10-11-2012, 13:16
I am just upset that all the cops drive almost new 911s

DanaT
10-11-2012, 13:17
Why is this in posted in the lounge? Trolling?

Trolling is against the TOS and someone who has sworn to uphold law and order wouldnt do that.

rockapede
10-11-2012, 13:19
Trolling is against the TOS and someone who has sworn to uphold law and order wouldnt do that.

I'm pretty sure the USSC said it's okay as long as the officer is undercover.

NeverMore1701
10-11-2012, 13:22
You know the saying:

"Right is right, even when nobody is doing it. And wrong is wrong, except when a cop is doing it."

:whistling:

DanaT
10-11-2012, 13:23
I'm pretty sure the USSC said it's okay as long as the officer is undercover.

Thats why they need the 911. But one would think that was just too obvious and would go for something like an FF.

MAC702
10-11-2012, 13:25
I'd wager it's got more to do with most cops conducting themselves as if they've got a bullseye on their back, as opposed to many *NOT ALL* open carriers who conduct themselves as if they're invincible because they've got a gun on their hip.

Far more cops walk around with the "invicible" gait than OC'ers, unless all your news comes from YouTube, of course.

m2hmghb
10-11-2012, 13:49

I don't know any officers in my area drawing that kind of money. I also know that in quite a few cases OT is MANDATORY meaning they don't have enough people. In addition court time is usually OT pay because the officer is on duty during the proceeding. Around here it's around 40-80k per year. Maybe in the rich suburbs. You also cannot count what you see in the papers for the simple fact that they take the highest earners only and list them, they don't bother to list things like how much OT was mandatory and so on.

DanaT
10-11-2012, 13:52
Mandatory overtime. Oh the humanity

http://news.discovery.com/history/2012/05/07/hindenberg-explosion-825.jpg

Southswede
10-11-2012, 14:00
Posting it with your fellow officers to vent it one thing. And its why I didn't comment on it in there, nor do I post negative comments much of at all in Cop Talk, because thats where cops go to vent. I, as well as almost every Glocktalk member (with a few notable troll exceptions) read and keep quiet in there out of respect.

Once you actually come out here into GNG thumping your chest, you're not just blowing off steam, you're making a statement to the rest of us about how we're not nice enough to you and how much you do for us. You're, for no discernable reason, coming in here and smashing an egg into our face just because you can.

Well, we can respond with all types of things. We can talk about the cop on trial now for anally violating suspects. We can talk about the cops who murdered people during Katrina. We can talk about the cops who burst into the wrong houses and gunned down the startled occupants. We can talk about how cops are given a break on breaking laws while in the course of duty and slapped on the wirst when someone else would get jail time. We can talk about the preferential treatment in everything from gas stations to traffic citations. We could go on and on and on about it.

Or we could just say, "Quit yer *****in' and take your paycheck. Go do another job if you don't like yours."

Your response shows just how accurate what I posted is.

Southswede
10-11-2012, 14:01
I think my posting history would classify me as almost always falling on the side of LEO, but this is dumb. It's just...dumb.

Must have truck a nerve.

Glock20 10mm
10-11-2012, 14:02
Mandatory overtime. Oh the humanity

http://news.discovery.com/history/2012/05/07/hindenberg-explosion-825.jpg

I prefer this one...

http://tableflipvineyard.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/oh-the-huge-manatee.jpg

Southswede
10-11-2012, 14:02
If my dentist upsets me, or does bad work, I can find another. My doctor cannot make my life miserable because he takes a dislike to me. Cops serve on the public's whim. Never forget that.

Seems the post and topic are reflective of you.

Southswede
10-11-2012, 14:03

I copied and pasted it.

PaulMason
10-11-2012, 14:04

I like the way you try to play with words.

The most dangerous job is any that deals with transportation.

About half the police officers killed last year were due to traffic issues.

http://www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-fatalities-data/

Total Fatalities
131 - 2011

Southswede
10-11-2012, 14:04
Southswede, I read you loud and clear and know where you're coming from, but I've gotta admit reposting this in GNG was probably not the best idea.

Or was it?

paul45
10-11-2012, 14:39
Or was it?

No, it wasn't.

Whining, crybaby threads belong in the whining, crybaby forum.

NeverMore1701
10-11-2012, 14:58
No, it wasn't.

Whining, crybaby threads belong in coptalk.

:whistling:

Southswede
10-11-2012, 15:21
No, it wasn't.

Whining, crybaby threads belong in the whining, crybaby forum.

Seems you fit right in, especially the whining part.:wavey:

concretefuzzynuts
10-11-2012, 15:49
Since I am a taxpayer, you work for me. Please get back to work.

And no Donuts today!!!

NeverMore1701
10-11-2012, 15:59

And no Donuts today!!!

I think that may interfere with the whole "going home safe at night" thing :supergrin:

nikerret
10-11-2012, 16:04

Point is, that police are not underpaid. They are up to par with pay according to their location. Those low starting numbers are all smoke and mirrors.

And those numbers put them into upper middle class. Even around this area.

I am just upset that all the cops drive almost new 911s

Where the hell are cops making this kind of money? Paid well, for the area? I'm right about in the middle of the labor workers, in my area. I make more than the lowests paid County Mechanic, but less than the local Twinkies line workers.

But, we all choose our jobs or professions.

Not true. A lot of people had a "calling" to do their profession. Others just find a job.

nikerret
10-11-2012, 16:05

And no Donuts today!!!

Nope, self-employed. I pay the same taxes as you (unless, you're "rich").

Rabbi
10-11-2012, 16:28

I am a fully sworn LEO and I DO volunteer.

When I show up for a patrol shift, I do the same thing as everyone else, by myself, for free.

Southswede
10-11-2012, 17:20

And no Donuts today!!!

I pay taxes too.

Southswede
10-11-2012, 17:22
I am a fully sworn LEO and I DO volunteer.

When I show up for a patrol shift, I do the same thing as everyone else, by myself, for free.

:yourock::perfect10::cop:

Tx-SIG229
10-11-2012, 17:37
if you don't like your job, then leave and find something else instead of going on the internet and complaining about people you've sworn to protect not kissing your ass

SGT HATRED
10-11-2012, 17:39
if you don't like your job, then leave and find something else instead of going on the internet and complaining about people you've sworn to protect not kissing your ass

:yourock::perfect10::crying:

Southswede
10-11-2012, 17:45

Actually I remember my oath very well. There was nothing in it at all about me being sworn to protect anyone......

Your post shows you don't have any idea of what law enforcement is about. But don't let the facts get in the way.......

Kingarthurhk
10-11-2012, 17:48

Stay safe.

Actually, that is a large part of the job. No one is ever happy to see you.

NeverMore1701

Cue cop rage in 3.... 2....

:supergrin:

Glock&KimberLady
Wow, the whining about six-figure pay is making my dogs put their paws over their ears.

You think cops should make Wal Mart worker pay?

People say the most boneheaded, asinine things on GNG sometimes. Let's go back to attacking Obama, shall we?

Southswede
I have to say that the response to this thread on GNG have not been a surprise in any way.

NeverMore1701
Ah, too late!

NeverMore1701
10-11-2012, 17:49
I have to say that the response to this thread on GNG have not been a surprise in any way.

But you posted it anyway, didn't ya bud :cool:

Kingarthurhk
10-11-2012, 17:49

And no Donuts today!!!

I also pay taxes. Additionally, if you want it back, I have a penny with your name on it, but that would be overpaying you.

SGT HATRED
10-11-2012, 17:58

Then please stick to Cop Talk and you can pat each other on the back all you want.

concretefuzzynuts
10-11-2012, 17:59
I also pay taxes. Additionally, if you want it back, I have a penny with your name on it, but that would be overpaying you.

So, I make a joke and somehow I offend the LEO's here? Is your skin that thin?

I've always respected the police. Never given one anything but respect. Even the ones who were ass holes, because I figure everyone has a bad day or two.

It was a joke. And you insult me? Also you claim to be a Christian, I've read your posts. Now I think less of Christians, less of you and less of the police.

Way to go.

JerryVO
10-11-2012, 18:15
I read this over in cop talk and chose not to respond but now that it is out I will. I think it is funny that over in CT right after a read this I read a post on how you purposely shine your spot lights in our mirrors at night just to blind us and almoas ALL of you said you did it. Then I read how all of us OCers should be treated like we are a threat until proven other wise . So as soon as you stop treating us all like common criminals I will treat you like a friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Fragman
10-11-2012, 18:18

It was pretty obviously a joke poking fun at the 'I pay your salary' idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmoore
10-11-2012, 18:23
I like the way you try to play with words.

The most dangerous job is any that deals with transportation.

About half the police officers killed last year were due to traffic issues.

http://www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-fatalities-data/

Total Fatalities
131 - 2011

The most dangerous jobs in America are always agriculture/farming. Clost to 400 a year on average, the numbers include minors under 18 playing in and around farm equipment which accounts for almost half the deaths.

Southswede
10-11-2012, 18:29
I read this over in cop talk and chose not to respond but now that it is out I will. I think it is funny that over in CT right after a read this I read a post on how you purposely shine your spot lights in our mirrors at night just to blind us and almoas ALL of you said you did it. Then I read how all of us OCers should be treated like we are a threat until proven other wise . So as soon as you stop treating us all like common criminals I will treat you like a friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Fair enough. In my state a traffic violation in a misdemeanor. So as soon as you stop committing crimes, I will no longer be required to treat you like the criminal you are. Then I will treat you like a friend.:wavey: