IRS using Middle East call center???? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IRS using Middle East call center????

Teej
10-11-2012, 20:14
Yesterday morning I called the IRS. After finally getting a live human to speak to I explained what I needed. I spoke to a very professional AMERICAN man. He determined I needed to speak to another dept. and put me on hold.

After several minutes of muzak a woman with a very strong middle eastern accent picked up. Asked me all of my personal identification questions, etc. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with her, asking her to repeat often due to her accent, but she was professional.

After hanging up I started wondering if I just happened to get connected to an IRS employee of middle easteren decent.

I start relaying this story to my friends and a good friend of mine answered that the same happened to him last week and that he finally asked the IRS person on the phone about their accent and the person on the phone told my friend that HE WAS Pakistani!!

So my question Glocktalkers, did my friend and I just happen to get IRS workers of middle eastern decent or....... is our United States of America's Internal Revenue Service using calling centers in Pakistan or any other middle eastern countries??????????

If so, I for one have some BIG issues with this and think MORE of America needs to know this.

Fragman
10-11-2012, 20:27
I have spoken to IRS a few times. Only got Americans. Really nice ones too.
I also seem to remember reading somewhere that federal money can't be used for outsourcing or something like that. Can't get more 'federal money' than the IRS.

Wish I could recall the context of where I heard that. Suppose I could dig around....

ETA:
I can't find anything that helps me remember the source of my statement above. Might not be correct at all! Still, I can't fathom them outsourcing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teej
10-11-2012, 20:37
Well I have to call back in a couple of weeks. If I get another IRS reprentative with a middle eastern accent I'm flat out going to ask them what country they are speaking to me from?

Again, the first man I spoke to was American. After he transfered me and I was on hold for several minutes, then this person with the middle eastern accent picked up.

Teej
10-12-2012, 18:37
guess no one knows?

DaneA
10-12-2012, 18:53
No, you were speaking to the call center in Chicago. Staffed by obama's family.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

jeepinbandit
10-12-2012, 19:25
No, you were speaking to the call center in Chicago. Staffed by obama's family.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

:rofl::rofl:

JW1178
10-12-2012, 20:57
I hate jobs being outsoursed but honestly, I would rather see jobs outsourced rather than given to a bunch of smug, snotty, rude, unproductive, overpaid union government employees.

It's hard to understand Habib but at least we don't have to pay him double the salary for 60+ years for 20 years of service.

certifiedfunds
10-12-2012, 21:05
Good. I hope it pisses people off. Why would it surprise anyone? The IRS and IRS agents are scumbags. Outsource the whole friggin bureau to the 3rd world.

HollowHead
10-12-2012, 21:08
Pakistan is in the Middle East? HH

fnfalman
10-12-2012, 21:22

Isn't Pakistan is where the ay-rabs live?

HollowHead
10-12-2012, 21:27
Isn't Pakistan is where the ay-rabs live?

No, that's Michigan. HH

JW1178
10-12-2012, 22:01
The IRS would feel right at home in the middle east with all the other terrorists organizations.

skeeter1959
10-12-2012, 22:02

No...Middle Earth. :rofl:

USAF96815
10-13-2012, 04:42
The IRS and IRS agents are scumbag.

:upeyes:

droidfire
10-13-2012, 06:39
I hate jobs being outsoursed but honestly, I would rather see jobs outsourced rather than given to a bunch of smug, snotty, rude, unproductive, overpaid union government employees.

It's hard to understand Habib but at least we don't have to pay him double the salary for 60+ years for 20 years of service.

To clarify - you have no problems with shipping the kind of information the IRS has, and the depth of it, on American citizens to another country?

Sending to a part of the world in which...

...well, think about it.

Teej
10-13-2012, 06:59
To clarify - you have no problems with shipping the kind of information the IRS has, and the depth of it, on American citizens to another country?

Sending to a part of the world in which...

...well, think about it.

THANK YOU!!!! Someone with the same concerns as I. The kind of cyber financial attacks that could be launched on America and our citizens with this kind of, and AMOUNT of personal info is very scary.

That is IF IN FACT THERE IS a IRS call center for ANY IRS department that is within another country. How can we find out if in fact there is?????????

certifiedfunds
10-13-2012, 07:18
:upeyes:

Clearly you've never had any dealings with them.

It would be a beautiful thing for every IRS employee to get outsourced.

Z71bill
10-13-2012, 08:19
There are millions of American citizens that speak with an accent. If you think someone with a "strong middle eastern accent " can't be American you are not very bright.

BTW - it is also not a good idea to get tax advise from the "800" IRS number.

Not sure why you needed to call them - but understand that anything they tell you or agree to over the phone will mean NOTHING -

You could call the IRS 5 times with the same simple question and get 8 different answers. :dunno:

Cali-Glock
10-13-2012, 09:00
Naw, that call center is right here in the good old USA. The IRS uses call centers in prison, part of a dual program to provide meaningful employment for prisoners and to begin training them for full time IRS field agents when they get released. It is a wonderful program - I wish all our government agencies were so progressive.

:-) sarcasm off :-)

certifiedfunds
10-13-2012, 09:07
Naw, that call center is right here in the good old USA. The IRS uses call centers in prison, part of a dual program to provide meaningful employment for prisoners and to begin training them for full time IRS field agents when they get released. It is a wonderful program - I wish all our government agencies were so progressive.

:-) sarcasm off :-)

well, if you need a huge staff of scum sucking thieves, prisons are the right place to recruit, no?

G36's Rule
10-13-2012, 09:17

Yes, Pakistan is often stated as being part of the Middle Eastern region.

Teej
10-13-2012, 15:01
There are millions of American citizens that speak with an accent. If you think someone with a "strong middle eastern accent " can't be American you are not very bright.

"clarification in case anyone not very bright reads"

The inference I made was that myself AND a different friend both called the IRS within 7 days of each other and BOTH of us just happened to speak to people with distinct middle eastern accents.

** and I'll repost the very last part of my post in case anyone not bright enough to read the entire post jumps to conclusions **

"So my question Glocktalkers, did my friend and I just happen to get IRS workers of middle eastern decent or....... is our United States of America's Internal Revenue Service using calling centers in Pakistan or any other middle eastern countries??"

I never made any statements insinuating anyone with an accent could not be an American citizen. Which was the reason for my question

fnfalman
10-13-2012, 15:49
Yes, Pakistan is often stated as being part of the Middle Eastern region.

Which map of the world did you look at?:rofl:

Teej
10-13-2012, 16:37
Which map of the world did you look at?:rofl:

Who the heck cares? This is NOT what my post was about.

YES Pakistan is part of Asia, but it is very often described as being part of the middle east depending on who and how far back into history you look.

How is this. The IRS employees that my friend and I spoke to both had accents that we NOT African, European, Asian or Ukrainian but sounded from the region in the middle.

I "thought" the IRS woman I spoke with HAD a Pakistani accent when in fact the IRS man my friend happened to speak with actually told my friend that he was Pakistani.

Let me point out for others....... I spoke to a woman, my friend spoke to a man so we did not speak to the same person.

And it really does not matter where they are from. Argue geography in another thread.

DOES our IRS employ the use of ANY call centers outside the borders of the United States of America? Is it even possible that the IRS could? If anyone claims that Yes the IRS does, can you provide any link or documentation that it is fact?