Who won!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who won!!

Ace90
10-11-2012, 20:44
Ok so there are quite a few threads about the vp debate goin on here but I want to know who you all thought won. I turned on MSNBC just to keep an open mind and they think Biden blew Ryan away, I completely disagree, what do you all think?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ChuteTheMall
10-11-2012, 20:46
Biden's clown antics won't win over any independents or undecideds, but he probably cheered up some dispirited union goons who were in his pocket anyway.

:deadhorse:

Chronos
10-11-2012, 20:48
Obama probably got a little more out of it than Romney did, due mainly to the way the last one left off. But I imagine the whole thing will register mostly as a WTF.

PaulMason
10-11-2012, 20:49
The abortion question showed the moderator's prejudice.

I don't think the VP debate mean much.

jdavionic
10-11-2012, 20:49
I'd say it will be perceived as a draw.

Biden's mannerisms were obvious and not well received. However he kept Ryan on the defense, with the help of Martha.

callihan_44
10-11-2012, 20:53
ryan serious, biden ...weird..he sold the you gotta be crazy look everytime ryan was speaking.... biden laughing during the nuke-mideast discussion p-issed me off...the mideast in chaos is not a laughing matter and this administration is responsible

countrygun
10-11-2012, 20:58
Krauthammer pretty much said what I was thinking

JFrame
10-11-2012, 21:00

Krauthammer said that if you read a transcript, you'd think it was a draw.

If you listened to the radio, you might think Biden won.

If you watched it on TV, you'll likely come away preferring Ryan.

Assuming the majority of people watched the televised debate, it would favor Ryan.

jdavionic
10-11-2012, 21:02

Assuming the majority of people watched the televised debate, it would favor Ryan.

He also said that it set the foundation for the next two big debates. Biden was the attack dog sent in to test the enemy's defenses. They really don't care how nasty he looks. He was there to test the other extreme so they can decide where to gauge Obama in the next debate.

coastal4974
10-11-2012, 21:19
No winner but Biden looked liked the village idiot with his laughing about Americans getting killed for no reason in wars that we cant win

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine.

Gunnut 45/454
10-11-2012, 22:10
Yep considering Joe has way more experience at debates I think Ryan did well ! With Biden and his pompus attitude I give it to Ryan .:supergrin:

LASTRESORT20
10-11-2012, 22:20

Nail it! ^^^

If one like`s "Joker juice kool-aid" they would of liked biden

automatic slim
10-12-2012, 01:32
I could make about 20 minutes, and that was all I could take.

Jo-Jo doesn't seem to take anything seriously. We all know he's an idiot, but his little laughs at some serious damn stuff, that made me "like" the guy even more.:steamed:

Ryan is a young'un. He talks too fast. He reminded me of some guitar players I know, trying to play 100 notes, when you only need one.

I could not stand it when the Jo-Jo and the woman started ganging up on Paul Ryan. I got disgusted and turned the TV off.

happyguy
10-12-2012, 03:20
I personally think most people will consider it a draw but they will also think Biden is an ass.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

G19G20
10-12-2012, 03:26

I dont know about you but I definitely look to Charles Krauthammer for unbiased political commentary. He's a bastion of impartiality.

^That's a joke.

Ryan looked timid while Biden looked arrogant. Arrogance beats timidity every time. Still not much substance to the debate but I did enjoy the foreign policy section.

Snowman92D
10-12-2012, 05:51
Arrogance beats timidity every time.

Oh...I dunno. It didn't seem to help you convert everyone to Ron Paul's cause before, during or after the primaries. So do you really think it's gonna work for Biden? :supergrin:

BuckyP
10-12-2012, 06:02

I thought this was a good analysis, and agree as well. It's not as clear cut as the last debate (Romney / Obama), as to who the victor was.

I think Biden came off as despicable. It not only appeared that the thought he knew better / was above Ryan, but when he talked directly into the audience, felt I know better than you.

One more thing, Biden talks about using the credit card to fund two wars. Didn't have vote for both of them? If so, would had been nice if Ryan had and used that information. :dunno:

Snowman92D
10-12-2012, 06:12
More on Joe Biden's "win". :rofl:

Laughing at the Issues - YouTube

RussP
10-12-2012, 06:24
Ryan looked timid while Biden looked arrogant. Arrogance beats timidity every time. Still not much substance to the debate but I did enjoy the foreign policy section.Timid? No.

Tolerant of foolish, rude, insensitive, juvenile behavior? Yes.

And then there was Raddatz. CNN described her well:Washington (CNN) -- At times it seemed as if Martha Raddatz, who moderated Thursday's vice presidential debate, was the third debater.This was a tag team debate, only Paul Ryan wasn't allowed a partner.

Rabid Rabbit
10-12-2012, 06:35
More on Joe Biden's "win". :rofl:

Laughing at the Issues - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCtemaHgjyA)

Excellent ad:supergrin:

Vic777
10-12-2012, 06:46
Biden's clown antics won't win over any independents or undecideds, but he probably cheered up some dispirited union goons who were in his pocket anyway.

:deadhorse:I sort of agree, I wonder how many typical Dumocrats actually watch these things, there are other shows like the Kardashians and reality shows to compete for their viewing time. So I wonder how many Dumocrats are actually influenced. So it come to the Independents who are more intelligent, they can follow an argument.

series1811
10-12-2012, 07:16
The biggest negative I saw for the Democrats in this debate is that you can only criticize Ryan and Romney's plan for so long before you have to either:

a. produce your own plan, or

b. admit you don't have one.

Anybody want to guess how hard it is going to be to get them to do "a" or "b"?

Bren
10-12-2012, 07:24
Ryan looked timid while Biden looked arrogant. Arrogance beats timidity every time. Still not much substance to the debate but I did enjoy the foreign policy section.

Interesting. This is something I see with lawyers, in court. Lawyers who follow the rules and act civil, with the decorum expected in the profession, get respect from lawyers and judges. On the other hand, the lawyers who are loud, obnoxious, interrupt, etc., are seen as impressive by the criminal defendants and less bright laymen. But, in the end, those loud obnoxious lawyers hurt their clients - often worse than going to court with no lawyer at all. The clients never seem to figure that out and they think the guys who don't interrupt or argue are being passive - they are impressed by the lawyers who consistently hurt their clients' interest and are considered clowns in the profession. I guess it's like how things have to be big, bright and loud to impress simple people.

But, anyhow, when even CNN's polling says Ryan was the winner, Ryan was the winner.

series1811
10-12-2012, 07:26

In the foreign policy section, or in the merry go round section of the fifth grade playground?

Arrogance beats substance with the Democrats' base, which is who Biden was preaching to last night.

Snowman92D
10-12-2012, 07:29
I guess it's like how things have to be big, bright and loud to impress simple people.

Ow...!!! Damn...that had to hurt! :okie:

marchboom
10-12-2012, 07:51
The moderator "Martha" definitely showed that she was in the tank for obama. I've never seen a moderator cut off people so much. Just when Ryan was answering the question that Martha asked, she cut him off. With "good ol' joe" I can see cutting off someone who is just rambling on.

Martha...Another obama POS follower.

DOC44
10-12-2012, 07:55
Timid? No.

Tolerant of foolish, rude, insensitive, juvenile behavior? Yes.

And then there was Raddatz. CNN described her well:This was a tag team debate, only Paul Ryan wasn't allowed a partner.

Agree. It was quite obvious.

Doc44

JFrame
10-12-2012, 08:10
Ryan is a young'un. He talks too fast. He reminded me of some guitar players I know, trying to play 100 notes, when you only need one.

I could not stand it when the Jo-Jo and the woman started ganging up on Paul Ryan. I got disgusted and turned the TV off.

Regarding Ryan's speech pattern -- I agree, but you should have stuck it out from that standpoint, because Ryan calmed down considerably at about the half-hour mark, slowed his speech, and seemed like the one adult at the table for the remainder of the evening.

I'm guessing it was just game-time adrenalin at the beginning of the debate, and as it wore off, Ryan got "into the game." I see that a lot in football games also.

Totally agree about the Biden/Martha tag team...

JFrame
10-12-2012, 08:11
I dont know about you but I definitely look to Charles Krauthammer for unbiased political commentary. He's a bastion of impartiality.

^That's a joke.

Actually, Krauthammer is quite clinical in viewing events. You would know that if you actually listened to what he says and writes.

But I'm sure you also think he's racist.

BuckyP
10-12-2012, 08:34
The biggest negative I saw for the Democrats in this debate is that you can only criticize Ryan and Romney's plan for so long before you have to either:

a. produce your own plan, or

b. admit you don't have one.

Anybody want to guess how hard it is going to be to get them to do "a" or "b"?

One of the striking things about the debate as how Ryan's two opponents were brow beating him for such specific details of the Romney / Ryan plan, where not a single detail was asked of Biden. I guess with Obama and Biden, we must assume more of the same... which has been working so well thus far. :upeyes:

jeanderson
10-12-2012, 08:43
Ok so there are quite a few threads about the vp debate goin on here but I want to know who you all thought won. I turned on MSNBC just to keep an open mind and they think Biden blew Ryan away, I completely disagree, what do you all think?

MSNBC? Open Mind? Dude, MSNBC is an arm of the Obama campaign.

I'm a conservative so I'm going to say Ryan won, but only on substance (a little sarcasm there, OK). Unfortunately, this country seems more interested in style and in-your-face one-liners. Biden came out blazing, and given the 6th grade mindset of today's electorate, I would say he won. But in the end, this counts for a fraction of what any one of the three presidential debates count for.

Snowman92D
10-12-2012, 09:02
Actually, Krauthammer is quite clinical in viewing events.

I suspect that, with him, it's more an issue of Krauthammer being a Jew.

Zombie Surgeon
10-12-2012, 09:47
Ryan was the only adult sitting at the debate table. He was calm, decent and patiently presented his arguments even if most times he was interrupted by both his opponent and the hostile moderator.
Considering Biden's rude and disrespectful performance Ryan held his temper A LOT better than I would have been capable of.
Even the liberal CNN gave the victory to Ryan - and that speaks volumes.

ChuteTheMall
10-12-2012, 09:49
I suspect that, with him, it's more an issue of Krauthammer being a Jew.

Paulistinians being anti-Jewish? Imagine that.:whistling:

Zombie Surgeon
10-12-2012, 09:54
Paulistinians being anti-Jewish? Imagine that.:whistling:

They are not anti-Jewish. They are anti-Zionist.
:brickwall:

PocketProtector
10-12-2012, 10:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace90 View Post

MNSBC??????:rofl:

Thats's a sword swallower short of a circus.....Oh Raddatz works for ABC.

Zombie Surgeon
10-12-2012, 10:06
http://iowntheworld.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/laff.jpg

JFrame
10-12-2012, 13:56

...That's great! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/biggrin.gifhttp://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/good3.gif

jakebrake
10-12-2012, 15:19
...That's great! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/biggrin.gifhttp://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/good3.gif

and, rather tragic at the same time.

JFrame
10-12-2012, 15:23
and, rather tragic at the same time.

True...That Biden was able to become this nation's VP is tragic in itself...

rick458
10-12-2012, 15:51
I thought Ryan won on substance, I am sure lots of viewers thought Biden won, ignoring that every word out of his mouth was a lie.

countrygun
10-12-2012, 15:57
Ask people you talk to in the next three days what they remember about the debate.

I have a feeling what the "most Memorable" part will be, and it won't be good for the Obama ticket. People will remember it because it was repulsive.

DMaddox
10-12-2012, 16:24
To me, Ryan looked and sounded like an intelligent person. The basswipe sitting next to him, Crazy Uncle Joe, p-o'd me so bad, I wanted to reach through the tv and slap the smile off of his face. It ticks me off still today!

Ryan won.

G19G20
10-12-2012, 18:28
Actually, Krauthammer is quite clinical in viewing events. You would know that if you actually listened to what he says and writes.

Racist? Dunno about that. I know he's a Zionist neocon warmonger though. Like you said, just gotta actually listen to what he says.

JFrame
10-12-2012, 18:30
Racist? Dunno about that. I know he's a Zionist neocon warmonger though. Like you said, just gotta actually listen to what he says.

I've unfortunately listened to what you say. That's why I figured you would pull out the race card.

jakebrake
10-12-2012, 18:32
I've unfortunately listened to what you say. That's why I figured you would pull out the race card.

ever wonder if he own jackboots?

countrygun
10-12-2012, 18:39
ever wonder if he own jackboots?

Sandals and a sharp rock most likely.

JFrame
10-12-2012, 18:41

I was going to say jack-sandals.

Brilliant minds work alike... :supergrin:

bonehead098
10-12-2012, 19:51
After the first Ryan interruption by Martha I'd had enough & changed to playoff baseball.
I watched parts of it today & watched many news segments. Biden was condescending, arrogant, & disrespectful at best & Martha was helping the dems. cause at least. I hope this translates to a Ryan win in the long run. IMO Biden came across as a pompous ass.

DOC44
10-12-2012, 19:56

:rofl::rofl:

SMALL sharp rock for concealment.

Doc44

G19G20
10-13-2012, 03:24
After the first Ryan interruption by Martha I'd had enough & changed to playoff baseball.
I watched parts of it today & watched many news segments. Biden was condescending, arrogant, & disrespectful at best & Martha was helping the dems. cause at least. I hope this translates to a Ryan win in the long run. IMO Biden came across as a pompous ass.

To be fair, she cut both guys off a lot and kept the speaking time way more equal than the first pres debate. It wasn't ignored that Obama got an entire 4 minutes more time than Romney did. I thought she was impartial and didn't take candidates talking over her and that's what the moderator is supposed to do.

Bren
10-13-2012, 05:07
True...That Biden was able to become this nation's VP is tragic in itself...

All I can say is, Barack Obama, Ted Kennedy, Sheila Jackson Lee, Cynthia McKinney, Hank Johnson.

EDIT: Before I get called racist, I just tried to list some of the most ridiculously unbelievable politicians to get elected to national office - I didn't actually think about the race until after the list was made. Now it makes me wonder if getting elected based on race alone was around long before Obama and might explain that.

JFrame
10-13-2012, 08:12
All I can say is, Barack Obama, Ted Kennedy, Sheila Jackson Lee, Cynthia McKinney, Hank Johnson.

EDIT: Before I get called racist, I just tried to list some of the most ridiculously unbelievable politicians to get elected to national office - I didn't actually think about the race until after the list was made. Now it makes me wonder if getting elected based on race alone was around long before Obama and might explain that.

Yep...They are all kit and kaboodle part of a continuing national tragedy.

marchboom
10-13-2012, 10:56

Excellent! Love it! Accurate too.

madbaumer
10-13-2012, 11:42

You forgot Corrine Brown.:frown: