Biden won the debate - but [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Biden won the debate - but

G19G20
10-12-2012, 02:25
Biden won the debate. If Ryan tells me about someone he met on the campaign trail one more time I will scream. :burn:

Biden won because the VP on the ticket is meant to be the aggressive one while the Pres stays Presidential. Ryan didn't match Biden's ferocity but Biden came off as a dick. Will Biden's smug hurt more than help? He looked very condescending and filled Clint's "smile with a body behind it" line.

Just the GTPI Paul weathervane's .02.

happyguy
10-12-2012, 03:18
I thought it was a draw but biden came off as a self-absorbed ass.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

jdavionic
10-12-2012, 03:52
I thought Ryan won, but also thought it would be perceived by the masses as a draw...therefore it was a draw. However it looks like the more people agreed that Ryan won
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447402

Bren
10-12-2012, 03:55
Even the left-wingers at CNN say Ryan won - and that's just polling their heavily democrat audience.:upeyes:

Bruce H
10-12-2012, 04:41
Ryan is a far better man than me. Biden would have been laying in the floor after the fourty sixth interuption. The moderator woulod have been in dental surgery today.

How about we have a debate.

John43
10-12-2012, 04:50
I thought it was about even. The drawback for me was Biden laughing. This isn't a game we are playing with our countries future. I think we should go to a ONE term for president. If you can't fix it in four years you cant fix it!

ModGlock17
10-12-2012, 05:13
Even the left-wingers at CNN say Ryan won - and that's just polling their heavily democrat audience.:upeyes:

Paulbots are left of left wingers ?

ModGlock17
10-12-2012, 05:17
I thought it was about even. The drawback for me was Biden laughing. This isn't a game we are playing with our countries future. I think we should go to a ONE term for president. If you can't fix it in four years you cant fix it!

With candidates, people have to ask, "What WILL you do for me ?"

With incumbents, people have to ask, "What HAVE you DONE for me LATELY ?"

Those questions should be the criteria for casting your vote. Keep it simple.

Bren
10-12-2012, 05:34
Paulbots are left of left wingers ?

That's what I've learned on Glock Talk.

marchboom
10-12-2012, 08:06
biden's demeanor represented the obama presidency...arrogant, disrespectful, condescending and a complete lack of class.

But I didn't expect anything else from him.

And that POS moderator has to go.

JFrame
10-12-2012, 08:20
I think we can generally agree that the VP ticket is not a deal-breaker for the presidential election.

Having said that -- and assuming that most people watched the debate on TV, versus picking any other venue to take it in -- one really has to wonder what impact Joe's mugging, grinning, smirking, and otherwise acting the total jackass, will have on peoples' perceptions. Al Gore's incessant sighing in one debate undid his performance.

Considering the fact that Romney absolute PWNED Obama in the first debate, if Ryan even extracted a draw in his debate, he did no harm, and kept the edge for Romney/Ryan.

pipedreams
10-12-2012, 08:29
biden's demeanor represented the obama presidency...arrogant, disrespectful, condescending and a complete lack of class.

:agree: ...........................

MLM
10-12-2012, 08:35
Word has it that biden was aggressive. I think rude is a better word.

BuckyP
10-12-2012, 09:26

:goodpost:

Zombie Surgeon
10-12-2012, 09:33
Biden won the debate.

If a debate is won not by the force of arguments but by laughing uncontrollably, sneering, smirking, interrupting your opponent 81 times and making yourself look like the disrespectful and rude jerk you are, then yes - Biden won the debate.

But then, it is widely known that Paulbots are adopting the same "debate" tactics when debating on Internet message boards so I am not surprised at all.

Zombie Surgeon
10-12-2012, 10:08
http://youtu.be/gTW7pokpM48

MrGlock21
10-12-2012, 10:42
He didn't win any debate but made certain people feel good. So yes, he reached his objective.
Smart indipendent voters will find Ryan more credible.

We saw what we already knew: the old man is not a case of dignified bearing.

Jerry
10-12-2012, 11:02

That's the fact Jack!!!!!!!!!!

When they said the modorator was from ABC I turned to my wife and said. How one sided do think this is going to be. Every time she let Biden interrupt and every to time "she" cut Ryan off I said THERE YOU GO!. I though the wife was going to throw something and TV.

I thought Ryan should have been more forceful but sowed sooooooooo much more class.

madbaumer
10-12-2012, 11:03
Biden's mission last night was to neither out shine the POTUS or really screw up. Acting like the ass he is was an attempt to force Ryan to lose his cool. He Failed!

countrygun
10-12-2012, 11:09
He didn't win any debate but made certain people feel good. So yes, he reached his objective.
Smart indipendent voters will find Ryan more credible.

We saw what we already knew: the old man is not a case of dignified bearing.

His smugness only played to those already in his pocket, it really didn't impress undecideds.

I think he even embarrassed some of their own supporters, the "smarter" ones at least.

"HEY, AMERICA there was your Vice-President at his "Best"

Proud yet?

Jerry
10-12-2012, 11:10
http://youtu.be/gTW7pokpM48

Priceless! Needs to go viral.

kirgi08
10-12-2012, 13:11
:popcorn:

FFR Spyder GT
10-12-2012, 13:24
Ryan is a far better man than me. Biden would have been laying in the floor after the fourty sixth interuption. .

Face it, Ryan is a pansy.

I think we can generally agree that the VP ticket is not a deal-breaker for the presidential election.
]

I guess you have forgot about the 2008 election.

Word has it that biden was aggressive.

Yep and Ryan was a wussie.

I thought Ryan should have been more forceful but sowed sooooooooo much more WIMPINESS.

There, fixed it for you!

Ryan came off as a Momma's boy pansy, which is what he is.

aircarver
10-12-2012, 13:27
Down to name-calling all you got, eh ? ... :upeyes:

kirgi08
10-12-2012, 13:28
Give ya a dollar ta say that ftf with him.'08. :upeyes:

Not you AC.

LASTRESORT20
10-12-2012, 13:35

Bren.... Shhhhhhhhhh....The fisty angry Lemmings dont want to hear that....:supergrin:

LASTRESORT20
10-12-2012, 13:40

There, fixed it for you!

LOL! ^^^^

Biden "came off" as a Dirty `ol angry senile gay Old White guy trying to impress his failed chosen one.:)

itstime
10-12-2012, 13:44

This. I wish Ryan would have asked him what was so funny. Just once. I was waiting for it.

Or are you acting like that about what I'm saying or the people believe the crap your administration says? Because THAT is funny.

countrygun
10-12-2012, 13:52

There, fixed it for you!

It is coming up to Halloween, so I guess it is fitting that you are breaking out your scariest stupidity.

:wow:

Providence
10-12-2012, 13:57

+100!

Please vote! It's that important!

BuckyP
10-12-2012, 14:18

Looks like it was you that forgot. McCain was NEVER going to beat Obama. Palin gave him a bit of a bump.

JFrame
10-12-2012, 14:20
Looks like it was you that forgot. McCain was NEVER going to beat Obama. Palin gave him a bit of a bump.

Please don't confuse Spyder with reality. He also thinks Obama won the first debate against Romney:

I guess y'all watched a different debate than the rest of the world watched.

IvanVic
10-12-2012, 14:36
Ryan is a far better man than me. Biden would have been laying in the floor after the fourty sixth interuption. The moderator woulod have been in dental surgery today.

How about we have a debate.

Yikes. Look for this guy in the news if Obama somehow manages to win.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

IvanVic
10-12-2012, 14:40
This. I wish Ryan would have asked him what was so funny. Just once. I was waiting for it.

Or are you acting like that about what I'm saying or the people believe the crap your administration says? Because THAT is funny.

Mr. Biden, do you find the troubling issues facing America today to be humorous? Moreover, when speaking to an African American audience a few weeks ago you told them that republicans wanted to put them back in chains. Since we learned tonight that you "always mean what you say," can you look into the camera and explain such a hateful remark to the American people?

Game, set, match.

ModGlock17
10-12-2012, 14:45
Mr. Biden, do you find the troubling issues facing America today to be humorous? ....

He found 4 dead Americans to be humorous.

I think Ryan was told not to attack Biden so much. Attacking him would inhibit his personality. Let him be comfortable, then the personality comes out for people to see.

All those smirks and interruptions are hurting him. I am sure of it.

jakebrake
10-12-2012, 14:53
if denegrating the office, pissing off the independents, and possibly earning a subpeona was the objective, then yes biden won.

if acting like he was stoned, or needed to find the closest window to lick was the objective, it was a slam dunk for biden

if showing the welfare wombats, and kool aid guzzlers that you still have their back at our expense was the target, biden nailed it.

if having answers, ideas and class was the goal, ryan smacked it out of the park.

Snowman92D
10-12-2012, 15:04
Great post! :goodpost:

Biden acted like the obnoxious, loudmouth half-drunk uncle everyone has been annoyed by at a family reunion.

Speakin' of which...anybody know what Biden's BAC was? I've heard his poison is Bombay gin. :drunk:

Bruce H
10-12-2012, 21:21
Yikes. Look for this guy in the news if Obama somehow manages to win.

Golly gee whiz. 1200 is back with the same old BS.

kirgi08
10-12-2012, 21:53
Mornin Bruce.'08.

Sam Spade
10-12-2012, 22:33
CNN--Ryan 48, Biden 44.

And that's probably with a D+9 survey.

FFR Spyder GT
10-13-2012, 09:33

Actually Palin killed any chance that McCain had at winning.

It is coming up to Halloween, so I guess it is fitting that you are breaking out your scariest stupidity.

:wow:

+1!

I'm going to borrow a uniform from the local Pizza Pit and pretend that I'm a +50yo SWM w/out kids (think God! ) that lives with his Mom, has a "Command Post" in their Mom's basement and has a part-time job at the Pizza Pit.

Oh, the name tag will read "COUNTRYGUN"!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

marchboom
10-13-2012, 10:51
The choice of a vice president reflects the mindset of the president. Ryan was a great pick by Romney. Can't say the same for obama. That's the best obama could come up with? You got to be kidding! :wow:

But I firmly believe that biden was chosen to be life insurance for obama. And so far it's working.

jakebrake
10-13-2012, 10:57
The choice of a vice president reflects the mindset of the president. Ryan was a great pick by Romney. Can't say the same for obama. That's the best obama could come up with? You got to be kidding! :wow:

But I firmly believe that biden was chosen to be life insurance for obama. And so far it's working.

he brought money to the 08 campaign, and brought the union vote.

Bruce H
10-13-2012, 11:52
Mornin Bruce.'08.

Sorry, little slow getting around. Have been engaged in that four letter word the 47% hate. Work:whistling:

Have a nice day.

countrygun
10-13-2012, 13:17
Actually Palin killed any chance that McCain had at winning.

+1!

I'm going to borrow a uniform from the local Pizza Pit and pretend that I'm a +50yo SWM w/out kids (think God! ) that lives with his Mom, has a "Command Post" in their Mom's basement and has a part-time job at the Pizza Pit.

Oh, the name tag will read "COUNTRYGUN"!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh dear, you are projecting again, tell the Doc to fiddle with your meds some more.

They are affecting your memory a bit though, (of course you were just going into puberty during the last election) but, you see, you misssed the fact that people didn't like McCain and he wa milquetoast-ish so it was easy to make the campaign about Palin. Actually , she was the better half of the team.

Oh, BTW now that you are in your senior yea of High school. watch out for that Statistics class, I have a feeling you're going to have a hard time with it from what I've seen from you.