I kept the telemarketer on for over 30 mins. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I kept the telemarketer on for over 30 mins.

Vic777
10-12-2012, 14:26
I kept the telemarketer on for over 30 minutes, a new record! I didn't record the exact start time so I'm not sure of the exact call length but it was over thirty minutes, he hung up when I couldn't stop laughing as I knew I was making a personal best. Something to do when you're surfing, just make sure you turn your computer volume off and find an excuse for the keystrokes, tell him you're trying to find your credit card number or something.

This is a good sport, maybe a little mean as these people are trying to make a living, but they're also trying to rip you off.

There's a real technique to keeping these guys on the line, they have to think you're a sucker with money.

Once when I knew a guy was going to hangup I begged him to stay on for another minute, he said, " Why?"

I told him I was going for a new personal best ....LMAO!

czsmithGT
10-12-2012, 14:29
I just hang up on them immediately- I'm not interested in wasting 30 seconds of my life much less 30 minutes on some telemarketer drone who has zero to do with the actual company.

frank4570
10-12-2012, 14:30
Nice! I engage in this sport sometimes myself. I think my record is about 20 minutes for the vitamin pack salesman.

CitizenOfDreams
10-12-2012, 14:37
But... But they are just people who are trying to do their job and feed the family!

Nah, just kidding. I have no sympathy for telemarkerters. To them, I am just a number in the automatic dialer. To me, they are scumbags who waste my time.

LSUAdman
10-12-2012, 15:02
I did the once a few years back. Kept the lady on for about 30 or 40 minutes. We talked about her children, what she majored in college, what she would think about if she moved to Florida (how we got to that point, I have no clue).

Finally she says her supervisor is watching her and that she needs to close the sale. I tell her I need to talk to my wife and asked if she could call back tomorrow (Saturday) so we could close the deal. She was so eager, she booked a time and everything.

The next day we just sat next to the phone waiting for it to ring. When it did....we left the house. Too fun.

JLB768
10-12-2012, 15:07
When I get junk mail in the mailbox, and it has a paid return envelope, I cut out coupons (pizza, or whatever), and send it back to them. I rarely see them send another piece of junkmail to me.

Bucknasty
10-12-2012, 15:21
I did the once a few years back. Kept the lady on for about 30 or 40 minutes. We talked about her children, what she majored in college, what she would think about if she moved to Florida (how we got to that point, I have no clue).

Finally she says her supervisor is watching her and that she needs to close the sale. I tell her I need to talk to my wife and asked if she could call back tomorrow (Saturday) so we could close the deal. She was so eager, she booked a time and everything.

The next day we just sat next to the phone waiting for it to ring. When it did....we left the house. Too fun.

It may come as a surprise, but you could have left the house at anytime. They don't know if you're home or not. But I guess if your time is worthless enough to talk to a telemarketer about her kids, staring at a phone all day isn't bad.

GVFlyer
10-12-2012, 15:24
I think that's sorta like seeing how long you can stay in an argument with a special-ed kid.

nursetim
10-12-2012, 15:29
Playing flaming gay works well for guys. It got rid of a predatory creditor for me once.

Bren
10-12-2012, 15:51
I kept the telemarketer on for over 30 minutes, a new record!

On the other hand, the telemarketer kept you on for 30 minutes you'll never get back. Impressive.:upeyes:

JMS
10-12-2012, 15:58
On the other hand, the telemarketer kept you on for 30 minutes you'll never get back. Impressive.:upeyes:

We finally agree on something :wow:

Chiefret
10-12-2012, 16:08
Classic telemarketer pranking.

Tom Mabe Murder Scene Prank Call - YouTube

LSUAdman
10-12-2012, 16:21
It may come as a surprise, but you could have left the house at anytime. They don't know if you're home or not. But I guess if your time is worthless enough to talk to a telemarketer about her kids, staring at a phone all day isn't bad.

And I guess yours is worthless enough to be snarky on an internet board. :cool:

racer11
10-12-2012, 16:25
I play with them all the time,,, I enjoy the calls and the entertainment they provide. I try to keep them on as long as I can or piss them off as much as I can. One time I had one calling me back for several days because I made him so mad.

I will never list myself on the do not call list for this reason.

happy seal
10-12-2012, 16:25
I kept the telemarketer on for over 30 minutes, a new record! I didn't record the exact start time so I'm not sure of the exact call length but it was over thirty minutes, he hung up when I couldn't stop laughing as I knew I was making a personal best. Something to do when you're surfing, just make sure you turn your computer volume off and find an excuse for the keystrokes, tell him you're trying to find your credit card number or something.

This is a good sport, maybe a little mean as these people are trying to make a living, but they're also trying to rip you off.

There's a real technique to keeping these guys on the line, they have to think you're a sucker with money.

Once when I knew a guy was going to hangup I begged him to stay on for another minute, he said, " Why?"

I told him I was going for a new personal best ....LMAO!

Kevin Nealon does this wonderfully, and FUNNY!

Vic777
10-12-2012, 17:32
On the other hand, the telemarketer kept you on for 30 minutes you'll never get back. Impressive.:upeyes:Not really, I was surfing the net etc. and it's tremendous improv practice. It requires just the right amount of give and take in the discussion to keep reeling him in. He wanted me to buy a condo in Miami, we got into a good discussion on when I could obtain a CCW there, then I got him checking to see when the next WPT Poker Tournament would be held in Miami. It requires a lot of skill to appear to be a sucker, yet never yield to his credit card checks etc. I'm getting better every time. I let 'em know I'm an old single guy on a large pension and no debts, they then just can't let me go. You should be prepared with a fake name and fake credit cards etc. I give 'em credit card names they have never heard of, tell 'em I also have VISA etc. but want to use my "Hero Points" card. If they ask "what are you typing", just say you're checking your online banking accounts. Eventually the line goes dead. If this gets popular we can kill the telemarketing business ... they go crazy!

concretefuzzynuts
10-12-2012, 17:45

Tom Mabe Murder Scene Prank Call - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s898wpcgcJM)

You owe me a beer. I spilled mine because I was laughing so hard! That is some funny stuff!
:rofl::rofl:

frizz
10-12-2012, 18:09

Even if they are selling legitimate products/services, the "making a living" argument is BS.

A few years back, a telemarketer wrote to Miss Manners about how rude and mean people were to her. Miss Manners politely told her to get bent on the grounds that the telemarketer was being nuisance and deserved what she got.

She closed her reply with an admonishment to find a way to earn a living that doesn't involve annoying people.

TK-421
10-12-2012, 18:33
I find it amusing to toy with telemarketers, at least when I get live ones. All I ever get anymore on my cell is a recording telling me I won plane tickets. And apparently the home number is on some school list, because we keep getting calls about our kids in school, even though everybody here is 22 or older, with no kids. Either that, or it's a wrong number, which has happened more here, even though I've only been here a year, than it has happened anywhere else that I've lived. I guess we're just one number off from a popular number, or something like that. But I don't get enough telemarketers calling to really hone my skills.

As to the junk mail with the return label someone mentioned earlier, thanks for voicing that one, I'm totally going to keep the coupons I get in the mail just so I have stuff to put into the return envelopes.

Bucknasty
10-12-2012, 18:55
And I guess yours is worthless enough to be snarky on an internet board. :cool:

I guess, I'm getting paid to do this.

glockrod
10-12-2012, 19:05
When my alma mater(USC-the one with craptastic Steve Spurrier for football coach) called for donations, I told them that I now support Clemson.

Of course, you would probably have to be from SC to think that was funny. But I guess you could use whatever rival schools.:whistling:

Yeah, I know my life is boring!!:yawn:

Scott3670
10-12-2012, 19:19
When I get junk mail in the mailbox, and it has a paid return envelope, I cut out coupons (pizza, or whatever), and send it back to them. I rarely see them send another piece of junkmail to me.

Oh I like that! I'm going to have to start doing that starting tomorrow. Maybe I'll print up some Jehovah's Witness (they piss me off even more than telemarketers) stuff for their enjoyment!

JW1178
10-12-2012, 20:29
Well, that was a really novice salesperson you were dealing with because anyone in the business for very long should have been able to tell you were playing with them within the first few mins.

The only thing I hate more than telemarketers is door to door sales people. People in sales generally are sleeze balls full of it. I don't mess with them, I just ignore or am very short with them.

I am the kind of person who if I want something, I presue it. Even if I want it, if someone tries to "sell" me on it, I might walk away. I guess when it comes to me spending my money, I have to be in control.

Kind of sucks because part of what I do now is considered "sales" and well, I take care of the customer and give them what they need, but have no interest in hand holding or trying to convince them that the product is going to solve all their problems. I have learned to tell when someone is serious versus someone who just wants to waste my time.

concretefuzzynuts
10-12-2012, 20:33
Oh I like that! I'm going to have to start doing that starting tomorrow. Maybe I'll print up some Jehovah's Witness (they piss me off even more than telemarketers) stuff for their enjoyment!

Quick way to rid yourself of them.... next time they knock on your door say this, "I'm Disfellowshiped".

They will never come to your house again, ever.

Manofprint
10-12-2012, 20:44
We use a fake name for the company owner so its easy to pick out the telemarketers and sales people at the shop. I have told the all types of crap like the owner is out getting his prostate checked. Well one time the guy was local and stopped by the next day and happened to say is the owner was in. Well the boss came out of the bathroom just then. It didnt end wellhe asked how the dr appointment was

happy seal
10-12-2012, 20:54

Tom Mabe Murder Scene Prank Call - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s898wpcgcJM)

:rofl:

4 glocks
10-12-2012, 21:04
I just ask them to hold on for a minute. I set the phone in front of the TV and turn the volume up. The way I see it, if they are going to waste my time I will waste theirs.

Snaps
10-12-2012, 21:09
last good one was some jackass wanting to send me a gift card.

Last I knew he was sending it to Mr Abe Lincoln at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

ICARRY2
10-13-2012, 16:36
Anyone still get the call, "hi this is rachael from credit card services"?

I want to beat that bit*** face.

Anytime I get a call from them, I like to yank their chain for a bit.

JW1178
10-13-2012, 17:07
Quick way to rid yourself of them.... next time they knock on your door say this, "I'm Disfellowshiped".

They will never come to your house again, ever.

Looked that up! Haha awesome idea. That would really get them because they would expect only someone who's been in to know that

Beats the "how dare you insult the profit Mohammad" because they probably have heard that.

jph02
10-13-2012, 18:52
It may come as a surprise, but you could have left the house at anytime. They don't know if you're home or not. But I guess if your time is worthless enough to talk to a telemarketer about her kids, staring at a phone all day isn't bad.:rofl:

Hef
10-13-2012, 19:10
My record is 1 hr 20 min. I kept him on the phone while I cut my lawn. I kept "getting interrupted" and damn if that dude wasn't patient just waiting to sell me whatever he wanted to sell me.

Halojumper
10-13-2012, 20:37
I think that's sorta like seeing how long you can stay in an argument with a special-ed kid.

And thinking you won because you prolonged it!

method
10-13-2012, 21:45
Why even answer the phone? I don't answer any call from any number I don't know, or isn't local.

Snaps
10-13-2012, 22:06
Brandon keeps leaving me voicemails. He's from "Obama for America," but never calls when I'm home to chat.

FLIPPER 348
10-13-2012, 22:31

....how do they know it came from you??

skanless
10-13-2012, 22:36

^ Bingo. Lame if you ask me.

PhotoFeller
10-13-2012, 22:40
But... But they are just people who are trying to do their job and feed the family!

Nah, just kidding. I have no sympathy for telemarkerters. To them, I am just a number in the automatic dialer. To me, they are scumbags who waste my time.

Actually, they are just trying to make a living in a very difficult economy. Most would rather have a different job.

I don't give them a lot of time, but I am civil.

Hef
10-14-2012, 09:28
Actually, they are just trying to make a living in a very difficult economy. Most would rather have a different job.

I don't give them a lot of time, but I am civil.

The personal financial concerns that drive a person to take a telemarketing job are not my concern. I don't care why they do it. My interest is in making telemarketing as unpleasant and unprofitable as possible for those who engage in it, with the hope that many others do the same as I, so that as an industry it eventually withers and dies.

Those who are left unemployed will find work elsewhere. Or not. Not my problem either way.

FLIPPER 348
10-14-2012, 09:44
My interest is in making telemarketing as unpleasant and unprofitable as possible for those who engage in it, with the hope that many others do the same as I, so that as an industry it eventually withers and dies.

Those who are left unemployed will find work elsewhere. Or not. Not my problem either way.

So you pretty much have no issues acting like a d-bag.

bmoore
10-14-2012, 10:02
Who even answers a home phone anymore?

Scotsman
10-14-2012, 10:07
The personal financial concerns that drive a person to take a telemarketing job are not my concern. I don't care why they do it. My interest is in making telemarketing as unpleasant and unprofitable as possible for those who engage in it, with the hope that many others do the same as I, so that as an industry it eventually withers and dies.

But you'll be the first *unt to complain when they start getting government benefits. Figures.

Z71bill
10-14-2012, 10:08
Anyone still get the call, "hi this is rachael from credit card services"?

I want to beat that bit*** face.

Anytime I get a call from them, I like to yank their chain for a bit.

I get that call on both land line and cell phone -

Hef
10-14-2012, 10:15
So you pretty much have no issues acting like a d-bag.

Not at all. It's the right way to respond to unsolicited sales pitches. If you give them any response that could possibly be interpreted as positive, they will take it that way, which is certainly not going to deter future sales calls.

The best way to deter them is to make the sales call as humiliating as possible. The individual telemarketers will give up and quit, and eventually the telemarketing companies will either not be able to hire anyone willing to put up with the abuse, or they won't be able to afford the pay potential employees would require to tolerate the abuse, and telemarketing companies will go out of business.

In the end, the most important thing is that my phone will stop ringing with unsolicited sales calls, so I am doing my part now to make it happen.

Hef
10-14-2012, 10:18
But you'll be the first *unt to complain when they start getting government benefits. Figures.

Their inability to find a job isn't my problem, and it isn't the obligation of government to pay their way through life.

bmoore
10-14-2012, 10:37
Their inability to find a job isn't my problem, and it isn't the obligation of government to pay their way through life.

You sound like Mexico would be perfect for you, its beautiful down there the place is thriving. They don't help people to keep or find jobs, they pay them zero unemployment.

FLIPPER 348
10-14-2012, 10:42
Not at all.

So by being a self admitted d-bag and acting like a 12 year old you are helping the rest of us.

a- why do you even have a landline?
2- why would you knowingly answer a phone number you don't recognize??

ray9898
10-14-2012, 10:46
People must have much more time than me or they think they are still in 5th grade where acting childish is cool. Wow...just don't answer it or say "No thanks" and hang up.

Hef
10-14-2012, 10:50
You sound like Mexico would be perfect for you, its beautiful down there the place is thriving. They don't help people to keep or find jobs, they pay them zero unemployment.

Waaaah. Cry me a river.

Hef
10-14-2012, 10:53
So by being a self admitted d-bag and acting like a 12 year old you are helping the rest of us.

a- why do you even have a landline?
2- why would you knowingly answer a phone number you don't recognize??

It may be helping you, but I do it for my own benefit, and if that helps you, fine.

A) it's a fixed business so I need a landline
B) the call could be a potential client or one of our many out-of-state clients.

bmoore
10-14-2012, 10:56
Waaaah. Cry me a river.

See that's the problem with the "don't tread on me" crowd. You guys are all mushy soft people. You have never worked a day on the street in your life. You have no idea what its like to go in an apartment and see babies sleeping on the floor, diapers overflowing, bare cupboards, no food, dirty faces on 3 year old kids who have not had a bath in days, kids telling the firemen and sheriffs that they are hungry. The jelly belly crowd is miles from the real world with not a clue about what goes on and how heartbreaking it is. Its funny that your crowd comes off as so hardened- "its not my problem".

Hef
10-14-2012, 11:01
See that's the problem with the "don't tread on me" crowd. You guys are all mushy soft people. You have never worked a day on the street in your life. You have no idea what its like to go in an apartment and see babies sleeping on the floor, diapers overflowing, bare cupboards, no food, dirty faces on 3 year old kids who have not had a bath in days, kids telling the firemen and sheriffs that they are hungry. The jelly belly crowd is miles from the real world with not a clue about what goes on and how heartbreaking it is. Its funny that your crowd comes off as so hardened- "its not my problem".

Now you're assuming things about me that you really have no clue about. You are completely out of line trying to dictate to me what I am, what I've done, and where I've been (or not been).

Eat a bowl of d1cks after you climb down off your high horse, pal.

bmoore
10-14-2012, 11:07
Now you're assuming things about me that you really have no clue about. You are completely out of line trying to dictate to me what I am, what I've done, and where I've been (or not been).

Eat a bowl of d1cks after you climb down off your high horse, pal.

Really? I assumed you were gonna have the exact reply that you just typed.

certifiedfunds
10-14-2012, 11:10

Mexico is socialist

Problem is, they have too few producers.

Hef
10-14-2012, 11:16
Really? I assumed you were gonna have the exact reply that you just typed.

So go home to your boyfriend and tell him how you really showed that mean old conservative what a jerk he is. You earned it.

bmoore
10-14-2012, 11:17
Mexico is socialist

Problem is, they have too few producers.

Yes, They also have zero middle class. They have super rich and extremely poor.

bmoore
10-14-2012, 11:20
So go home to your boyfriend and tell him how you really showed that mean old conservative what a jerk he is. You earned it.

Your not a conservative, your a bigot. Don't worry, the gays I have worked with on ambulances in the past would still save your chubby tubby no matter what your opinions.

method
10-14-2012, 11:22
Guess some people don't believe in the golden rule. Hope they get it right back.

People like "Hef" need to go away and die. Not only is he a ********, he's proud of it.

bmoore
10-14-2012, 11:23
Guess some people don't believe in the golden rule. Hope they get it right back.

People like "Hef" need to go away and die. Not only is he a ********, he's proud of it.

People like him sure are interesting aren't they?

FLIPPER 348
10-14-2012, 11:25

They would rather act like children and then post about it on GT. I'm glad no one in my circle of friends would act in such a childish way.

bmoore
10-14-2012, 11:27
They would rather act like children and then post about it on GT. I'm glad no one in my circle of friends would act in such a childish way.

That would never happen, you are a different cut of person. You would see how that person acts and never even think about getting within speaking distance let alone socializing with.

Hef
10-14-2012, 11:29
The three of you should share a group hug and maybe cry a little for those poor underprivileged telemarketers.

EDIT: while you're at it, maybe you could shed a few tears for the milkman, the pager salesman, the bag phone guy, and the cobbler.

bmoore
10-14-2012, 11:32
"old conservative". Now that was worth a laugh. The last time I heard "go home to your boyfriend" was in the 7th grade locker room and I thought it was stupid then. You are either really young or really mentally delayed.

FLIPPER 348
10-14-2012, 11:34
The three of you should share a group hug and maybe cry a little for those poor underprivileged telemarketers.

Thanks for the tip. You might want to start acting like an adult.

I have not gotten a telemarketing call since dropping my landline but back when I did I politely declined the offer, treating the person on the other end of the phone with respect and moved on with my life. You enjoy being a d-bag to them. You and your 'friends' must be a hoot!

Hef
10-14-2012, 11:35
"old conservative". Now that was worth a laugh. The last time I heard "go home to your boyfriend" was in the 7th grade locker room and I thought it was stupid then. You are either really young or really mentally delayed.

So, Captain Assumption, which is it?

bmoore
10-14-2012, 11:39
So, Captain Assumption, which is it?

I am going to put my money on really old and mentally delayed, just based on your immediate response to using gays in a condescending way. Ok Ok I am done now a simpleton is to fun to play with, but I told myself a while ago I would not engage people like you in the lounge anymore. I am going to go hang out with one of my gay friends, she's an ER physician.

method
10-14-2012, 11:44
People like him sure are interesting aren't they?

I wouldn't say interesting so much as myopic and aggravating, and worthy of being punched in the brain.

bmoore
10-14-2012, 11:46
I wouldn't say interesting so much as myopic and aggravating, and worthy of being punched in the brain.

That's basically what I meant, thank you for not beating around the bush.

FLIPPER 348
10-14-2012, 11:48
Ok Ok I am done now a simpleton is to fun to play with, but I told myself a while ago I would not engage people like you in the lounge anymore. .

I'm with you. I would never converse with such a childish and immature 'adult' in the real world.

Hef
10-14-2012, 11:55
Thanks for the tip. You might want to start acting like an adult.

I have not gotten a telemarketing call since dropping my landline but back when I did I politely declined the offer, treating the person on the other end of the phone with respect and moved on with my life. You enjoy being a d-bag to them. You and your 'friends' must be a hoot!

Keeping a landline as simply a personal choice for you. For me it is a business necessity, therefore getting telemarketing calls is an unavoidable part of doing business, and they know that. The calls I get target businesses specifically.

Have you ever dealt with the labor law poster scammers? They call repeatedly, presenting themselves as agents of the Dept of Labor. They try to scare you into buying $185 labor law posters (that any business can order for free) by telling you that an agent could show up and fine you if you don't have the right posters up. They don't give up easy.

THOSE are the telemarketers I abuse. Should I be nice to them? They're trying to screw me.

TeeJay37
10-14-2012, 12:13
Those I you that don't get them on your cell are so friggen lucky. I don't even have a land line and I get calls all the time. I've found if you fist don't answer them, they slow down. The one problem I do have is that one of them calls from the same city and state as my mortgage company.

Now for a story:
When I was 16, I wrecked my first car. A couple months later, I got a call from a magazine company saying that if I signed up for 4 mag subs, I would be entered into the drawing for a brand new car. "How convenient!" I thought. So I talked to her for a good 20 minutes about the different magazines and such. I picked a few and when she asked me for my DC number, I told her I'd have to get it from my mom and she asked how old I was. Finding out that I was under 18, she had to end the call. I am 21 and still get magazines like ESPN, Bloomberg, car mags and some others.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

FLIPPER 348
10-14-2012, 12:36
Have you ever dealt with the labor law poster scammers? They call repeatedly, presenting themselves as agents of the Dept of Labor.
THOSE are the telemarketers I abuse. Should I be nice to them? They're trying to screw me.

No I have not. But back in the day when I needed a landline for business no such thing ever bothered me because I bought this handy invention that let me screen calls

.......and did not enjoy hassling other people for the fun of it

PhotoFeller
10-14-2012, 12:52

How about the notion of just being decent to a fellow human being?

Hef
10-14-2012, 13:13
How about the notion of just being decent to a fellow human being?

Read my previous post and you'll understand why that means nothing to me when dealing with telemarketers.

IndyGunFreak
10-14-2012, 15:27
You owe me a beer. I spilled mine because I was laughing so hard! That is some funny stuff!
:rofl::rofl:

Been around a while, and still laugh every time I hear it.

jph02
10-14-2012, 18:27
Not at all. It's the right way to respond to unsolicited sales pitches. If you give them any response that could possibly be interpreted as positive, they will take it that way, which is certainly not going to deter future sales calls.

The best way to deter them is to make the sales call as humiliating as possible. The individual telemarketers will give up and quit, and eventually the telemarketing companies will either not be able to hire anyone willing to put up with the abuse, or they won't be able to afford the pay potential employees would require to tolerate the abuse, and telemarketing companies will go out of business.

In the end, the most important thing is that my phone will stop ringing with unsolicited sales calls, so I am doing my part now to make it happen.

How about the notion of just being decent to a fellow human being?Read my previous post and you'll understand why that means nothing to me when dealing with telemarketers.
Wow! Just wow! I hope you never find yourself in the situation of trying to do the right thing by working a low-wage job to try to make ends meet and being treated like less-than-scum by people who think your job is a nuisance. Too bad you don't realize treating the callers like sub-humans has zero effect on the companies they work for? If you truly want to make a point, how about contacting the companies that actually hire the telemarketing firms to sell their stuff? Or, oh, I don't know, maybe make use of the do-not-call list? Or filing complaints with your state's consumer protection department?

Despite your high-and-mighty viewpoint, you are not on the moral high ground, imho.

EDIT: while you're at it, maybe you could shed a few tears for the milkman, the pager salesman, the bag phone guy, and the cobbler.
This makes no sense to me. Of what nuisance was the milkman before you started buying your milk at the grocery store, thus ending home delivery? How did the pager salesman mistreat you before you bought your bag phone which you replaced with your smart phone? And why is the cobbler to be kicked to the curb because you'd rather buy a new pair imported from China than get the old pair fixed? None of these occupations faded away because people disliked them; they were left behind by convenience and technological advances. :shakehead:

CitizenOfDreams
10-14-2012, 18:48
Wow! Just wow! I hope you never find yourself in the situation of trying to do the right thing by working a low-wage job to try to make ends meet and being treated like less-than-scum by people who think your job is a nuisance.

Most low-wage jobs do not involve being a nuisance to hundreds of random people every day.

gjk5
10-14-2012, 19:27
the pettiness people will stoop to never ceases to amaze me.

I ran a telemarketing shop two decades ago, I know what kind of people they are (think about convenience store clerk level).

I still see no reason to treat them like crap, I am polite and succint.

glock_collector
10-15-2012, 06:26
I get calls for the person in charge of our safety program, standard reply is we just dropped a I-beam on the poor fella and squished him, so if you know anybody lookin for a job??