25 Year Veteran ATF Agent, Whistleblower Fired Unceremoniously [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 25 Year Veteran ATF Agent, Whistleblower Fired Unceremoniously

humanguerrilla
10-12-2012, 15:16
at a Denny's parking lot.

Hey let's have a meeting at Denny's where we'll ambush and fire you in the parking lot. ATF class.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/10/12/atf_whistleblower_fired_in_dennys_parking_lot

JFrame
10-12-2012, 15:27
Just like the Cosa Nostra, the Obama administration has its code of Omerta...

Bren
10-12-2012, 15:43
While I usually find the criticisms of law enforcement on GT ridiculous - in this case, I have seen this kind of thing with another federal law enforcement agency that many hold in higher regard - where an agent started having serious issues with a supervising after refusing to lie about whether a suspect involked his right to counsel during an interrogation. The supervisor's position was "we always lie about that, no big deal."

There seems to be a culture, among the feds, of a certain type of corruption - not so much taking bribes and stealing, as lying to cover legal mistakes and shortcuts. Even lying under oath in court. Then again, the first FBI agent I ever et, when I was a polcie officer, was Mark Putnam (http://articles.latimes.com/1991-07-07/news/mn-2951_1_unwanted-pregnancy).

certifiedfunds
10-12-2012, 21:18
Its the ATF. What do you expect?

Sleep with dogs, wake up with fleas.

Indianashooter
10-12-2012, 21:50
Doesn't surprise me in the least. Under Barry, the Feds have really been going overboard.

Clutch Cargo
10-12-2012, 21:53
Oh well. We had a guy fired while sitting on the pot.

walt cowan
10-13-2012, 15:05
they screwed the pooch. now he'll write a book, make a movie deal and make all the tv and radio talk shows. they'll be lucky to see their pensions.

Cavalry Doc
10-13-2012, 15:51
Well, I certainly hope the guy gets rich off of this.

I've also watched Government managers lie under oath, manipulate reports to get better bonuses, try to punish employees when that can't even tell you what the employee did wrong or how she should do it right.

I really miss being in the Army. Lots of things were screwed up, but you could fix them there.

stevelyn
10-14-2012, 01:21
When the vast majority of those in the waffen BATFEces are snakes, you shouldn't be surprised when you get bit.

When an honest guy with integrity gets fired for doing the right thing, it tells you a little bit about the culture and character of the agency and individual BATFEces thugs dosen't it?

Skyhook
10-14-2012, 05:10

Beat me to it... (this is getting spooky, JFrame :shocked: ).

I might as well add that, according to Chicago ROP, the man just wasn't a 'team player'. He thought for himself... a definite no-no.

series1811
10-14-2012, 06:12
He was fired in the parkling lot for one reason and one reason only. They were scared of what he might retrieve from his desk if a normal firing took place.

I promise you there were DOJ inspectors going through his desk five seconds after he was fired.

The Chicago Way. You vote for it, you get it.

JFrame
10-14-2012, 06:54

I might as well add that, according to Chicago ROP, the man just wasn't a 'team player'. He thought for himself... a definite no-no.

I guess I should tune down the Skyhook channel on my Interweb brainwave helmet... :supergrin:

Cavalry Doc
10-14-2012, 06:56
He was fired in the parkling lot for one reason and one reason only. They were scared of what he might retrieve from his desk if a normal firing took place.

I promise you there were DOJ inspectors going through his desk five seconds after he was fired.

The Chicago Way. You vote for it, you get it.

During labor disputes, meetings at neutral third party locations are common. Never heard of one at a Denny's. Not really a good move on their part, because it seems disrespectful, it is an attention getter in a headline.

I think he was on extended admin leave. He wasn't going to the office, and likely didn't have a place to be. I doubt it's a fear of workplace violence that scares them. It's a legal maneuver. They don't want to leave him on admin leave forever, and they don't want an honest man at work, so they fire him. It'll go to the MSPB, a quasi labor court, and they'll try to hammer out a settlement that does not include reinstatement.

It's not a nice thing to do. It happens. Everyone admires a whistle blower, but no one wants to hire one. He better get what he can get, cause other than book deals his career is over.

series1811
10-14-2012, 06:59
I think he was on extended admin leave. He wasn't going to the office, and likely didn't have a place to be. I doubt it's a fear of workplace violence that scares them. It's a legal maneuver. They don't want to leave him on admin leave forever, and they don't want an honest man at work, so they fire him. It'll go to the MSPB, a quasi labor court, and they'll try to hammer out a settlement that does not include reinstatement.

It's not a nice thing to do. It happens. Everyone admires a whistle blower, but no one wants to hire one. He better get what he can get, cause other than book deals his career is over.

I didn't mean get a gun from his desk, and shoot the place up, I meant get documents he probably has stashed there or on his computer. I've seen a lot of agents fired, and I've never seen one fired anywhere but the office, so that they could gather your personal items.

One of those things that makes an 1811 sit up and notice, not matter how routine the PR people claim it is.

smokin762
10-14-2012, 07:31
I work in manufacturing. The company I work for has told a few managers, they are being transferred to another location out of state by a certain date. Usually, that kind of thing comes with a promotion.

Within a few weeks after arriving, they all got a call to show up at some Hotel meeting room late at night. Each one of them was fired.

The joke at work is, if they ask you to transfer then you are about to be terminated. Just quit on the spot.

kirgi08
10-14-2012, 08:48

:whistling:

Sorry guys. :rofl: :tongueout:

Seriously,this is not a shock.Some heads are gonna roll over this,the administration is gonna make sure it ain't their heads.'08. :burn:

RWBlue
10-14-2012, 10:17
SOSDD

It is not everyone, but there are some and that makes everyone look bad.

Cavalry Doc
10-14-2012, 10:30
I didn't mean get a gun from his desk, and shoot the place up, I meant get documents he probably has stashed there or on his computer. I've seen a lot of agents fired, and I've never seen one fired anywhere but the office, so that they could gather your personal items.

One of those things that makes an 1811 sit up and notice, not matter how routine the PR people claim it is.

I'm sure any he left behind are long gone. He was probably made to clean out his desk when he went on Admin leave (which if I remember correctly, was initially a firing). I'm also sure that he had all the documents he needed to prove his case before he blew on that whistle. If not, no one would have ever heard of any of this.