Senator Graham working to give Israel control over US military [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Senator Graham working to give Israel control over US military

G19G20
10-12-2012, 17:56
I'm not sure where to find confirmation of this announcement but I'm putting this out there pending that confirmation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamal-abdi/israel-iran_b_1959607.html

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) is planning to press the Senate next month to pledge U.S. troops, money, and political support to Israel should Bibi Netanyahu launch a preventive war on Iran.

Graham claims his effort would merely make explicit that the U.S. has Israel's back. But when your friend is drunk, you don't hand them the keys. If Graham has his way, he will hand Bibi the keys and lend him our car, while the rest of us ride shotgun.

Graham's planned measure would outsource the decision about whether the U.S. goes to war to the Israeli prime minister, pledging that if Bibi decides to act -- regardless of the consequences and our own calculations -- the U.S. will provide money, troops, and political leverage (presumably at the UN and IAEA where there will be a push to shred the sanctions and the Non-Proliferation Treaty).

This can not stand!

Captain Steinbrenner
10-12-2012, 18:00
Somebody calling you an antisemitic POS in 1..2..3...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

jdavionic
10-12-2012, 18:04
Wow, do you ever look at your source? Who is the author? Political Director for the NAIC. Huh...another waste of a thread. Well, I guess it serves one purpose...a reminder to think first, then post.

countrygun
10-12-2012, 18:12
Wow, do you ever look at your source? Who is the author? Political Director for the NAIC. Huh...another waste of a thread. Well, I guess it serves one purpose...a reminder to think first, then post.

Hahahah a Huffpo link to a NAIC article.

I tell you, DU just has to start training their sleeper agents to do a better job.

series1811
10-12-2012, 18:14
I'm not sure where to find confirmation of this announcement but I'm putting this out there pending that confirmation.

This can not stand!

You guys really believe this stuff, don't you? I don't think I would like being a liberal.

G19G20
10-12-2012, 18:25

I should have known the first step would be to attack the messenger instead of the message. Par for the course for GTPI. It must be a LIE if a muslim wrote it, right?

Will you be as quick with an apology once this is confirmed?

concretefuzzynuts
10-12-2012, 18:29
On a side note, and nothing to do with this subject. I think Lindsey Graham is a good example for having term limits.

jdavionic
10-12-2012, 18:36
I should have known the first step would be to attack the messenger instead of the message. Par for the course for GTPI. It must be a LIE if a muslim wrote it, right?

Will you be as quick with an apology once this is confirmed?

Read my post again. I have essentially said your source makes the post worthless. If you post a credible source, I will give credible consideration in a critique. The fact that you posted from a ridiculous source doesn't change. So no, no apology IF someone eventually reveals there's merit to the Political Director of the NAIC's article. It wouldn't change the fact that you jumped on a ridiculous source because it said something you wanted to hear.

G19G20
10-12-2012, 18:38
Lemme guess, only Fox News is a credible source right? Maybe something by Krauthammer?

jdavionic
10-12-2012, 18:40
Lemme guess, only Fox News is a credible source right? Maybe something by Krauthammer?

Don't be stupid. If you cannot see the issue with the Political Director of the NAIC posting a shocking story about American unconditional support of Israel as being potentially biased, then you really have a problem.

G19G20
10-12-2012, 18:47
I can assure that article is NOT "what I want to hear". It's the exact opposite of what I want to hear. Ill wait for absolute confirmation of this story before commenting further but I'd expect someone in an arab lobby group to have news on something like this well in advance of msm confirmation.

cowboy1964
10-12-2012, 20:42
Obama doesn't HAVE a red line. That's the problem.

Anyway, who cares about Lindsey Graham? He's not in charge, nor is the U.S. Senate.

Sam Spade
10-12-2012, 20:57
Jamal Abdi is the Policy Director of the National Iranian American Council, the largest grassroots organization representing the Iranian-American community in the US. He previously worked in Congress as a Policy Advisor on foreign affairs issues...

Yeah, we can trust that. :upeyes:

No, Mr. Paulbot, it's not the Muslim in him (though full points for playing the bigot card early). It's the Iranian lobbyist writing for huffpo that eliminates his piece as being considered news.

countrygun
10-12-2012, 21:09
Jamal Abdi is the Policy Director of the National Iranian American Council, the largest grassroots organization representing the Iranian-American community in the US. He previously worked in Congress as a Policy Advisor on foreign affairs issues...

No, Mr. Paulbot, it's not the Muslim in him (though full points for playing the bigot card early). It's the Iranian lobbyist writing for huffpo that eliminates his piece as being considered news.

I got a headline for you,

"Ron Paul Delegate Aligned with Iranian Cause"

sound about right?

Maybe I'll drop a bug in the Brietbart groups ear and set their investigators to work

snerd
10-12-2012, 21:33
I've been known to take artistic license with thread titles.............. but this one beats all of mine hands-down.

ChuteTheMall
10-12-2012, 21:43
Paulistinians Spreading Iranian Propaganda

http://i46.tinypic.com/2cwlj48.jpg

GAFinch
10-12-2012, 21:51
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

countrygun
10-12-2012, 21:57
Paulistinians Spreading Iranian Propaganda

Ohh that's good too

I'm busy going back and saving his posts. I think I know someone else who has a bunch saved.

Of course they will write their own headline

countrygun
10-12-2012, 21:59
I'll bet they ID him and maybe get some pics and witnesses from the convention too. Who knows what he was up to?

"Have you seen this man?"

"Have you slept with this man?"

G19G20
10-13-2012, 03:05

Fair point that the source has bias. This applies in many situations though.

Question: Do you take what Israeli lobby spokesman say at face value as truth? When they talk about what Iran is or isn't doing and that info is passed onto Congress? The point to my question is that if the answer is yes, then you're saying that an Israeli lobby spokesman knows all while an Iranian lobby spokesman knows nothing. That's a huge logical hole in the argument I get from your post.

So it's all about his identity, not his qualifications. Interesting. More identity politics at work here. :whistling:

(Most of the posts above this remind me of high school where the dumb jocks made fun of the smart people...sad)

Big Mad Dawg
10-13-2012, 03:54
(Most of the posts above this remind me of high school where the dumb jocks made fun of the smart people...sad)

So you are still angry they got the cheerleaders too.:crying:

happyguy
10-13-2012, 04:06
I could actually see something like this coming from Lindsey Graham. Honestly, he is unhinged and this wouldn't surprise me a bit.

The source is a little suspect though. :rofl:

Regards,
Happyguy :)

eracer
10-13-2012, 04:40
So we shouldn't support our allies? If we abandon Israel we abandon OPEC, and any remaining reason to have a presence in the region.

Snowman92D
10-13-2012, 05:11

I see you're dangling bait in front of the boy. :rofl:

A picture of the Messiah...and bimbos for the hotel hospitality room. :whistling:

Snowman92D
10-13-2012, 05:46
I got a headline for you,

"Ron Paul Delegate Aligned with Iranian Cause"

sound about right?

The muslims sunk a lot of campaign contributions into RP, and he made sure to sing their song to anybody who'd listen. I suppose it's only natural that the Paulbots would align themselves with the Islamists, or any other blame-America-first group.

Cavalry Doc
10-13-2012, 06:20

This can not stand!

Do you understand what the difference is between commanding and committing to assist?

How did you stretch so far as to claim graham wants isreal to control us troops?

Reading comprehension fail.

series1811
10-13-2012, 06:24
Fair point that the source has bias.

Bias? Bias? This source from the country that provided most of the IEDs that killed our soldiers in Iraq? This from the country that launches non-stop cyber attacks against our military and banking infrastructure. The country that pushes on recklessly toward obtaining a nuclear bomb, with crazy rhetoric that they will use it in a hearbeat if they feel like it from their freaking President? Yeah, that's just bias.

Okay, I'm guessing in your metaphor, you are the smart person and we are the dumb jocks? Or, do I have that backwards?

Snowman92D
10-13-2012, 06:39
...I'm guessing in your metaphor, you are the smart person and we are the dumb jocks? Or, do I have that backwards?

I'm guessing someone's high school GF ran off with a stud-muffin jock. :supergrin:

Sam Spade
10-13-2012, 08:21
Fair point that the source has bias. This applies in many situations though.

Question: Do you take what Israeli lobby spokesman say at face value as truth? When they talk about what Iran is or isn't doing and that info is passed onto Congress? The point to my question is that if the answer is yes, then you're saying that an Israeli lobby spokesman knows all while an Iranian lobby spokesman knows nothing. That's a huge logical hole in the argument I get from your post.

So it's all about his identity, not his qualifications. Interesting. More identity politics at work here. :whistling:

Kinda weird that you acknowledge his bias and then dismiss it as identity politics.

To answer your question, I don't take what *any* hired or organizational mouthpiece says at face value. That goes for everyone from government lobbyists to the Sham-Wow salesman. A particular spokesman or organization may earn a presumption of a degree of honesty after a while, but I've never classed anything as A-1.

Did you know that the nazis told the truth about the massacre in Katyn Forest? That's no reason to believe the rest of their rot. Rejecting Goebells isn't playing identity politics. Ditto rejecting Ahmawhackjob.

Finally, to the relative value of statements from Israel and Iran. One wants to be left alone, the other wants to establish a new caliphate and kill the sub-humans. That puts a huge mark on the relative trustworthiness of their statements.

No logic holes here, but rational and critical thinking instead.

Zombie Surgeon
10-13-2012, 09:21
They're called Paulistinians for a reason...just like their Middle Eastern cousins they're dumb, they're fanatics and they hate Jews.
:whistling: