Presidential Debate - Oct 16...predictions? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Debate - Oct 16...predictions?

jdavionic
10-12-2012, 18:19
http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2012-presidential-debate-schedule/

Topic: Town meeting format including foreign and domestic policyAir Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Location: Hofstra University (http://www.hofstra.edu/debate/) in Hempstead, New York (Tickets (http://www.hofstra.edu/debate/debate_tickets.html))
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates (http://www.debates.org/)
Participants: President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney
Moderator: Candy Crowley (CNN Chief Political Correspondent)

The second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting, in which citizens will ask questions of the candidates on foreign and domestic issues. Candidates each will have two minutes to respond, and an additional minute for the moderator to facilitate a discussion. The town meeting participants will be undecided voters selected by the Gallup Organization.

So what do you think this one will be like? Who will win? Will it matter?

jdavionic
10-12-2012, 18:29
I suspect the gallup picked audience will somehow be biased. Call me a cynic. Therefore the questions will be aimed at favoring Obama.

I expect Candy Crowley will be biased in her moderating, but not nearly as bad as Obama's friend who did the VP debate.

So this debate will be XX vs. 1. Obama will be much more aggressive, but without the idiotic smiles.

Romney will need to be extremely sharp to survive this political kill zone.

In the end, I think he'll hold his own. However he won't dominate the debate like he did in the first one. As a result, it will be deemed a draw with each party marveling in their respective candidate's improved performance.

I don't expect it will change the polls.

jakebrake
10-12-2012, 18:30
romney will win

obama will lie like a t.v. evangelist

the media will spin it

it won't matter.

concretefuzzynuts
10-12-2012, 18:46
Obama won't be stoned this time.

ModGlock17
10-12-2012, 19:18
One great thing about human beings is that sometimes we see and detect things that we can not articulate but we know something is wrong.

The same game in 2008 won't work in 2012.

There's no more benefit of the doubt. There's no more honeymoon.

It's tough to talk on something nonexistent, like a sandwich with nothing in the middle, like an empty suit.

People will know. Many of his people will just stay home on election day. You'd have to be highly convicted to make the effort to vote. But when you are torn between loyalty and truth, you'd compromise to think that the effort would be for naught, and stay home.

jdavionic
10-12-2012, 20:57
One great thing about human beings is that sometimes we see and detect things that we can not articulate but we know something is wrong.

The same game in 2008 won't work in 2012.

There's no more benefit of the doubt. There's no more honeymoon.

It's tough to talk on something nonexistent, like a sandwich with nothing in the middle, like an empty suit.

People will know. Many of his people will just stay home on election day. You'd have to be highly convicted to make the effort to vote. But when you are torn between loyalty and truth, you'd compromise to think that the effort would be for naught, and stay home.

He still has a lot of support from Hollywood and the MSM. However it's certainly not what it was in 2008.

rick458
10-13-2012, 09:51
I think you will see Obama break down and throw a Temper Tantrum, when Romney keeps pointing out his lies over and over.
Romney will keep polite agressive pressure, and Look Presidential.
Obama will look petty and childish
The MSM will declare it an Obama win
But the Ballot box will say something completely different

LASTRESORT20
10-13-2012, 09:55
I think you will see Obama break down and throw a Temper Tantrum, when Romney keeps pointing out his lies over and over.
Romney will keep polite agressive pressure, and Look Presidential.
The MSM will declare it an Obama win
But the Ballot box will say something completely different

This ^^^

ModGlock17
10-13-2012, 10:58

A liberal is like a privileged child who doesn't get his way.

A traitor is one who betrays a country that gave him a chance, but an foreign agent is one who works against the country from the inside.

May God forgive men who made a foreign agent looked like a Messiah.

JBnTX
10-13-2012, 11:38
Romney will need to be extremely sharp to survive this political kill zone.

^^^^This....:thumbsup:

The liberal press will be gunning for Romney.
He'd better be at his best.

DonGlock26
10-13-2012, 12:37
Obama has no choice but to attack and thereby appear unpresidential. Romney just needs to be civil and continue to look presidential. Obama will be undone.

Romeny does need to be more specific in his plans. That would throw off Obama's debate prep.

Snowman92D
10-13-2012, 14:35
The Golden Child is not used to being un-protected and under pressure...let alone with the entire world watching with a crooked grin. Hussein has himself to blame for personally allowing these debates to become a showcase on individual competence...and his entire Marxist vision for America is predicated on the rejection of individual competence. Romney, on the other hand, has lived his whole life in a world where success is founded on individual competence.

The Golden Child is on the ropes and Romney will be working to keep him there. It'll be a classic match-up of the "producer culture" versus the "parasite culture".

Cavalry Doc
10-13-2012, 14:38
I'm gonna stick to stating that they will both be physically present, but I'm not too sure about that even.

Sporaticus
10-13-2012, 16:57
Fugly.

Obama is going to try and outdo Biden's behavior, but Romney is going to be ready for it.

Obama will use an earpiece for communications like Bush did.

Skyhook
10-13-2012, 18:30
Fugly.

Obama is going to try and outdo Biden's behavior, but Romney is going to be ready for it.

Obama will use an earpiece for communications like Bush did.

A small piece of unsolicited advice for Romney: "When a wise person debates with a fool, the fool rages and laughs, and there is no peace and quiet." Proverbs 29:9

If Obama rages and laughs, I hope Romney keeps his head and remembers to call him on the important stuff. Call him and pin him.

Something else; Obama will go into his top hat and cane routine with a few magic tricks/slights of hand tossed in. The crowd will be pleased, the media idiots will pass out, fall to his boots and lick their way to.... well, his ankles. :eyebrow:

Bruce H
10-13-2012, 19:17
Obama will have his unqualified community organizing ass handed to him again. No matter how much coaching he will still not retain anything. They put Homer Simpson's D'oh in the dictionary for a reason.

ChuteTheMall
10-13-2012, 19:39
I predict Obama will arrive a few days early to get used to Long Island's altitude.:faint:

I hope he samples their famous ice tea at the last minute.:drunk:

stevelyn
10-14-2012, 01:05
Obama has nothing but smoke and mirrors to run on. If he was honest about his accomplishments, he'd admit his incompetence if not his outright sabotage of the country and withdraw from the race.

ChuteTheMall
10-14-2012, 05:15
I predict that the so-called undecided voters selected by the Gallup Organization will not actually be undecided voters.

And Hussein's handlers won't let him mellow out with his choom gang before this one.

At least one of the carefully selected undecided questioners will ignore his approved scripted question and ask something totally off the wall, maybe even about underwear.
:rofl:

G29Reload
10-14-2012, 08:58
Zero will not be able to get around the facts.

He has to balance off the idea that he was too lame and polite the first time, vs turning up the heat and appearing unpresidential, childish and Biden like which will turn off women, midwesterners and those who think he's above it all.

PLus he can't look desperate in the face of sagging polls now putting Romney ahead.

In short, there's more paths to victory in this debate than there are for Zero. As long as Romeny doesn't get overwhelmed, stays on his game, is adamant about the truth, and keeps hitting "trickle down government" he should be ok.

He does need to come out and directly say, "your failed presidency is proof" at some point, something visceral, factual and hard hitting. He doesn't have to and won't call him a doofus or go ad hominem, but theres truth in a lot of things he can say that will gut zero like a fish.

Zombie Surgeon
10-14-2012, 09:35
Obama without teleprompter:

http://youtu.be/omHUsRTYFAU

http://youtu.be/gW-odGoy7r0

http://youtu.be/2wS8B1Qp5kQ

No teleprompter = Obama loses
My $0.02

walt cowan
10-15-2012, 06:43
scripted to the max just like wwwf. barrys turn to win.

jakebrake
10-15-2012, 15:13
scripted to the max just like wwwf. barrys turn to win.

think the wwf has more reality to it.

Snowman92D
10-15-2012, 15:30
I just learned that the format is changed from what it was in the first debate.

So...based on that...I'm predicting that Romney will "lose". The moderator will select questions for Romney that concentrate on his past...and the moderator will select questions for Hussein that concentrate on Romney's past.

It's the Chicago Way. :bluesbrothers:

FFR Spyder GT
10-15-2012, 16:22
Obama will push the issue more when he catches Romney in a lie.

Obama was to easy on Romney last time but it will not happen again.

IvanVic
10-15-2012, 17:16
I'm expecting Obama to screw up, again, by overcompensating with aggression, forcing him to a persona that's unnatural for him and pushing him deeper into the pile if dung he's already in.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

concretefuzzynuts
10-15-2012, 17:44

Blah

Blah

Blah

QNman
10-15-2012, 17:53
My prediction:

1) Obama will say "five/seven billion dollar tax cut", "wealthiest 1-percent/millionaires and billionaires" and "47%" at least three times each (and I think I'm being very conservative).

2) The audience will be packed with "undecideds" who have Obama 2012 bumper stickers on their Priuses.

3) Romney will still win on facts and preparedness, though it will be less obvious in this format.

4) The media will proclaim Obama the winner, regardless of the actual outcome.

callihan_44
10-15-2012, 17:54
Bain 47%
bain 47%
bain 47%
bain 47% rinse and repeat

QNman
10-15-2012, 17:54

That would require he actually memorize a fact or two; something he has heretofore been apparently unable to do.

Rooster Rugburn
10-15-2012, 18:11
Obama will try to take it up a notch, but he'll fall a little flat. He will politely call Romney a liar over and over, and he and Crowley will keep pushing for "specifics" on his economic plans, but Romney will be ready with some. Crowley will hit Romney with repeated tough follow up questions, and she will lob them over the plate for Obama. But it won't matter.

Obama will try and try to be strong, but Romney will swat everything Obama and Crowley throw at him. Obama will get frustrated, and it will start showing toward the end.

Obama will do better, Romney will more than hold his own. It will likely be close to a draw, with the right claiming Romney won, and the left claiming Obama won.

Crowley is NOT going to let Romney dominate. All the questions will be chosen to call out Romney on his economic plan, and push for specifics. Questions for Obama won't require specifics or figures, but hope and dreams.

I will be surprised if there are any questions about the debt and deficit. Romney will probably have to work that in. He should keep hitting and hitting on it, and how it hurts the next generation and their future. Whether he gets the chance, is not likely.

Romney will be ready for about anything Obama and Crowley throw at him, but Crowley is not going to let him win easily. I suspect Crowley will try to keep Romney off balance and possibly confuse him.

stevelyn
10-15-2012, 18:16
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT

That would require he actually memorize a fact or two; something he has heretofore been apparently unable to do.

That would also require Romney to actually tell a lie; something he has heretofore not done during his campaign.

The Kenyan Pig OTOH is arse deep in a cover-up regarding the 9/11/12 (9/11, get it? Who couldn't have seen that coming except for the Kenyan Pig and his minions?) terrorist attack on the US Embassy and the subsequent murder of our Ambassador in Libya and that's just the beginning. :rofl:

QNman
10-15-2012, 18:25
That would also require Romney to actually tell a lie; something he has heretofore not done during his campaign.

The Kenyan Pig OTOH is arse deep in a cover-up regarding the 9/11/12 (9/11, get it? Who couldn't have seen that coming except for the Kenyan Pig and his minions?) terrorist attack on the US Embassy and the subsequent murder of our Ambassador in Libya and that's just the beginning. :rofl:

Fair enough. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise, but it's difficult to call someone a liar unless you have facts to the contrary - something Obama clearly did not have.

I think he may have prepared a little to little, and perhaps too close to the echo chamber.

Snowman92D
10-15-2012, 23:25

Is this debate's topic supposed to be foreign affairs, like the last one was supposed to cover domestic affairs?

QNman
10-16-2012, 06:05
Is this debate's topic supposed to be foreign affairs, like the last one was supposed to cover domestic affairs?

No. This one is a "town hall". The last one is foreign affairs.

HexHead
10-16-2012, 06:20
This one's going to Barry. Town hall style at a college in liberal NYC suburb. The audience asks the questions. He's getting softballs, and Romney's questions will mirror 0bama's attack ads.

robertoh
10-16-2012, 07:24
No matter what happens the MSM will try and spin that Obama done well.The MSM can't let their guy look bad two time in a row.

cowboywannabe
10-16-2012, 07:36
hand picked audience in obama's favor i bet.

jeanderson
10-16-2012, 07:43
Obama will look like an ass as he tries to inject Bain Capital and "the 47%" into every response.

series1811
10-16-2012, 08:24

Yeah, we know that's the DU/DNC talking point, but who really thinks it's going to go down that way. :supergrin:

Obama's problem that he just can't overcome in these debates is the one everyone has always known about. Without a teleprompter, he really does look like the idiot he is.

The one thing Obama might have going for him are some softball questions where no specifics are required for an answer (Do you believe in America? Yes, I believe in America, clap, clap, clap).

IndyGunFreak
10-16-2012, 08:52
Prediction? Well, if Obama listens to the clowns at DU, he'll spend his time talking over Mitt about his tax returns. As long as the debate stays respectful (ie, they aren't talking over each other, etc..). The moderator is VERY liberal, so I expect Obama to be given a lot of help.

ChuteTheMall
10-16-2012, 19:02
hand picked audience in obama's favor i bet.

Nobody in his right mind is still undecided; every likely voter selected by Gallup and called upon by Crowley is a guaranteed liar.

Cavalry Doc
10-16-2012, 19:50
Nobody in his right mind is still undecided; every likely voter selected by Gallup and called upon by Crowley is a guaranteed liar.

There are at least 3 Scandinavian surfers in New Zealand that aren't completely sure.

Everyone else has probably picked their course. Greater than 95%, that's the deal.

Bilbo Bagins
10-16-2012, 19:50
So far Obama is doing better then the first debate, but still Romney is doing better.

Some of the question are left leaning but so far everything seems legit.

QNman
10-16-2012, 21:09
Now that it's over... I reiterate my previous predictions.

Anyone care to score the poll numbers in a week? I predict a slight uptick in Obama's numbers (but watch out for more skew).

Diesel McBadass
10-16-2012, 21:12
romney won, just obama didnt bomb. Doubt any change

Flintlocker
10-16-2012, 21:16
I thought it was polite of Romney to remind everyone that Republicans found him less appealing than McCain in 2008. Seems like he might have more wounds to lick in the near future but I'm sure you'll all rally around Romney when he tries again in 2016.

QNman
10-16-2012, 21:16
I thought it was polite of Romney to remind everyone that Republicans found him less appealing than McCain in 2008. Seems like he might have more wounds to lick in the near future but I'm sure you'll all rally around Romney when he tries again in 2016.

Of course we will... if he does well as President for the next four years.

domin8ss
10-16-2012, 21:18

He has the money. He can afford it, even if he doesn't win this one. Then, we'll probably hear a whole lot of, 'I told you so.'

countrygun
10-16-2012, 21:25

Considering he will be the incumbent, I'd say probably

FFR Spyder GT
10-16-2012, 22:15
Romney lied.

First thing out of his mouth was a lie.

He told Jeremey that he would have a job when he graduates from college.

He'll have a job if Romney is POTUS but it'll be sweeping the floors at Taco Bell because he will send the rest of our jobs overseas.

concretefuzzynuts
10-17-2012, 03:37
Obama quote from the debate:

“My belief is that, (A), we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement.

“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

I guess my guns are more important to me than a promise made to Jeremy.

Bilbo Bagins
10-17-2012, 06:35
Romney lied.

First thing out of his mouth was a lie.

He told Jeremey that he would have a job when he graduates from college.

He'll have a job if Romney is POTUS but it'll be sweeping the floors at Taco Bell because he will send the rest of our jobs overseas.

Just like Obama's bailout of GM. The taxpayer money was used to build 2 GM factories in China, and factories in Russia, Poland, Brazil and other locations overseas.

How is Obama helping to create US jobs. In 5 years you don't think GM will be selling Chinese made cars and dumping the high cost union factories in the USA :dunno:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gm-investing-220m-2-plants-183954716.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-25/gm-to-shift-more-production-to-low-cost-countries.html