New Orleans: Tour Guides Must Take History Exam & Drug Test [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans: Tour Guides Must Take History Exam & Drug Test

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-12-2012, 19:14
General Manager Kalila Smith of Haunted History Tours agrees with the licensing because "Otherwise you've got anybody off the street talking to people and taking their money."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/23/big-controversy-in-big-easy-tour-guides-claim-regs-violate-free-speech/

certifiedfunds
10-12-2012, 19:15
General Manager Kalila Smith of Haunted History Tours agrees with the licensing because "Otherwise you've got anybody off the street talking to people and taking their money."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/23/big-controversy-in-big-easy-tour-guides-claim-regs-violate-free-speech/

Just another day in the Quarter.

Betcha I can tell you where you got dem shoes!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-12-2012, 19:26

:rofl:

It's been awhile since I've been down there!

certifiedfunds
10-12-2012, 19:27
:rofl:

It's been awhile since I've been down there!

That comes right before his buddy puts a crappy .32 in your back.

tsmo1066
10-12-2012, 19:41
Just another day in the Quarter.

LOL! Last time I got hit with that one I told the guy he needed to get some new material. He laughed, said "OK, watch this!" and broke into a REALLY good tap-dance routine for my wife and I right there on the street. (I gave him a ten-spot for that one!)

I love the Quarter!

moeman
10-12-2012, 20:15
In the big easy...For a proper tour it would start at 11pm go to daylight, the tour guide would break out some weed. The guide would know all the great music sites and introduce you to the muscians. Late night excelent food at a restarunt that is open late,late where the chefs for the restaurants go after work.This is the drug testing they mention...right?

certifiedfunds
10-12-2012, 21:07
In the big easy...For a proper tour it would start at 11pm go to daylight, the tour guide would break out some weed. The guide would know all the great music sites and introduce you to the muscians. Late night excelent food at a restarunt that is open late,late where the chefs for the restaurants go after work.This is the drug testing they mention...right?

That's actually a pretty good plan.

jame
10-12-2012, 22:12
I've never been there, but it is a bucket list sort of thing for me. I've understood the food to be a nearly religious experience.

Music is a must see thing, too. Since I'm a plainsman, I'm sure I'll need a guide when I eventually go, to assure my wallet returns home with me.

The Maggy
10-12-2012, 22:37

Somebody's got to test it... you can't have employees passing around bad **** :whistling:

Random
10-12-2012, 22:41
That's just sad.

frizz
10-12-2012, 23:36

Of course Tour companies like it. It limits competition.

The city is going to lose this one, though. And it should.