Anyone know anything about these? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about these?

SKSman57
10-12-2012, 20:59
http://crasche.com/product/crasche-police-winter-knit-hat

scottydl
10-12-2012, 23:14
What I do know is that the dude in that photo ad looks like a tool. "Here you go Justin-Beaver-lookalike, put this hat on and you'll look just like a cop!!!" :upeyes:

In any event, I have heard that my dept is issuing winter caps this year to keep all of us from wearing all different styles. Maybe we're getting these? :dunno:

Schaffer
10-12-2012, 23:56
I wear whatever skull cap fits the mood for the day. I have 2-3 and throw on whichever is the cleanest usually.

Thinking about getting a Fargo style hat.

jbglock
10-13-2012, 00:20
Seems kind of silly. Haven't tried it so I could be wrong.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Accessories/Hats/Watch-Cap.html

That one actually is near waterproof and does a great job keeping my ears warm.

merlynusn
10-13-2012, 07:51
I either wear one that is plain black with no writing or I wear the one the department sells.

x_out86
10-13-2012, 08:01
Seems kind of silly. Haven't tried it so I could be wrong.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Accessories/Hats/Watch-Cap.html

That one actually is near waterproof and does a great job keeping my ears warm.
+1 for this one.

I have two and they get used often.

nursetim
10-13-2012, 11:04
For 10 more bone you get some degree of cranium protection, cheap insurance if you ask me, which you didn't.

txleapd
10-13-2012, 11:18
For 10 more bone you get some degree of cranium protection, cheap insurance if you ask me, which you didn't.

It might seem kinda silly at first glance, but it doesn't really seem like a bad idea, when you think about it.

CW Mock
10-13-2012, 13:36
I miss my Ivan hat.

Watch caps, underarmor, etc look like garbage with our uniform. Between our 1930s uniform and a gore-tex jacket and ski cap we can't decide WTF we are doing. At least the Ivan hats look like a part of a uniform and can carry the hat badge, LOL

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

blueiron
10-13-2012, 13:46
I miss my Ivan hat.

For really cold weather in uniform, these can't be beat. I never understood them until trying out a Russian ushanka in Europe. They work so well that I bought one made out of canvas and rabbit fur for hunting and decades later, it still works for snow.

I bought one for uniform when the high desert temps went below 30 degrees.

blueiron
10-13-2012, 13:48

All are factors of which are totally unimportant to the police administrators who pick the uniforms and never/rarely ever wear them.

steveksux
10-13-2012, 14:19
All are factors of which are totally unimportant to the police administrators who pick the uniforms and never/rarely ever wear them.Hard to fault administration types for not seeing the need to protect something that they have so little use for on a day to day basis. I.E. noggins. :rofl:

I'm sure they'd be more amenable to stuff like seat warmers. :supergrin:

Randy

Hack
10-13-2012, 20:05
We have a lot of lee way concerning what is used where I work. All institutions have their own policies concerning what is authorised, and what is permissible.

But, concerning this item, it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

blueiron
10-13-2012, 20:21
We have a lot of lee way concerning what is used where I work. All institutions have their own policies concerning what is authorised, and what is permissible.

But, concerning this item, it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Too bad you don't get a lot of lee way when it comes to the inmates. That's where it is really needed.

CanIhaveGasCash
10-13-2012, 20:30
It seems like it would not offer much protection. The only padding is neoprene with a plastic shell.

Gombey
10-13-2012, 21:15
http://crasche.com/product/crasche-police-winter-knit-hat

Maybe I am just tired, but what is the difference between the police one and the regular? Other than the price...

Hack
10-13-2012, 22:23
Too bad you don't get a lot of lee way when it comes to the inmates. That's where it is really needed.

True that!

Hack
10-13-2012, 22:24
Maybe I am just tired, but what is the difference between the police one and the regular? Other than the price...

I noticed some lower priced ones without the inserts.

nursetim
10-14-2012, 00:24
It seems like it would not offer much protection. The only padding is neoprene with a plastic shell.

Not a lot, but some is better than naught. It is not supposed to take the place of a riot or motorcycle helmet, but it offers more than you are generally walking around with.

steveksux
10-14-2012, 00:32
Seems like it would at least help protect against some stuff, or at least spread the impact over a larger area lessening the injury. The random beer bottle from behind.

Be interesting to get some idea of exactly what the polycarbonate shell can withstand. Doesn't seem like it would do much for a bat.

As long as you need a hat to keep your head/ears warm, it might be worth a look.

Randy

lawman800
10-14-2012, 01:08
Looks pretty dorky... and the guy they show is wearing it to keep his head warm but wearing short sleeves?

Is that like wearing a quilted vest with short sleeves? My body is cold, but my arms are warm. This vest solves both of those problems!

txleapd
10-14-2012, 15:41

Ever been hit in the head with a bottle?

RyanNREMTP
10-14-2012, 16:41
Too bad it never gets cold enough in Texas to warrant wearing one of those.

Outhouse Hub, the misinformation solution.