the 'I' be silent [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : the 'I' be silent

Bill Powell
10-13-2012, 07:37
People continue to tell me there is no eye in team. If that's the case why iss it that out of however many players it takes to make up a high school football team one may win a four year scholarship and the rest of them get zip. If the is no I in team they all should have gotten the scholarsiip, or none.

In a pro team of whatever there is one player making twenty million a year and the rest make scale for that club. He's the I in that team.

I like sports that call for individual effort, one winner and the rest losers.

I heard the other day that a pro foot ball team has seventy five people, to play a game that uses eleven people on the line. Out os those seventy five people there is one, maybe two, that the team feels they can't survive without. They're the I in that team.

I remember in Houston one year the Oilers were up against the Steelers, with Kenny(the snake) and Earl Campbell on the injured list. Management went into that game wringing their hands and moaning. Their two star I's were not playing. The rest of the guys, working as a team, beat the Steelers big time.

droidfire
10-13-2012, 08:10
How dare you speak of such things this way in today's politically correct world.

Fantasy will never mask reality until people like you play ball.

:tongueout:

Lone Wolf8634
10-13-2012, 08:12
There may be no "I" in team, but there is a "me".

m2hmghb
10-13-2012, 08:18
The i in team is in the hole of the A

Bruce M
10-13-2012, 08:22
http://i.imgur.com/F6mGA.jpg

glockrod
10-13-2012, 08:48
Bruce, I had never seen that before. My kids are still looking at me thinking I am crazy for LOLing.

It's in the a hole. Never saw it that way!!

jakebrake
10-13-2012, 08:57
http://i.imgur.com/F6mGA.jpg
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bruce M
10-13-2012, 10:37
I can't take credit for that - I first saw it somewhere on the internet, perhaps even here. I can only wish that I were that quick, creative and intelligent.

Bill Powell
10-13-2012, 10:39
Eric posted it on glock talk three or four days ago

Dennis in MA
10-13-2012, 11:52
There may be no "I" in team, but there is a "me".

This! I always respond this way. Lol