`Live Tonight ~ UFC: SILVA VS BOONAR` [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : `Live Tonight ~ UFC: SILVA VS BOONAR`

LASTRESORT20
10-13-2012, 15:56
http://imagec.ufc.com/http%253A%252F%252Fmedia.ufc.tv%252Fgenerated_images_sorted%252Fufc153%252FAnderson-Silva-Stephan-Bonnar%252Ffight_141810_mediumThumbnail.png

http://se.ufc.com/event/ufc153#/fight

Little Joe
10-13-2012, 16:51
Silva only fights the light heavy weights who can't hurt him. Neither Griffin nor Bonnar have a punchers chance. He's handpicking gate keepers. No disrespect to those guys, but they are at the end of their careers and have no chance to beat him.

No bread from me.

fusegsp
10-13-2012, 16:58
I'm watching this one to see if the Glover Teixera hype is justified. It will be interesting to see how well Bonnar holds up. He's durable. I think this fight is a gift, if you can call fighting Silva a gift, from Dana White for being a "company man" all these years. I think Silva will TKO him in the second.

LASTRESORT20
10-13-2012, 17:08
Should be interesting....as well as the rest of the fights...Live...

No bread either.

Reyn
10-13-2012, 17:13
Silva only fights the light heavy weights who can't hurt him. Neither Griffin nor Bonnar have a punchers chance. He's handpicking gate keepers. No disrespect to those guys, but they are at the end of their careers and have no chance to beat him.

No bread from me.

Outside of Jones there are no LHW that could hurt him.

Little Joe
10-13-2012, 18:12
Outside of Jones there are no LHW that could hurt him.

I think Rashad Evans has a punchers chance to knock him out. I think Hendo has a punchers chance as a LH to knock him out, even though Silva has already beat him. Machida has a punchers chance, even though Silva won't fight him for personal reasons. Shogun would be a tough fight for him.

My point is there are tougher fights for him out there than Bonnar and Griffin at this point of their careers.

Little Joe
10-13-2012, 18:14
I would think the best "pound for Pound" MMA fighter in the world would want to challenge himself with upper tier fighters, not lower tier fighters at the end of their career.

MarinePride
10-13-2012, 18:37
The whole card sucks, is the UFC going downhill fast or what? I wouldn't pay a dime for this PPV. I'll read about it on one of the MMA blogs or something.

IndyGunFreak
10-13-2012, 18:46

No bread from me.

Agreed... Bonner is tough as they come, but Silva will mop the floor with him (and Silva knows it)

Honestly, this card looks pretty weak IMO.

IGF

ronin.45
10-13-2012, 18:52
Silva should take this handily, but Bonnar could at least make it a fight. Bonnar has been looking better in recent fights. He is a better fighter now than griffin was when he faced Silva. Texiera is one to watch and ditch could have his hands full.

LASTRESORT20
10-13-2012, 18:53
Agreed... Bonner is tough as they come, but Silva will mop the floor with him (and Silva knows it)

Honestly, this card looks pretty weak IMO.

IGF

Good chance that Silva will win from what we know...But You know "Bonner" will be ready....Life is full of surprizes.

adamg01
10-13-2012, 19:08
Anderson is nearing the end of his career and he is handpicking his opponents. He doesn't have much interest in fighting wrestlers. It took a long time to get the rematch with Sonnen nailed down. He is in it for the huge paychecks and he isn't really interested in testing himself anymore.

Give the guy credit though. If he quit fighting today, he would go down as the greatest MMA fighter of all time. Let Jon Jones dominate for a few more years without losing and then Anderson might have some competition for GOAT.

Reyn
10-13-2012, 20:34
If there is one fight I wanna see it is Anderson vs bones jones.

el_jewapo
10-13-2012, 20:53
I think Rashad Evans has a punchers chance to knock him out. I think Hendo has a punchers chance as a LH to knock him out, even though Silva has already beat him. Machida has a punchers chance, even though Silva won't fight him for personal reasons. Shogun would be a tough fight for him.

My point is there are tougher fights for him out there than Bonnar and Griffin at this point of their careers.

I would think the best "pound for Pound" MMA fighter in the world would want to challenge himself with upper tier fighters, not lower tier fighters at the end of their career.

I'm not sure you quite understand the phrase "pound for pound". Of course he should want to fight the best fighters around his weight class. But not wanting to fight the top tier light heavyweights doesn't have any bearing on his "pound for pound" status.

BAILIFF
10-13-2012, 21:34
Two really good bouts so far...

Sharkey
10-13-2012, 21:42
Fitch should get fight of the night . He is a beast. Silva should win easily.

BAILIFF
10-13-2012, 21:47
Big Nog walking out to Kashmir. Class!

Little Joe
10-13-2012, 21:57
I'm not sure you quite understand the phrase "pound for pound". Of course he should want to fight the best fighters around his weight class. But not wanting to fight the top tier light heavyweights doesn't have any bearing on his "pound for pound" status.

I see what you are saying, and you are right.

WarEagle 1
10-13-2012, 22:06
Silva stepped to take this fight so it wouldn't get cancelled like the one, plus he's already beat Hendo. I always wanted to see Silva vs St. Pierre, but I think the best fight would be vs Jones. They should make the bout at 190 so Jones wouldn't have to cut that much weight and Silva wouldn't have to gain that much. If they'd done this along time ago we'd of seen him fight St. Pierre.

686Owner
10-13-2012, 22:16
I'd rather watch St Pierre fight than Silva.

BAILIFF
10-13-2012, 22:19
There's no one I enjoy watching fight less than GSP...:miff:

LASTRESORT20
10-13-2012, 22:19
I'd rather watch St Pierre fight than Silva.

St Pierre is a machine....I have always enjoyed his fights...

WarEagle 1
10-13-2012, 22:39
St Pierre is a machine....I have always enjoyed his fights...

I hated St. Pierre up until the fight against Thiago Alves where he tore his groin. With an injury like that he persevered and finished the fight. I've had much respect for him since then.

fusegsp
10-13-2012, 23:51
Holy crap, Fabio Maldonado can take a beating. That neck crank Maia put on Story was pretty nasty.

LASTRESORT20
10-13-2012, 23:52
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/anderson-silva-bigg-nog-glover-teixeira-dominate-ufc-043457097--mma.html