Phoenix, AZ police officer ambushed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix, AZ police officer ambushed

blueiron
10-13-2012, 16:21
Engaged at danger close while unaware, but that officer did a great job at responding.

www.kpho.com/story/19812937/phoenix-police-car-hit-by-assault-rifle-shots

www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/20121013phoenix-police-car-shot-suspect-loose.html

www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/pd-kidnapping-suspect-loose-after-phoenix-shootout

Sam Spade
10-13-2012, 16:28
All because the officer tried to generate revenue on a stop sign violation. :whistling:

ICARRY2
10-13-2012, 16:51
Welcome to Maryvale!

Home to the best dirtbags in Phoenix.

blueiron
10-13-2012, 17:08
All because the officer tried to generate revenue on a stop sign violation. :whistling:

Oh, stop being practical! :rant:

:tongueout:

Patchman
10-13-2012, 21:12
Amazing isn't it, how a simple car stop for blowing a stop sign can result in being shot at with a rifle?

Oh yeah, interrupting the on-going kidnapping was a bonus too.

Glad that officer made it home to his family.

kenpoprofessor
10-13-2012, 21:27
That can't have been an "assault rifle", it's an SKS, and they're legal in CA :rofl:

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

blueiron
10-13-2012, 22:28
Advocating for open carry of one's intellect.

steveksux
10-13-2012, 23:19
You never know why you're stopping someone. You "think" its for a stop sign. They think its for the kidnapping/bank robbery/homicide they just committed.

Be careful out there...

Randy

lawman800
10-14-2012, 00:13
See, the officer was open carrying and it stopped a crime!

Cochese
10-14-2012, 02:04
That can't have been an "assault rifle", it's an SKS, and they're legal in CA :rofl:

Clyde

Is that really all you had to offer in here?

Who gives a ****. He took rifle rounds his way and lived. That is all I care about, not what the damn media calls the firearm.

Grow up already.

kenpoprofessor
10-14-2012, 04:43

Who gives a ****. He took rifle rounds his way and lived. That is all I care about, not what the damn media calls the firearm.

Grow up already.

Wow, you like to tell people what we should think and say huh? :wavey:

Clyde

misunderestimated
10-14-2012, 04:50
You never know why you're stopping someone. You "think" its for a stop sign. They think its for the kidnapping/bank robbery/homicide they just committed.

Be careful out there...

Randy

You said a mouthful there,its scary how an everyday thing can become a life altering event in 4 seconds

Hack
10-14-2012, 04:50

Grow up already.

There are certain types of people who make my ignore list. Especially as I get older, and less patient with some types of people.

4949shooter
10-14-2012, 05:17

Clyde

This is an officer survival thread.

Your humor is misplaced and inappropriate.

kenpoprofessor
10-14-2012, 05:50
This is an officer survival thread.

Your humor is misplaced and inappropriate.

So because of this, we're supposed to curtail any thoughts we have, or humor??? Really????? Is this how cops act, when they feel it's an issue you should interject???? He survived, yea him.

You sound like Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and the rest of the Democrats.

Clyde

scottydl
10-14-2012, 07:56
There are certain types of people who make my ignore list. Especially as I get older, and less patient with some types of people.

I just joined your club.

Cochese
10-14-2012, 10:13

Clyde

No Kenpo Substitute Teacher... think whatever your little brain can muster and keep making those rad YouTube vids.

:rofl:

Cochese
10-14-2012, 10:18
So because of this, we're supposed to curtail any thoughts we have, or humor??? Really????? Is this how cops act, when they feel it's an issue you should interject???? He survived, yea him.

Clyde

No, he sounds like someone who is tired of listening to your childish horse ****.

We (and the rest of them Internets) have all heard the canned rage regarding the misuse of the term assault rifle and clip vs mag etc.

My point, and 4949's point, was that we've all heard it before. Everyone has. This is a officer survival thread in COPTALK.

So unless you have a question to pose or some valid comment, then go pound sand.

blueiron
10-14-2012, 12:03

Indeed. Stupid people are one of the few reasons I retired and why I take vacations from the very types of asinine comments that was posted here.

Humor? Humor is a display of observational intellect regarding the human condition or circumstance. What was proffered was nothing more than an overdeveloped attempt to 'fit in' by oneself's bleating about a topic in which he has zero experience, relevance, or education.

Add one more to the list.

Patchman
10-14-2012, 12:56

Clyde

You assuming you're "people?" Never ASSUME. :supergrin:

boyscout399
10-14-2012, 13:02
Wow, what did Kenpo say that was so offensive, honestly, Sam Spade started with the humor in post #2. What's the big deal if kenpo made a comment about the "assault rifle" used? I don't understand why everyone jumped down his throat. There were 3 other comical posts prior to his...

m2hmghb
10-14-2012, 13:12
Wow, what did Kenpo say that was so offensive, honestly, Sam Spade started with the humor in post #2. What's the big deal if kenpo made a comment about the "assault rifle" used? I don't understand why everyone jumped down his throat. There were 3 other comical posts prior to his...

You don't know Kenpoopoo's prior history here.

I'm glad the officer is doing well. I hope they find that POS.

4949shooter
10-14-2012, 17:04

Since you obviously are uninformed about police culture, which is understandable I might add, I will try to explain Sam's post. Sam's comment was what we in law enforcement refer to as "black humor." In other words, Sam is making a valid point, or comment, using a bit of humor to lighten up the situation. So, in a funny sort of satirical way, Sam is voicing his digust at the incident ln question. Being that this is a police related forum, most if not all of the other law enforcement officers on this forum understand Sam's rhetoric. You, not being a law enforcement officer, do not understand. There is nothing wrong with not understanding, just try to have an open mind.

4949shooter
10-14-2012, 17:11

Clyde

You obviously have an agenda. I have witnessed your agenda numerous times on Glocktalk. I haven't bothered with you, as I feel you are entitled to your own opinions.

Now, we are telling you your humor is misplaced and inappropriate. As Cochese mentioned, this is a coptalk forum, where officer survival and end of watch threads are taken very seriously. If you want to continue your agenda that's fine. Just take it to another forum. This shouldn't be too difficult for a man of your intelligence to understand.

theSteve
10-14-2012, 17:36
After hearing stories like these and growing up less than half a mile from where 43rd and Encanto blvd is...it's crazy to think that I still want to be a Phoenix police officer.

RGbiker
10-14-2012, 19:31

Clyde

Hey Clyde......

Still trying to win over hearts and minds, eh?

Nice turnout at AZCDL dinner. Good seeing you again!

Ed.

kenpoprofessor
10-14-2012, 19:41
Hey Clyde......

Still trying to win over hearts and minds, eh?

Nice turnout at AZCDL dinner. Good seeing you again!

Ed.

LOL, I haven't changed Ed :supergrin:. You looked good at the dinner, we'll have to get together next time I'm down your way and see who we can piss off in Tucson :supergrin:.

Clyde

kenpoprofessor
10-14-2012, 19:44
You obviously have an agenda. I have witnessed your agenda numerous times on Glocktalk. I haven't bothered with you, as I feel you are entitled to your own opinions.

Now, we are telling you your humor is misplaced and inappropriate. As Cochese mentioned, this is a coptalk forum, where officer survival and end of watch threads are taken very seriously. If you want to continue your agenda that's fine. Just take it to another forum. This shouldn't be too difficult for a man of your intelligence to understand.

You can analyze me all you like, but you'll never know who or what I am or stand for. Until then, I'll post how I like, when I like, get over it.

Clyde

4949shooter
10-14-2012, 19:48
You can analyze me all you like, but you'll never know who or what I am or stand for. Until then, I'll post how I like, when I like, get over it.

Clyde

I don't care who you are nor what you are.

And you don't need to be "analyzed." Your agenda is obvious to all. Even your friend above indicates this in his post.

Have a great gun carryin' 4949 day. ;)

Cochese
10-14-2012, 19:55
...we'll have to get together next time I'm down your way and see who we can piss off in Tucson...

...I'll post how I like, when I like, get over it...

O'rly?

I created this forum as a place for cops to talk shop and for non-cops to be able to interact with cops and hopefully create some common ground.

Weird.

I don't see anything in there about Clyde coming in here and shooting his mouth off how he likes/when he likes?

Seriously, the world needs more YouTube vids. Go forth and conquer. :rofl:

MB-G26
10-14-2012, 20:05
... I'll post how I like, when I like, get over it. Clyde

Really? Really?

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622412

11-29-2006, 09:32 #1
Eric

What This Forum Is Here For - Read This If You Post Here

Folks, I did not create this forum to give people a place to ***** about cops, or to question the morality or legality of their practices. You might have a burning need to do so, but this is not the place for it.

I created this forum as a place for cops to talk shop and for non-cops to be able to interact with cops and hopefully create some common ground.

If you do not like cops, or you are pissed because you got a ticket, or you want to know how to beat the ticket, or you don't like no-knock warrants or DUI checkpoints, do not post about it here. Period. ...

If you want to discuss legal/ethical issues of police practices or policies, do it in GT's Civil Liberties forum. That is what it was created for. From now on, any such discussion here will be closed or moved to that forum. ...

Once again and for the record, I and my site are big fans of LEO's and we support them. You do not have to like them yourself, but you do have to treat them respectfully if you want to post on my site... I expect EVERYONE to comport themselves in a considerate, respectful manner, if they wish to continue participating here. There is no excuse for bad behavior ...

kenpoprofessor
10-14-2012, 20:08
Really? Really?

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622412

I have said nothing here that would violate these terms, but my mere presence in this forum makes some of you just rage, and that's OK with me. You act like I have no rights, you don't like losing control of the situation, so, you try to treat me like a perp and "charge me" with anything you'll think that'll stick.

I made a joke, get over it.

Clyde

Cochese
10-14-2012, 20:19
I have said nothing here that would violate these terms, but my mere presence in this forum makes some of you just rage, and that's OK with me. You act like I have no rights, you don't like losing control of the situation, so, you try to treat me like a perp and "charge me" with anything you'll think that'll stick.

I made a joke, get over it.

Clyde

You don't have rights Mr. Wizard.

It is a privately owned forum. Who is losing control? Your presence here has cause trouble written all over it, every time you open your mouth.

This is in direct contradiction to what the SITE OWNER has directed in the quoted posts.

YOU are the common denominator.

blueiron
10-14-2012, 20:24
YOU are the lowest common denominator.

A slight revision for technical means.

SGT HATRED
10-14-2012, 20:51
Ahh cop talk. Makes me lol. Any who about the op, south phoenix might as well be mexico. With all the cockroach scum that comes with it. No surprises who the suspect is. Every time I read an article like this I truly wish for the mexican to be illegal so america will wake up and realize that these people are not here looking for a better life, but they are here to bring down society to their level...

Sam Spade
10-14-2012, 21:17
Since you obviously are uninformed about police culture, which is understandable I might add, I will try to explain Sam's post. Sam's comment was what we in law enforcement refer to as "black humor." In other words, Sam is making a valid point, or comment, using a bit of humor to lighten up the situation. So, in a funny sort of satirical way, Sam is voicing his digust at the incident ln question. Being that this is a police related forum, most if not all of the other law enforcement officers on this forum understand Sam's rhetoric. You, not being a law enforcement officer, do not understand. There is nothing wrong with not understanding, just try to have an open mind.

Thank you. To translate for the passers-by:

You, young officer, may think that you're writing a traffic ticket, or maybe even stopping a drunk. The driver, OTOH, isn't playing by your expectations. He knows that he's a wanted, armed felon and figures that you're onto him. That's why we disposed of the term "routine" traffic stop, or "low-risk" stop years ago. Real cops aren't generating revenue, they're using every tool at their disposal to find criminals. And if you look long enough, you'll eventually run into one.

Sorry that you didn't get the meta-message, but as 4949 notes, I was writing for a different audience.

I liked my original post better.