DIY Brass Catcher [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DIY Brass Catcher

Merrixs
10-13-2012, 21:49
Here's a little teaser pic to get your imaginative juices flowing.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/Merrixs/Guns%20and%20Hunting/P8260014.jpg

More to follow in the coming weeks.

arclight610
10-13-2012, 22:44
Forget the brass catcher. What's that crazy blue mag follower? I want one of those.

M&P15T
10-14-2012, 03:08
I fear where this thread is heading........nooooot really all that tactical.

Anyways, I was thinking about catching brass myself. But other than setting a card-board box on it's side on the table at the range I shoot off of, so the it catches the brass, I didn't think of anything brilliant.

Actually, the box idea came from not wanting to pelt the shooter next to me with hot brass.

DaleGribble
10-14-2012, 03:36

Anyways, I was thinking about catching brass myself. But other than setting a card-board box on it's side on the table at the range I shoot off of, so the it catches the brass, I didn't think of anything brilliant.

Actually, the box idea came from not wanting to pelt the shooter next to me with hot brass.

Try a cheap bed sheet laid out on the ground.

M&P15T
10-14-2012, 03:38
Try a cheap bed sheet laid out on the ground.

Like I said, it really isn't about catching the brass for me (I don't reload yet), it's about not hitting the person sitting next to me on the bench with hot brass.

Oh, and a bed sheet is really, reeeeally not tactical enough!!:rofl::rofl:

Panzer
10-14-2012, 04:57
Like I said, it really isn't about catching the brass for me (I don't reload yet), it's about not hitting the person sitting next to me on the bench with hot brass.

Oh, and a bed sheet is really, reeeeally not tactical enough!!:rofl::rofl:

Would an old surplus army parachute be tacticool enough then?

M&P15T
10-14-2012, 05:55
Would an old surplus army parachute be tacticool enough then?

:rofl::rofl:

Merrixs
10-14-2012, 07:12

I don't know that I am going for "tactical". I don't really like that word anyway. I'm thinking more practical. I am a reloader that just doesn't like looking for brass. Please express your fears though, as I am interested.

Merrixs
10-14-2012, 07:15
Forget the brass catcher. What's that crazy blue mag follower? I want one of those.

Its just the standard follower that came in my Grendel mags. I don't see much difference in the shape of the protrusion compared to the pmag I have though.

bigmoney890
10-14-2012, 14:14
Looks like a good start!

M&P15T
10-14-2012, 16:09
I don't know that I am going for "tactical". I don't really like that word anyway. I'm thinking more practical. I am a reloader that just doesn't like looking for brass. Please express your fears though, as I am interested.

I was just joking.....nothing more.

We're anxiously awaiting your final creation, looks good so far.