Why do they lie? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why do they lie?

okie
10-14-2012, 00:30
I'm watching Beverly Hills Cop on Comedy Central, after every commercial they say this movie is uncut, that is a load of crap, they did cut the damn thing. They cut all the nudity and there have been several other thing cut also. Don't tell us it's uncut when it is:upeyes:

skanless
10-14-2012, 00:39
Did you lose a bet?

Hamilton Burger
10-14-2012, 00:43
They didn't cut it Mark; that's the way it came when they bought it at Wally World.

okie
10-14-2012, 00:54
Did you lose a bet?

Nope I sure didn't:supergrin:

okie
10-14-2012, 00:55
They didn't cut it Mark; that's the way it came when they bought it at Wally World.

I got my copy at WM and it isn't cut. I just saw more stuff they cut:upeyes:

IndyGunFreak
10-14-2012, 01:05
They probably mean the language is uncut (IIRC, that movie has several f-bombs). They can get away w/ uncut language late at night. They can't get away w/ nudity.

okie
10-14-2012, 01:16
They probably mean the language is uncut (IIRC, that movie has several f-bombs). They can get away w/ uncut language late at night. They can't get away w/ nudity.

They need to say that then, because "This movie is uncut" tells me that they didn't cut anything out:supergrin:

Geeorge
10-14-2012, 01:33
Did they cut out the scene where the semi smashes the duster on the street?

One of the best parts

okie
10-14-2012, 01:42

One of the best parts

I missed that part, when I tuned in Mickey and Axle were just coming home from the bar and Mickey gets killed:supergrin:

donbarzini
10-14-2012, 03:30
what creeped me out is when i saw cobra with stallone like 5 times...its on tv...theres stuff i have not seen before. i own the dvd and still seen new things..i expect things to be cut but not new scenes

dango
10-14-2012, 03:32
Ban Walmart..........................!

HerrGlock
10-14-2012, 03:40
They need to say that then, because "This movie is uncut" tells me that they didn't cut anything out:supergrin:

You got it all wrong. They meant the movie was following NYC and the movie has never had a brit milah.

HerrGlock
10-14-2012, 03:42
what creeped me out is when i saw cobra with stallone like 5 times...its on tv...theres stuff i have not seen before. i own the dvd and still seen new things..i expect things to be cut but not new scenes

This is actually common. Watch the TV version of Jaws, there are extra scenes.

When they cut as much as they have to cut, the movie becomes too short to fit the time slot so they have to bring in more of the cutting room floor scenes to make up for the time.

Dennis in MA
10-14-2012, 08:26

One of the best parts

Hey hey hey. My dad had a cool 72 Duster. He wasn't, but the car was. Lol

Dogbite
10-14-2012, 11:09
I was actually watching that for a minute as well. I turned it on right at that part where Eddie M. was meeting the other cops, and one of them punched him in the stomach.

Brian Lee
10-15-2012, 10:20
The supposedly uncut version of Unforgiven on DVD is also cut down from the original release on VHS tape - which you can't rent anymore. In the original near the end, the Schofield kid goes on a little speech about how he only really wanted the blood money so he can buy glasses to see better, and get new cloths so he can look respectable, and less like a drifter. The kid also throws the N-Word at Ned a few times when they first meet.

wjv
10-15-2012, 10:43

It's OK for a movie on TV to show someone having their head amputated with a chain saw, or being shot to death to death. But show a pair of boobies and all hell breaks loose. . . :upeyes:

okie
10-16-2012, 07:02
It's OK for a movie on TV to show someone having their head amputated with a chain saw, or being shot to death to death. But show a pair of boobies and all hell breaks loose. . . :upeyes:

This:supergrin:

RenoF250
10-16-2012, 08:55

What I REALLY don't get are the shows that have a hot sex scene where they are clearly grinding away etc. and then no nudity. I would much rather my kids stumble in the room to a pair so boobs than to some grinding and moaning. Makes no sense.

JW1178
10-16-2012, 09:30
They may have meant commercial free.

BossGodfrey
10-16-2012, 09:38
That's almost as bad as the Pizza Hut lie! Any size pizza with any topping for 10.00, yet order more than five topping and they start charging 2.00 per topping ! Any toppings my ass !

tous
10-16-2012, 17:16
okie, okie, okie. :upeyes:

The feller writing the, 'Uncut' copy is obviously practicing to be a professional liar in the near future.

The galoot will be running for office next year and he'll tell the voters, "Uh, it all depends on your definition of uncut. My opponent wants to cut funding for Big Bird, pushes feeble old people in wheelchairs off cliffs and wants all the poor chil'run to starve. When I am elected, everything will be uncut!"

Bruce M
10-16-2012, 17:38
Nothing ever seems to be cut in the Betamax copies of films; further proof Betamax is the best choice...

NickC50310
10-16-2012, 18:06

One of the best parts

One of my favorite parts and one of my favorite movies EVER. My fantasy football team name is Neutron Dance (for the truck sequence and because im a Carolina fan (Cam Neutron). My dog is also named Axel Foley. I frequently say- "good bye Mr Foley." :rofl: