Benghasi vs Watergate, which is worse? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Benghasi vs Watergate, which is worse?

Vic777
10-14-2012, 12:55
Let's see ...
Benghasi
Four dead Americans
Lying President
Lying Secretary of State
Gross Incompetence

Watergate
botched B&E
President tries coverup.

Benghasi ... Dumocrat crime ... no problem ... MSM silent
Watergate ...Republican Crime ... Impeachment! ... MSM working for Eighteen months on story.

Zombie Surgeon
10-14-2012, 13:26
You forgot Fast & Furious
3 Federal agents murdered
300+ Mexican nationals killed with guns provided by the Obama regime

porschedog
10-14-2012, 13:27
Whenever Barry Big Ears finally is evicted from the White House, it will be interesting to learn the real facts

countrygun
10-14-2012, 13:38
Nixon-Republican, era of relatively higher expectations. Hounded by liberals who just starting to take over the media.

Obama-Democrat, era of lower standards with liberals controlling the media.

This is called "Progress"

Uh huh

janice6
10-14-2012, 13:45
Benghasi - No one punished. This is worse.

Watergate - President punished.

cowboy1964
10-14-2012, 14:52
I think they're both bad. To play these "which is worse" games for political reasons is stupid.

countrygun
10-14-2012, 15:04
I think they're both bad. To play these "which is worse" games for political reasons is stupid.

Comparing today to the past as a measurement of change, for political reasons, is "stupid".

Apparently it would be OK for liberals to compare Obama to FDR for political purposes however?

Angry Fist
10-14-2012, 15:08
Past vs. present? no comparison.

Angry Fist
10-14-2012, 15:08
Nixon's dead. Carry on.

jdavionic
10-14-2012, 15:14
Well, I'm the last to defend the POS in the WH; however there is a difference. In Watergate, it was the intention to break into the dem HQ. In Benghazi and Fast & Furious, I don't think the intent was to have people killed.

With that said, there has been complete incompetence and apathy toward the results. I think both are inexcusable and lying to cover up is a criminal act IMO. I know it will not happen, but I'd love to see this president testify on his knowledge of the events leading up to both of these disasters and immediately following them. To me, the president is clearly lying about Benghazi. He should be made to testify...and if he lies, he should be impeached.

countrygun
10-14-2012, 15:15
Nixon's dead. Carry on.

Nothing gets past the sharp eyes of GTPI. We get all the latest news

hogship
10-14-2012, 15:26
Well, I'm the last to defend the POS in the WH; however there is a difference. In Watergate, it was the intention to break into the dem HQ. In Benghazi and Fast & Furious, I don't think the intent was to have people killed.

With that said, there has been complete incompetence and apathy toward the results. I think both are inexcusable and lying to cover up is a criminal act IMO. I know it will not happen, but I'd love to see this president testify on his knowledge of the events leading up to both of these disasters and immediately following them. To me, the president is clearly lying about Benghazi. He should be made to testify...and if he lies, he should be impeached.

To answer the OP's question .......Benghazi.

-------------------------------------

jdavionic...........

I think the desired result of F&F, and Benghazi may have been the purposeful sacrifice of lives for the effect it would have in the news.......but, like you, this is an opinion, as well. I don't deny that you could be right, but my instincts say otherwise.

The intent is more questionable with the Libyan deaths than the F+F deaths. Whoever initiated F&F, must undoubtedly have known that deaths were certain to be the result of arming criminals in Mexico.......either that, or it was a monumental act of ignorance to not have considered it.

ooc

10-14-2012, 16:38
The lies about a stained blue dress caused more problems for Clinton than ANYTHING Obama has lied about.

jdavionic
10-14-2012, 16:40
The lies about a stained blue dress caused more problems for Clinton than ANYTHING Obama has lied about.

Of course, he's a white guy

czsmithGT
10-14-2012, 16:55
Benghazi.

Incompetence resulting in the murder of a United States ambassador (plus three others) followed by outright ass-covering lies followed by throwing Clinton and the field intelligence under the bus should result in resignation by the "Commander in Chief". Don't get me wrong, Clinton should go too- she should have resigned by now but of course her ego won't permit that.

Too bad that unlike the media's desire to get Nixon, in this case their desire to besmirch Obama is non-existent.

countrygun
10-14-2012, 17:05
Benghazi.

Incompetence resulting in the murder of a United States ambassador (plus three others) followed by outright ass-covering lies followed by throwing Clinton and the field intelligence under the bus should result in resignation by the "Commander in Chief". Don't get me wrong, Clinton should go too- she should have resigned by now but of course her ego won't permit that.

Too bad that unlike the media's desire to get Nixon, in this case their desire to besmirch Obama is non-existent.

Sad too. Compared to all that went in to breaking Watergate, most of this would be a "chip shot". start by adding up what's been said publicly and you already have 90% of the puzzle. The media just doesn't want to connect the dots in a way the herd could understand it

DOC44
10-14-2012, 17:13
obama rigged coverup..... he is probably all out of duct tape.

president lied

Sec. of State lied

UN rep lied

vice pres lied

Jay Carney lied.... and lied...... and lied

and some people still believe them

Doc44

mj9mm
10-14-2012, 17:15
nothing political about it. F and F, Libyia, no question about, Watergate isn't in the same league:whistling: