Does anyone else think they should move those deer crossings? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think they should move those deer crossings?

Glotin
10-14-2012, 15:02
Please Move The Deer Crossing - YouTube

This lady has been in 3 wrecks involving deer... all three occurred shortly after she saw deer crossing signs. She thinks we should move the deer crossing signs to lower traffic areas...like school crossings... so the deer wont be crossing in such high traffic areas.

:whistling:

Dragoon189
10-14-2012, 15:08
If that worked I would use them every hunting season

dango
10-14-2012, 15:30
I think every deer should have to wear a blinking neon sign dam-it........!

PBCounty
10-14-2012, 15:32
Hopefully that's just another BS bit on a local morning talk show....but I do believe someone can be that stupid.

frank4570
10-14-2012, 15:45
The real meaning of MPH- The Original- TCHappenings - YouTube

Drilled
10-14-2012, 15:50
Okay, so she is so stupid she does not know that they erect signs because of previous hits and they are a warning for people that it is a deer crossing zone?

Maybe they should erect stupid people signs along the road.

Oh wait, the roads would be littered with signs!

dango
10-14-2012, 16:03
Okay, so she is so stupid she does not know that they erect signs because of previous hits and they are a warning for people that it is a deer crossing zone?

Maybe they should erect stupid people signs along the road.

Oh wait, the roads would be littered with signs!

Why not just issue extra large (STUPID) plates per vehicle..?

Drilled
10-14-2012, 16:10
Why not just issue extra large (STUPID) plates per vehicle..?

Yea, I like that! :cool:

jeepinbandit
10-14-2012, 16:13
I think my IQ just went down a few points listening to her talk.

G19Tony
10-14-2012, 18:45
This thread.....

Full of Jambog. :tongueout: :wavey:

AK_Stick
10-14-2012, 18:58
http://youtu.be/zOWCSCKB30g

Harper
10-14-2012, 20:33
She's joking. I'm sure someone could be that stupid but it sounds like she's just messing with them. She overplays it by stating 'they can control the deer however they want...' and doesn't try think about what they're saying.

Glock&KimberLady
10-14-2012, 20:37
Hah, watch me tempt fate...

I've lived in the woods for over 8 years and haven't hit a deer or moose yet. It's so common that people are amazed I haven't done it yet.

Have come close countless times, and had a yearling pace me alongside my dirtbike for about 200 yards (I was WFO in 5th gear at the time) but nooot yeeet....

/bruises knuckles knocking wood for ten minutes/

Tow/Repo
10-14-2012, 20:42
This thread.....

Full of Jambog. :tongueout: :wavey:

Heavy on Jambog :wavey:

el_jewapo
10-14-2012, 20:42

I've lived in the woods for over 8 years and haven't hit a deer or moose yet. It's so common that people are amazed I haven't done it yet.

Have come close countless times, and had a yearling pace me alongside my dirtbike for about 200 yards (I was WFO in 5th gear at the time) but nooot yeeet....

It ain't the ones you see you have to worry about. At least, you won't see it for more than a fraction of a second before the crack.

janice6
10-14-2012, 20:43
Can't wait to hear her dissertation on the abuse of poor defenseless skeet.

Somebody tell her how skeet are shot.

Glock&KimberLady
10-14-2012, 20:47
It ain't the ones you see you have to worry about. At least, you won't see it for more than a fraction of a second before the crack.

I just hope it doesn't happen on my bike or my snowboard. I ride in the woods and there are deer and moose all over the local ski resort...even during operating hours. :alex:

JimIsland
10-14-2012, 21:02

You got a slooooow dirt bike!! lol :tongueout:

dango
10-14-2012, 21:08

Knock on somethin , bad JuJu .......EeeeeK.......:shocked:

bush pilot
10-14-2012, 22:52
She's joking. I'm sure someone could be that stupid but it sounds like she's just messing with them. She overplays it by stating 'they can control the deer however they want...' and doesn't try think about what they're saying.

Don't be so sure, she is from North Dakota.

noway
10-15-2012, 02:44
Extreme Car vs Deer accidents - YouTube

yeah, they should move those deer xings. :rofl:

el_jewapo
10-15-2012, 13:43
Extreme Car vs Deer accidents - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nY1KkgrusE)

yeah, they should move those deer xings. :rofl:

Well, you've convinced me. At first, I thought she was just dumber than a sack of hammers. But after seeing the damage they can do, I think she may be on to something.

whoflungdo
10-15-2012, 13:53
Please Move The Deer Crossing - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI8UPHMzZm8)

This lady has been in 3 wrecks involving deer... all three occurred shortly after she saw deer crossing signs. She thinks we should move the deer crossing signs to lower traffic areas...like school crossings... so the deer wont be crossing in such high traffic areas.

:whistling:

My current ex-wife asked me one time shortly after we got married how the deer knew to cross at the deer crossing signs...

robertoh
10-15-2012, 13:56
And after they move the crossing,any deer that uses the old crossing give it a ticket.Yeh that will work.
Officer:Ok your crossing at the wrong place got to give you a ticket.
Deer: Sorry Officer I didn't know it's been moved.
Officer:Never the less,I need some Information.
Officer:Have you been drinking?
Deer:No I swear.
Officer:What's your name?
Deer:Rudolf.
Officer:Where do you work?
Deer:North Pole.
Officer:Who's your Employer?
Deer:(thinking)Oh crap,--------

MARKDANIEL
10-15-2012, 14:08
Heres a true story. Near Atlanta MI they built a tunnel under the road for the deer to use so they would not get hit by cars. Talk about a big waste of taxpayer dollars.

Glock&KimberLady
10-15-2012, 15:23
You got a slooooow dirt bike!! lol :tongueout:

Hah, it's a 250X. Can't expect the wide ratio bikes to have the speed of the race bikes. Mr. GKL's 450R, though...WFO in 5th gear isn't something I would EVAR do...