What's with all the pink stuff on NFL games lately? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the pink stuff on NFL games lately?

jame
10-14-2012, 21:48
It looks bad and it's distracting as hell. I understand the NFL is promoting support for breast cancer, and that's well and good, but seriously…….

Aaron Rogers is wearing a pink Green Bay Packers ball cap. It doesn't even have the bill rolled…….what the hell! :impatient:

Hauptmann6
10-14-2012, 21:49
It is annoying as crap. Nothing more than NFL grandstanding to look like they are doing something, and to attract female viewers.

ray9898
10-14-2012, 21:54
Good with me. The females in my family have been decimated by breast cancer including my mother who is currently taking chemo. Bringing awareness and financially helping the cause has my full support.

GAFinch
10-14-2012, 21:55
Breast cancer is already one of the most well-funded studies without this extra pink crap. It's just a feel-good thing for bored housewives.

10mm Sonny
10-14-2012, 22:04
If the NFL just shows they care... More women will watch... Thus higher ratings = $$$$$$

Altaris
10-14-2012, 22:06
I love boobies, so I have no problem with it. :supergrin:

Drain You
10-14-2012, 22:09
It's for teh bewbs man.

TK-421
10-14-2012, 22:12
I think topless cheerleaders with pink body paint would work best. Pleases the guys and shows they support breast cancer research.

jame
10-14-2012, 22:13
Don't get me wrong, fellas. My mom is a breast cancer survivor, but there is a time and a place for everything.

I've rarely ever seen such a blatant cash grab my ANY sport. Getting ratings up is one thing, but really…..can it get any more flagrant than this?

Snaps
10-14-2012, 22:17
The Texans cheerleaders looked good in their pink outfits though.

fireguy129
10-14-2012, 22:20
Compare the stats between prostate cancer in men, and breast cancer for women. Seemed pretty comparable.
It just seems overdone. Pink gloves, towels, shoes, ribbons, pom poms, hats etc. Plus it's the whole month. Give them a game, or throw a pink ball a few times a game and call it good.
Anyone see the pink fire apparatus or pink turnout gear? Oh joyous....

NEOH212
10-14-2012, 22:22
The typical American male these days is alot more, "Girly" than the men of say the World War two era.

So, I think the pink is quiet fitting if you ask me. :whistling:

:rofl:

ray9898
10-14-2012, 22:24
It is breast cancer awareness month, all the pink items are auctioned to benefit the cause.

skeeter7
10-14-2012, 22:50
My mother survived breast cancer so I'm cool with the NFL showing their support. It will all be over in a couple weeks anyways so it's not a big deal.

Snaps
10-14-2012, 22:52
It is breast cancer awareness month, all the pink items are auctioned to benefit the cause.
yet breast cancer awareness month pink stuff has been going on for months now. They were wearing it in the opening day game.
Breast cancer awareness month seems to be Jan - Dec these days

TK-421
10-14-2012, 23:01
I think the NFL is doing pink stuff the whole season, not just this one month.

nursetim
10-14-2012, 23:04
My father has prostate ca, when is his month? Is his color green? Cream? What?

FLIPPER 348
10-14-2012, 23:06
It is annoying as crap. Nothing more than NFL grandstanding to look like they are doing something, and to attract female viewers.

Grandstanding?? God you are a ****** .

The pink stuff is auctioned off raising money and awareness for a good cause.

rednoved
10-14-2012, 23:17
They are in their 4th year of doing this. If you didn't know, they always do it in October, which happens to be Breast Cancer Awareness month.

I really don't see the problem. This effort not only raises money, but raises awareness. If you ever lose a family member to breast cancer like I have, you might have a hard time seeing the harm in raising any awareness.

ray9898
10-14-2012, 23:28
They are in their 4th year of doing this. If you didn't know, they always do it in October, which happens to be Breast Cancer Awareness month.

I really don't see the problem. This effort not only raises money, but raises awareness. If you ever lose a family member to breast cancer like I have, you might have a hard time seeing the harm in raising any awareness.

Logic has no place on this site anymore. It is full of people just looking for some emotional outrage of something they can criticize..

Thankfully the advancements in detection, treatment and a rise in overall awareness over the years which have been spurred by funding has given my mom a chance to be a survivor. She is still battling it and isn't out of the woods but if it were 10 years ago it would have probably been missed until it was too late.

I support the NFL for lending the clout of their brand to the cause.

10-14-2012, 23:29

http://newstalkkit.com/files/2012/09/prostate-sticker.jpg

Trapped_in_Kali
10-14-2012, 23:32

Brown? :wow::wow:

CitizenOfDreams
10-14-2012, 23:34

Rubber glove blue.

I've seen college football teams with pink stuff, too. I have no problem with people showing support.

Ol' Dirty
Sorry, but I'm calling BS. Can anyone tell me they aren't aware of breast cancer? This whole thing is overkill suiting up pro football players in pink shoes, socks, armbands, gloves, hats, towels, mouthpieces and everything else. Here we have the biggest, meanest SOBs out there dressed up like barbies, the pussification is in progress.

10-14-2012, 23:36
Sorry, but I'm calling BS. Can anyone tell me they aren't aware of breast cancer? This whole thing is overkill suiting up pro football players in pink shoes, socks, armbands, gloves, hats, towels, mouthpieces and everything else. Here we have the biggest, meanest SOBs out there dressed up like barbies, the pussification is in progress.

:upeyes:

Gills63
10-14-2012, 23:43
Why take something that is a positve and whine about it? Boredom?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

TK-421
10-14-2012, 23:49

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/312/563/05d.jpg

Gallium
10-14-2012, 23:59
My MIL had a near death miss from breast cancer a dozen years ago, and a repeat bout. Her sister (my wife's aunt) died from it 7 years ago,

and my own sister died from breast cancer last year at the young age of 44 after a long 3 yr battle, where I had to pull her off life support (and was there at the hospital that day) to save her dignity,

and I think it's a bit much. Fortunately, I don't let how I feel emotionally about the issue affect my logic about the disease, the research, the funding, the awareness.

Much of what the NFL has done is feel good. Much of it is also leverage. They use their 800lb marketing gorilla to get into the homes of more people.

1 in 8 women will get breast cancer. A reality is, the people who really care about the treatment and cures of cancers are the only ones really with any skin in the game. Our society is so far removed from the path of scientific research, I would not be surprised if some folks were not expecting a cure by 1/2 time of the next NFL game.

Lone_Wolfe
10-15-2012, 00:41

A few days ago I was riding around with a friend of mine, when we noticed a downtoen fountain is pink right now. She pointed out that it was for breast cancer awareness. I had to ask her, "Do you think they can make me anymore aware than I already am that I have breast cancer?!?"

Gallium
10-15-2012, 01:05
A few days ago I was riding around with a friend of mine, when we noticed a downtoen fountain is pink right now. She pointed out that it was for breast cancer awareness. I had to ask her, "Do you think they can make me anymore aware than I already am that I have breast cancer?!?"

No way! :shocked:

(how ya doing? :wavey:)

Seriously, I think the message is for dumb-asses like me, but the problem is, we all have different saturation levels for crap, and UNFORTUNATELY, they (whoever they are) set the level of pink this year up a few notches from last year's "STUN" level - and the "noise" level was already pretty damn high, so a lot of people simply tune out much of what is being said.

ca survivor
10-15-2012, 06:22
deleted.........

ca survivor
10-15-2012, 06:24
and how are you doing ?

eracer
10-15-2012, 06:26
Sorry, but I'm calling BS. Can anyone tell me they aren't aware of breast cancer? This whole thing is overkill suiting up pro football players in pink shoes, socks, armbands, gloves, hats, towels, mouthpieces and everything else. Here we have the biggest, meanest SOBs out there dressed up like barbies, the pussification is in progress.Tell that to their face.

ETA - now that I think about it, they'd probably just walk away laughing at you.

HexHead
10-15-2012, 06:27
I refuse to support the Koman organization as long as they are giving money to Planned Parenthood.

Btw, more women die from heart disease than breast cancer.

Little Joe
10-15-2012, 06:28
A week is enough. A month is as much overkill as a month for black history. All of that neon pink clashing with those uniforms was down right gawdy and distracting.

Mrs. VR
10-15-2012, 06:44
oh my goodness, must we have this same conversation every October, with the same name calling, etc? I vote...nope.