Obligatory Shot show thread [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory Shot show thread

BlackPaladin
10-15-2012, 03:04
Hi CT, since the 2013 shot show is coming up, I thought I should make mention of it on here. I say it now, but I think this will be the last one for Me and Mrs. BP. I have been attending since my first show in 2008, with the exception of 2010, which I missed due to being in the middle east active duty.

I have met some great GT folks at these past shows and shared some great stories with them. It has given me a chance to network with folks in the weapons industry, as well as fellow LE.

Unfortunetely, I am just burned out on "tactical stuff". There is a lot in the world that I hope to someday see and that 5 day vacation to the show takes a hit to my vacation days and the pocketbook.

For those of you who have attended, I don't need to say more. For those who have not, if you even like occasionally shooting (aka not a big time gun person) it will still be like Disneyland.

Like I said, I will be there, and I would very much like to meet as many CTers as possible this last time around. I will try to get something stickied as the date moves closer, but chime in if you think you might go.

BP

Sharkey
10-15-2012, 08:13
Might go? Brother I am already registered with hotel and airfare already booked. Due to the economy, a lot of the free swag has gone away but it is still a great time and an opportunity to get to see all the new products and maybe get on the list for some of them (ie. the KSG from last year).

It does cut in to vacation time but the upside is that it is a tax write off.

I'm not sure our plans for the evenings yet but maybe we could plan to get together Thurs. night at one of the buffets for dinner.

Hope to see some folks there. The cell phones don't work too well (from past experience) so maybe those who are coming out can bring a 2 way radio. We can let each other know when the hotties are out signing the calendars. :supergrin:

As usual, the wifey is going on the trip but not too the actual show. We usually catch dinner and a show each night we are there. We changed it up from last year and are staying downtown as opposed to the strip. A co-worker is also going to Vegas during that time but he and his wife are going to the "Adult Entertainment" convention (I didn't ask).

Chico Bill
10-15-2012, 08:46
I'll be going this year with the rest of our range staff. We'll probably only be there wed or thurs and Friday because we usually have classes come through on Monday and Tuesday.

Last year was my first time going and I had a blast! I can't wait till this year's show.

I look forward to meeting you guys.

4teecal
10-16-2012, 16:39
I am flying in from Australia for the Shot show. I have looked at it from afar for many many years, being an avide shooter and also in law enforcement. I intend to use allllllll my time in there and see everything.