Romney wins in a landslide -- Las Vegas oddsmaker doubles down on predictio [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Romney wins in a landslide -- Las Vegas oddsmaker doubles down on predictio

zeke501
10-15-2012, 06:26
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/09/romney-will-win-in-landslide-las-vegas-oddsmaker-doubles-down-on-prediction/?intcmp=obnetwork

:supergrin:

Yes, you read that headline correctly. I am a Las Vegas oddsmaker (and former Libertarian vice presidential candidate) and here's why I am so boldly predicting a Romney landslide.

gwalchmai
10-15-2012, 07:42
Sounds good. I hope he's right. :thumbsup:

marchboom
10-15-2012, 09:03
I wonder if he factored in the democrat party induced voter fraud?

jeanderson
10-15-2012, 09:14
Probably not. Romney needs a really big lead to overcome the fraud and abuse, especially like what went on here in Ohio in 2008. If you recall, there were foreign exchange students at Ohio State that voted for Obama and bragged about it on social media sites. Think of how many did so without bragging like some of these idiots.

Sadly, it's hard to come up with a scenario where Romney wins without Ohio.

Paul7
10-15-2012, 09:54
I like this one:

"Voter rolls have been purged in 2012 of felons and illegals in many states -- particularly Florida and Ohio. Turnout of Democrats will be nothing like 2008."

Gundude
10-15-2012, 09:56
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447299

ModGlock17
10-15-2012, 11:09
This is a must-read article.

Not so much of what he predicted, but his reasonings are very good.

I see the same things, and so are many others I talked to.

nursetim
10-15-2012, 11:27
For posterity "I’m predicting Romney victories in Ohio, Florida, Colorado, Virginia, Iowa, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Indiana. I predict a Romney victory by 100 to 120 electoral votes."

gwalchmai
10-15-2012, 11:31
I hope Tim is right and plan to do my part to help Romney win in GA. ;)

countrygun
10-15-2012, 11:40
48 states have "winner take all" apportionment of electoral college votes. I have a hunch this might bring that system into question. It can be changed in each State.

callihan_44
10-15-2012, 13:04
Get out and vote!!!! It's going to be close

GAFinch
10-15-2012, 14:05
Even in California, Romney is only down by 14 points.

rppnj
10-15-2012, 14:22
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/09/romney-will-win-in-landslide-las-vegas-oddsmaker-doubles-down-on-prediction/?intcmp=obnetwork

You may be right...there's something strange going on in 'The Peoples Republik of New Jersey'. Four years ago, you "couldn't swing a dead cat" without hitting an obama sign or bumber sticker...four years later, I've hardly seen any obama signs & bumper stickers in NJ! I'm talking Monmouth County on the Jersey Shore. I've seen quite a few Romney signs but almost 'zip' for obama.

DMaddox
10-15-2012, 16:37
I agree with Callihan_44. I don't care if I hear he is going to win by a landslide. I am still going to vote and everyone else should too. I have already made sure all in my family is going to vote too. Let's make sure he DOES win by a landslide.

pugman
10-15-2012, 17:06
Full Disclosure: I hope Obama loses...I really, really, really hope he is right

This man is a Las Vegas Oddsmaker...which means he makes his money hedging his bet.

The Scott Walker prediction isn't impressive. I live in this state and everyone knew this was the union's attempt to get their collective bargining back...hell, even the DNC didn't give Barrett their usually kick in for cash

The 2006 Congress Slaughter...strike 2. Bush polarized this country to the point Obama was elected - people were dumb enough to think they were penalizing the Republicans.

A 2004 Bush victory? 9/11 was still fresh in people's minds and IMO Kerry was a weaker candidate then Romney

I hope he is right...but he is working the angle...its his job.

Flintlocker
11-02-2012, 01:01

Yes, you read that headline correctly. I am a Las Vegas oddsmaker (and former Libertarian vice presidential candidate) and here's why I am so boldly predicting a Romney landslide.

4 more days and the LANDSLIDE happens.

English
11-02-2012, 05:18

I thought that was why some of the big polling organizations were oversampling democrats. Its an allowance for expected voter fraud. They tried to sample the dead as first but couldn't get hem to answer the questions.

English

Ruble Noon
11-02-2012, 05:36
I thought that was why some of the big polling organizations were oversampling democrats. Its an allowance for expected voter fraud. They tried to sample the dead as first but couldn't get hem to answer the questions.

English

Brucev
11-02-2012, 05:37
Re: OP. Smoke and mirrors. Closely related to voodoo. Like it or not... the squatter will win in the swing states... and that will decide the election. The rest of America does not matter.

Cavalry Doc
11-02-2012, 06:30
How many liberals have taken their savings out to take the guy up on his bet?

I'm cautiously optimistic. Anything can still happen, the fact that its likely to be close has the libs scared crapless.

Good.

aircarver
11-02-2012, 07:10
... They tried to sample the dead as first but couldn't get hem to answer the questions.

English

:rofl::animlol: