For GKL [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : For GKL

Mrs. VR
10-15-2012, 06:57
Kat, I see this picture everyday, and everyday I think to myself, "self, that looks a LOT like Kat...but with a black eye, wtf?"

USE IMAGINATION HERE

I have NO IDEA what exactly the artist was trying to convey here, but I swear my expression always goes from this: :) to this :worried: to this: :dunno:

Glock&KimberLady
10-15-2012, 13:33
Ummm...domestic abuse violence victims are happy? :dunno:

I think maybe she's winking...lol...you know, that's a really creepy picture, the more I look at it...it's...squicky...

Gallium
10-15-2012, 13:46
That's a tan, baby.

In other news, Mrs. VR gives herself and infraction for copyright violation....:whistling: :tongueout:

Ragnar
10-15-2012, 14:23
That's a tan, baby.

In other news, Mrs. VR gives herself and infraction for copyright violation....:whistling: :tongueout:

No, she won't. Those in power are not required to follow the rules. :rofl:

Glock&KimberLady
10-15-2012, 14:34
No, she won't. Those in power are not required to follow the rules. :rofl:

Witness the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm bein' oppressed!

BEER
10-15-2012, 14:38
actually it looks more like mrs. vr than gkl.

now maybe if the chick in the painting was surrounded by a halo of bloody turkey feathers.....

Glock&KimberLady
10-15-2012, 15:13
actually it looks more like mrs. vr than gkl.

now maybe if the chick in the painting was surrounded by a halo of bloody turkey feathers.....

Oh my God. I am never going to live that down, am I.

Wonder if I should post the redux for the newer folks. Or maybe just let them suffer wondering what the joke is.

Mrs. VR
10-15-2012, 15:43
oh cripes, wait, is it an infringement to post a picture of a picture with no visible signature, and not claiming it as my own? Seriously? I don't think I ever gave an infraction for that, but someone tell me if it is, or...crud, nm, I"ll take it down, you can all just imagine Kat with a shiner!

Mrs. VR
10-15-2012, 15:44
Ummm...domestic abuse violence victims are happy? :dunno:

I think maybe she's winking...lol...you know, that's a really creepy picture, the more I look at it...it's...squicky...
I think so too, maybe someone's kid is an art student?

Glock&KimberLady
10-15-2012, 16:02
You know, I have never had a shiner.

Cue countdown to shiner in 3...2...1...

I don't think that's copyright infringement if it's a public pic...and a damned bad one at that...and I don't think anyone here cares...

:tempted:

Ragnar
10-15-2012, 17:38
oh cripes, wait, is it an infringement to post a picture of a picture with no visible signature, and not claiming it as my own? Seriously? I don't think I ever gave an infraction for that, but someone tell me if it is, or...crud, nm, I"ll take it down, you can all just imagine Kat with a shiner!

No, its not a copyright violation.

Nor is posting a link to an article, or an excerpt from an article, or even the whole article (if it is properly attributed).

Its called fair use.

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html
http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyright_and_Fair_Use_Overview/chapter9/

Mrs. VR
10-15-2012, 18:24
Yes, but until the Righthaven thing finishes going through all it's appeals we are still vulnerable, so err on the side of caution. No, its not a copyright violation.

Nor is posting a link to an article, or an excerpt from an article, or even the whole article (if it is properly attributed).

Its called fair use.

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html
http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyright_and_Fair_Use_Overview/chapter9/

Gallium
10-15-2012, 18:48
Yes, but until the Righthaven thing finishes going through all it's appeals we are still vulnerable, so err on the side of caution.

I assume you picked a ticket # so you could get in line to kick that idiot in the junk? I am #132,117 they are now up to eleventy billion (some of us took multiple tickets)

:wavey:

Mrs. VR
10-16-2012, 03:26
I assume you picked a ticket # so you could get in line to kick that idiot in the junk? I am #132,117 they are now up to eleventy billion (some of us took multiple tickets)

:wavey:

Brilliant !

skeeter7
10-16-2012, 03:49
I saw the picture in question and didn't post before but it did look a little like GKL from the couple of pictures I have seen of her on here. I'm not some art snob so I just interpreted the painting to be a guy looking at the girl weird for the dumb winking look on her face like she had something in her eye or something. I didn't really see her having a black eye. Either way it's not a painting I would hang in my house.

gwalchmai
10-16-2012, 05:12
Oh my God. I am never going to live that down, am I.Maybe. After all, most of these newbies have no clue about the zeppelins... :supergrin:

ithaca_deerslayer
10-16-2012, 06:13
Next time don't get your eye so close to the scope :)

Glock&KimberLady
10-16-2012, 13:55
Maybe. After all, most of these newbies have no clue about the zeppelins... :supergrin:

Ahh, you mean the MOTHER OF GOD pic... :rofl: I'd forgotten about that!!! (Please tell me you didn't right click/save when that came up on your monitor)

gwalchmai
10-16-2012, 14:05
Ahh, you mean the MOTHER OF GOD pic... :rofl: I'd forgotten about that!!! (Please tell me you didn't right click/save when that came up on your monitor)Oh, no. That would be wrong...

:cool:

gwalchmai
10-16-2012, 14:15
Just for the record, I have gotten shiners from a fist, a scope, and a C-Cell thrown from a 2 year old. The C-Cell was the best, it reminded me of Rocky.

Mrs. VR
10-16-2012, 15:34
Ahh, you mean the MOTHER OF GOD pic... :rofl: I'd forgotten about that!!! (Please tell me you didn't right click/save when that came up on your monitor)
Oh hell woman, who DIDN't?? :tease:

Eta: no worries, I've destroyed like three laptops since then!