Lone Wolf Comp? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf Comp?

km625
10-15-2012, 07:42
Anybody here using the compensator from LWD
(http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=6729)?

Good? Bad? How does it compare to the Carver
9mm comps? Any other comps widely available?

km

malladus
10-15-2012, 08:26
I ran one on my unlmited Model 34 for a little while, well when the gun would run. My experience may not be typical however. It works really good from what limited time I ran it on the gun, however because I was using a 34 the mass of the comp caused issues with the gun cycling when I had a CMORE mount on it. Take off the mount or the comp and the gun ran fine, put both on and jam-o-matic. Not the comp's fault though. I did run it for awhile with-out the dot and mount and it was pretty nice. The weight makes the gun point a little weird over using an aluminum comp.

I don't think other then the weight issue that it seemed any more effective then a more traditional looking comp.

malladus

SARDG
10-15-2012, 09:28
Anybody here using the compensator from LWD
(http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=6729)?

Good? Bad? How does it compare to the Carver
9mm comps? Any other comps widely available?

km

I ran one on my unlmited Model 34 for a little while, well when the gun would run... ...Take off the mount or the comp and the gun ran fine, put both on and jam-o-matic...
km625- malladus' experience is not unusual. These raceguns of course, don't run 'out of the box' and not only require hardware tuning, but often ammo selection & development to reach their potential. Do you roll your own ammo?

km625
10-15-2012, 11:38
km625- malladus' experience is not unusual. These raceguns of course, don't run 'out of the box' and not only require hardware tuning, but often ammo selection & development to reach their potential. Do you roll your own ammo?

I load all of my 9 and 45. Figured 90-115 grain 9mm bullets
loaded hot would be a good start.

km

SARDG
10-15-2012, 12:06
I load all of my 9 and 45. Figured 90-115 grain 9mm bullets
loaded hot would be a good start.

km
I developed a 124gr at 1052fps for G34 racer, which isn't near as hot as the factory 124 Blazer I shot previously that also worked - and my load is a noticeably softer shooter. I shoot 147s in my stock Glocks but they wouldn't run the 34. I was still looking for a heavy(ish) bullet and fast powder for the racer and developed a pretty good alternative to the 147s.