Food Tent Displaying Obama Signs Erected Outside Ohio Poll [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Food Tent Displaying Obama Signs Erected Outside Ohio Poll

DOC44
10-15-2012, 07:44
Food Tent Displaying Obama Signs Erected Outside Ohio Poll

On Wednesday, a food tent peppered with Obama campaign signs was seen in Cleveland directly across from the Board of Elections where early voting is taking place.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/12/Food-Tent-Displaying-Obama-Campaign-Signs-Erected-Outside-Ohio-Poll

Doc44

FLIPPER 348
10-15-2012, 07:46
....and the issue is??

DOC44
10-15-2012, 07:50
....and the issue is??

This is possibly a violation of Ohio statute 3599, which has a section that reads:

3599.01 Bribery.

(A) No person shall before, during, or after any primary, convention, or election:

(1) Give, lend, offer, or procure or promise to give, lend, offer, or procure any money, office, position, place or employment, influence, or any other valuable consideration to or for a delegate, elector, or other person;

(2) Attempt by intimidation, coercion, or other unlawful means to induce such delegate or elector to register or refrain from registering or to vote or refrain from voting at a primary, convention, or election for a particular person, question, or issue;

(3) Advance, pay, or cause to be paid or procure or offer to procure money or other valuable thing to or for the use of another, with the intent that it or part thereof shall be used to induce such person to vote or to refrain from voting.

(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of bribery, a felony of the fourth degree; and if he is a candidate he shall forfeit the nomination he received, or if elected to any office he shall forfeit the office to which he was elected at the election with reference to which such offense was committed.

Of course this is SOP for democrats.

Doc44

FLIPPER 348
10-15-2012, 07:52
Oh, I read the link. I don't see a conflict with the food tent.

Bren
10-15-2012, 07:57
....and the issue is??

It would be a crime, here, if they continue that on election day. "Electioneering" is not allowed within 300 feet of a poll.

In Ohio, it is illegal if within 100 feet. No campaign signs, posters, etc., within that zone.

(A) During an election and the counting of the ballots, no person shall do any of the following:
(1) Loiter, congregate, or engage in any kind of election campaigning within the area between the polling place and the small flags of the United States placed on the thoroughfares and walkways leading to the polling place, and if the line of electors waiting to vote extends beyond those small flags, within ten feet of any elector in that line;
(2) In any manner hinder or delay an elector in reaching or leaving the place fixed for casting the elector's ballot;
(3) Give, tender, or exhibit any ballot or ticket to any person other than the elector's own ballot to the judge of election within the area between the polling place and the small flags of the United States placed on the thoroughfares and walkways leading to the polling place, and if the line of electors waiting to vote extends beyond those small flags, within ten feet of any elector in that line;

Ohio Rev. Code Ann. 3501.35 (West)

In addition, there is a separate Ohio statute requiring the police or sheriff to dedicate officers to arrest them for doing so. The area marked by flags is 100 feet from the polling place.

Here, they may get around it because the area isn't marked by flags until the general election day.

I have no doubt you would see the problem if it was Romney/Ryan signs.

IvanVic
10-15-2012, 07:58

Irrespective of the law, you don't see a moral issue here?

aircarver
10-15-2012, 08:00
Democrats & moral issues ? .... :rofl:

/

FLIPPER 348
10-15-2012, 08:01
feeding people is a 'moral issue'?? The food is going to sway a Mittens voter to suddenly vote Obama??

Spin all you want but there is no violation of any laws.

DonGlock26
10-15-2012, 08:03
....and the issue is??

Are they violating election laws? Are they obeying local vending and food health codes?

aircarver
They gonna be there the day after the election ? ... :upeyes:

DOC44
Democrats & moral issues ? .... :rofl:

/

http://www.theobamafile.com/_images/black-panthers.jpg

Doc44

FLIPPER 348
10-15-2012, 08:04
Are they violating election laws? Are they obeying local vending and food health codes?

You tell me. I read the link.

FLIPPER 348
10-15-2012, 08:05
They gonna be there the day after the election ? ... :upeyes:

Were they there last week??

DOC44
10-15-2012, 08:06
did it rain on Thursday after 1:00????

Doc44

Bren
10-15-2012, 08:08
feeding people is a 'moral issue'?? The food is going to sway a Mittens voter to suddenly vote Obama??

I believe I just posted the statute, unless that street is more than 100 feet wide. At best, they can claim the election officers failed to properly mark the 100 foot zone.

FLIPPER 348
10-15-2012, 08:13
Here, they may get around it because the area isn't marked by flags until the general election day.

I have no doubt you would see the problem if it was Romney/Ryan signs.

The law is the law.

I would have no problem if it was Mittens/Ryan signs because I am not a FTPI nut-job.

DOC44
10-15-2012, 08:15
The law is the law.

I would have no problem if it was Mittens/Ryan signs because I am not a FTPI nut-job.

:rofl::rofl:

There are all kinds of "nut-jobs" here......:whistling:

Doc44

Bren
10-15-2012, 08:17

That's an opinion we disagree on, but I don't see the marking flags in the pictures, so that is probably why they cite the bribery statute, rather than the electioneering statute.

FLIPPER 348
10-15-2012, 08:17
Yea, they scour the internet finding goofy links!

FLIPPER 348
10-15-2012, 08:19
That's an opinion we disagree on, but I don't see the marking flags in the pictures, so that is probably why they cite the bribery statute, rather than the electioneering statute.

'they' are citing anything 'they' can in a moronic attempt to bash the President. It's quite pathetic.

....yet y'all lapp it up!

IvanVic
10-15-2012, 08:27
feeding people is a 'moral issue'??

No. When did I say that?

LASTRESORT20
10-15-2012, 08:27
'they' are citing anything 'they' can in a moronic attempt to bash the President. It's quite pathetic.

Aint dat a fact Flippy!....I bet you stood up for Bush.....when those Pathetic, moronic foaming at the mouth *****wipesss were bashing him.

NDCent
10-15-2012, 08:29
I see no problem as long as the food isn't purchased with taxpayer money. However, I doubt collard greens and ham hocks will sway many votes in Ohio. :dunno:

DOC44
10-15-2012, 08:30

one's clear view opinion.

http://wemeantwell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/head_up_ass.jpg

Doc44

ChuteTheMall
10-15-2012, 08:31
You tell me. I read the link.

It's impossible for anyone of normal intelligence to have read the link without recognizing that the law was violated.

Perhaps the presence of too many words overwhelmed someone. Let's break it down to the simplest possible terms:

3599.02 Bribery - offenses concerning voters or voting.

No person shall before, during, or after any primary, general, or special election or convention solicit, request, demand, receive, or contract for any money, gift, loan, property, influence, position, employment, or other thing of value for that person or for another person for doing any of the following:

(A) Registering or refraining from registering to vote;

(B) Agreeing to register or to refrain from registering to vote;

(C) Agreeing to vote or to refrain from voting;

(D) Voting or refraining from voting at any primary, general, or special election or convention for a particular person, question, or issue;

(E) Registering or voting, or refraining from registering or voting, or voting or refraining from voting for a particular person, question, or issue.

Whoever violates this section is guilty of bribery, a felony of the fourth degree, and shall be disfranchised and excluded from holding any public office for five years immediately following such conviction.

Now, any honest person understands that you can't give anyone any thing of value in return for them agreeing to register or to vote. Not even a lolipop. It's clearly a felony.

:okie:

FLIPPER 348
10-15-2012, 08:36
Aint dat a fact Flippy!....I bet you stood up for Bush.....when those Pathetic, moronic foaming at the mouth *****wipesss were bashing him.

I stood for Bush until the 2nd invasion of Iraq.

FLIPPER 348
10-15-2012, 08:37
It's impossible for anyone of normal intelligence to have read the link without recognizing that the law was violated.

show us where handing out food violates anything

IvanVic
10-15-2012, 08:41
show us where handing out food violates anything

Why would you offer someone something in return for their registration?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Bren
10-15-2012, 13:21
Why would you offer someone something in return for their registration?

Because the people who will register in exchange for a hotdog on the street all vote for the same party and it starts with a D.

W420Hunter
10-15-2012, 14:08

This is so close to being funny its not. You want to talk about pathetic? How about a Attorney General who go's back on everything our courts where founded on and declared a man guilty until he proved other wise?