Colonelís class on radical Islam leaves career in limbo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Colonelís class on radical Islam leaves career in limbo

HerrGlock
10-15-2012, 08:23
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/14/colonels-class-on-radical-islam-leaves-career-in-l/?page=all#pagebreak

Steve0853
10-15-2012, 09:50
Moral of the story:

If you are a member of the military, don't disparage radical Islam when the Commander in Chief is a Muslim.

8-Ball
10-15-2012, 09:56
Wow, that's ś**tty.

Andy W
10-15-2012, 10:00
Moral of the story:

If you are a member of the military, don't disparage radical Islam when the Commander in Chief is a Muslim.

Come on. Really? It's people that spout this kind of BS that are going to end up getting Obama re-elected.

sns3guppy
10-15-2012, 11:07

The CiC isn't muslim. Don't speak stupidly.

blackjack
10-15-2012, 11:08
Come on. Really? It's people that spout this kind of BS that are going to end up getting Obama re-elected.

Perhaps it's you that should "come on."

http://factsnotfantasy.blogspot.com/2012/10/can-it-all-be-coincidence.html

I believe the current term "hot mess" would apply to the series of coincidence and circumstance recounted in the linked article.

nursetim
10-15-2012, 12:08
Minor point, which is he? A LtCol or Col? The article list both as his rank.

Guppy, is "stupidly" really a word? I have never heard it used in everyday language. I am exposed to stupidity constantly and in 46yrs have never heard the term before. I'm sure I have not heard of plenty of words in my short tenure on Earth.

Obumo is most certainly a Mooselimb. No father, I have ever run across, picks the morning call to prayer over the laughter of his children, except a most devout mooselimb. The ring he wears, we all assumed was a plain wedding band, not so much a wedding band as evidence of his true faith.

LASTRESORT20
10-15-2012, 12:17

Andy.....wake up .....Americans see right through "YOUR" Chosen One .....
Your *acting* like a "Protective" lemming.... best wishes for ya amigo....

AF-Odin
10-15-2012, 12:19
He is a Lieutenant Colonel. When speaking to or about him after the first use, he is normally referred to as Colonel. the same with a 2LT or 1LT, after first use, it is usually just LT. Generals are the same, BG, MG, LTG, or GEN after first use of the title are simply refered to as General.

The history lesson on the rank of Lt Col is that Lieutenant is taken from the French phrase Lieu Tennans or "in the place of." Originally this was the officer who was in charge when the Colonel was absent.

All this aside, it is still a shame that a very good officer should have a great Officer Effectiveness Report withdrawn and replaced with a career ender.

stevelyn
10-15-2012, 12:27
Imagine that. In today's world speaking the truth can be detrimental to one's career. We deserve to fall like a house of cards.

Leopards never lose their spots and I don't believe for a second the Kenyan Pig lost his. No one "converts" from what they've been brought up to believe in no matter how many times they say it. It's part and parcel of the cultural indoctrination they've received.

Glotin
10-15-2012, 12:29
Minor point, which is he? A LtCol or Col? The article list both as his rank.

He is a LtCol (O5). Ranks in the military are often shortened to the more senior rank.

LtCol is sometimes called Colonel.
LCDR - Commander
LTJG - Lieutenant
Brigadier Gen - General

Etc.

nursetim
10-15-2012, 13:08
Yes I understand the rank structure and the concept even of a "phone Colonel" but dropping the Lt. In written communication after the proper title is foreign to me. Speaking to someone of that rank, the Lt gets dropped, I get it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Andy W
10-15-2012, 13:35

Try again. I'm voting for Romney.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

KalashniKEV
10-15-2012, 13:38
He is a Lieutenant Colonel. When speaking to or about him after the first use, he is normally referred to as Colonel.

Actually, pretty soon you can just drop the "Colonel" when addressing this fool and and just call him "Lieutenant" though...

:rofl:

wlkjr
10-15-2012, 14:14
When the top military leaders lose their gonads, it's for certain we are doomed. Gen. Patton is surely turning over in his grave. There will be a payday for bowing down, just as there was for the subprime debacle, only much worse. This country will surely fall because of weak leaders and moreso because we stand by and do nothing.

F350
10-15-2012, 14:53
Perhaps it's you that should "come on."

http://factsnotfantasy.blogspot.com/2012/10/can-it-all-be-coincidence.html

I believe the current term "hot mess" would apply to the series of coincidence and circumstance recounted in the linked article.

One more..... If not follower of Islam why wear this

http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/obamas-ring-there-is-no-god-but-allah/

Snaps
10-15-2012, 15:22

finally, somebody who hangs out with Obama and knows the truth.

Oh wait... we dont' really know anything about him..

Has muslim supporting beliefs, that's for sure.

sns3guppy
10-16-2012, 03:19
Guppy, is "stupidly" really a word? I have never heard it used in everyday language. I am exposed to stupidity constantly and in 46yrs have never heard the term before. I'm sure I have not heard of plenty of words in my short tenure on Earth.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/stupidly

Feel stupid, now? Was it really such a hardship to look it up, or was it easier to simply spout off?

Apparently it's easier, as those in this thread have done. Whether it's the article about the President knowing someone who knows someone who happens to be this or that, to the utterly idiotic link about the President's ring, it's foolish conspiracy stupdity.

The President is a Christian. However, whether he's muslim, Christian, Buddhist, or druid really doesn't matter. The negative report on Lt. Col. Dooley was under the direction of General Dempsey, not President Obama.

frizz
10-16-2012, 04:12

That website has no credibility. It is for the off the wall fringe.

frizz
10-16-2012, 04:16

It is doltish to assume that someone ho objects to a statement by an Obama opponent must be an Obama supporter himself.

It is even worse to make that assumption when he clearly doesn't want Obama reelected.

blackjack
10-16-2012, 04:34
The President is a Christian.

Since you're so fond of words and their meanings, here's a link for the definition of "Christian."

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Christian

Can you describe for the audience those attributes of Mr. Obama that fit the noun form (as used in the quote above) of the definition? As you can see by the definition, it has little to do with being in a building with a sign outside claiming to be "of Christ." It requires a positive belief that Jesus was and is The Messiah, as foretold in the Old Testament, who would be the savior of the Jews, was rejected by them (also prophesied), died sinless, and was resurrected to be the Savior of the world.

Do you think that message was preached in the same building as the "G** D*** America" sermon?

Scripturally speaking, I don't get to judge other men as that's for God to do. However, scripture does not bar me from discerning actions and attitudes to draw reasonable conclusions. These lead me to be dubious of the claim of being a Christian by Mr. Obama.

Gallium
10-16-2012, 04:39
The ring story was very intriguing.... :)

sns3guppy
10-16-2012, 15:24
Scripturally speaking, I don't get to judge other men as that's for God to do.

Then stop banging your bible with your holier-than-thou judgmental agenda-driven clap-trap drivel.

The President doesn't claim to be a muslim, doesn't espouse, teach, or promote islam, doesn't seek counsel or guidance from an imam, and has continued to press attacks on radical islam, up to the location and killing of bin laden.

The President attends a christian church, and believes in christian values.

Whether the President is muslim or not, however, is irrelevant. Would it matter if he's a muslim? Do we have religious freedom for christains only? Where does the constitution exclude islam?

It doesn't? How about that.

Don't hurt yourself climbing off that pride-ridden high horse.

series1811
10-16-2012, 15:51
The ring story was very intriguing.... :)

There are a lot of very intriguing things about Obama. You have to be pretty thick to completely disregard them all.

treeline
10-16-2012, 15:53

That ring doesn't look like arabic text unless you want to see it. It's like seeing a face in a cloud. I'm with Andy W on this - kook stuff like this helps Obama because it damages his critics credibility.

Here's a different link with better resolution photos of the ring.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/334716

JBnTX
10-16-2012, 15:59

He was raised as a Muslim.

That means during the most impressionable and most formative years of his life he was taught to believe in Islam.

Islam has been one of the strongest forces in his life.
He may not be a Muslim now, but the foundation is still there,
and always will be.

sns3guppy
10-16-2012, 22:53
Irrelevant.

Is one born into a catholic family always catholic? No. That person may become whomever or whatever he or she chooses. Likewise, one born a muslim is not muslim unless he or she chooses to be.

Islam, by definition, is all things subject to one God: Allah. If one chooses not to be subject to Allah, or to subject one's self, if instead one worships another God, that person is not muslim, and is not an adherent to islam.

Whether the President is a muslim or not, however is irrelevant. The President was not a part of the decision to castigate the Lt. Colonel in question, nor has islam played a part in the Presidency. Furthermore, it's nobodies business but his own what he chooses to believe. Do we have an obscure law requiring all sitting presidents to be Christian, or forbidding an islamic president? We do not.

The President, whether you like it or not, or believe it or not, is Christian.

series1811
10-17-2012, 07:01
That ring doesn't look like arabic text unless you want to see it. It's like seeing a face in a cloud. I'm with Andy W on this - kook stuff like this helps Obama because it damages his critics credibility.

Here's a different link with better resolution photos of the ring.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/334716

Oh, I think there is little doubt of what the ring is and what the writing on it says. You can argue about his reasons for wearing it all day.

Bilbo Bagins
10-17-2012, 07:28
Damn I wish I could find it on youtube. There was a Military training film from WWII which got into how to tell the difference between Japanese and other Asians like Chinese.

It was Totally not PC.

While I'm not going to take the low road calling Obama a Muslim, the current admistration is WAY too PC. Why should Muslim groups have ANYTHING to do with military training is beyond me.

Seriously, for those in the military during a conflict, how PC was your CO when they talked about the Nazis, the Japanese, the Koreans, The North Vietnamese, or Saddam Forces, etc.

If the trainer's entire class was a tirade on how every Haji in the world is the devil, then I can see it being a problem, but I doubt he would have gotten the teaching position to start with or the issue would have been nipped in the bud very quickly. No, something tells me either a Muslim US soldier complained to the Muslim Brotherhood, or for some extremely dumb reason the Muslim brotherhood was allow to stick its nose in US Military business. Since there is no mention of complaints from students, I'm thinking its the 2nd one...which is INSANITY.

What is next, let the Muslim bortherhood is going to come to other military training facilities, maybe see the mock up of Afghan towns that our soldiers and marines train at. Maybe go to the language course, or the friend or foe shoot simulators.

What's next?

happyguy
10-17-2012, 08:00
Sometimes the military eats their own. Billy Mitchell comes to mind.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

Random
10-17-2012, 09:14
No one "converts" from what they've been brought up to believe in no matter how many times they say it.

I have alot of white friends that say they were raised in very racist households, but that they themselves are not racist. They say those were the beliefs of their parents who were born of another time. I always doubted them just a little. Now at least I know my suspicions were not unwarranted.

happyguy
10-17-2012, 09:20
I have alot of white friends that say they were raised in very racist households, but that they themselves are not racist. They say those were the beliefs of their parents who were born of another time. I always doubted them just a little. Now at least I know my suspicions were not unwarranted.

Do you judge a man on every fleeting thought that might cross his mind?

The true mark of the man is what does he do with those thoughts? Does he embrace, espouse, and/or act on them?

Or does he consign them to the garbage pail where they belong?

I suggest a very close evaluation of yourself before you begin to judge others.

Having said that, there seems to be no end to the number of white guys that reveal themselves to me to be racist in private but who would never do so in public.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

havensal
10-17-2012, 10:40
That website has no credibility. It is for the off the wall fringe.

What? It has "Ain't (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/AIN'T)" in there, it must be good. :rofl:

nursetim
10-17-2012, 10:43
Then stop banging your bible with your holier-than-thou judgmental agenda-driven clap-trap drivel.

The President doesn't claim to be a muslim, doesn't espouse, teach, or promote islam, doesn't seek counsel or guidance from an imam, and has continued to press attacks on radical islam, up to the location and killing of bin laden.

The President attends a christian church, and believes in christian values.

Whether the President is muslim or not, however, is irrelevant. Would it matter if he's a muslim? Do we have religious freedom for christains only? Where does the constitution exclude islam?

It doesn't? How about that.

Don't hurt yourself climbing off that pride-ridden high horse.

I've heard him say "the Holy Koran teaches..." With my own ears. Nonmuzzies just don't say that in that way. Not unless you are A) clergy or B) a mooselimb, that's it. End of sentence. Done, there is no other explanation. You believe your fantasy, ill believe the truth, which you believe is fantasy on my part. I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong and that just wouldn't do, now would it?

Snaps
10-17-2012, 13:56
If it didn't appear that his wife completely runs that marriage and family I would have no doubt he's a true muslim. That is the only thing that makes me second guess it

sns3guppy
10-17-2012, 17:06
I've heard him say "the Holy Koran teaches..." With my own ears. Nonmuzzies just don't say that in that way. Not unless you are A) clergy or B) a mooselimb, that's it. End of sentence. Done, there is no other explanation.

This, based on your extensive expertise in dealing with muslims, or your qualifications as a teacher and preacher of Christianity or another religion?

I've got quite a bit of experience dealing with muslims and living in islamic countries. I've read the Qur'an. I graduated the seminary, and have a long history as a practicing Christian.

I've said "the Holy Qur'an teaches," and I've said it while teaching Christianity. Even in Sunday school, and from a pulpit. Big deal.

You might not know as much as you think you know. Do you find being called a redneck to be offensive?

Again, if the President was muslim (which he is not), it wouldn't matter. Which law is it that you can cite which prevents this? Are you a bigot who will only allow one religion or denomination in the white house? Remember that pesky saying, one nation under God? Islam teaches that too. Surprise, surprise.

You're judging the man for the religion you incorrectly believe that he follows. What high and mighty horse do you right that allows you to pass that judgement?

oldman11
10-17-2012, 17:54
Moral of the story:

Yeah, you're right on that.

sns3guppy
10-17-2012, 19:11
Yeah, you're right on that.

No, he's not. But then, when one has nothing truthful to say, anything goes, right?

Much like the ridiculous claptrap (already debunked here) about the ring that the President wears, some are quite happy to spout lies and parrot absolute garbage they read on the internet, rather than lift a finger to learn what is correct, and what is not.

So many here are far too blind and agenda driven to worry about the truth. Make the President into the devil incarnate, find reasons to whine and carry on, no matter how utterly false and untrue those reasons may be, and then perpetuate them as though they're actually valid.

They're not. The President isn't muslim, either, but if he were, it wouldn't make a hill of beans difference.

Averageman
10-17-2012, 19:11
You dont just come up with a class and decide to give it without some oversight in the Military.
Some, and I don't mean a few in that chain of command must have supported that view.
I have posted about this here before. That class was highly controversial, but worth a look.
I can't say I agree with all of it, but he seemed pretty damn close to being right to me.

nursetim
10-17-2012, 20:30
Guppy puppy reading comprehension fail on your part. You are clergy, so you fall into A. Unless you live in Dearborn MI or Afghanistan, have you made a hajj? . I am clergy as well, but will not recognize a religion or philosophy that advocates violence and moral turpitude against a people, not of that religion. Nursetim sends.

Andy W
10-17-2012, 21:27
Guppy puppy reading comprehension fail on your part. You are clergy, so you fall into A. Unless you live in Dearborn MI or Afghanistan, have you made a hajj? . I am clergy as well, but will not recognize a religion or philosophy that advocates violence and moral turpitude against a people, not of that religion. Nursetim sends.

None of the muslims I know believe in committing acts of violence against non-muslims. I have a Turkish muslim professor and he's actually a kinder, more caring person than a lot of christians (at least that's what they identify as) I know. I may not have as much experience with followers of Islam as you do but the few I know are very good people.

Fiery Red XIII
10-17-2012, 21:41
None of the muslims I know believe in committing acts of violence against non-muslims. I have a Turkish muslim professor and he's actually a kinder, more caring person than a lot of christians (at least that's what they identify as) I know. I may not have as much experience with followers of Islam as you do but the few I know are very good people.

Really? My Pakistani professor and his american wife blamed the USA for 9/11. The muslim student assoc. supported that line of thinking, and they said they aren't violent..."but..." they made excuses on why the attacks were justifiable. Every muslim I have met makes excuses for the attacks. This was just after 9/11, when I was in an EMT-I class and working as an EMT.

ETA: the professor and his wife (another professor) shared these beliefs in a forum, AND in their classes...their classes were not international/political/historical subjects either.

Red

Snaps
10-17-2012, 21:44

all the arabic ones I've met are all about killing Americans, all the black ones I've met are other criminals.

EDIT: funny story
Our translator years back saw that a guy was watching a Britney Spears video on a laptop, he told us in a long winded way that she was evidence of everything wrong in America and a big part of the reason Muslims hated America.

Yup, a 25 or so at the time year old blonde is the cause of all that is wrong in the world.

Andy W
10-18-2012, 01:44
Really? My Pakistani professor and his american wife blamed the USA for 9/11. The muslim student assoc. supported that line of thinking, and they said they aren't violent..."but..." they made excuses on why the attacks were justifiable. Every muslim I have met makes excuses for the attacks. This was just after 9/11, when I was in an EMT-I class and working as an EMT.

ETA: the professor and his wife (another professor) shared these beliefs in a forum, AND in their classes...their classes were not international/political/historical subjects either.

Red

Really. He's actually a political science professor too. Just yesterday I was at his office hours and we were talking about the Obama being a muslim thing, how the election is going, Israel, etc. It was a polite conversation and he never mentioned anything about America being evil or hating Israel. In fact, he's even indicated he believes elected officials should keep their personal religioius beliefs out of politics. You have to rememver he is a Turk though. Traditionally they are more moderate with respect to religion than other muslim peoples in the middle east. I get the feeling he's somewhat liberal politically but not the the point where he's a disagreeable person or an Islamist.

Andy W
10-18-2012, 01:49
all the arabic ones I've met are all about killing Americans, all the black ones I've met are other criminals.

Our translator years back saw that a guy was watching a Britney Spears video on a laptop, he told us in a long winded way that she was evidence of everything wrong in America and a big part of the reason Muslims hated America.

Yup, a 25 or so at the time year old blonde is the cause of all that is wrong in the world.

This guy has never done or said anything like that. I actually heard him make a joke once about who somebody's baby daddy was. He also once remarked about how the former Saudi King had over 100 sons and how busy he must have been to accomplish that. So he may be a muslim but possbibly not an extremely devout one.

frizz
10-18-2012, 03:03

You have misinterpreted your own words!

He said that Spears was evidence of everything wrong with the US. You have interpreted that to mean, cause of everything wrong in the world. :upeyes:

That said, Spears is a vapid dimwit, but the amount of media attention given to her is an indication of a serious problem in the US. Look at all the speculation about her mental problems and head shearing, and then consider that most people can't name a single Supreme Court justice, and a high percentage can't fund the US on a world map.

sns3guppy
10-18-2012, 07:19

You've not met very many, then. This speaks to you and your inexperience, and is an indictment of what you don't know (but think you do). In other words, you haven't a leg to stand upon. You've clearly not spent any time in islamic countries...and islam accounts for one fifth of the world population. That's a very sheltered world you've lived in, isn't it? From that little sheltered umbrella, you presume to judge the world? Quite presumptuous of you.

Guppy puppy reading comprehension fail on your part. You are clergy, so you fall into A. Unless you live in Dearborn MI or Afghanistan, have you made a hajj? .

I'm not clergy, and don't consider myself to be. I don't live in Dearborn, though I've worked out of Michigan. I have lived in and worked all over the middle east, including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, the Emirates, Iraq, Afghanistan (asia, actually) and in a number of muslim countries...have you?

I'm not a fan of islam. I don't believe in it, don't like it. I can say that based on more than a little experience with it, in it, and around it. However, that does not color my relationship with a muslim. I have my choice, they have theirs. Being islamic does not make one a terrorist. Those who think otherwise show their true colors, their red neck, and their extreme ignorance on the matter. They paint themselves as idiots, one step removed from those who bark and howl at the moon because they don't understand it. One fifth of the global population are terrorists? Really?

No, not really.

The President isn't muslim.

If the President were muslim, however, it wouldn't change a thing. It would simply give the ignorant and the uninformed another excuse to rally around their misinformation and lies. In the meantime, the same will pretend that the President is muslim in order to feel better about the rumors they make up and perpetuate: we see this thread as one such perfect example.

Bren
10-18-2012, 08:13
If he had been fired from some state university for teaching that marxism is a great economic philosophy, the same POS hippies who claim Dempsey was right would be howling about the first amendment and academic freedom (naturally I don't mean GT members, per the TOS, just POS hippies in the general public).

series1811
10-18-2012, 08:49
You really think that Muslims living here are going to be stupid enough to tell infidels what they really believe?

That's like a black guy going up to a KKK sympathizer and asking him what he thinks about the KKK. Think he will get an honest answer?

I'm a Christian, but I don't mind saying that the members of the Westboro Baptist Church need to be mud stomped.

Where are the Muslims, saying the same thing about the Muslim Brotherhood?

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/dispatches-undercover-mosque/

nursetim
10-18-2012, 09:09
You've not met very many, then. This speaks to you and your inexperience, and is an indictment of what you don't know (but think you do). In other words, you haven't a leg to stand upon. You've clearly not spent any time in islamic countries...and islam accounts for one fifth of the world population. That's a very sheltered world you've lived in, isn't it? From that little sheltered umbrella, you presume to judge the world? Quite presumptuous of you.

I'm not clergy, and don't consider myself to be. I don't live in Dearborn, though I've worked out of Michigan. I have lived in and worked all over the middle east, including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, the Emirates, Iraq, Afghanistan (asia, actually) and in a number of muslim countries...have you?

I'm not a fan of islam. I don't believe in it, don't like it. I can say that based on more than a little experience with it, in it, and around it. However, that does not color my relationship with a muslim. I have my choice, they have theirs. Being islamic does not make one a terrorist. Those who think otherwise show their true colors, their red neck, and their extreme ignorance on the matter. They paint themselves as idiots, one step removed from those who bark and howl at the moon because they don't understand it. One fifth of the global population are terrorists? Really?

No, not really.

The President isn't muslim.

If the President were muslim, however, it wouldn't change a thing. It would simply give the ignorant and the uninformed another excuse to rally around their misinformation and lies. In the meantime, the same will pretend that the President is muslim in order to feel better about the rumors they make up and perpetuate: we see this thread as one such perfect example.

If it was as easy as live and let live, fine. But the koran tells them to convert or kill non believers. Tell me I'm wrong. It also tells them that lying to infidels to further the religion is ok, go ahead, tell me I'm wrong. I have been wrong before and readily admit it. But I'm not and you know it. This does not mean I am going mooselimb hunting. Or that I will spit in the face of any mooselimb I come across. It just means I will be guarded in my dealings with them.

If the koran didn't dictate what it does, then I would not give a turkey what faith the president is, was, or will be. I wouldn't cozy up to a thuggee either.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Shall I go on? I can do this all day, I packed a lunch.:whistling:

sns3guppy
10-18-2012, 23:54
Shall I go on? I can do this all day, I packed a lunch.

Sure, why not?

We can do the same thing all day with the Bible, too, from killing phillistines with the jawbone of an ass to taking no prisoners and killing even the animals. Roughly the same time period, too. Imagine that.

Better abandon the bible wholesale, too.

It's muslim, not mooselimb. You probably knew that, too.

nursetim
10-19-2012, 00:51
Yeah, I did, still do. What you describe sound more like parables not, thou shall. In the koran, it is thou shall. See the differance?
Are christains guiltless and without blood on their hands. NOPE. But neither are they advocating my demise either. See the difference yet.

Look this is tiresome. As Dick Cavet once said, and he heard it somewhere else, "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

I think we can both agree that we will Never see eye to eye on this. I just hope it doesn't have fatal consequences for you. Shalom.

sns3guppy
10-19-2012, 10:58
Parables? When the Israelites were commanded to kill and slaughter, that was a suggestion or a parable?

The Bible is filled with bloodshed and killing, too.

If one intends to make a comparison between Christianity and islam and use killing as the basis thereof, first one must decide if killing is wrong and lay the ground rules, because both the Qu'ran and the Bible prescribe killing. In fact, the Bible laid out the death penalty for a number of offenses, much the same as certain elements of islam and sharia do. Adultery, for example.

All of which is irrelevant in consideration of the President, who is Christian, but for whom religion is not an issue with respect to office and the duties thereof.

In the United States we allow freedom of religion, and whether the President might be Buddhist, Christian, Druid, Jewish, Sufi, Muslim, or any other religion is really quite inconsequential so long as he fulfills his office.

Which law is it that forbids a man from holding the office of the Presidency if he is muslim?

President Obama, of course, is Christian.